What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BTTF 2018: MLB123746 (1 Viewer)

Let's see what we can get done in the next couple weeks.  If people have other's numbers and wanna send some texts that might be helpful.  If everyone could try to join ASAP we could hopefully gain enough momentum enough to get this going and start on the 2019 draft.  Would suck for this to die.

Planning on joining up soon ... got a home appraisal tomorrow, and we're busting hump to get ready for that.

Since I figured this wouldn’t happen I never traded for innings. Anyone still have innings for trade?

My team won’t be good either way, but I’ll get it entered.  

heya folks... sorry I didnt see the thread or the PMs.

Havent been around since it became impossible to have a legitimate discussion, as those who like to call out others as snowflakes get their panties in such a bunch when confronted with even a sanitized version of the truth that I got a time out when one complained because a tactifully but true statement was more than they could bear. That pesky truth and all. Sadly, the whataboutism seems to have reached management to a point where 'fair' precludes one from calling out the fourth quarter of the Falcons-Pats Superbowl as anything other than an even keeled matchup - a forum that is sanitized beyond the ability to call out harsh and ugly truths in any meaningful way isn't a communith worth engaging in, so have focused on more meaningful outlets.

That said, never intended to let down my BTTF brethren. If this thing is going, I'll fulfill my obligation and load up what is an absolutely horrid team.  Some of yall have my cell, so in my absence here, feel free to text.

I'm hoping this is still a thing.  Though sadly only 3 owners have entered their teams.

I'm also wondering if there would be a 2019 version. We can't let the tradition die. 

Havent been around since it became impossible to have a legitimate discussion, as those who like to call out others as snowflakes get their panties in such a bunch when confronted with even a sanitized version of the truth that I got a time out when one complained because a tactifully but true statement was more than they could bear. That pesky truth and all. Sadly, the whataboutism seems to have reached management to a point where 'fair' precludes one from calling out the fourth quarter of the Falcons-Pats Superbowl as anything other than an even keeled matchup - a forum that is sanitized beyond the ability to call out harsh and ugly truths in any meaningful way isn't a communith worth engaging in, so have focused on more meaningful outlets.

That said, never intended to let down my BTTF brethren. If this thing is going, I'll fulfill my obligation and load up what is an absolutely horrid team.  Some of yall have my cell, so in my absence here, feel free to text.
This thing may be on life support, but at least Koya :stonedbanana: is alive and well

Would it help to make a list of people who are still “in” for replaying 2018?

Im in, but don’t particularly want to buy a season if this thing is dead. 

Would it help to make a list of people who are still “in” for replaying 2018?

Im in, but don’t particularly want to buy a season if this thing is dead. 
Yeah I’m in that boat too. I think a lot of us still want to play but are kinda hesitant to drop the $ until it looks more like it’s going to happen.

I think once people start signing up others will start joining, just need people to get the ball rolling. It’s only 12 bucks. 🤷‍♂️ 

I think once people start signing up others will start joining, just need people to get the ball rolling. It’s only 12 bucks. 🤷‍♂️ 
The league is created, but we only have 3 entered. If any of the interested owners want to put in their teams, it might help build some momentum.

I'm out on playing the 2018 season.  It looked like WIS was dead so I didn't pay any attention or make any trades, and now that the players finally got loaded every one made trades and I have no interest whatsoever in my team.  If somehow I'm the only one holding out, I'll go ahead and jump in with the team I drafted and get killed, I don't want to ruin you nerds' fun, but I have zero interest at all in 2018.

Now, I propose, we give up on 2018, and go ahead and try to get the ball rolling for 2019.  For that, my friends, I am solidly IN.  This draft is so stupid that I love it so much.

I'm out on playing the 2018 season.  It looked like WIS was dead so I didn't pay any attention or make any trades, and now that the players finally got loaded every one made trades and I have no interest whatsoever in my team.  If somehow I'm the only one holding out, I'll go ahead and jump in with the team I drafted and get killed, I don't want to ruin you nerds' fun, but I have zero interest at all in 2018.
This is why the entire internet hates your stupid face

I am jonesing so bad for this 2019 draft. Clearly it's not happening so I'm going to try to find a different place to get my fix.  :(

I am jonesing so bad for this 2019 draft. Clearly it's not happening so I'm going to try to find a different place to get my fix.  :(
If you find another 24 team league with a 50 round redraft, tell them they're all nerds and send me a link.

Now, I propose, we give up on 2018, and go ahead and try to get the ball rolling for 2019.  For that, my friends, I am solidly IN.  This draft is so stupid that I love it so much.
This is me too. 

If the 2018 sim is dying, I'll look into running an auto-manage replay league using OOTP.
Doesn't appear to be possible using 2018 stats.  Historical leagues can only be created for 1871-2017.

I've been out of OOTP for many years so I'd be happy to be corrected by somebody who knows how to run this.

My offense is actually very good. When I entered my squad I had top 5 players at many positions. Very strong. No weakness. Much American.

Anyway. My SPs are dog #### so I'd still trade a Cain or Goldschmidt or Ramirez for an elite SP.  Ideally my elite guy + my dog #### SP for your dog #### guy + and elite SP. 

Sorry I havent checked in. Developed a serious infection and had to have my left leg amputated below the knee. Still in the hospital, got fitted for a temporary prosthetic today. I am still in if this is happening, but money is tight and I dont want to spend the money until I know for sure its happening.

Just to be clear, I am IN for the 2018 season and the 2019 draft, if they happen.

Planning on joining up soon ... got a home appraisal tomorrow, and we're busting hump to get ready for that.

I'm still in the hospital, but I can play from here. Will have my team in the next couple of days.

Also, I'm in for the 2019 season, too.

I have loaded, just need to pay.  Is this a thing or can I save the $12?

Since I figured this wouldn’t happen I never traded for innings. Anyone still have innings for trade?

My team won’t be good either way, but I’ll get it entered.  

I'm also in

Im in if we are going forward. 

This will be the year I actually kill a pitcher, but I'm in if you guys are.

I loaded my team in WIS, it's ready to go if this happens.

If everyone here joins we’re basically there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I havent checked in. Developed a serious infection and had to have my left leg amputated below the knee. Still in the hospital, got fitted for a temporary prosthetic today. I am still in if this is happening, but money is tight and I dont want to spend the money until I know for sure its happening.

Just to be clear, I am IN for the 2018 season and the 2019 draft, if they happen.
Dude. Keep battling. Godspeed, buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread