What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Super Bowl LII Thread*** - Eagles vs Patriots (1 Viewer)

This is going to be awful. The 2 most insufferable fan bases in football, and we're never going to hear the end of it from the winner. Think I'll plan a bender in a couple weekends just to miss out on all of it.
You did this to yourself. You deserve this.

After having grown up in the Philly area as a Giants fan, all I can say is I hope Eagles fans never know what it's like to win a Super Bowl, lol.

Let's go Pats!  I hope Brady and co. finally get a blow-out Super Bowl victory in this one.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I'm a Chiefs fan. They completely collapsed against a mediocre in the first game of the postseason, complete with the opposing QB throwing a TD pass to himself.

My second team? The Rams. Trounced later that same night.

Okay, well, the Jags are kinda fun and young, maybe they can keep the Pats out of the SB! They choke.

Hmm. Well, I guess it'd be pretty cool for the Vikings to get a home Super Bowl at least! They lose by 31.

Absolutely nothing good has come out of this postseason. Pats are gonna win by 90 or some ####.

I'm a Chiefs fan. They completely collapsed against a mediocre in the first game of the postseason, complete with the opposing QB throwing a TD pass to himself.

Okay, well, the Jags are kinda fun and young, maybe they can keep the Pats out of the SB! They choke.

Hmm. Well, I guess it'd be pretty cool for the Vikings to get a home Super Bowl at least! They lose by 31.

Absolutely nothing good has come out of this postseason. Pats are gonna win by 90 or some ####.
lot of Philly hate in here. Whatevs  :headbang:

Reposting what I wrote in the Eagles' thread:

I can see us beating NE the way NYG did both times: Getting pressure on Brady and hitting him frequently while rushing 4, running the ball well, and making a big play or two in the passing game when it's most needed. 

If nothing else, i admire your consistency.

for sucking.

Root for the Pats in the Super Bowl please.

Both teams fully healthy, I think there's a significant gap in talent & intangibles in the Pats' favor. This game could get ugly.

I generally root NFC & it's no different in this Super Bowl. That said, at this point, I'm just hoping for an enjoyable game. 

I'm afraid this could be a blowout if Philly has trouble on offense. They're likely going to have to catch some breaks to keep it close.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Both teams fully healthy, I think there's a significant gap in talent & intangibles in the Pats' favor. This game could get ugly.

I generally root NFC & it's no different in this Super Bowl. That said, at this point, I'm just hoping for an enjoyable game. 

I'm afraid this could be a blowout if Philly has trouble on offense. They're likely going to have to catch some breaks to keep it close.
I know it's going to be close because it's going to at least double-overtime with both teams scoring 24 points apiece.

Going back 2 seasons, the only team to blowout the Eagles was Cincy 32-14. And New England isn't know for blowing anyone out in Super Bowls. All of their games have been close. 

This is a well coached, cohesive team with a lot of different weapons, stifling defense, and decent special teams.   

Under estimate them at your own risk.

Wow.  Still not getting respect?  Fine.  We will take it
Yeah lads. Keep up the shizza talk. We love it. I'm pretty sure most of these anti-Eagles posters haven't watched many Eagles games. And if you actually watched last night, you gotta give this team some credit. Although clearly Vegas isn't.

NE has a remarkable history of winning razor thin margins and they are specifically built for that. Assuming you believe they don't cough cough actually cheat, they do two things: take away opponents best offensive strength and two--basically wait for the opposing HC to trip over their own **** and make a stupid call. The Eagles are a team that won't allow either of these things to happen. 

It will be interesting to see how the characters of these teams battle it out. The Patriots, a robotic, joyless, fear driven, evil empire versus a team bonded by faith, ultimate brotherhood and joyous desire!

Eagles 31 Pats 17

Yeah lads. Keep up the shizza talk. We love it. I'm pretty sure most of these anti-Eagles posters haven't watched many Eagles games. And if you actually watched last night, you gotta give this team some credit. Although clearly Vegas isn't.

NE has a remarkable history of winning razor thin margins and they are specifically built for that. Assuming you believe they don't cough cough actually cheat, they do two things: take away opponents best offensive strength and two--basically wait for the opposing HC to trip over their own **** and make a stupid call. The Eagles are a team that won't allow either of these things to happen. 

It will be interesting to see how the characters of these teams battle it out. The Patriots, a robotic, joyless, fear driven, evil empire versus a team bonded by faith, ultimate brotherhood and joyous desire!

Eagles 31 Pats 17
Doug's playcalling is out of this world.  

Users who are viewing this thread