What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 NASCAR Thread (4 Viewers)

Yes it's very possible.  There is no road course at talledega.  

So you propose when stalls were assigned last week the someone between then and now redid it?
Have no idea what the second part says.  I’m saying that at some point between (at least) last Fall and this past race that someone from NASCAR at least checked on and went into the garage stalls to verify they were still in good order and were able to be used for that race.  This would be especially true if there hasn’t been any race/event there in 9 months.  

As another poster asked above, if this were in fact a coincidence, it’s roughly a 2% chance that he would have been randomly assigned that particular stall. A week after the banning of the Confederate flag and during all the current unrest.  In Alabama.  There are coincidences, and then there are enormous coincidences.  

Jimmie Johnson tests positive for COVID-19.

This NASCAR season has had everything
He was set to test a Ganassi Indycar next week. And also stated he was open to do a full season of indycar road and street races. For the first time I heard him say his wife might let him try the Indianapolis 500 as he feels the new windscreen has greatly improved the safety. Get well soon JJ. 

The Daytona road course should be an interesting replacement for Watkins Glen, especially with no practice.

From the network that brought you a glowing hockey puck...

ETA I don't hate it. kinda gimmicky

Last edited by a moderator:
The Open was a lot more fun to watch then the actual race. Seemed everyone was in a "be nice today"  :drive:  mood during the race for a million.

The Open was a lot more fun to watch then the actual race. Seemed everyone was in a "be nice today"  :drive:  mood during the race for a million.
The race wasn't long enough for the second groove to come in.  This and the lack of lapped cars made it a parade.

Quick reminder there is a Rare Thursday night race tonight.

Coverage of the Super Start Batteries 400 will begin at 7:30 p.m. EST. with the green flag flying at 7:48 p.m. EST.

The race will 271 laps and 400 miles in length. Denny Hamlin is the most recent winner at the track.
:drive:  

Watching the Infinity road course race in Charlotte while cooking dinner. The rain has been coming down pretty hard & gonna get worse in 15-10 minutes. Huge roostertails behind the cars. Thankfully only one caution. Just finished stage 1.

Crazy entertaining stuff.

@jeff_gluck: Chase Elliott WINS at Martinsville and advances to the final four for the first time!

Kevin Harvick ELIMINATED from playoffs despite one of the best seasons in decades. Misses by ONE point. HARVICK tried to wreck Kyle Busch coming to the finish and wrecked himself too!!!!!

@rubbinisracing: Harvick went for it all, and just came up short https://twitter.com/ChuckTamato/status/1323036748176412674/video/1
First time I feel like this format isn't right. He won 1/4th the races this year. Feel like the current model needs tweaking. 

@jeff_gluck: Chase Elliott WINS at Martinsville and advances to the final four for the first time!

Kevin Harvick ELIMINATED from playoffs despite one of the best seasons in decades. Misses by ONE point. HARVICK tried to wreck Kyle Busch coming to the finish and wrecked himself too!!!!!

@rubbinisracing: Harvick went for it all, and just came up short https://twitter.com/ChuckTamato/status/1323036748176412674/video/1
I feel like he could have spun Kyle much easier going into the turn. I understand he was trying to pass as clean as possible, but......

NASCAR has constantly tweaked with the Chase/Playoffs format since its inception 17 years ago.  Harvick would have already clinched the championship under the old pre-Chase scoring system but according to some guy on Reddit with too much time on his hands, Alex Bowman is the driver who's been most negatively impacted by the current Playoffs scoring vs. the previous three formats.

Good to see Chase win it.. Bad it was at Phoenix .. Ever since they redesigned that track it tends to be :yawn:  .. 

I haven't participated since the Yahoo days but am looking to make a return. 

Can I get the cliff notes for joining?

EDIT: I am in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread