Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
randall146

USA Shootings

Just now, Sheriff Bart said:

According to the liberal left wing commies at Fox News Poll: Most back gun restrictions after shootings, Trump ratings down

I'll ask again, who's fault is it that we don't have gun restrictions?

Also from the link

But asked to choose one or the other, voters would rather live in a country where gun ownership is legal than one where guns are banned.

1 minute ago, Misfit said:

The NRA

How many people on this board support the NRA?

You're also discounting the politicians role. 

Edited by KCitons

2 minutes ago, Misfit said:

I have no idea beyond SC

That may be the only one. Many others have said that they don't support the NRA. Even though they own a gun.

How many people here want to ban all firearms?

1 minute ago, KCitons said:

That may be the only one. Many others have said that they don't support the NRA. Even though they own a gun.

I do how wonder how many would say they wanted to ban them all if they thought it was achievable or we did away with the 2nd to allow it.  

1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

I do how wonder how many would say they wanted to ban them all if they thought it was achievable or we did away with the 2nd to allow it.  

Probably the same as people that say they would support the NRA if they would quit getting in the way or sensible gun control. 

22 minutes ago, the rover said:

Huh.  I wonder if there was liability for selling guns and ammo if anything would change?

That wasn't why I posted that link. I posted it because 10 days ago a man was arrested for making threats against temple and talking about killing cops and telling other customers to watch the news.

5 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Remember as a kid how the NRA was about gun safety? When did they become 2nd amendment protector/litigator/political?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Remember as a kid how the NRA was about gun safety? When did they become 2nd amendment protector/litigator/political?

Yes. I'm guessing they changed somewhere in the late 80's. I stopped supporting in the early 90's. 

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

I'd like to blame the media for making the police the bad guys. It emboldens criminals to do things like this. Dangerous rhetoric. 

By-product of an armed militia. 

I have a solution to the Philly shooting where illegal drugs were involved and very likely felons

take the guns from the guy in rural Kansas

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KCitons said:

I doubt they'll speak up ... but if they don't own guns, I imagine they probably don't mind banning all guns .... doesn't impact them right ?

6 hours ago, the rover said:

what new laws?   be specific.   

as a law abiding citizen, I'm fine with laws that may affect me if I break the law.   that's how laws work.

c'mon fish, you know which ones, we talked about them remember? that the new ones in Mass I believe would have banned my son's turkey shotgun ? remember ?

5 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

With the issued magazines or after market ones?

after market although I dunno what Glock produces factory ... first one I've owner, not even shot it yet

5 hours ago, parrot said:

Nope, no real interest in extended mags.  John Moses Browning designed a near perfect handgun and I'm not going to screw that up with an extended magazine.  Also, if 9 shots doesn't take him down I'm probably ####ed anyway.  

I agree however

if handguns are protected and they are, and AR15's are banned because of high capacity/semiauto .... then these murderers can easily get aftermarkeyt high cap mag's for handguns

you see now right ? ignore the core problem and it will not go away

ever

26 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Says a lot when George Bush wrote an open letter in the mid 90s on why he left the NRA 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mile High said:

By-product of an armed militia. 

Should we rally behind narcotics?

Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

You couldn’t pay me enough

You're just saying this because its Philly... :coffee:

2 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

That is messed up. Probably GOP voters, right?

I dont know. Half shirt lady was probably one N bomb away from being a trump supporter 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

What kind of stockpile does this guy to hold off the whole Philly PD?

Philly PD is really incompetent. They got a lot of guys on the force who are nothing more then douchebags with a gun and badge going on power trips. Not sure I've told the story on here or not. I want to say about 9-10 yrs ago when my uncle moved out of Philly to go to NYC he lived in West Philly on the UPenn Campus. Anyone who is a student for Drexel/Penn etc in university city is told by the college staff never cross the boarder train tracks as after leaving campus the area is bad. My Uncle ordered a pizza for us and my brother and I went to pick it up. I'm a sophomore in college or going into JR year at this point and my brother a Soph in HS. We took a wrong turn ended in the bad part of West Philly. Cop on his bike a Black guy starts harassing us. We realized the only reason and what we could hear from his comments was we shouldn't be in the area as if the people in the area saw 2 white kids in their area people would assume we were causing trouble. I tried to apologetically tell the cop we weren't causing trouble and got lost and I told him where we were headed. The dude was rude and obnoxious to us. This was obviously before everyone had a smart phone and recorded everything and I barely had a Facebook at this point and time either. We finally got directions from a very nice person sitting outside who told the cop to bugger off. When the cop left the women told us he's always trying to cause trouble with the out of town white folk. I've had several instances of being falsely accused by Philly cops as well. 

This isn't to say all Philly Cops are bad but the PPD here never has to worry about #### like this like say Chicago, LA and some other cities do. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

You're just saying this because its Philly... :coffee:

Probably knows the guy doing the shooting. Cowboys always hang out with such great character people on and off the field including the fans wise. 

26 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Probably knows the guy doing the shooting. Cowboys always hang out with such great character people on and off the field including the fans wise. 

Love for you to break down this thought

Have cowboys historically done something wrong? Can you list the players and offenses?

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Have cowboys historically done something wrong? Can you list the players and offenses?

From One article top 3 players

Dez Bryant, Terry Glenn and Joey Galloway are three of the more prominent Cowboys wide receivers to be arrested since 2000. Meanwhile, cornerback Dwayne Goodrich was charged with manslaughter in a hit-and-run accident and sentenced to 7.5 years in jail in 2003.

Leon Lett Suspended a full year, Zeke grouping a female among other charges, Pacman "Multiple arrest record", Dez Bryant attacking his mother and other issues, Irvine cocaine charges and cutting a persons ear with scissors, Gregg Hardy Domestic's violience and threatening harm to a witness with a firearm, 

Per a CBS Sports article 

Multiple players plead guilty to drunk driving. (Offensive lineman Erik Williams nearly died in a drunk driving accident.) Others were suspended for drugs. Others were alleged to have sexually assaulted strippers.

Jeff Pearlman, who wrote the book Boys Will Be Boys, about the 1990s Cowboys, implied in an interview that at the height of its popularity, nearly half the team was using the White House for some sort of extracurricular activities. In the end, it was the off-field exploits, as much as the salary cap or the ouster of Jimmy Johnson, that led to the long, slow fall from grace of America's Team.

The list just goes on and on. 

7 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

From One article top 3 players

Dez Bryant, Terry Glenn and Joey Galloway are three of the more prominent Cowboys wide receivers to be arrested since 2000. Meanwhile, cornerback Dwayne Goodrich was charged with manslaughter in a hit-and-run accident and sentenced to 7.5 years in jail in 2003.

Leon Lett Suspended a full year, Zeke grouping a female among other charges, Pacman "Multiple arrest record", Dez Bryant attacking his mother and other issues, Irvine cocaine charges and cutting a persons ear with scissors, Gregg Hardy Domestic's violience and threatening harm to a witness with a firearm, 

Per a CBS Sports article 

Multiple players plead guilty to drunk driving. (Offensive lineman Erik Williams nearly died in a drunk driving accident.) Others were suspended for drugs. Others were alleged to have sexually assaulted strippers.

Jeff Pearlman, who wrote the book Boys Will Be Boys, about the 1990s Cowboys, implied in an interview that at the height of its popularity, nearly half the team was using the White House for some sort of extracurricular activities. In the end, it was the off-field exploits, as much as the salary cap or the ouster of Jimmy Johnson, that led to the long, slow fall from grace of America's Team.

The list just goes on and on. 

Should we talk about the other similarity? Nah. I dont care. DJ you make good points in some threads, but dont let rivalries impact this one. 

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 1

@SaintsInDome2006 to further explain cops looking for power with a badge and gun. I have a lot of bully cops in my town who act like they are a Philly Cop but if they had to deal with the scene today or others like it would totally crap themselves and wouldn't do a dam thing. They just think having a badge and gun gives them the power to act like bullies. My Brother and I had an issue for a school resource officer who I got put on paid desk duty. I knew someone on the force who also helped my brother and I in this situation. Mine was a simple I was not told proper procedure and when I tried to correct it the cop bullied me and threatened to charge me with trespassing.He also tried to play dumb and tell me he had no idea who the teacher was who asked me to come in was despite her being there for over 30 yrs. I explained no one told me about any procedures other then check in at the desk but apparently I needed some sort of email invitation from said teacher. This was the first time she invited a student back and the teachers were apparently never informed of rule changes on that by the district. I was nice and polite about it even asking if I could speak to the principle about the ordeal and see if we could come up with a agreement to satisfy everyone. My brothers infraction? Simple standing in a lunch line and what the guy said he looked at him funny then accused my brother of putting a hole in a wall that had been there since I was a freshman. The dude was a real ######## with a badge if I ever saw one. 

My local shopping center I work at for now 15 yrs maybe 3rd year I was working we had a security guy for the shopping center kind of Offensive Lineman built maybe mid 30s with the buzzcut and mustache (looked like what's his name in SUperTroopers) basically the guy was a ##### and acted like he was some Philly cop too. No one ever took him seriously and even my managers never took him seriously. He was the security guy basically in the movies with teens or small kids who would do anything to piss the guy off type 

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Should we talk about the other similarity? Nah. I dont care. DJ you make good points in some threads, but dont let rivalries impact this one. 

I'm simple taking a shot at a guy who took a shot at my team and trolls my teams thread constantly. If he can't take that jibe maybe he should stop the trolling. Thats all 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I'm simple taking a shot at a guy who took a shot at my team and trolls my teams thread constantly. If he can't take that jibe maybe he should stop the trolling. Thats all 

Understood. Not standing up for CB. Or you. I know neither. My take from an outsider is that when political points are attacked with team innuendoes, it loses some impact. Love your Bulls posts, but something to think about. 

• Thanks 1

This wasn't reported but 2hrs ago by 6abc Local 

BREAKING NEWS: 2 Philadelphia police officers trapped inside home with gunman have been freed

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

This wasn't reported but 2hrs ago by 6abc Local 

BREAKING NEWS: 2 Philadelphia police officers trapped inside home with gunman have been freed

Yeah on the second floor. Shooter is on the first. No indication if the building is clear. 

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Just pointing out...your first link to prove the media incites violence...is a Rasmussen's poll about the opinion that people think they do that.  Ooof

Second link...the Wash. Examiner  where cops feel betrayed because some politicians say they encourage attacks?  Also doesn't actually address what was asked.

Neither does the third which discusses the public filming violence and putting it on social media.

Fourth just that officers say the media treats them unfairly...not that the media incites violence. 

0/4 in any of those links showing the media inciting violence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, msommer said:

believe what you want. HF is rarely wrong

If you can convince my wife of this I will buy you a bottle of Michter’s 

• Like 1

Just now, Henry Ford said:

If you can convince my wife of this I will buy you a bottle of Michter’s 

I don't do forlorn hopes, sorry. GL, though

8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Wth are you going on about??

:lol:

9 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

I have a solution to the Philly shooting where illegal drugs were involved and very likely felons

take the guns from the guy in rural Kansas

There are shootings every day in America.  It is not a question of if but when there is a shooting in rural Kansas.     I am not advocating taking all guns away from all citizens but the status quo is not working.   You love your 2nd amendment rights?  Great, start coming up with solutions that might help.  

7 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Just pointing out...your first link to prove the media incites violence...is a Rasmussen's poll about the opinion that people think they do that.  Ooof

Second link...the Wash. Examiner  where cops feel betrayed because some politicians say they encourage attacks?  Also doesn't actually address what was asked.

Neither does the third which discusses the public filming violence and putting it on social media.

Fourth just that officers say the media treats them unfairly...not that the media incites violence. 

0/4 in any of those links showing the media inciting violence.

I thought we put trump v Mexicans as the standard. Perception is reality and the perception is that it happens. 

14 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Oh, most definitely!  Gun reform here would be a disaster!!!  Look what it's done in other countries.  Abject failure.  

My prayers are going around the clock today and tomorrow.  It's all we can do.

As Coach Norman Dale said "Make it a good one, Strap!"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Why stop there?  BAN ALL THE GAMES!  Clue is directly responsible for 8% of all homicide by gunfire. 

I thought it was responsible for half of all candlestick bludgeoning's.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I thought it was responsible for half of all candlestick bludgeoning's.

You’re on a roll this morning. 

Go out on a high note Costanza! :lol:

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I thought we put trump v Mexicans as the standard. Perception is reality and the perception is that it happens. 

What?  This doesn't again  even address what I said...nor is it an accurate description of what has gone on with Trump.

10 hours ago, Max Power said:

Wasn't the Cowboy's nickname in the 90's "The Cocaine Cowboys?"

• Thanks 1