Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
randall146

USA Shootings

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Fair, so you admit the example of the dude firing at the fleeing criminal is murder then since we don't know more than the police do and he was charged with murder.  

fired into the air - don't misread what the report says and yes, he was charged. We will see what the courts say - guilty or innocent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apple Jack said:

If not a gun he'd have just as easily killed the guy with a hacky sack.

or been killed by a pickax 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Probably going to be hard to find a hunting partner after This

If only he would have fallen out of a tree stand first.

this is an example of where we don't always read one article and get all the information 

where in that article does it say the shooter was hunting illegally ? did it ?

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/local/teen-killed-hunting-mistaken-for-deer/77-c8c324b5-cf1c-4a36-999f-20515697c552

Deer season for archery is currently open in Georgia, but firearms season doesn't start until Oct. 19.

 

Sounds like a poacher and illegal activity that shouldn't have ever been going on .... they would have all had blaze orange had it been rifle season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

fired into the air - don't misread what the report says and yes, he was charged. We will see what the courts say - guilty or innocent

Meyer fired another shot "into the night" in the direction of the park

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Meyer fired another shot "into the night" in the direction of the park

I think I misred you earlier ...

yes, in most cases I'd say you shooting a guy in the back as he runs off is murder in some degree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 9:09 AM, Stealthycat said:

or been killed by a pickax 

amazing you continue to defend an accused murderer.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 11:13 AM, Stealthycat said:

this is an example of where we don't always read one article and get all the information 

where in that article does it say the shooter was hunting illegally ? did it ?

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/local/teen-killed-hunting-mistaken-for-deer/77-c8c324b5-cf1c-4a36-999f-20515697c552

Deer season for archery is currently open in Georgia, but firearms season doesn't start until Oct. 19.

 

Sounds like a poacher and illegal activity that shouldn't have ever been going on .... they would have all had blaze orange had it been rifle season. 

 

Bobby Lane, 17, was pronounced dead at a hospital after police say fellow hunter Hector Romero mistook him for a deer.

If he was speeding on the way to the woods would it not count in your book as a stupid gun accident? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, -fish- said:

amazing you continue to defend an accused murderer.   

amazing you read one news article and automatically assign guilt

I'm repeating what the article said, nothing more ..........he's innocent until proven guilty. I thought you knew about laws and such ?? no ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Bobby Lane, 17, was pronounced dead at a hospital after police say fellow hunter Hector Romero mistook him for a deer.

If he was speeding on the way to the woods would it not count in your book as a stupid gun accident? 

it was accidental in that the shot wasn't at a deer like was thought ............ it was intentional to be using a gun illegally and attempting to poach game animals. in rifle seasons, people have blaze orange for a reason - its one of those common sense law things we have in this country. Anyway, the core problem was using a rifle to poach animals ....... had that not been happening, this accidental shooting wouldn't have happened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stealthycat said:

amazing you read one news article and automatically assign guilt

I'm repeating what the article said, nothing more ..........he's innocent until proven guilty. I thought you knew about laws and such ?? no ?

He’s been charged with murder based on the fact that he killed a guy that was not presenting a threat to him.   Those are the facts.  It doesn’t really matter if he’s convicted.   You keep trying to justify murder because you can’t ever admit that there is a gun violence problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 10:09 AM, Stealthycat said:

fired into the air - don't misread what the report says and yes, he was charged. We will see what the courts say - guilty or innocent

Maybe try following your own advice; that's at least twice you've claimed he "fired into the air", the article doesn't say that at all.

"The person took several steps toward him, Meyer told investigators, so he fired. As the burglar dropped his pickax and ran toward a nearby park, Meyer fired another shot "into the night" in the direction of the park."

 

Edited by parrot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stealthycat said:

amazing you read one news article and automatically assign guilt

I'm repeating what the article said, nothing more ..........he's innocent until proven guilty. I thought you knew about laws and such ?? no ?

Just out of curiosity, how you know he wasn't wearing orange?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -fish- said:

He’s been charged with murder based on the fact that he killed a guy that was not presenting a threat to him.   Those are the facts.  It doesn’t really matter if he’s convicted.   You keep trying to justify murder because you can’t ever admit that there is a gun violence problem.

you do not get to decide that - a court of law does

facts are - as the article says - a criminal trespass, attempted robbery/assault with a pickax and the man shot as the criminal approached him then once in the air as the criminal ran

if in fact he shot the guy in the back ( we don't know that ) ... then yes, that's murder. more information will come out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Just out of curiosity, how you know he wasn't wearing orange?

archery season - exceptionally few wear orange, if any

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parrot said:

Meyer fired another shot "into the night" in the direction of the park."

true - not at anyone though as the others interpret the above ........... and it very well might be the man died of gunshot wounds to the back. If he did, then the homeowner was wrong obviously.

if the shot that killed the criminal was to the chest, then that could be justified

courts will figure it out

 

whats sad is a young person threw their life away by making a bad decision by robbing and who knows what he was planning to do ... an elderly man is now facing murder charges .... all this could have been avoided how ? if the criminal hadn't trespassed and the actions he started ..... the homeowner didn't want anything that morning but to sleep. He acted on the choices of a criminal. lose for everyone in this case  :( 

Edited by Stealthycat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 9:01 AM, parasaurolophus said:

Probably going to be hard to find a hunting partner after This

If only he would have fallen out of a tree stand first.

"I mistook him for a deer sleeping with my wife."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

true - not at anyone though as the others interpret the above ...........

And you know this how?  

and it very well might be the man died of gunshot wounds to the back. If he did, then the homeowner was wrong obviously.

FYI: "When officers responded to Meyer’s call in the 5400 block of Philip Avenue, they found the unidentified suspect in the backyard, face down on the ground with a gunshot wound to the back of his neck."

 https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/09/29/police-dallas-man-went-back-to-bed-after-shooting-killing-suspected-burglar/#link={"linkText":"CBS Dallas-Fort Worth","target":"_blank","href":"https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/09/29/police-dallas-man-went-back-to-bed-after-shooting-killing-suspected-burglar/

Edited by parrot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, parrot said:

FYI: "When officers responded to Meyer’s call in the 5400 block of Philip Avenue, they found the unidentified suspect in the backyard, face down on the ground with a gunshot wound to the back of his neck."

and with more information yes that changes what happened .......... shooting someone running away isn't defending anymore in most instances. I can see the courts ruling homicide, I can agree with that 

if you facebook, a great 3 minute listen

https://www.facebook.com/dan.bongino/videos/508948839677805/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

archery season - exceptionally few wear orange, if any

 

So in other words you are making a guess. 

 

3 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

I'm repeating what the article said, nothing more

And...ummmm....errrr.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florida woman 'consumed' by Columbine and Oklahoma City arrested with two dozen pipe bombs

Quote

"It would have taken her less than 60 seconds for her to add that powder and fuse and detonate these bombs," he said.

"These bombs could have caused catastrophic damage and harm to hundreds, even thousands of people," the sheriff said.

 

Quote

The deputies also found pistol powder, "fuse material," 23 knives, two hatchets, nunchucks, two BB rifles, six BB handguns and dozens of books on terrorism and bomb-making at the family's home on Jagged Cloud Drive in Wimauma, about 30 miles south of downtown Tampa

I wonder why they didn't find any guns other than bb guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -fish- said:

Well see what you don't understand is that that man in the bushes was trespassing. If he wouldnt have trespassed and broken the law like that this shooting would have never happened. Also if he was wearing blaze orange with a spotlight shining on him and had on a bulletproof vest whoopie cushion while singing happy birthday the man would have seen him while walking up and would have never been startled. Really had nothing to do with the gun. Also How can you read one article and assume he was even shot? Could be fake news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Well see what you don't understand is that that man in the bushes was trespassing. If he wouldnt have trespassed and broken the law like that this shooting would have never happened. Also if he was wearing blaze orange with a spotlight shining on him and had on a bulletproof vest whoopie cushion while singing happy birthday the man would have seen him while walking up and would have never been startled. Really had nothing to do with the gun. Also How can you read one article and assume he was even shot? Could be fake news. 

He isn’t being criminally charged so nobody did anything wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

So in other words you are making a guess. 

 

no, I am 99.9999999% sure bowhunters never wear orange when there isn't a rifle or muzz season open

but maybe 0.0000001% do

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Really had nothing to do with the gun

yes and no

it had something to do with the gun ... that is was being misued by someone poaching ... the gun didn't assault anyone

but lets not talk about the core problem 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

yes and no

it had something to do with the gun ... that is was being misued by someone poaching ... the gun didn't assault anyone

but lets not talk about the core problem 

Idiots with guns?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

no, I am 99.9999999% sure bowhunters never wear orange when there isn't a rifle or muzz season open

but maybe 0.0000001% do

 

These guys werent bowhunting. They were using guns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

yes and no

it had something to do with the gun ... that is was being misued by someone poaching ... the gun didn't assault anyone

but lets not talk about the core problem 

The guy from norway was poaching in the bushes? Thats weird. Where did you read that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

How do you choose when you lie and when you deflect?  I thought maybe you flip a coin, but sometimes you do both.  Dice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Apple Jack said:

Idiots with guns?

ban idiots - problem solved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, -fish- said:

How do you choose when you lie and when you deflect?  I thought maybe you flip a coin, but sometimes you do both.  Dice?

idiots with cars - is that what you'd call the above? or maybe an assault automobile? how do you solve people running over other people ? just like you solve the people using gun problem ... ban cars

right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

The guy from norway was poaching in the bushes? Thats weird. Where did you read that?

 

no no - the poacher who mistook his friend for a deer - using a rifle in archery season is illegal and poaching

the Norway accident - it was an accident. Accidents happen - if he'd have stabbed him with a knife would you feel better and call it assault knives and assault violence or ?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

These guys werent bowhunting. They were using guns. 

good gawd

archery season was open, gun wasn't

the one was using a gun - poaching ......... in archery season nobody wears flame orange 

you don't hunt, I get it ... .but c'mon man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

good gawd

archery season was open, gun wasn't

the one was using a gun - poaching ......... in archery season nobody wears flame orange 

you don't hunt, I get it ... .but c'mon man

So wait. You think that only one guy was out there using a gun? So even though these guys knew each other and were out hunting in a group, you think only one of them was using a rifle? And you are chastising others for making assumptions based on the article? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gunviolencearchive

How many homeless pipe beatings have we had this year? Or any year? How many deaths by exorcism in this decade? Look at how many people are shot and killed. We can simply do better than we are, and we can do that without a gun ban. 

 

Seems we haven’t had much gun legislation since congress got back from their summer vacation. There was a meeting with the NRA, wonder if Trump said “don’t worry, no one will be talking about gun control after the break, believe me. I’ve been up to my elbows in corruption and Rudy will be going on TV.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mass shootings barely register any more.  Kansas City added to the list.   

Go ahead and defend it, gun nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 12:45 PM, parasaurolophus said:

So wait. You think that only one guy was out there using a gun? So even though these guys knew each other and were out hunting in a group, you think only one of them was using a rifle? And you are chastising others for making assumptions based on the article? 

when deer season archery only is open .... using a rifle to shoot at a deer is illegal, its poaching. 

I did not read of the group how many was in it, were they all poaching, were some bowhunting and others not ..... did you get those details ? I did not, what I can conclude is that the person who had the rifle in their hands was trying to illegally kill a deer - poaching, out of season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 1:59 PM, KCitons said:

4 homeless men killed in brutal overnight rampage in New York City, police say

No gun necessary. 

Would this be classified as a mass assault?

the problem isn't violence or people .... ask -fish

the problem is assault pipes .... ban pipes ..... attack this exactly as -fish and others would attack guns, right ?  or .... ignore it

 

Two witnesses told officers that a man dressed with a black jacket and black pants repeatedly struck one of the victims in the head with a metal object, according to Hughes.

Shortly afterward, authorities "observed a male fitting the description carrying a metal object."

Hughes said officers took the man into custody and "recovered the metal pipe without further incident."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 2:31 PM, KarmaPolice said:

Wait, you don't HAVE to use a gun to kill or hurt another person??!!

:shock:

 

anti-gun people are shocked to think about the possibility but no .... violence can use any object and turn any object into an assault weapon

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 2:48 PM, Snorkelson said:

How many homeless pipe beatings have we had this year? Or any year? How many deaths by exorcism in this decade? Look at how many people are shot and killed. We can simply do better than we are, and we can do that without a gun ban. 

oh yes !!!!  expand .... and lets look at at how people die in general , not just with guns, pipes and exorcism's ..... then, attack the things that are the highest causes of death and work our way down figuring out how to simply be better

FYI semi-auto rifles are way, way, WAY down the list ........... -fish knows it too

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

oh yes !!!!  expand .... and lets look at at how people die in general , not just with guns, pipes and exorcism's ..... then, attack the things that are the highest causes of death and work our way down figuring out how to simply be better

FYI semi-auto rifles are way, way, WAY down the list ........... -fish knows it too

Serious question: why don’t you use a slingshot or blow gun or ninja stars when you hunt or shoot pests/varmints?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -fish- said:

Mass shootings barely register any more.  Kansas City added to the list.   

Go ahead and defend it, gun nuts.

Who defends mass shootings?  Geez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, McJose said:

Serious question: why don’t you use a slingshot or blow gun or ninja stars when you hunt or shoot pests/varmints?

Blow Guns are only good really with poison, illegal in the US. Ninja Stars I'm uncertain on the legality, although I'd think they would be very good at wounding, poor at killing. Sling Shots too.

My weapon of choice hunting is either my Zipper recurve (original Bob Thompson) or Xpedition Xplorer compound. I can kill anything in North America with it. That said .... if I'm on the ground, and after AK brown bear? I'd like to have a big revolver handy just in case. If I'm wanting top protect my home from intruders? I don't want to nock, draw, hold, and try to find my peep in the middle of the night for a 1 shot attempt at defense. 

That's the way it is with all my tools, I use them what they're best suited for. An AR15 is a great home defense gun and larger caliber great deer/hog etc guns as well. They're semi-auto rifles - nothing more. Don't let the zealots fool ya

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 2:38 PM, Ramblin Wreck said:

Who defends mass shootings?  Geez

Right?  'Cause that would be completely insane and morally bankrupt.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.