What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Stephen Miller thread. Now a proven white nationalist who is Donald Trump’s chief advisor. (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
It’s astonishing that this man, who may be the most powerful man at this point in Washington, doesn’t already have his own thread. 

Please, no Steve Miller Band jokes. Don’t insult a great rock and roll artist by comparing him to this guy. 

Also, my wife and her sister have apologized to me on behalf of their Alma Mater, Santa Monica High School. They extend this apology to the rest of you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The more we talk about him, the more legitimate he becomes. He may be “powerful” but people will see him for who he is in due time. We need to address when something is wrong. He is on the wrong side of history and the future. 

On a serious personal note, Miller's Jewishness bothers me. It's not the first time that a Jew has preached white nationalism in this country, but it's pretty rare, for obvious reasons. We normally don't like it when groups of people are treated as the "others", blamed for the nation's problems and relegated to a lesser fate. We also aren't typically fond of attempting to restructure a country's ethnic and cultural makeup based on racial factors.

Watching video of him...including his college days, he’s like a guy who developed a ‘confrontational’ shtick in high school for attention and never let it go. It’s amazing, he’s a caricature and has the president’s trolling ear. 

I don't know about you guys but I'm stunned Trump bringing racists into the administration is causing problems. No way anyone could've seen that one coming.

Watching video of him...including his college days, he’s like a guy who developed a ‘confrontational’ shtick in high school for attention and never let it go. It’s amazing, he’s a caricature and has the president’s trolling ear. 
This is putting it lightly.  He's more than just a caricature.  Yes, kinda like a Joseph Goebbels...

He looks like a freshly dug up corpse given excessive botox injections. When he talks it looks like a next level weekend at Bernie's joke gone horribly wrong. Everything about this man creeps me out. The way he looks, the way he talks, what he believes in, and just the thought of him. 

He's one of those rare people that physically make me angry just by his face. Like he could keep his mouth shut and he'd still p### me off. He just looks annoying. Really bad combination of smug, stupid, and high as a kite.

timschochet said:
It’s astonishing that this man, who may be the most powerful man at this point in Washington, doesn’t already have his own thread. 

Please, no Steve Miller Band jokes. Don’t insult a great rock and roll artist by comparing him to this guy. 

Also, my wife and her sister have apologized to me on behalf of their Alma Mater, Santa Monica High School. They extend this apology to the rest of you. 
I have heard some people call him a space cowboy?

Pé Resists‏ @4everNeverTrump 3h3 hours ago

Stephen Miller—a 32 year old who was roommates and still friends with Richard Spencer, admitted Nazi—is running White House policy. Let that sink in.

Pé Resists‏ @4everNeverTrump 3h3 hours ago

Stephen Miller—a 32 year old who was roommates and still friends with Richard Spencer, admitted Nazi—is running White House policy. Let that sink in.
I realize its good to keep bringing these things up because we don't want to normalize this but ... yea. The President is a racist. This isn't exactly shocking news.

Maybe once Trump gets wind folks are giving Miller credit for ####### up the country vs him, he'll go as did Bannon.

Has SNL cariactured this freak yet?  Cant believe if they haven't.

I realize its good to keep bringing these things up because we don't want to normalize this but ... yea. The President is a racist. This isn't exactly shocking news.
His supporters here still deny it, see Hell Toupee, Stealthy Cat, jon_mx, not to mention all the previously dormant accounts from 2006 that suddenly have become active again (they all claim not to be aliases, just people lurking over a decade who suddenly felt compelled to come forward to defend the President).

Hilts said:
He looks like a freshly dug up corpse given excessive botox injections. When he talks it looks like a next level weekend at Bernie's joke gone horribly wrong. Everything about this man creeps me out. The way he looks, the way he talks, what he believes in, and just the thought of him. 
His looks match his disgusting, creepy personality perfectly.  

timschochet said:

Oh, come on. 

Oh, come on. 
Actually, I did learn only recently that my favorite song by them, "Jet Arliner", was written by a black rocker from the early 70s named Paul Pena, and that his version is even better than the cover. He has some other really good songs as well.

Actually though, I have to give Stephen Miller credit. At age 32 he's running the White House. He's obviously brilliant; how else did he get into this situation? HE'S PROBABLY SMARTER THAN THE PRESIDENT!! CERTAINLY HE'S MORE INTERESTING THAN THE PRESIDENT!

Senators from both parties say when they want something done, they've stopped calling President Trump. THEY CALL STEPHEN MILLER INSTEAD! THEY PREFER TO TALK TO MILLER BECAUSE HE GETS THE ISSUES, AND THEY KNOW THAT HE'S THE ONE IN CHARGE!!!!!

Hopefully you know who is reading this...

Actually though, I have to give Stephen Miller credit. At age 32 he's running the White House. He's obviously brilliant; how else did he get into this situation? HE'S PROBABLY SMARTER THAN THE PRESIDENT!! CERTAINLY HE'S MORE INTERESTING THAN THE PRESIDENT!

Senators from both parties say when they want something done, they've stopped calling President Trump. THEY CALL STEPHEN MILLER INSTEAD! THEY PREFER TO TALK TO MILLER BECAUSE HE GETS THE ISSUES, AND THEY KNOW THAT HE'S THE ONE IN CHARGE!!!!!

Hopefully you know who is reading this...
@Joe Bryant?

Hugh Jass said:
This Times profile that gets into his younger days is amazing. A sampling:

He jumped, uninvited, into the final stretch of a girls’ track meet, apparently intent on proving his athletic supremacy over the opposite sex. (The White House, reaching for exculpatory context, noted that this was a girls’ team from another school, not his own.)

Several students said Mr. Miller’s trail of racially tinged comments amounted to a pattern. He railed against bilingual announcements, asking in a local editorial why there were “usually very few, if any, Hispanic students in my honors classes, despite the large number of Hispanic students that attend our school.”

And perhaps the most damning of all:

“I wish he’d run for president,” Mr. Miller added of Mr. Trump.

That I think I've heard/read. - But were they roommates?
No. The Vanity Fair piece on Miller describes it pretty well. They were friends. Spencer was a grad student, while Miller was an undergrad, and Spencer saw himself as a mentor. Miller denies ever knowing Spencer, which Spencer says is crazy. And that man knows crazy.

Trump’s Right-Hand Troll

Stephen Miller once tormented liberals at Duke. Now the president’s speechwriter and immigration enforcer is deploying the art of provocation from the White House.

It’s late on a Friday afternoon in March, and I’m sitting across from Stephen Miller in his spacious, sunlit West Wing office, trying to figure out whether he’s trolling me.

This is no easy task. A provocateur as skilled as Miller doesn’t just announce when he’s saying something outlandish to get a rise out of you—he tries to make you think he means it. So you have to look for the subtle tells. The fleeting half-smirk when he refers to himself as a “conservative social-justice warrior” early in the conversation. The too-emphatic tone he takes later when he says the best movie he’s seen in the past 15 years is The Dark Knight Rises, and then chides you for not properly appreciating its commentary on the French Revolution.

“It takes on the issue of anarchy and social breakdown in a really interesting way,” he says of the Batman movie. “There’s a lot going on in the film that you, of all people, I’d have thought would be all over.” ...

His supporters here still deny it, see Hell Toupee, Stealthy Cat, jon_mx, not to mention all the previously dormant accounts from 2006 that suddenly have become active again (they all claim not to be aliases, just people lurking over a decade who suddenly felt compelled to come forward to defend the President).
Deputy Dawg is on the case!!

No...I’m using the word correctly. You replied to a months old post to get a reaction.

But hey...have fun.
So then maybe you can explain how this statement in a thread about Steven Miller is not "trolling".

...not to mention all the previously dormant accounts from 2006 that suddenly have become active again (they all claim not to be aliases, just people lurking over a decade who suddenly felt compelled to come forward to defend the President).
...but mine is.

Again...

It's either that....or you are simply being selective on exactly who gets the "troll" tag.

When high-profile Republicans are asked to describe their early intellectual influences, they tend to name-check a lot of the same Serious Thinkers: Edmund Burke. Milton Friedman. Friedrich Hayek. Maybe Ayn Rand. Miller’s list is different. When I asked him which books had shaped his politics, he rattled off a procession of titles by screed artists and talk-radio personalities, including David Horowitz—the author of such works as Hating Whitey and Other Progressive Causes—and Larry Elder, who wrote The Ten Things You Can’t Say in America. What these books lacked in substance, they made up for in visceral appeal. “When I read Rush Limbaugh’s The Way Things Ought to Be, it was like a page-turning thriller to me,” Miller recalled, fondly. “Every page was like some new revelation.”

At times, his shtick was greeted with amusement. In a video clip unearthed by Vice News, a young Miller—wearing a white tennis sweater and oozing bravado—can be seen eliciting laughter from other teenage boys in the back of a school bus as he cracks jokes about his receding hairline, performs a silly pop ballad, and holds forth on the merits of cutting Saddam Hussein’s fingers off. “Torture is a celebration of life and human dignity,” he proclaims, his lips curling into a grin. “We need to remember that as we enter these very dark and dangerous times of the next century.”
More often, though, Miller’s stunts elicited hostility—just as he intended. In perhaps his most memorable act of teenage trolling, he ran for student government on a platform that included increasing the janitorial staff’s workload. Speaking to an amphitheater full of privilege-checking peers, he asked, “Am I the only one who is sick and tired of being told to pick up my trash when we have plenty of janitors who are paid to do it for us?” The crowd erupted in boos and Miller, looking pleased with himself, was forcibly removed from the stage.
That night was the culmination of a well-organized campaign of campus disruption. It had begun when Miller formed a chapter of Students for Academic Freedom—a national conservative pressure group Horowitz had launched to expose the leftist “indoctrination” taking place at America’s universities. As the head of the Duke chapter, Miller was sent a 70-page handbook that provided detailed instructions for orchestrating a campus controversy. It included guidance on how to investigate faculty members’ partisan biases (special attention should be paid to professors of women’s studies and African American studies, the handbook noted); tips for identifying “classroom abuses” (“Did your professor make a politically-biased comment in class about the war in Iraq?”); and advice for drumming up publicity (“Appearing as a guest on your local talk radio station is probably easier than you think”). The handbook also urged students to invite controversial speakers to their schools, adding that if the administration declined to fund such visits, students should “issue a press release … questioning why they have refused your request to increase the scope of intellectual diversity on campus.”
This last piece...:

The job of the organizer is to maneuver and bait the establishment so that it will publicly attack him as a 'dangerous enemy.' The hysterical instant reaction of the establishment [will] not only validate credentials of competency but also ensure automatic popular invitation.
...is by Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals, and it really seems to fit what Miller does best.

So then maybe you can explain how this statement in a thread about Steven Miller is not "trolling".

...but mine is.

Again...

It's either that....or you are simply being selective on exactly who gets the "troll" tag.
Because I did t go back to January looking for a post? As you did?

Users who are viewing this thread