What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Rookies (1 Viewer)

Crippler

IBL Representative
I have to make a pickup in league and making sure list looks good

1. RoQuan Smith LB. This one is easy. Star in the making

2. Rashaan Evans LB. Inside who should be first round pick

3. Malik Jeffrrson LB. I worry about work ethic but talent is huge

4. Bradley Chubb. DE. His value goes down if drafted by Indy as OLB

5. Tremaine Edmonds LB. Will he be everything type of player

6. Leighton Vander Esch LB. 2nd or 3rd but PPoz qualities

7. Derwin James S. Tough one as does Fitzpatrick play CB or S or Ramsey like

8. Marcus Davenport DEVery raw but better chance to be DE

9. Marcus Allen S. Good looking DB add again

10. MIcah Kizer LB. 3rd or later pick but some nice landing spots

11. Mincah Fitzpatrick DB. Not sure what to think fantasy wise

12. Jerome Baker LB. More of. 4-3 Will LB type. 

13. Sam Hubbard DE. Good chance to play but where will he be drafted

14. Dorian O’Daniel LB. Smaller fast guy

15.Ronnie Harrison S. Forgot him

Other Names

Edge. Harold Landry/Arden Keys. Have tough time with these as value increases nicely in 4-3

LB. Josey Jewell, Tegray Scales, Jack Cichy  Right draft spot would increase

DE. Rasheem Greene

S. Kyzir White, Armani Watts, Jordan Whitehead. Good year for S if you need upgrade

Now most are taken in league already. 6, 12, 14 Scales, Cichy, Greene, Whitehead, Watts not. So tough as could go guys like Allen Lazard, Jordan Lasely or D.J. Chark also. Have 2 days left. 

Last edited by a moderator:
k. I don't agree, go look at his ability in coverage for his size and I think you'll see a player that should at least be No.2 LB prospect. IMO

k. I don't agree, go look at his ability in coverage for his size and I think you'll see a player that should at least be No.2 LB prospect. IMO
He could move up to two if drafted in right spot. Maybe even top spot if going to Oakland to be MLB.  He kind of reminds me of Hassan Reddick last year who ended up high on fantasy on chance of playing inside. But he can also drop if drafted by Packers to take OLB spot there. It is the Chubb that could be the same. If you drafted today, do you want that risk or take Evans who will be playing middle or inside and 3 down LB. I probably don’t risk Chubb because of the Indy connection but like Tampa or Cleveland. Be tough to choose today but the risk of destination for the upside, just not there. 

In real life, probably. I'd love it if he became a Titan. 

In FF? Guess it depends on your scoring system but with Evans also being really good and virtually a lock to stay inside, in most leagues Evans will probably be more valuable.

I think we may be talking past each other.  The OP’s list is for FF.  Are you speaking to his NFL value or his FF value?

In all likelihood Indy will be switching to a base 4-3. Rookie DEs however usually don't come off the board until Round 3+ in fantasyland.

Roquan Smith projects to WLB and would be a nice fit in Oakland (another team expected to use more 4-3 alignments). If he lands inside in a 3-4 (Washington comes to mind) his upside takes a hit.

Edmunds is a freak but as stated probably won't rack up the tackles needed for LB1 status in fantasy. Evans is not near the NFL prospect Edmunds is but should play a more fantasy friendly position.

Derwin James could be the best fantasy producer after Smith but DB production is very difficult to forecast.

In all likelihood Indy will be switching to a base 4-3. Rookie DEs however usually don't come off the board until Round 3+ in fantasyland.

Roquan Smith projects to WLB and would be a nice fit in Oakland (another team expected to use more 4-3 alignments). If he lands inside in a 3-4 (Washington comes to mind) his upside takes a hit.

Edmunds is a freak but as stated probably won't rack up the tackles needed for LB1 status in fantasy. Evans is not near the NFL prospect Edmunds is but should play a more fantasy friendly position.

Derwin James could be the best fantasy producer after Smith but DB production is very difficult to forecast.
I don't agree with that at all, and even the example you use disproves that.  CJ Moseley, Shazier, Zach Brown, anyone from CHI, Demario Davis, Woodyard, Bowman for years in SFO and Willis before him - playing ILB has plenty of opportunity. 

Your point is well taken. I didn't mean he couldn't be productive inside in a 3-4 just that I like his upside much better at WILL or naturally as a MIKE in a 4-3.

I think he'd benefit playing behind a 4 man line in terms of staying clean to use his range and speed as a 6'1" 225lb backer.

The players you mentioned have performed well but some are a bit heavier (Moseley, Brown, Bowman, Willis) or play behind an imposing 3 man front.

Jonathan Vilma is probably a good comp for Roquan Smith and I concur that Smith has the goods to produce in any defense. 

Got to thinking with post in shark Pool. Is this class better this year. I think so

DL. Garrett, Barnett, Thomas, Harris, Allen., Charlton, McKinnley. I think I like this core slightly better. Garrett slightly ahead of Chubb who with Ondy going to 4-3 is almost certainly a De as see Indy, Cleveland or Tampa as landing spot. Davenport kind of Barnett. The key will be some lower guys and the edge group if it can be better

LB. Foster, Davis, Reddick, Cunningham, McMillian, Anzalone, Watt,  I think this years crop is way better and way deeper. This is where this draft wins in my opinion as the stronger draft for IDP. (I also like for O and even more if Superflex or 2 QB.)

DB. Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, Baker, Evans.  I again like this years crop overall better. It is why you are going to see some good RB and LB drop to round 3-4 this year. Better CB and OL. 

Agree or disagree?

I’ll disagree with this.  If he works out the raw aspects of of his game, this kids projects out to an ideal 3-4 SLB given his size, run stopping skills and coverage ability.  That would likely make him a much more valuable guy on the field than a FF asset.
Agreed.

Anthony Barr comes immediately to mind in terms of the way Edmunds could be deployed. 

NFL asset, FFB not as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tremaine Edmonds should be no lower than No.2.

I’ll disagree with this.  If he works out the raw aspects of of his game, this kids projects out to an ideal 3-4 SLB given his size, run stopping skills and coverage ability.  That would likely make him a much more valuable guy on the field than a FF asset.
I'll straddle the "we'll see" fence on this one.  If he's deployed outside in 3-4 then yeah, in many formats he's gonna struggle to produce FF value.  I've seen a lot of comps though so if he plays in a more productive role like MIKE or inside 3-4 he could be worthy of the 2nd spot.  I think it will likely be well after fantasy drafts though that we find out definitively enough so I'll likely be passing on him at his ADP.

Users who are viewing this thread