What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Stephen Miller thread. Now a proven white nationalist who is Donald Trump’s chief advisor. (1 Viewer)

Apparently Miller is now Trump’s closest advisor, running policy and having people fired left and right. Miller wants to cage children, close the border, and violate existing laws in order to treat migrants more harshly. 

On a serious personal note, Miller's Jewishness bothers me. It's not the first time that a Jew has preached white nationalism in this country, but it's pretty rare, for obvious reasons. We normally don't like it when groups of people are treated as the "others", blamed for the nation's problems and relegated to a lesser fate. We also aren't typically fond of attempting to restructure a country's ethnic and cultural makeup based on racial factors.
Careful there, Tim. According to conservatives, calling him a "white nationalist" is anti-Semitic because something-something and because the one saying it is a black Muslim.

Apparently Miller is now Trump’s closest advisor, running policy and having people fired left and right. Miller wants to cage children, close the border, and violate existing laws in order to treat migrants more harshly. 
He’s pretty much the lone survivor along with Conway. And he’s scuttled what would have been Trump’s singular victory, the money offered for the wall, plus created the budget crisis. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard that one of the strongest pieces of advice Sean Hannity has given Trump is to never ever, ever, ever let Miller on TV.
A House committee needs to subpoena him.
That dumb #### was embarrassingly bad on the Sunday morning shows a couple months back.  He was seething in the tease before the commercial breaks and during his introduction.  There's no way he doesn't go "Red Ross" in front of a committee.  Kavanaugh ain't got nothin' on this dope.  Seems to have the emotional stability of a chimp.

Next man up mentality in NFL .....Next villain up 

vil·lain

/ˈvilən/

Learn to pronounce

noun

(in a film, novel, or play) a character whose evil actions or motives are important to the plot.

You are not giving nearly enough credit to Stephen Miller. He's been a villain a lot longer than just this week. 

Andrew Anglin of the neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer called Miller "the last person in the White House that has any sense," referring specifically to Miller's anti-immigrant agenda.

That's been apparent to those who have worked with him, as well. A White House adviser, referring to images of families being split apart at the border, told Vanity Fair that "Stephen actually enjoys seeing those pictures at the border. He’s a twisted guy, the way he was raised and picked on. There’s always been a way he’s gone about this. He’s Waffen-SS."

Miller a solid right-wing champion!!!!

Andrew Anglin of the neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer called Miller "the last person in the White House that has any sense," referring specifically to Miller's anti-immigrant agenda.

That's been apparent to those who have worked with him, as well. A White House adviser, referring to images of families being split apart at the border, told Vanity Fair that "Stephen actually enjoys seeing those pictures at the border. He’s a twisted guy, the way he was raised and picked on. There’s always been a way he’s gone about this. He’s Waffen-SS."

Miller a solid right-wing champion!!!!
Well...except for the Jewish part. 

I’m a little amazed Daily Stormer would praise him. Perhaps they’re unaware? 

Oddly, this doesn't make me feel any better.

@costareports

There is a view among some longtime Trump allies that Miller is influential, but the most influential person in the president’s ear is Lou Dobbs, through the TV each night. Trump listens closely to Dobbs, they say, then turns to Miller for related policy responses.

That dumb #### was embarrassingly bad on the Sunday morning shows a couple months back.  He was seething in the tease before the commercial breaks and during his introduction.  There's no way he doesn't go "Red Ross" in front of a committee.  Kavanaugh ain't got nothin' on this dope.  Seems to have the emotional stability of a chimp.
Well, no wonder he fits into Trump's private circle then. These are the people who are 'leading us'. Truth is stranger than fiction, indeed.

Emails show White House advisor Stephen Miller promoting white nationalism to Breitbart

Stephen Miller, a senior White House policy adviser, pushed white-nationalist material to staffers at Breibart, a right-wing conservative website, through 2015 and leading up to the 2016 election, according to a report published by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The report released by the SPLC is the first installment in a series. More than 900 emails between Miller and Breitbart were examined by SPLC’s Hatewatch and revealed “more than 80 percent” of the emails “relate to or appear on threads relating to the subjects of race or immigration.”

This is annoying people by being discussed in another thread.  Certainly seems relevant here.

And those people who are annoyed are right about the SPLC. Just looking at the nebulous sort of weaselly language of "relate to or appear on threads relating to the subjects of race or immigration." I'm struck by how broad it is. 

And those people who are annoyed are right about the SPLC. Just looking at the nebulous sort of weaselly language of "relate to or appear on threads relating to the subjects of race or immigration." I'm struck by how broad it is. 
Are you? I don’t feel it’s that broad. 
Either the email itself is about race or immigration or is written in an email chain that is about race or immigration. What am I missing?

Are you? I don’t feel it’s that broad. 
Either the email itself is about race or immigration or is written in an email chain that is about race or immigration. What am I missing?
To impute that there is some sort of racism inherent in a discussion about race or immigration is suspect, I think. I don't know. Perhaps it would behoove me to check out the report, what the claims are, etc., but at first blush the language and what the secondary source seems to imply that the report says is indeed quite broad and subject to tenuous conclusions.

But I'm also more inclined than most on this board to find nothingburgers vs. outrage regarding a Trump or Trump cabinet decision that it needs to be taken with a grain of salt all around. 

To impute that there is some sort of racism inherent in a discussion about race or immigration is suspect, I think. I don't know. Perhaps it would behoove me to check out the report, what the claims are, etc., but at first blush the language and what the secondary source seems to imply that the report says is indeed quite broad and subject to tenuous conclusions.

But I'm also more inclined than most on this board to find nothingburgers vs. outrage regarding a Trump or Trump cabinet decision that it needs to be taken with a grain of salt all around. 
Oh, yeah, totally I can see that being weirder if you haven’t seen any of the references. He’s referencing racist books and eugenicists. And not for other purposes.  Like he specifically talks about Coolidge’s heritage ideas.  Ick. 

Oh, yeah, totally I can see that being weirder if you haven’t seen any of the references. He’s referencing racist books and eugenicists. And not for other purposes.  Like he specifically talks about Coolidge’s heritage ideas.  Ick. 
Ah, racist books and eugenics sounds straight Progressive Era stuff. Conservatives should know better, but what am i saying? The administration isn't conservative in the least. It just governs by will and by really non-constitutional standards. As for your latter comment, I'm honestly not that familiar with Coolidge's ideas, and a quick Google search points me to a direction whereby he was considered something of a pioneer for civil rights.

I dunno, just reporting back. That could also be very wrong. What were his heritage ideas? 

eta* Here's a brief write-up https://www.cato.org/blog/remembering-calvin-coolidges-record-civil-rights

I think you're thinking of Woodrow Wilson, maybe?

Really odd to find a Jewish white nationalist. There are historical reasons why white nationalism is not a popular point of view among Jews. Miller is living proof that there are exceptions to every rule...

Really odd to find a Jewish white nationalist. There are historical reasons why white nationalism is not a popular point of view among Jews. Miller is living proof that there are exceptions to every rule...
I am continually shocked by the positions held by some of my BIL's extended family.  They are Cuban.  Great Grandparents fled years ago.  To a person, none of the grandparents, parents or kids think our borders are strong enough or that we should be able to go to/from Cuba freely.  90% of their family is still there and can't get out and they don't seem to care.  It's the most bizarre thing I have ever observed.

I am continually shocked by the positions held by some of my BIL's extended family.  They are Cuban.  Great Grandparents fled years ago.  To a person, none of the grandparents, parents or kids think our borders are strong enough or that we should be able to go to/from Cuba freely.  90% of their family is still there and can't get out and they don't seem to care.  It's the most bizarre thing I have ever observed.
I think that's a pretty super-common position among Cuban-Americans.  They really hate the Cuban government.

(Everybody should have the Cuban government, of course.  The issue is whether an embargo is a good idea or not).

Ah, racist books and eugenics sounds straight Progressive Era stuff. Conservatives should know better, but what am i saying? The administration isn't conservative in the least. It just governs by will and by really non-constitutional standards. As for your latter comment, I'm honestly not that familiar with Coolidge's ideas, and a quick Google search points me to a direction whereby he was considered something of a pioneer for civil rights.

I dunno, just reporting back. That could also be very wrong. What were his heritage ideas? 

eta* Here's a brief write-up https://www.cato.org/blog/remembering-calvin-coolidges-record-civil-rights

I am not thinking of Wilson. I am thinking of Coolidge including the legacy taken from his America for Americans speech - Madison Grant’s use of that speech and its reasoning for his justification for how we should restrict immigration to primarily Nordic descendants since they become better by generation and other races become worse. Coolidge’s first speech to Congress dealt with how we needed an immigration quota system that limited immigration from certain countries. 

Which is, incidentally, pretty similar to the expression the President gave about how we want more people from Norway, eh?

Sticking to the topic of the thread, why is it news that Stephen Miller is a white nationalist?  I thought that was well known already.

If you’d like to see the sort of emails being discussed, lots of links out there. 
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/12/emails-show-white-house-advisor-stephen-miller-tauting-white-nationalism/2582150001/

He was sending articles about “white genocide” for goodness sake. 

I think that's a pretty super-common position among Cuban-Americans.  They really hate the Cuban government.

(Everybody should have the Cuban government, of course.  The issue is whether an embargo is a good idea or not).
It's bigger/deeper than that with these people.  They look down on their own family and do virtually nothing to help any of them flee the country and if they do help them flee it's to Mexico.  If they try then to come to the country illegally (like the rest of their family did) they are basically disowned.  I've seen this specifically in that part of the family and they assure me they aren't alone in their thought process though I don't know how prevalent the position is on the whole.  

I am not thinking of Wilson. I am thinking of Coolidge including the legacy taken from his America for Americans speech - Grant’s use of that speech and its reasoning for his justification for how we should restrict immigration to primarily Nordic descendants since they become better by generation and other races become worse. Coolidge’s first speech to Congress dealt with how we needed an immigration quota system that limited immigration from certain countries. 

Which is, incidentally, pretty similar to the expression the President gave about how we want more people from Norway, eh?
I'm trying to pick up what you are laying down here as a history-liker....we talking former president US Grant?  He signed the Naturalization Act of 1870 which let Africans immigrate to the US...used to be just European decent.

I'm trying to pick up what you are laying down here as a history-liker....we talking former president US Grant?  He signed the Naturalization Act of 1870 which let Africans immigrate to the US...used to be just European decent.
Sorry. Madison Grant. Massively racist dude. Wrote “The Passing of the Great Race.”

Edit: I deleted a partial paragraph I’d written which had his full name in it before I posted. Oops. 

My point isn’t “Coolidge was into eugenics and a racist” it’s that “Coolidge’s speech is one of the alleged justifications of one of the seminal works of racist eugenics writing ever published.”  People talk about Coolidge when they want to talk about Grant because if you say “Madison Grant” people know you’re actually saying “white supremacy.”

It's bigger/deeper than that with these people.  They look down on their own family and do virtually nothing to help any of them flee the country and if they do help them flee it's to Mexico.  If they try then to come to the country illegally (like the rest of their family did) they are basically disowned.  I've seen this specifically in that part of the family and they assure me they aren't alone in their thought process though I don't know how prevalent the position is on the whole.  
I live very close to Little Saigon in Westminster and many of the older Vietnamese have the exact same attitude towards Vietnam. 

Emails show White House advisor Stephen Miller promoting white nationalism to Breitbart

Stephen Miller, a senior White House policy adviser, pushed white-nationalist material to staffers at Breibart, a right-wing conservative website, through 2015 and leading up to the 2016 election, according to a report published by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The report released by the SPLC is the first installment in a series. More than 900 emails between Miller and Breitbart were examined by SPLC’s Hatewatch and revealed “more than 80 percent” of the emails “relate to or appear on threads relating to the subjects of race or immigration.”
Always strange to me how a guy with Miller’s background got into this mindset.

Sticking to the topic of the thread, why is it news that Stephen Miller is a white nationalist?  I thought that was well known already.
White supremacists often rely on the plausible deniability of dog whistles, winks and toeing the line between what is allowed but frowned upon and what is baldly racist and generally considered unspeakable. (The thread “What the hell is going on in Sweden?" which is on the front page of this forum at the moment being an example.) They don't like to be caught being explicitly racist like this because their tactics demand they be able to at least deny the foulest accusations.

If you call someone a Nazi and you don't have evidence that they literally support Hitler's ideas, they only need point to that. So when you catch them being exactly what you accuse them of being you need to completely and totally hammer it. It doesn't matter if you suspected Stephen Miller of being a Nazi, or if “everyone knew” he was a white supremacist. Now you have undeniable proof, in his own words. This is what he believes. This is where he got these beliefs. These are what his goals for the United States are. This is what he is doing. Right now.

I am not thinking of Wilson. I am thinking of Coolidge including the legacy taken from his America for Americans speech - Madison Grant’s use of that speech and its reasoning for his justification for how we should restrict immigration to primarily Nordic descendants since they become better by generation and other races become worse. Coolidge’s first speech to Congress dealt with how we needed an immigration quota system that limited immigration from certain countries. 

Oh, okay. I honestly don't know the history of presidential views on race and immigration. Thanks.

Oh, okay. I honestly don't know the history of presidential views on race and immigration. Thanks.
He's the guy who signed the immigration quota system into law.  He wasn't particularly racist for his time, and in fact openly advocated for anti-lynching laws and constitutional protections for African Americans, but his views on immigration and quotas for particularly "unamerican immigrants" were used as a jumping off point and justification for a whoooooole lotta racism that continues to this day.

Edit: if you hear someone talking about Coolidge's ideas on immigration these days, there's a pretty decent chance that person is a white supremacist.

once again bees rocketship and the sun that is what this guys gots comin to him take that to the bank brohans 

Users who are viewing this thread