Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
scoobus

BTTF 2018: Draft Complete

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Spartans Rule said:

I skipped this 3 years ago too. :shrug:

And then they let me in. See what happens????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spartans Rule said:

I skipped this 3 years ago too. :shrug:

Michigan State is banned this year

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SoCalBroncoFan said:

Can we start rolling? ;)

4 spots left, it'd be better if you helped recruiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scoobus said:

Also, I don't have access to that e-mail, so Rodg/Oso/Eephus will need to verify.

i don't think i have access, either.

will kick things off with a stellar 120

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 785
Roll subtotal: 785
Roll total: 785

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, looking for a co-owner in the Serious Biz dynasty baseball league for those who aren't already in that. I'll front the league entry fee for at the least the first year but would split any winnings. Shoot me a PM if interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scoobus said:

Moops and Greco both had top 6 picks last year. <_<

I finished .500.

Greco 3 games under. 

:kicksrock:

Edited by the moops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scoobus said:

Moops and Greco both had top 6 picks last year. <_<

Doesn't matter.  I'm still finishing sub .500

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the moops said:

I finished .500.

Greco 3 games under. 

:kicksrock:

High 5.

 

Slap it high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 944
Roll subtotal: 944
Roll total: 944

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Koya said:

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 944
Roll subtotal: 944
Roll total: 944

 

 

Strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Koya said:

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 944
Roll subtotal: 944
Roll total: 944

 

 

We are going lowest to highest, right? So if someone rolled a 1 they would go first. If someone rolled a1000 they would pick last, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SoCalBroncoFan said:

We are going lowest to highest, right? So if someone rolled a 1 they would go first. If someone rolled a1000 they would pick last, correct?

 

On 1/27/2018 at 8:18 PM, scoobus said:

HIGHEST NUMBER GOES FIRST THIS TIME

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frostillicus said:

What are we doing with that weirdo japanese guy?

Oh good question, never thought about that.  We could either say if you draft him you get both his hitter and pitcher players that eventually come out (assuming WIS separates them), or we could draft him as a hitter and pitcher separately.  I'd vote for option 1; he's like a super player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 940
Roll subtotal: 940
Roll total: 940

oh #### this guy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Koya said:

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 944
Roll subtotal: 944
Roll total: 944

 

 

this one too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobus said:

Oh good question, never thought about that.  We could either say if you draft him you get both his hitter and pitcher players that eventually come out (assuming WIS separates them), or we could draft him as a hitter and pitcher separately.  I'd vote for option 1; he's like a super player.

I don’t know if it’s posdible to play someone as both a hitter and a pitcher in WIS. We knight gave to specify that whoever drafts him only gets him as a hitter or a pitcher. However, because we don’t play until after the season, you could wait and see how he performs and decide which you prefer. 

I do know that I am not a fan of having two instances of a player iat all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SoCalBroncoFan said:

I don’t know if it’s posdible to play someone as both a hitter and a pitcher in WIS. We knight gave to specify that whoever drafts him only gets him as a hitter or a pitcher. However, because we don’t play until after the season, you could wait and see how he performs and decide which you prefer. 

I do know that I am not a fan of having two instances of a player iat all. 

Why shouldn’t you be able to use him as both a hitter and a pitcher though? The Angels are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobus said:

Why shouldn’t you be able to use him as both a hitter and a pitcher though? The Angels are.

I don’t think the sim is built for it. You can’t pitch position players, even if you just want to save innings, and you can’t pinch hit with pitchers. 

I have no problem with allowing it if the sim is built for it, I just don’t think it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SoCalBroncoFan said:

I don’t think the sim is built for it. You can’t pitch position players, even if you just want to save innings, and you can’t pinch hit with pitchers. 

I have no problem with allowing it if the sim is built for it, I just don’t think it is. 

Yeah, I’m assuming WIS will have him as 2 separate players, a hitter and a pitcher. And I think if you draft him you should get both.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scoobus said:

Yeah, I’m assuming WIS will have him as 2 separate players, a hitter and a pitcher. And I think if you draft him you should get both.

Agreed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well then <_<

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 195
Roll subtotal: 195
Roll total: 195

Edited by rodg12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, scoobus said:

Yeah, I’m assuming WIS will have him as 2 separate players, a hitter and a pitcher. And I think if you draft him you should get both.

This. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, scoobus said:

Yeah, I’m assuming WIS will have him as 2 separate players, a hitter and a pitcher. And I think if you draft him you should get both.

I suspect this is a wrong assumption. WIS is likely to pick one, and you can only use him for that. Look at Babe Ruth 1918.

So, go Ohtani at your peril. My best guess is he'll be a P, but we may not know when we draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2018 at 3:03 PM, Koya said:

All pitchers are "graded" by the same metrics - I'd recommend you go to wis.com and sign up for one of their free leagues and you'll at least get some idea of what to expect and you can see the stats they use - but it's basically the raw stats that are most imp.

The way the sim works, as I understand it, is:

A pitch is made, and is judged by the stats of the pitcher vs. those of the batter:

1. Is it a ball or strike?

2. Does the player swing?

3. If no, see #1

4. If yes, do they make contact.

5. If they make contact, where does it go (groundball/fly, and to which position, or is it a HR)

6. That then ties into the defensive metric of where it's hit.

You can read this super nerdy explanation of how the sim works if you're so inclined. Even I don't understand most of it.

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=457843&TopicsTimeframe=365

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2018 at 2:21 PM, SoCalBroncoFan said:

When drafting players, think Sabremetrics, slash numbers and NOT counting stats for hitters. (Except plate appearances, you need enough PA’s for a full season at each position.)

When it comes to pitching, starting pitching is more important than anything else in this game. (At least making sure you have enough quality innings to fill out a rotation) As for what to focus on, things this WHIP, .OAV, BB/9, K/9 and a low HR/9 rate are important. 

The sim doesn't care about runs and RBIs at all. Doesn't care about saves either. So, not to spotlight before we draft, but you're likely to see Andrew Miller as a top 10 reliever.

Strikeouts are somewhat meaningful (they help if your D is bad, but don't prevent hits). Similarly, hitter Ks don't matter that much. Stolen bases are much more useful if you have a good success rate.

Draft where guys will play in 2018, not where they're eligible in fantasy. (Dee Gordon probably won't help you at 2B in this format)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jfranco77 said:

I suspect this is a wrong assumption. WIS is likely to pick one, and you can only use him for that. Look at Babe Ruth 1918.

So, go Ohtani at your peril. My best guess is he'll be a P, but we may not know when we draft.

Even more fun, can’t wait to see where he’s drafted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Arsenal of Doom said:

Also, looking for a co-owner in the Serious Biz dynasty baseball league for those who aren't already in that. I'll front the league entry fee for at the least the first year but would split any winnings. Shoot me a PM if interested. 

bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, scoobus said:

Even more fun, can’t wait to see where he’s drafted.

Now, if Sim Live is fixed by Oct. 2018, you might be able to use him both ways in Live. But I am not holding my breath.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scoobus said:

Yeah, I’m assuming WIS will have him as 2 separate players, a hitter and a pitcher. And I think if you draft him you should get both.

I think if you should have to draft him as two separate players (pitcher and hitter), if WIS does in fact have him as 2 separate players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 189
Roll subtotal: 189
Roll total: 189

 

Can't decide if I am happy or sad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, the moops said:

I think if you should have to draft him as two separate players (pitcher and hitter), if WIS does in fact have him as 2 separate players.

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.