What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question about wi-fi printer in dorm room setting (1 Viewer)

NewlyRetired

Footballguy
If my child hooks up a wireless printer to her dorm's wifi network, am I correct in thinking that anyone on the dorm's wifi could see and there for send prints to the printer?

Is there any way to prevent besides the brute force method of not using wi-fi and connecting to the printer via USB?

I do believe this is true.  As last week my son cut off a 45 page print job of psychology notes after 18 pages.  He doesn't take psychology.  

Some printers come with the ability to set a password.  That's what we did.

Just keep it turned off when not in use
turns out it does not matter.  I just looked up my child's college computer policy and saw this information.  So it looks like USB is the simple solution here.

================

Please note that any personal wireless printers you bring to campus are not supported at this time. You should bring a printer cable to connect it to your computer. Also note that you will need to go into the printer’s settings and turn off wireless. 

Users who are viewing this thread