What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

This is why you don't take kids to NFL games. (1 Viewer)

Only college football stadium I've ever had a problem at was Maryland. 
Most don't have huge issues like we saw in Philadelphia but it's still not the greatest atmosphere for children.  Usually lots of drinking and profanity.  Could be worse though.

I've always heard Arizona fans were terrible.

I'm actually surprised it was just verbal stuff... I've seen them tossing bottles and beer cans and there was a game where visiting fans were pelted by snowballs by a few thousand "fans"

Didn't fans in Philly boo and/or throw snowballs at Santa Claus? Didn't the old stadium have a drunk tank and judge to handle "rowdy" fans? no one should be surprised by the behavior in the video.

I'm actually surprised it was just verbal stuff... I've seen them tossing bottles and beer cans and there was a game where visiting fans were pelted by snowballs by a few thousand "fans"
I think at the end of the video, trash of some sort was flying.  

Sadly, it’s never a smart move to wear your team’s gear in a visiting city stadium.  Philadelphia is bad but you would get this treatment In other eastern and midwestern cities.   Too many drunken buffoons.   
Really ? Define midwestern? - depends on the city for certain. Philly is about the last place on earth to wear the wrong colors. Indy I showed up in the other teams colors more than once and not only never had an issue, but have been offered food, and beer at their tailgate. 

Didn't fans in Philly boo and/or throw snowballs at Santa Claus? Didn't the old stadium have a drunk tank and judge to handle "rowdy" fans? no one should be surprised by the behavior in the video.
Eagle fans claim that Santa was drunk, which they found to be very disrespectful and justified him getting pummeled. 

They apparently have high moral standards, so they have that going for them.

Really ? Define midwestern? - depends on the city for certain. Philly is about the last place on earth to wear the wrong colors. Indy I showed up in the other teams colors more than once and not only never had an issue, but have been offered food, and beer at their tailgate. 
Indianapolis is pretty tame.  It’s not as blue collar a fan base and getting smashed at tailgates is not the generational thing you see in other cities. 

Cleveland when they were winning was insane.  Steelers fans are pretty bad and Cincinnati has pockets of fools   The drunks make any situation nasty   

:yes:

I've been to 2 games at Green Bay wearing a Pats jersey - a little ribbing, but still a cool environment.   I guess maybe it would be different if it was a Bears jersey.  

I live an hour from Philly & hate that city & most of the people in it. Scumbags & filthy crime ridden ####hole. When I do have to enter it, it's never unarmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've been to 2 games at Green Bay wearing a Pats jersey - a little ribbing, but still a cool environment.   I guess maybe it would be different if it was a Bears jersey.  
Not at all. As long as you're not being a raging ###, Packer fans are more than accommodating to any and all fans. But personally, I think we should just take knowledge droppers blind, ignorant generalization as the gospel. 

Sadly, it’s never a smart move to wear your team’s gear in a visiting city stadium.  Philadelphia is bad but you would get this treatment In other eastern and midwestern cities.   Too many drunken buffoons.   
Yup, and although I definitely don't advocate this behavior, you have to be aware of what you are getting yourself into.

For example, I live in a very pro Trump area. I'm not his biggest fan. I'm wise enough not to voice this anti-Trump opinion in public or do something like put anti-Trump stuff on my car. It's just looking for trouble.

And you guys ragging on the entire city of Philly...stop. You're out of line and making yourself look ignorant.

And you guys ragging on the entire city of Philly...stop. You're out of line and making yourself look ignorant.
This. I’m originally from Philly and I have seen far worse behavior in and around Bucs games and many college games.  Fans can do better in general.

Oh BS.  A little ribbing yes but nothing like this.  I've been to a ton of Packer games and haven't seen a mob of fans do this to anyone.  Isolated incidents yes, but nothing to this extent.  Have worn Packer gear twice to games at the Metrodome and never faced anything like this.

Philly fan makes it very difficult to cheer for the Eagles...even against the evil empire.

Never been to a game in Philly but have been to Lions games in GB, Chicago, Minny, Cinci,Buffalo, Cleveland,Pitt,NY Giants and New Orleans. Never have had any incident like that. In fact it has been the total opposite.  In GB and New Orleans we were asked to tailgate and party by many. 

But then again no opposing fans are ever worried about losing to the Lions at home.

While I agree that Philly can be rough around the edges, I never had a problem. Grew up in PA, I was a Cowboys fan, Dad was a Jets fan. He would take me to Veterans Stadium when the Cowboys were in town, all decked out in my Cowboys gear, and cheer as loudly as I could. Never had an issue with Philly fans, never felt unsafe. (Despite the fact that I can’t stand their team) Sometimes stuff happens, but I think the reputation is worse than the reality in most instances.

NFC Title game pretty much played at night and the weather was decent  These clowns have probably been tailgating for 6 hours.  It’s the perfect storm for idiots to be idiots.   

I used to go to all the games at Lambeau and tailgate in the lot out front. We made a point to be as nice to opposing teams as possible, even Bears or Vikings fans. We'd always cook extra food to offer to fans in the other uniform. They'd offer us money for beer and our only request was that when they'd go back home they'd speak highly of Packer fans and Lambeau Field. 

There are bad fans of any team in any city. But this wouldn't happen at Lambeau. 

Oh BS.  A little ribbing yes but nothing like this.  I've been to a ton of Packer games and haven't seen a mob of fans do this to anyone.  Isolated incidents yes, but nothing to this extent.  Have worn Packer gear twice to games at the Metrodome and never faced anything like this.

Philly fan makes it very difficult to cheer for the Eagles...even against the evil empire.
It happens everywhere (Raiders games, Cowboys, everywhere).

And I've been to Eagles games where other fans were wearing Giants gear (opposing team)....no issues aside from some mild joking with one another. 

Been to a Steelers/Ravens game in Pittsburgh wearing Ravens gear and had a ball.  Some mild back and forth and the game ended on last second fg for the Ravens win and still nothing untoward.  Wonderful time overall.  Nothing like in this video.

I had season tickets to the Bears for several years and never had any problems.  Except for that one time we raped and violently stabbed that kid wearing a Scott Mitchell jersey.  But usually, there's no problems and all friendly ribbing. 
Good point...weren't there a few murders amongst fans over the years at different stadiums in California?

I've never been to Green Bay but I've heard from numerous people that say Green Bay is very friendly, regardless of being a Bears fan or any other fan.  I believe it to.  As an Iowa fan I was always told to be careful going to Camp Randall for a game but I never had an issue.  Was always a ton of fun and mostly giving each other crap that we all found entertaining.  I really haven't had any issue with any Midwestern fans.

I've bee to a decent amount of B1G games and the worst fans I ran into were the Ohio St. fans in Columbus.  It wasn't terrible by any means but by far the most rude and arrogant of the places I had been to.

Went to a Chiefs game wearing Packer gear.  Walking through the Parking lot I was engaged in a very friendly manner numerous times.  They asked how I was doing.  I told them I was doing great, I always wanted to come to their stadium to see their legendary tailgating.  I got invited to try all sorts of food.  Very nice folks. 

I was treated very well in Pittsburgh.  Great fans.  Back in the day they all wanted to argue that the Steeler Dynasty of the 70's had passed the Packer dynasty of the 60's..  When I would not agree they all gave a friendly razzing and then handed me a beer, "to shut him up".  Good folks.  They made it difficult for me to buy a round, insisting that any fan traveling that far for a game and wearing his teams colors in Three Rivers should not have to buy a beer. In the end I did buy a round for the ten guys around me.

I've never been to Green Bay but I've heard from numerous people that say Green Bay is very friendly, regardless of being a Bears fan or any other fan.  I believe it to.  As an Iowa fan I was always told to be careful going to Camp Randall for a game but I never had an issue.  Was always a ton of fun and mostly giving each other crap that we all found entertaining.  I really haven't had any issue with any Midwestern fans.

I've bee to a decent amount of B1G games and the worst fans I ran into were the Ohio St. fans in Columbus.  It wasn't terrible by any means but by far the most rude and arrogant of the places I had been to.
Did we Badger fans share with you our Iowa jokes? 

In the end folks from Wisconsin are far more interested in jovial good times featuring a bit too much to drink rather than anger.  We will tilt a glass with pretty much anybody.  That said, if someone insists on having a combative nature we will eventually accommodate that, but only after exhausting good manners.

That's really interesting.  I lived in San Diego for several years and loved it.  Great town, cool, laid back people.  But Charger games drew out the worst of the worst.  Only place I've ever been spit on for wearing Viking gear.  And that was AFTER the Bolts throttled my team.

Users who are viewing this thread