What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FISA-gate: "Is this the KGB?" (1 Viewer)

Bozeman Bruiser

Footballguy
GOP lawmakers demand that 'alarming' memo on FISA abuses be made public

A four-page memo circulating in Congress that reveals alleged United States government surveillance abuses is being described by lawmakers as “shocking,” “troubling” and “alarming,” with one congressman likening the details to KGB activity in Russia.

“It is so alarming the American people have to see this,” Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan said.

“It's troubling. It is shocking,” North Carolina Rep. Mark Meadows said. “Part of me wishes that I didn't read it because I don’t want to believe that those kinds of things could be happening in this country that I call home and love so much.”

Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz said he believed people could lose their jobs after the memo is released.

“I believe the consequence of its release will be major changes in people currently working at the FBI and the Department of Justice,” he said, referencing DOJ officials Rod Rosenstein and Bruce Ohr.

“You think about, ‘is this happening in America or is this the KGB?’ That's how alarming it is,” Pennsylvania Rep. Scott Perry said.

This is going to be big.

What are the Dems trying to hide?

Expect lots of "distractions" in the coming days.

Googling “fisa memo”

Fox news

Fox News insider

Washington examiner

Zerohedge

Gateway Pundit

Sarah A Carter .com

Oh good they came up with a new fake scandal to try and distract from the Russian probe and legislative incompetency. I was starting to think that they were giving up or getting complacent.

When narcotics officers execute a search warrant on a drug dealer's home and find dope on the table, this is basically what the dealer and his friends are left with as a defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

A four-page memo circulating in Congress that reveals alleged United States government surveillance abuses is being described by lawmakers as “shocking,” “troubling” and “alarming,” with one congressman likening the details to KGB activity in Russia.

“It is so alarming the American people have to see this,” Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan said.

“It's troubling. It is shocking,” North Carolina Rep. Mark Meadows said. “Part of me wishes that I didn't read it because I don’t want to believe that those kinds of things could be happening in this country that I call home and love so much.”

Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz said he believed people could lose their jobs after the memo is released.

“I believe the consequence of its release will be major changes in people currently working at the FBI and the Department of Justice,” he said, referencing DOJ officials Rod Rosenstein and Bruce Ohr.

“You think about, ‘is this happening in America or is this the KGB?’ That's how alarming it is,” Pennsylvania Rep. Scott Perry said.

This is going to be big.

Once again, if somebody did something illegal, they should be held accountable in the court system.  

I find it interesting that they bring up their boss here.  4D chess?

Once again, if somebody did something illegal, they should be held accountable in the court system.  
Absolutely. And mark me down as someone who firmly wants the memo released. But the memo is worthless without also releasing the factual basis for any surveillance of Trump, his campaign, or their Russian associates. Also any testimony--at least so far as the person involved has not been granted immunity by a Congressional committee in exchange for testimony--that references the FISA surveillance, what was found using that surveillance, or the factual basis for obtaining that surveillance. 

This is going to be big.

Republicans control all of government it is for them to say to release it.  

Ok - so a listened to the first bit of the Hannity video, and he says this: "Classified documents...show wide-spread and extensive FISA abuses..."

So, riddle me this Batman.  How does Hannity know what these classified documents show?  Are we going after the leakers here?  Seems like a pretty big leak - and people should go to jail for leaking classified information - amirite?  :hifive:

Come on Trumpers, lets go after Hannity and the leakers - "Lock them up!" 

Ok - so a listened to the first bit of the Hannity video, and he says this: "Classified documents...show wide-spread and extensive FISA abuses..."

So, riddle me this Batman.  How does Hannity know what these classified documents show?  Are we going after the leakers here?  Seems like a pretty big leak - and people should go to jail for leaking classified information - amirite?  :hifive:

Maybe Hannity had his wires tapped too

This is going to be big.

OK, so now we really do have hearsay, both in the legal and "colloquial" sense--Republican Congressmen saying things based on a memo where somebody else says this is what happened and asserting that what's contained in the memo is the truth of the matter.   Can we get everyone to agree that we can't accept this without corroboration?  Where is the video?

OK, so now we really do have hearsay, both in the legal and "colloquial" sense--Republican Congressmen saying things based on a memo where somebody else says this is what happened and asserting that what's contained in the memo is the truth of the matter.   Can we get everyone to agree that we can't accept this without corroboration?  Where is the video?
right next to the "####hole" audio

I think maybe the craziest part of this whole Hannity rant - is that his argument comes down to Hillary (no shock there), and her supporters, using Intelligence Apparatus to defeat Trump.  Its not that I don't think that is impossible to believe - on its own.  But, when you consider that the information from the Dossier did not become public until after the election - seems to be a rather dubious claim that this was all to win an election that was already over...

Don't be using fancy book learning words like "colloquial."  

>>>Speaking with Fox News, the lawmakers said they could not yet discuss the contents of the memo they reviewed on Thursday after it was released to members by the House Intelligence Committee.<<<

- Why is it that this memo has been circulated but the only Republicans to comment on it are the three who wrote the memo in the first place, Jordan, Meadows & Gaetz?

Last edited by a moderator:
From @FreedomWatchUSA #MAGA To All American's @AdamSchiffCA & Comey His Lover In Crime Hid #MontgomeryLeaks aka #TheHammer From Congress For 2yrs So This Is Not Only Purgey But "High Capital Treason" Now Sedition We're #TheGreatAwakening & There's Hell To Paid @SenateDems

https://t.co/AuzU1LLW4m

I'll be honest here.  I'm a centrish Democrat.  And if the gov't is abusing it's power to spy on citizens, that needs to be addressed.  I don't care if it's Bush, Obama, or Trump.  That's bull ####.  It goes well beyond political leaning for me.  

From @FreedomWatchUSA #MAGA To All American's @AdamSchiffCA & Comey His Lover In Crime Hid #MontgomeryLeaks aka #TheHammer From Congress For 2yrs So This Is Not Only Purgey But "High Capital Treason" Now Sedition We're #TheGreatAwakening & There's Hell To Paid @SenateDems

I have no clue what all of that means.  It's like people can't even communicate and idea anymore without #! (#$+@$_(QU#%PQ(@!#MAGA!!@(##%*)BENGHAZI@!$%)(#%)(&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, this is the dumbest "-Gate" of all time. Trump has the ability to order the declassification of EVERY SINGLE FISA WARRANT if he wants to. If any of the warrants are based on anything nefarious or shaky, we'd know in 5 minutes based on that. 

I'm all for releasing the memo.  They should also release the FISA application for the Trump Tower surveillance.  But something tells me that the Deep State conspiracy theorists don't want to do that.  
I'll go one better.  If Congress believes that an official has abused his or her authority based on evidence it already has in hand, I support them removing him or her from office by impeachment.

Note this is actually tweeted by a: "Mrs.Sarah Gibson @SarahGi00782242"... whom I'm guessing doesn't really exist.

Gaetz was on Fox this morning talking about how 'releasethememo' hashtag had been retweeted a gazillion-million times as a justification for showing the American people's support for this. It's just funny how an investigation partly touching on bot generated themes on social media in the 2016 campaign is being negated by a Congressman on the Trump transition team (Nunes) who is using bot generated themes on social media to do just that.

I'll be honest here.  I'm a centrish Democrat.  And if the gov't is abusing it's power to spy on citizens, that needs to be addressed.  I don't care if it's Bush, Obama, or Trump.  That's bull ####.  It goes well beyond political leaning for me.  
:goodposting:

That's EXACTLY what politics are....Party over People.

Agreed. Lets release it so we can all judge what it says.
Exactly.  Everyone in that ####hole work for US.  We are the boss and if we have employees abusing their power at the expense of the company (USA), they need to go.

Exactly.  Everyone in that ####hole work for US.  We are the boss and if we have employees abusing their power at the expense of the company (USA), they need to go.
So let me see if I have this right: the committee that was investigating leaks of classified information in January 2017 wants to release classified information in January 2018. Is that about it?

So let me see if I have this right: the committee that was investigating leaks of classified information in January 2017 wants to release classified information in January 2018. Is that about it?
:hifive:

Was this "classified" information "classified" for the good of the country or for the good of the party that marked it "classified?

Users who are viewing this thread