What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What We Do in the Shadows - movie & now an FX show + sequel!!! (1 Viewer)

kupcho1

Footballguy
If you haven't seen this movie, do yourself a favor and watch it.  Absolutely fantastic.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3416742/
Turning it into a show on FX.  Fingers crossed ...

The long-rumored “What We Do in the Shadows” series is moving forward at FX with a pilot production commitment, Variety has learned.

Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi–the stars, writers, and directors of the 2014 film–will serve as executive producers, with Clement serving as writer and Waititi serving as director. Scott Rudin, Paul Simms, Garrett Basch, and Eli Bush will also executive produce. FX Productions will produce.

Kayvan Novak, Matt Berry, Natasia Demetriou, and Harvey Guillen are set to star in the half-hour series. The exact details of the plot are being kept under wraps, but Waititi previously said the show would be set in the United States rather than New Zealand, per Fandango. The original film is a mockumentary about a group of vampires named Viago, Vladislav, Deacon, and Petyr living in the city of Wellington.
More good news, there will be a sequel "We're Wolves" (werewolves, get it?)

This is not the only “What We Do in the Shadows”-associated project in the works. Clement and Waititi are also developing a sequel film based off a group of werewolves featured in the film currently titled “We’re Wolves.” The pair is also working on a spinoff series in New Zealand called “Wellington Paranormal,” following the bumbling cops Karen and Mike who were briefly featured in the film.

Movie is great.  Really like the show so far.  Matt Berry (of IT Crowd and Spongebob Squarepants fame) as Lazlo is  :moneybag:

Last edited by a moderator:
This show is awful. How do you people like it? I wanted to like it because it takes place in Staten Island but couldn't get through 2 episodes. 

This is a funny show.  Haven't seen the movie but would like to.  Big fan of the FX series.  

Your DNA test is back.  Says here I am 100%... white.   Impossible, we're from all over... *shows paper*... oh.   :lol:

Nandor is my favorite because his cluelessness is just off the charts. I’m also digging neighbor Shaun. 🤣

Thanks for the recent bump. It looks like I am a couple seasons behind. Lots of catching up to do. :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread