What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official Indianapolis Colts 2019 thread** Finally something to get excited about (1 Viewer)

:rolleyes: ....I Tuxedo T-Shirt would at least be funny. These are BILLION dollar companies...what's next shorts and flip flops on stage at the NFL draft? Maybe if he looked that part I could have taken the "rivalry" comment seriously...it just came off weak.....like his out fit. 
More and more billion dollar companies are going away from suits and ties - whether you like it or not, that horse is out of the barn.

Wait, you think those videos contradict what I said and support your position?

Never mind - you're just here to troll another team topic, like you did the Browns. Guess you'll be seeing another vacation from here again soon. Enjoy.
I don't Troll I speak the truth without sugar coating. 

Now you are just boring me.  Really a trolls biggest failure.
Whatever. I'd bet $100 bucks this guy is out on his ### in 3 years. He turned a team that was 8-8 into a 4-12 doormat and can't even dress the part. Between that and a owner who can't get his life straight even with all the $ in the world, I feel bad for Luck....

Colts fans=Homers grasping a straws 

Media= Just happy to have something to talk about post-super bowl
Hardly grasping at straws if he looked like the slob that you suggest. But no criticism of his outfit from anyone, Colts fans, Colts haters or those that are completely indifferent to the team. And many in the media would love to mention it if they thought that he looked unprofessional and that would certainly give them something to talk about, but none have said a word so far, so obviously they don't have any problem with it.

If you want to continue arguing his attire with others, go ahead, however, I am finished discussing this topic. Have a good day, sir.

Whatever. I'd bet $100 bucks this guy is out on his ### in 3 years. He turned a team that was 8-8 into a 4-12 doormat and can't even dress the part. Between that and a owner who can't get his life straight even with all the $ in the world, I feel bad for Luck....

I don’t get the venom.  Did the Colts fire your mom from her janitorial job at the stadium or something?

Hardly grasping at straws if he looked like the slob that you suggest. But no criticism of his outfit from anyone, Colts fans, Colts haters or those that are completely indifferent to the team. And many in the media would love to mention it if they thought that he looked unprofessional and that would certainly give them something to talk about, but none have said a word so far, so obviously they don't have any problem with it.

If you want to continue arguing his attire with others, go ahead, however, I am finished discussing this topic. Have a good day, sir.
The Media is the last to criticize someone they want to interview in the future. I'm done with this topic as well. Like I said he has done little to improve this team on the field, so I don't expect he will be there long. This team is a hot mess. 

Nope, I just don't kiss the ring of a rich person who decides to brush off a crumb of his shirt and share it with the masses. Offering to spend 50K on funerals is to him like it's me getting a starbucks....big deal. Nevermind that he is a drug addict and has run a quality franchise into the ground. 
How much do you think this guy makes?  Better question—how much do you make?

How much do you think this guy makes?  Better question—how much do you make?
P.S. My Comment on "a rich person" was in reference to the Owner getting praise for s small act of charity that means nothing to him. I corrected it when I realized it did not apply to the commend made. 

Zak Keefer‏ @zkeefer 8h8 hours ago

Chris Ballard on Andrew Luck:

"At this point we feel very strongly that Andrew Luck is in a good place. We don't believe he needs surgery ... we're very confident he's going to prove people wrong."

For what it's worth, a different source told me the same yesterday.

Reich in town today. Leslie Frazier scheduled for tomorrow. I would prefer the offensive mind but Frazier is close to Irsay and some people think he is the right guy.

If Reich is the guy, any thoughts on who his choice for OC might be ? 

I think Vrabel might end up being the one who got away.

If Reich is the guy, any thoughts on who his choice for OC might be ? 

I think Vrabel might end up being the one who got away.
 I like what Reich brings to the table.  As for OC,Jake Peetz, quarterbacks coach for the Oakland Raiders, has been mentioned, as is Darrell Bevell, who had been the Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator for seven seasons, was reported by NFL Network's Ian Rapoport as the potential Colts OC under Josh McDaniels.  As for Vrabel, who knows if he will work out where he went.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, for the record Ryan Grigson used to roll out in a suit for all his pressers and he was about as useless as the suits he wore, so no I honestly don't really care what Ballard wears when he comes out to announce to us that he just got stiffed by McDaniels.   In fact, I'm not sure who is more to blame, Grigson or Irsay?  Oh well, but at least they dressed very nicely while they piloted this franchise right into the ground.

Secondly, the Colts MUST fix this line.  It was the WORST in pass protection last year, not bad, not horrible but dead last.  I'll tell you what worries more than anything, sticking Luck out there, with this line, after all this time, ugh.  It's just a disaster waiting to happen, like a career ending disaster, I mean that's assuming he even comes back.   I'm not so sure the Colts shouldn't select a QB at third.  I think the best move to make would be to trade down for O linemen, I don't know, maybe get a lower first and a 3rd or 4th and just load up on linemen, I dunno.  As Duke Tomato used to say "Lord help our Colts!"

Playing devils advocate a bit...

This move comes off as desperate. Spurned by McDaniels and almost instantly going to the team that beat them seems hasty. At his stage no team needs a HC. They could have interviewed tons of candidates. 

Playing devils advocate a bit...

This move comes off as desperate. Spurned by McDaniels and almost instantly going to the team that beat them seems hasty. At his stage no team needs a HC. They could have interviewed tons of candidates. 
From what I've read the Colts interviewed McDaniels, Matt Nagy, Mike Vrabel, Matt Ruhle and Kris Richard - scheduled an interview with Steve Wilks but then canceled that one.  I'm hoping Reich works out, seems like a good dude, I do worry about his lack of experience and getting fired from the Chargers in 2016 as OC there but we'll see, I have high hopes for him.

Justin Henson‏ @JustinTBF 3h3 hours ago

Bill Polian just cleared up why Reich wasn't interviewed in the first round. Reich told his agent and attorney he wouldn't take interviews during the playoffs as to not mess with preparations.

Amazing how the NFL works isn’t it? Fired from the Chargers OC position in 2016. Wentz and Foles light it up and suddenly he gets the credit and is a hot HC name. I’m not saying he won’t be a good HC but the NFL is such a recency bias league.

Amazing how the NFL works isn’t it? Fired from the Chargers OC position in 2016. Wentz and Foles light it up and suddenly he gets the credit and is a hot HC name. I’m not saying he won’t be a good HC but the NFL is such a recency bias league.
Mike mccoy was trying to save his ### and it didnt work. Hc usually blame a oc/dc. Mccoy was swept out 12 months later

So are the defensive coaches that McDaniels "hired" still under contract or can Reich bring in whoever he wants on defense?

So are the defensive coaches that McDaniels "hired" still under contract or can Reich bring in whoever he wants on defense?
The Colts will honor the contracts of the assistants recruited by McDaniels.  Those include Matt Eberflus as defensive coordinator, Mike Phair as the defensive line coach and Dave DeGuglielmo as the offensive line coach.

I hope Reich hires an OC that will call plays.  Reich's strength will be leadership, game planning (yes, he was big in the SB offensive game planning even though he didn't call the plays), organization, and player evaluation.   If all the other parts are doing their job, then you have a well oiled machine.

To be fair, Reich spent 4 years with the Colts and was very close to Peyton Manning. He was with team when they lost to New Orleans in the Superbowl.

I am excited to see what Matt Eberflus brings to the table as DC. He was well regarded in Dallas. 

I don't know much about Sirianni.  It says he's a riser, but what does that really mean?  What do those who follow the Chargers think about this hire?

Colts hired Chargers WRs coach Nick Sirianni as offensive coordinator.

Sirianni has spent time as both a QBs and WRs coach at the NFL level for the Bolts. The 36-year-old is an out-of-the-box hire, but that's to be expected at this stage of the hiring process. It was either new coach Frank Reich go with a riser like Sirianni or employ a retread of Darrell Bevell's ilk. We like the Sirianni choice after he and Reich worked together in San Diego. Sirianni has seen wideouts like Keenan Allen and Tyrell Williams blossom under his tutelage in recent years.

I don't know much about Sirianni.  It says he's a riser, but what does that really mean?  What do those who follow the Chargers think about this hire?

Colts hired Chargers WRs coach Nick Sirianni as offensive coordinator.

Sirianni has spent time as both a QBs and WRs coach at the NFL level for the Bolts. The 36-year-old is an out-of-the-box hire, but that's to be expected at this stage of the hiring process. It was either new coach Frank Reich go with a riser like Sirianni or employ a retread of Darrell Bevell's ilk. We like the Sirianni choice after he and Reich worked together in San Diego. Sirianni has seen wideouts like Keenan Allen and Tyrell Williams blossom under his tutelage in recent years.
To be honest. I never heard of him. Frank knows him from his time with the chargers. Perhaps frank does what dougie balls did and calls the plays not sure what an oc does when the hc calls plays..  

Reich was asked in the presser if he loves or hates McDaniels for what happened, and he had the best answer...he paused, kinda smiled and said "the backup role has suited me well in my career".

The room laughed and applauded.

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread