What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread (1 Viewer)

I like them all better than the OT projected here.
The only first round prospect O-lineman that I've heard the Steelers having interest in is Cody Ford. This pick would make sense because Foster doesn't have much time left, and the team could let Finney walk next offseason. I wouldn't like this pick, so hopefully it won't happen, but Ford is talented. 

Right now I want the Steelers to go ILB, OLB, DL, or TE in the first, mainly because of how the rest of the draft seems to shake out if we do that. I think we have a good shot at getting a great WR or CB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, so I think we can wait on those positions. ILB is the dream, but only if Bush or White is the pick. If we don't get them in the 1st, I hope we wait and take 2 ILBs later, maybe Dodson and David Long.

OLB I'm mainly looking at Burns or Sweat, possibly Ferrell, but I think that Ferrell reminds me of a much more athletic Jarvis Jones. He got lots of sacks in big games, but it was because other players pushed the QB out of the pocket and he ended up with the sack. I think that Wilkins or Lawrence are better picks. There is a lot of DL talent at the top of this draft, and if QBs, TEs, ILBs, and OT go in front of us, there could be some ridiculous DL talent at 20. 

TE, we have 0 depth and a TE who gets hurt often. Fant appears to be an athletic freak with the skills to be a threat, but didn't quite perform up to expectations in college. Hopefully that's just because Hockenson is such an incredible TE. If either is available at 20, and some combo of Murray, Haskins, Bosa, Quinnen, Josh Allen, White, Bush, Burns, Sweat, Gary, Wilkins, Oliver, and Lawrence are gone, I think we could definitely go TE instead of CB in the first.

Speaking of CBs, I have 0 clue what order I'd put the top 3 in, but I don't feel great about any of them. I think I'd have Baker at the top because of his play against tough SEC competition, but I don't think that the top 3 are so far and away better than the 2nd tier that we shouldn't just wait until rounds 2 or 3 to grab CB help. 

Per Jeremy Fowler:  Steelers dipping into @TheAAF pool. The team is expected to sign center J.C. Hassenauer pending a physical, per source. Hassenauer spent time on Falcons practice squad before playing for Birmingham Iron of Alliance.

I was kinda hoping they'd pick off one of the top 2 corners from the AAF.  A backup center with hopefully some position flexibility doesn't hurt, but isn't a need.

Per Jeremy Fowler:  Steelers dipping into @TheAAF pool. The team is expected to sign center J.C. Hassenauer pending a physical, per source. Hassenauer spent time on Falcons practice squad before playing for Birmingham Iron of Alliance.

I was kinda hoping they'd pick off one of the top 2 corners from the AAF.  A backup center with hopefully some position flexibility doesn't hurt, but isn't a need.
Hassenauer was a reserve guard/center for most of his time in school but played extremely well when given the opportunity. He started in the National Championship and graded out as Alabama’s best offensive lineman in that game. After an impressive pro day, Hassenauer got the attention of some scouts. He’s a versatile player that could add some badly-needed extra depth behind starting center Alex Mack.

Loses his mind?  Ok, whatever.😁

But that was 2+ years ago, he's a solid dude, ND was getting pounded that day, long season, frustrated, learned from it and moved on.

He's not Tuitt tho.   

I can see the Steelers calling Burns' name.  All these high picks on D, hopefully they start to pay off, Cam, Tuitt, Watt, Dupree, Davis, Burns, Edmunds, Hargrave(Jarvis and Shazier too)....should be Steel Curtain 2 around here with all that invested.

I can see the Steelers calling Burns' name.  All these high picks on D, hopefully they start to pay off, Cam, Tuitt, Watt, Dupree, Davis, Burns, Edmunds, Hargrave(Jarvis and Shazier too)....should be Steel Curtain 2 around here with all that invested.
This is part of the reason I think that the Steelers might actually use all 10 picks instead of combining them to move up, just because they've used a lot of picks at the top on D and it hasn't quite worked out. Maybe by taking the scattershot approach like some other teams we might have more success. More picks increase the odds of more viable players, as long as they can discern the talent within Training Camp and Preseason and not cut players that go on to future success. 

I would be ok with him at 52, and happy with him at 66. He has flown up analyst big boards, but he's not as athletic as other prospects, and I'm not sure he has the upside that many other players do. I'd rather take Savage at 52, but he's moving up too. 

I saw a mock yesterday where the Ravens traded up to 18 to take Devin Bush. If that happens, I'm gonna lose it. 

The top 3 CBs are growing on me, but I still think there will be great value somewhere else if we let players fall to us. 
I sort of view the top cb prospects as all fairly even. I'd be happy if the Steelers waited until rd 2 or 3 for a cb and they go bpa in rds 1 and 2.

AB and JuJu have now had a back and forth on twitter... apparently the being jealous of him being team MVP rumors were 100% true.

If he becomes a complete a$$hole like his predecessor I'm really gonna be pissed.
He seems to be a lot more self aware and appears to be a genuinely good person. He's visible in the community and volunteers his time. AB was known to show up late, or not at all, to volunteer events for kids. I think we just ignored the signs that he's a d**k because he played so great. 

AB started taking shots at him out of the blue for his fumble in the New Orleans game. AB has shown himself to be a clueless, classless putz, especially since JuJu took responsibility for the loss and blamed it all on himself  (and the day it happened, not like 3 months later). AB always struck me as a classy guy who maybe liked fun too much (actual fun like TD dances, not partying and whoring around). His metamorphosis into what we see today is totally bizarre and caught me completely off guard. Maybe he's always been this way and just hid it well, but the two personas are so vastly different that it doesn't seem like they could coexist in the same body. I'm shuked  :shrug:

Anyways, I thought JuJu handled it well.

If he becomes a complete a$$hole like his predecessor I'm really gonna be pissed.
Okay that's fine but from here on out JuJu needs to stop responding to Mr. Big Chest.    

As much of a nightmare as the off season has been,you have to admit it has created some interesting things to watch for in 2019.

After all of these mocks, I'd be willing to bet the Steelers' first round draft pick comes from one of four players:  Devin Bush or one of the top 3 CBs.

I'd be extremely surprised at anything else.

After all of these mocks, I'd be willing to bet the Steelers' first round draft pick comes from one of four players:  Devin Bush or one of the top 3 CBs.

If they don't go CB or Bush, I think it's D-line. I think that could be the surprise pick.

If we trade back in the 1st I think we go CB or WR, and if we trade up I think our only target is Bush. 

If they don't go CB or Bush, I think it's D-line. I think that could be the surprise pick.

If we trade back in the 1st I think we go CB or WR, and if we trade up I think our only target is Bush. 
with the FA signing of Nelson, I am thinking less and less CB. If Bush is gone, I could see Edge or (if one of the Iowa TE's fall) TE. Both of those positions are extremely thin. 

I hope they don't reach for Mack Wilson @ 20

What D-line prospects at 20 would fit the Steelers? 

Im coming around on Brian Burns.  His length, speed and willingness to just lay out or throw his body into the mix in a reckless style is endearing. Then when he talks football, techniques, and x-n-o's he is very dialed in.

Steelers have Byron Murphy and Deandre Baker in for visits. The main reason I didn't think we were going CB was because we only had Greedy in, and his stock has been dropping. Now that we've had the other 2 top CBs in for a workout, I think it's more likely we go CB if the Steelers don't move up. 

I don't see the Steelers taking a TE in the first round.   I think if Vance can stay healthy they already have a decent weapon there.   They do need TE depth but you don't use your #1 on depth.   Now if Hockenson was there at #20 I would grab him in a heartbeat but he won't and as much as I like Fant as a receiving TE they have greater needs elsewhere.

Assuming the two Devins are gone then the Steelers will take either Baker or Murphy, possibly Burns.

I don't see the Steelers taking a TE in the first round.   I think if Vance can stay healthy they already have a decent weapon there.   They do need TE depth but you don't use your #1 on depth.   Now if Hockenson was there at #20 I would grab him in a heartbeat but he won't and as much as I like Fant as a receiving TE they have greater needs elsewhere.

Assuming the two Devins are gone then the Steelers will take either Baker or Murphy, possibly Burns.
Or Williams

agree 100% with the bolded. If somehow Hockenson fell and Bush is gone, he would be my #1 choice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
they must have updated since your post. Harmon is going to Buffalo at 40. The 3rd rounders for the Steelers are Hakeem Butler and some guy I don't know (Oshane Ximines)
I meant Butler, sorry.  I'm ok with Butler in the 3rd.  Harmon would be better of course, but Butler in the 3rd is a decent pick.  As an ND fan, I like Mack in the 7th too, but I don't like Fant in round 1 and it fails to adequately address the defensive needs, in my opinion.

I meant Butler, sorry.  I'm ok with Butler in the 3rd.  Harmon would be better of course, but Butler in the 3rd is a decent pick.  As an ND fan, I like Mack in the 7th too, but I don't like Fant in round 1 and it fails to adequately address the defensive needs, in my opinion.
what are you thoughts on Miles Boykin?

I wouldn’t. I have seen DK Metcalf dropping as well — he I would run to the podium for 
I don't know, he reminds me of the other Combine Warriors who are athletic, but not great WRs (Kevin White/Brashad Perriman).  He's jacked and can run fast, but his catching ability is mediocre, his route running ability is limited, and he gets hurt a lot. I'm not sure any WR this year is worth a top 25 pick with so much defensive talent on the board. 

I love the guy.  I think he was underutilized in ND's offense, has great measurables and the ability to shine in the right system.  I'd be pretty happy with him in a Steelers uniform for a 4th.
big fan as well. Hoping the Steelers can find a way to get him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, he reminds me of the other Combine Warriors who are athletic, but not great WRs (Kevin White/Brashad Perriman).  He's jacked and can run fast, but his catching ability is mediocre, his route running ability is limited, and he gets hurt a lot. I'm not sure any WR this year is worth a top 25 pick with so much defensive talent on the board. 
I really hope we don't take a WR with a #1.

Whenever I see a mock draft with Devin Bush falling past pick #20, I know that the person writing the mock hasn't done enough research. 

Users who are viewing this thread