What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BTTF 2018: MLB123746 (2 Viewers)

I remember TRE used to set it up, not sure who has access anymore to set it up.  @rodg12 maybe?
Hopping on a plane for vacation to Florida for a week. League has been activated, may need to change categories so it’s not a premium league unless somebody wants to pay for it again. Previous comishes can enter teams this week if they want. I’ll do what I can to get them in the week after.

Quiet lazy Monday, so here's the wrap. Expected starters bolded(400+ PAs) , key backups italicized (200+ PAs)

CA: Evan Gattis (HOU), Travis D'Arnaud (NYM), Jett Bandy (MIL). Pat Mazeika (NYM), Jose Lobaton (NYM)

Feel pretty good here at a thin position. It comes down to Gattis getting enough starts to be serviceable defensively, and should that happen, this should be a position of strength. D'arnaud splits time and gets hurt, but hopefully 300+ PAs. Bandy has a chance to make the squad with Vogt hurting.

1B: Jose Abreu (CWS), Adam Lind (NYY)

Abreu's solid, not spectacular, but a nice anchor with good overall hitting, doubles, HRs and decent OBP.  Who knows where Lind ends up, Yanks not exactly the ideal spot. 

2B: Jonathan Schoop (BAL), Eric Sogard (MIL), Chase Utley (LAD), Gavin Checchini (NYM), Keston Hiura (MIL)

Schoop has looked to his pre-fatgiued days at end of last season  should have very good defense (A+ range last year).. Sogard should get 200-300PAs and Utley should get a couple hundy with ####ty defense around the horn.  Checchini's got a chance to log some PAs as well with the Mets hardly rolling out Joe Morgan at 2B

SS: Marcus Semien (OAK), Freddy Galvis (SD), Ildemaro Vargas 

Should be very solid defensively, and serviceable as a #8 hitter offensively - drafted the same duo last year (as I did Schoop, as well).

3B: Adrian Beltre (TEX), Jedd Gyorko (STL)

Trying for one more great year in the face of father time for Beltre. Gyorko's a solid backup here, and may be eligible at other positions with ok OBP and some pop.

Outfield: Michael Conforto (NYM), Jackie Bradley Jr. (BOS), Michael Brantley (CLE), Nicky Delmonico (CWS), Ben Gamel (SEA), Boog Powell (OAK), Ryan Cordell (CWS), D.J. Stewart (BAL), Franchy Cordero (SDP)

Biggest risk/reward group, also biggest mixed bag so far. Early returns are looking good for Brantley and Conforto as to being on or ahead of schedule, but the risk is certainly there. Delmonico was looking nice but strained his shoulder (thought it was a dislocation, seems less severe than that) and Gamel is already out for 6 weeks. Cordell and even Franchy Cordero are really pushing for some time (and Cordell may see it if Delmonico ends up out for a while)... a lot of uncertainty here. 

Bold = starters w/ bulk of innings    italic = likely needed depth

SP: Clayton Kershaw (LAD), Aaron Nola (PHI), Dylan Bundy (BAL), Matt Shoemaker (STL), Jason Vargas (NYM), Ty Blach (SFG), Jeremy Hellickson (FA), Austin Pruitt (TAM), Brock Stewart (LAD), Fernando Romero (CWS), Zack Little (CWS)

Bundy looked solid today, and if my top three perform up to expectations (especially if either Nola or Bunday really put it together in addition to a Kershaw-like season), then it's Kershaw, Nola Bundy and pray for rain.  I assume Hellickson will land somewhere to pitch terrible innings.  Shoemaker keeps giving up bombs, as does Vargas. Blach could become my #4 pretty easily, especially in that park. 

CL: David Robertson (NYY), Sean Doolittle (WAS) RP: Sergio Romo (TAM), Kelvin Herrera (KCR), Dan Otero (CLE), Cory Gearrin (SFG), Alex Wilson (DET), Gregory Infante (CWS), Wilmer Font (LAD), A.J. Shugel (PIT), Cody Anderson (CLE), Edgar Santana (PIT), Evan Scribner (FA)

Feel pretty good about this relief crew. It's deep, has guys with proven experience and very good years - but always a crapshoot.  Have some numbers to work with.

Phew! Finally signed back with KC ... I missed the news from Saturday.
For a third or something (and only one year) than that which had been offered last year.

Ouch.  

This is the year the musical chairs music stopped for the FAs out there.  The MLBPA really screwed the pooch on their last negotiation, after having been by far the most successful of the unions in sport. 

I spend too much time looking up Google News for Tyler Kinley ("making an impression") and Zac Rosscup ("1-for-5 against lefties...righties hitting 0.412 against him")
Maybe it's the three whiskeys and half a beer, but this had me almost falling off the bar stool my friend. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Kazmir news this weekend was quite an emotional roller coaster for his BTTF owner. Went from 5th starter gold to released in a matter of a day  :banned:

Kraft... said:
Kazmir news this weekend was quite an emotional roller coaster for his BTTF owner. Went from 5th starter gold to released in a matter of a day  :banned:
Meh ... woulda been nice, but Kazmir was my 10th starter taken :shrug:

Besides, the Jharel Cotton news solidified the status of one of my other SPs, Paul Blackburn.

Looks like the league is activated.  Those with commish powers are @Doug B @Northern Voice @rodg12 @SoCalBroncoFan
I'm not going to be able to enter all 24 teams myself ... but I can do some tomorrow.

Meanwhile, can everyone go into the Googlesheet, filter their picks by their name, and confirm that (a) their players picked and (b) those players' teams are accurate? Then post a Yes or No into this thread?

I'm not going to be able to enter all 24 teams myself ... but I can do some tomorrow.

Meanwhile, can everyone go into the Googlesheet, filter their picks by their name, and confirm that (a) their players picked and (b) those players' teams are accurate? Then post a Yes or No into this thread?
My team is all set, I pasted my roster in the "Kraft" Tab if that makes things easier :hifive:  

Mine is all good. I also updated a few players who weren't mine, just to be nice. 

Have run into a snag: the 2018 league lists the same 24 owners as the 2017 season. I know we have at least one new owner, Hell Toupee. Going to poke around to see if I can add him and drop whoever it was that dropped out ... but if anyone knows what to do about this in FanTrax and can save me some effort, let me know.

Okay, it's Sammy out, Hell Toupee in -- I think that's the only owner change from last year to now.

However, it looks like Hell Toupee has to join FanTrax and then sign up for the league? Meanwhile, I will skip HT and start entering jfranco's team.

OK, I think I know what to do.

HellToupee will need to sign up for a FanTrax account first. He can then either post his FanTrax username into this thread, or else PM me and/or rodg12 the e-mail address he used to sign up for FanTrax. With that information, either rodg12 or I should be able to use this Replace Owner screen I just found in the FanTrax Commissioner toolbox, swapping out Sammy and swapping in Hell Toupee.

OK, I think I know what to do.

HellToupee will need to sign up for a FanTrax account first. He can then either post his FanTrax username into this thread, or else PM me and/or rodg12 the e-mail address he used to sign up for FanTrax. With that information, either rodg12 or I should be able to use this Replace Owner screen I just found in the FanTrax Commissioner toolbox, swapping out Sammy and swapping in Hell Toupee.
Pm’d My email but username is helltoupee 

Users who are viewing this thread