Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Football Jones

***2018 Dallas Cowboys***

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Tyrion said:

A wet field isn't going to do Jarwin or Beasley any favors with their ankle injuries.   Anyone else think this is the day for Rico's first regular season TD?

While Rico is the best dynasty stash you could possibly have, he doesn't actually catch footballs let alone footballs for touchdowns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another year without a trip to the final 4. A whole generation hasn't seen this team win a meaningful game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, culdeus said:

Another year without a trip to the final 4. A whole generation hasn't seen this team win a meaningful game. 

True, but they surpassed expectations prior to the Cooper trade.

It was satisfying to get a playoff win, and hopefully they can build on what they accomplished this season and make it to the the NFC Championship game next season.

Positives: the defense played great this year despite their terrible showing against the running game today. The Cooper trade was a season-saving decision and Gallup looks like he's going to be a solid #2. Zeke is Zeke.

Needs work: Better OC game plan, Dak's accuracy, and I'd like to see a decent slot receiver and TE acquisition during the offseason. Replacing Beasley will be tough and Dak needs lifelines. Still don't care for Garrett, but after winning last week he isn't going anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tonydead said:

Clutch

:lmao:

Thank you for this.. epitomizes every single shortcoming.

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame the D couldn't put up a better effort, D line just got dominated.  Surprised they were even in it at the end of the game.  Young team, who knows what the future will bring with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

So this loss is on Dak?  Is that right?

 

When you appraise the Cowboy's offense, where do you see MAJOR room for improvement?  The Oline?  RB?  WR? I guess you could argue TE.....

Top 10 running game.  Top 10 defense.  Bottom 10 passing game.

Threw for 266 where the entire 2nd half was against prevent D.

I'm not popular in Cowboys and Titans threads when I observe the obvious, but there you are.  :shrug:

Unlike Tennessee, however - Even a competent thrower of a football makes this team legit Superbowl contenders.

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome...good enough year to lock up Garrett again but not good enough to sniff the Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Awesome...good enough year to lock up Garrett again but not good enough to sniff the Bowl.

This makes non cowboy fans happy.   The Cowboys are good but are not going to be great with Garrett and Dak.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PLEASE fire Scott Linehan today 

Yes, I know the team has many other issues, but I just can't take him anymore

Edited by Cowboysfan8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, matuski said:

 

When you appraise the Cowboy's offense, where do you see MAJOR room for improvement?  The Oline?  RB?  WR? I guess you could argue TE.....

Top 10 running game.  Top 10 defense.  Bottom 10 passing game.

Threw for 266 where the entire 2nd half was against prevent D.

I'm not popular in Cowboys and Titans threads when I observe the obvious, but there you are.  :shrug:

Unlike Tennessee, however - Even a competent thrower of a football makes this team legit Superbowl contenders.

You troll Cowboys and Titan threads each and every week. We all understand your stance, you think the quarterbacks stink. You’ll have to excuse those of us who have seen what a winning quarterback looks like when we don’t take you seriously.

How about you stop repeating yourself in every thread. Can you please stop doing that? I’m asking you nicely. It’s annoying as hell and at this point it’s just trolling. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as Dak, with our youth, cap room, & personnel department, there's no reason we can't spend an asset(s) on a QB.

Bottom line, Dak needs to play better. Could he keep developing? Sure. Regardless, you especially need better play when the team's upside is so high.

The Cowboys are going to be good for quite awhile. Just how good remains to be seen, but we have a legit chance to win the Super Bowl next season if we make the right moves.

Edited by Football Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

PLEASE fire Scott Linehan today 

Yes, I know the team has many other issues, but I just can't take him anymore

Agreed. That 4th down run right at our weakest part of the line is exactly what he gets wrong every week. He overthinks it and tries to get cute by breaking tendencies. “They”lol never expect us to go behind our weakest OLineman” :wall:

We need to keep Richard, drop Linahan and whatshisface, the former QB from Boise and get Dak a QB coach and play caller. 

Draft another OL/DL and some more defenders. 

Next season is gonna be fun! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

As far as Dak, with our youth, cap room, & personnel department, there's no reason we can't spend an asset(s) on QB.

Bottom line, Dak needs to play better. Could he keep developing? Sure. Regardless, you especially need better play when the team's upside is so high.

The Cowboys are going to be good for quite awhile. Just how good remains to be seen, but we have a legit chance to win the Super Bowl next season if we make the right moves.

We don’t need a QB and we’re not wasting any resources on one. We need to get rid of our moron play caller and simply remind the defense how they got manhandled for the first half of this game. 

Last nights game was on the defense. There were two really bad calls that went against us too. 

Still shocked that we let a fat FA RB gash us all night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SR388 said:

You troll Cowboys and Titan threads each and every week. We all understand your stance, you think the quarterbacks stink. You’ll have to excuse those of us who have seen what a winning quarterback looks like when we don’t take you seriously.

How about you stop repeating yourself in every thread. Can you please stop doing that? I’m asking you nicely. It’s annoying as hell and at this point it’s just trolling. 

 

 

TROLL! TROLL! The constant and lazy attempt to not address the conversation.

I enjoy the discussion.. feel free not to reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SR388 said:

We don’t need a QB and we’re not wasting any resources on one. We need to get rid of our moron play caller and simply remind the defense how they got manhandled for the first half of this game. 

Last nights game was on the defense. There were two really bad calls that went against us too. 

Still shocked that we let a fat FA RB gash us all night. 

You're that sold on Dak? I didn't say it had to be a top asset, but so far, Dak hasn't shown he can be a top QB. Period.

Sure, find a good OC, but if you think that'll magically turn Dak into a better passer, you're delusional. He needs to develop further.

Yes, the D didn't play up to their potential. It happens.

All things considered, I'm happy with this season. Other top teams better buckle up their chinstraps because we've got the makings to win it all & be around a LONG time given our youth. Will Dak be a part of that? I don't know.

Edited by Football Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SR388 said:

We don’t need a QB

Ah.  The "we" might be a clue to you taking Dak criticism personally.

It is not personal.  He just is the weak link on the team... a team that should be contending.

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SR388 said:

We don’t need a QB and we’re not wasting any resources on one. We need to get rid of our moron play caller and simply remind the defense how they got manhandled for the first half of this game. 

Last nights game was on the defense. There were two really bad calls that went against us too. 

Still shocked that we let a fat FA RB gash us all night. 

I don't mean to bash another Cowboys' fan. We all have opinions on what they should do, but I'm perplexed by people who are totally sold on Dak.

I've been middle ground all along, but I'm now leaning to using at least one decent asset on a QB. It doesn't mean the end of Dak. He could keep developing & we certainly could utilize him better (which is on the OC), but I don't want the QB position to hold us back.

That said, I realize Dak has the potential to lead us to a championship, but he's got to improve on the finer points of the passing game.

Edited by Football Jones
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I don't mean to bash another Cowboys fan. We all have opinions on what they should do, but I'm perplexed by people who are totally sold on Dak.

I've been middle ground all along, but I'm now leaning to using at least one decent asset on a QB. It doesn't mean the end of Dak. He could keep developing & we certainly could utilize him better (which is on the OC), but I don't want the QB position to hold us back.

That said, I realize Dak has the potential to lead us to a championship, but he's got to improve on the finer points of the passing game.

You mean like actually hitting a moving target in stride?

Cuz that would be kinda neat

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, matuski said:

TROLL! TROLL! The constant and lazy attempt to not address the conversation.

I enjoy the discussion.. feel free not to reply.

There is no discussion though. You’ve made your opinion crystal clear. You think Dak stinks and he’s not a legit QB, right? Yeah, we get it.

So we’re clear, he sucks, now what would you like to add to the conversation ? Unless it’s somthing new, PLEASE STOP TROLLING THE THREAD EVERY WEEK.

Ill simply keep asking you to kindly stop pissing in the pool. Eventually it’ll work itself out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

You mean like actually hitting a moving target in stride?

Cuz that would be kinda neat

Yeah he’s got to get better at that.  A lot of yards left on the field. 

So nobody wants to talk about how our defense got absolutly manhandled for 4 quarters? Demarcus Lawrence was stonewalled all night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Football Jones said:

I don't mean to bash another Cowboys' fan. We all have opinions on what they should do, but I'm perplexed by people who are totally sold on Dak.

I've been middle ground all along, but I'm now leaning to using at least one decent asset on a QB. It doesn't mean the end of Dak. He could keep developing & we certainly could utilize him better (which is on the OC), but I don't want the QB position to hold us back.

That said, I realize Dak has the potential to lead us to a championship, but he's got to improve on the finer points of the passing game.

I don’t see you bashing me or anyone else. We’re good. :hifive:

 

Im sold on Dak because he’s a winner and all his teammates love and believe in him. I firmly believe if he got the ball back last night he would have scored and tied the game up. He’s amazing when the cuffs are off and he can run the two minute stuff. It’s only when we’re in the conservative standard gameplay that we struggle. 

Other than the defense playing like crap last night Im happy with how everything worked out and I’m looking forward to next season. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SR388 said:

Yeah he’s got to get better at that.  A lot of yards left on the field. 

So nobody wants to talk about how our defense got absolutely manhandled for 4 quarters? Demarcus Lawrence was stonewalled all night. 

D Line got completely beaten down.  No pressure.  The Rams O line constantly got to the LBs.  If not for holding them to a FG on some drives, the score would have been lopsided.  

I thought the O did what they needed to do, no turnovers and score in the 20s.  Run game could have been better, but it wasn't their day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SR388 said:

Im sold on Dak because he’s a winner and all his teammates love and believe in him. I firmly believe if he got the ball back last night he would have scored and tied the game up. He’s amazing when the cuffs are off and he can run the two minute stuff. It’s only when we’re in the conservative standard gameplay that we struggle. 

Feeling the same.  If Dallas had the ball with just a 1 score difference, I have faith Dak can get it done.  I wont say that Im completely sold on him, but while not a top 10 QB, he is a bit better than avg.  They just fell to far behind, and for whatever reason, Dak can't turn it on until late, this time it was too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Word is Rams o line knew what dal d line was going to do every play based on tells

Not hard to believe.  That level of domination is rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IHEARTFF said:

Word is Rams o line knew what dal d line was going to do every play based on tells

Could be using same tells from Wade era, tbh.  Garrett seems so lazy and unwilling to change that I would buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this thing lacks a lot to go to the next level.  And the next level is even sniffing the final four teams.   

Garrett showed last night how useless he is in the moment.  Was actually considering kicking a XP to go down 9 at one point. 

Playcalling and adjustments seem predictable and stale.  

This team has young talent, talent that under the right leadership has the potential to actually have a shot, it just will come too late.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SR388 said:

There is no discussion though. You’ve made your opinion crystal clear. You think Dak stinks and he’s not a legit QB, right? Yeah, we get it.

So we’re clear, he sucks, now what would you like to add to the conversation ? Unless it’s somthing new, PLEASE STOP TROLLING THE THREAD EVERY WEEK.

Ill simply keep asking you to kindly stop pissing in the pool. Eventually it’ll work itself out. 

 

I think he probably could have a role on an NFL team.. just not throwing the ball.

Happy to debate the merits of Dak Prescott's ability to throw a football in the NFL, let me know if you feel like contributing to that discussion.

Or you can continue to set a great example of pissing in the shark pool with the TROLL TROLL posts.   :shrug:

Edited by matuski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dak is a ham & egger. Once they dump big $ on him and on Zeke, it's over for this team. They have peaked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My feeling is anything less than a serious playoff run next year will be a disappointment.

Vast talent & youth will make the Cowboys very difficult to deal with in the coming years & unlike a lot of teams, cap space will allow us to improve even further.

One of the best talent evaluators (probably THE best) in the business is a key advantage, as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we all as fans find it hard to balance fandom and realistic expectations - here is what I mean:

I was under no illusion we were winning the SB this year, but it didn't stop me from leaving a party and essentially watching the game (all while cheering/chirping the TV) by myself-  because I couldn't miss it.  I really think the team over achieved a bit this year and all in all - it was a good year.  We certainly have some great young players and made strides - especially on the defensive side of the ball.  It's a lot to feel good about and be excited for.

That is...until you review the weakness of this team.  Coaching/QB play.  Look - I think Dak played decent (He was NOT the sole reason we lost).  To be honest, I felt he played to his potential, he tried hard, fought and played OK.  That is the problem.  That was more of a ceiling performance than "it only gets better from here" performance - now combine that with poor offensive scheme/game planning/clock management it's hard to envision success past final 4. Garrett was again lost and it's not like he should be overwhelmed. He calls no plays, never seen him "coach up" guys during the game and no white board stuff.  He stands and watches the game essentially, calls timeouts and talks to refs. Am I missing anything here? 

This good young team/superbowl dreams scenario is essentially what I have been saying all year and why I am seen as anti Dak.  I understand the counter argument is that Dak is young and will get better which I don't think will be the case.  Unless this defense become dominating and continues to improve on sacks/turnovers I don't see anything other than a good team that has heart and will fight but will be a dollar short and day late.

Should be an interesting off-season. 

Edited by Bankerguy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Bankerguy said:

I think we all as fans find it hard to balance fandom and realistic expectations - here is what I mean:

I was under no illusion we were winning the SB this year, but it didn't stop me from leaving a party and essentially watch the game (and cheering/chirping the TV) by myself because I couldn't miss it.  I really think the team over achieved a bit this year and all in all - it was a good year.  We certainly have some great young players and made strides - especially on the defensive side of the ball.  It's a lot to feel good about and be excited for.

That is...until you review the weakness of this team.  Coaching/QB play.  Look - I think Dak played decent (He was NOT the sole reason we lost).  To be honest, I felt he played to his potential, he tried hard, fought and played OK.  That is the problem.  That was more of a ceiling performance than "it only gets better from here" performance - now combine that with poor offensive scheme/game planning/clock management it's hard to envision success past final 4. Garrett was again lost and it's not like he should be overwhelmed. He calls no plays, never seen coach up guys during the game, no clip board stuff.  He stands and watches the game essentially, calls timeouts and talks to refs. Am I missing anything here? 

This good young team/superbowl dreams scenario is essentially what I have been saying all year and why I am seen as anti Dak.  I understand the counter argument is that Dak is young and will get better which I don't think will be the case.  Unless this defense become dominating and continues to improve on sacks/turnovers I don't see anything other than a good team that has heart and will fight but will be a dollar short and day late.

Should be an interesting off-season. 

Garrett's sideline faces remind me a lot of Wade Phillips. Wade always looked like he needed to go the bathroom. Jason looks like he's trying to decide if it's gas or the real thing. 

We need to have a new OC. Priority #1.  His attitude after the game, not talking to the media indicates a lot about him. Let him go and get someone else pronto. 

Priority #2 BIG run stuffer. No more small 3 tech guys pretending to be run stoppers. Get a big body bruiser inside. 

Priority #3 Safety.  Heath is not the solution there. 

Priority #4 TE.  Keep Swain and Shultz and get a vet of the waiver/cut list.       

 

I was disappointed at the loss, but like Bankerguy, felt they had a very good year for a young team. Looking forward to next year.                                      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free agent TE are spendy. TEBC is much the way to go. IMO

Keep plowing money into the lines and the rest will take care of itself. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridiculous:

Jason Garrett said on 105.3 The Fan that offensive coordinator Scott Linehan will return in 2019. "We don't anticipate any significant changes on our staff," Garrett said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bankerguy said:

Ridiculous:

Jason Garrett said on 105.3 The Fan that offensive coordinator Scott Linehan will return in 2019. "We don't anticipate any significant changes on our staff," Garrett said.

Definition of insanity Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigDave said:

Definition of insanity Jason

Now hearing...

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan said they have not had any meetings about the futures of coaches or players. "I think it's a little early to be speculating about players, coaches, anything like that other than I really do think our group overall did a nice job."

Linehan HAS to go. If Garrett is dumb enough to want him back - it should just be another indication of his incompetence too - although we all know Jerry won't fire Jason though. I at least hoped for a new OC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bankerguy said:

I think we all as fans find it hard to balance fandom and realistic expectations - here is what I mean:

I was under no illusion we were winning the SB this year, but it didn't stop me from leaving a party and essentially watching the game (all while cheering/chirping the TV) by myself-  because I couldn't miss it.  I really think the team over achieved a bit this year and all in all - it was a good year.  We certainly have some great young players and made strides - especially on the defensive side of the ball.  It's a lot to feel good about and be excited for.

That is...until you review the weakness of this team.  Coaching/QB play.  Look - I think Dak played decent (He was NOT the sole reason we lost).  To be honest, I felt he played to his potential, he tried hard, fought and played OK.  That is the problem.  That was more of a ceiling performance than "it only gets better from here" performance - now combine that with poor offensive scheme/game planning/clock management it's hard to envision success past final 4. Garrett was again lost and it's not like he should be overwhelmed. He calls no plays, never seen him "coach up" guys during the game and no white board stuff.  He stands and watches the game essentially, calls timeouts and talks to refs. Am I missing anything here? 

This good young team/superbowl dreams scenario is essentially what I have been saying all year and why I am seen as anti Dak.  I understand the counter argument is that Dak is young and will get better which I don't think will be the case.  Unless this defense become dominating and continues to improve on sacks/turnovers I don't see anything other than a good team that has heart and will fight but will be a dollar short and day late.

Should be an interesting off-season. 

Yep. This year was pretty much the ceiling if they keep Garrett and Dak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bankerguy said:

Ridiculous:

Jason Garrett said on 105.3 The Fan that offensive coordinator Scott Linehan will return in 2019. "We don't anticipate any significant changes on our staff," Garrett said.

Gtfo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bankerguy said:

Now hearing...

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan said they have not had any meetings about the futures of coaches or players. "I think it's a little early to be speculating about players, coaches, anything like that other than I really do think our group overall did a nice job."

Linehan HAS to go. If Garrett is dumb enough to want him back - it should just be another indication of his incompetence too - although we all know Jerry won't fire Jason though. I at least hoped for a new OC.

they HAVE TO move on from Linehan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.