What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 NASCAR Thread (4 Viewers)

@BigSteelThrill up for round 3

3    .    01    bigsteelthrill
3    .    02    cheeseypoof
3    .    03    eephus
3    .    04    dal_boys_phan
3    .    05    The Man With No Name
3    .    06    belljr
3    .    07    Davinci
3    .    08    quizguy66
3    .    09    E Street Brat
3    .    10    comfortably numb

It probably won't happen but if only one team drafts Dillon in round 3, he won't be eligible in the free agent pool.

Oof.   I'll take the driver that is related to another former driver .   

Give me a minute my sheet went all to hell this round

@DaVinci

3    .    01    bigsteelthrill - Suarez
3    .    02    cheeseypoof - Logano
3    .    03    eephus - Byron
3    .    04    dal_boys_phan - Bowman
3    .    05    The Man With No Name - Kurt Busch
3    .    06    belljr - McMurray
3    .    07    Davinci
3    .    08    quizguy66
3    .    09    E Street Brat
3    .    10    comfortably numb

Since the draft is only three rounds, there would be complaints if we did 3rd round reversal or straight snake.  I figured re-randomizing draft order was the fairest way to go.
Zero complaints eeph. Zero. Its small and will be fun enough that gritty details just aren't needed.

ty for running it

Brutal choices left at this point.  And screwed with 2 Fords to boot.  Welp guess I just gotta hope that NASCAR puts the thumb on the scale for the blue oval.  Rolling the dice: Almirola

-QG

Final draft results

1    .    01    The Man With No Name - Truex
1    .    02    E Street Brat - Larson
1    .    03    bigsteelthrill - Kyle Busch
1    .    04    belljr - Harvick
1    .    05    cheeseypoof - Truex (2)
1    .    06    eephus - Larson (2)
1    .    07    comfortably numb - Kyle Busch (2)
1    .    08    quizguy66 - Harvick (2)
1    .    09    Davinci - Johnson
1    .    10    dal_boys_phan - Elliott

2    .    01    dal_boys_phan - Keselowski
2    .    02    Davinci - Elliott (2)
2    .    03    quizguy66 - Keselowski (2)
2    .    04    comfortably numb - Hamlin
2    .    05    eephus - Hamlin (2)
2    .    06    cheeseypoof - Bowyer
2    .    07    belljr - Johnson (2)
2    .    08    bigsteelthrill - Jones    
2    .    09    E Street Brat - Blaney
2    .    10    The Man With No Name - Blaney (2)

3    .    01    bigsteelthrill - Suarez
3    .    02    cheeseypoof - Logano
3    .    03    eephus - Byron
3    .    04    dal_boys_phan - Bowman
3    .    05    The Man With No Name - Kurt Busch
3    .    06    belljr - McMurray
3    .    07    Davinci - Austin Dillon
3    .    08    quizguy66 - Almirola
3    .    09    E Street Brat - Wallace Jr.
3    .    10    comfortably numb - Newman

The free agent pool isn't completely dry:  Stenhouse, Kahne, Dinger, Bayne, Menard, Buescher, McDowell, Ragan, Ty Dillon :shrug:

I'm traveling starting this afternoon so I don't know when I'll be able to set up the Fantrax league.  It'll definitely be done before whatever they're calling the Clash these days.

If you haven't done so, PM me your email address for Fantrax invitation and send $12.95 via PayPal(gift) or Venmo to cpzeck at yahoo dot com.

League is up.  Invitations sent.  Everybody needs to select a free agent driver before Daytona pole qualifying on Sunday.  It's set up as a $1100 salary cap league with all drafted drivers assigned a $300 salary.  This leaves $200 for your free agent slot.

I still need email addresses from @belljr & @comfortably numb

Thanks to people who've paid

dirtyhalos/comfortably numb
cheeseypoof
quizguy66
davinci
eephus
tmwnn

Last edited by a moderator:
Since NASCAR doesn't follow a set schedule for qualifying, I've set a noon Friday deadline to add/drop your free agent slot.  If we'd rather move the deadline to race day, we can do that but should probably eliminate the 2 point pole bonus.

Hopefully Fantrax is smart enough to not give pole bonuses if the grid is set by points due to a washout.  If they can't handle this, I'll change the rule to get rid of the bonus mid-season.

Because it's head to head scoring and I don't want W/L results to change after the fact, we're not counting NASCAR post-race penalties in the scoring.  Again, we can change this if the majority wants to use official points including penalties.

Can someone tell me where to send money.

I read through the thread and still am missing it somehow

Can you resend the Fantrax invite.  I never received the email.  Or just post the league info since I have a Fantrax account.

I'm totally confused

I think there is an issue.

It thinks I'm Quizguy

Last edited by a moderator:
Please try joining again.  I hadn't entered the email addresses received since I set up the league yesterday so Fantrax assigned teams on its own.

I had to remove and re-add Quizguy's team so he'll have to add all four of his drivers.  I'll check tonight to make sure nothing else got screwed up.

@QuizGuy66

Please try joining again.  I hadn't entered the email addresses received since I set up the league yesterday so Fantrax assigned teams on its own.

I had to remove and re-add Quizguy's team so he'll have to add all four of his drivers.  I'll check tonight to make sure nothing else got screwed up.

@QuizGuy66
It won't let me add my drivers :(

-QG

Team Quizguy should be good now.

Please go in and make sure you can drop & re-add Stenhouse

Team Quizguy should be good now.

Please go in and make sure you can drop & re-add Stenhouse
:(  nopers - dings me for illegal lineup if I just try to drop him.

Then yried to swap him for 'dinger as a test and got a message "Sorry we cannot process that request because you are above the maximum number of claims for the week (1) Feb 5- Feb 11

I mean as long as my lineup is in I am good for now.

-QG

:(  nopers - dings me for illegal lineup if I just try to drop him.

Then yried to swap him for 'dinger as a test and got a message "Sorry we cannot process that request because you are above the maximum number of claims for the week (1) Feb 5- Feb 11

I mean as long as my lineup is in I am good for now.

-QG
Thanks for beta testing.  I'll change that option tonight

Free agent update:  a bunch of Stenhouses, a couple of Baynes, a Kahne and a Michael McDowell

No Danicas yet

Users who are viewing this thread