What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread (3 Viewers)

I am not opposed to Fant. The CB class is deep and there's a big drop-off after the top 2 linebackers. Fant will essentially be another receiving weapon for Ben.

I think there is an outside chance that Devin White makes it to Detroit at #8.  If that is the case then I wouldn't be opposed to packaging up the #1, #2, and #4 to move up and land him since he is considered a near can't-miss pick.   I'd like to hold on to those two #3s though.   I think Devin Bush is going to drop to us so I definitely would not trade up more than a few spots to secure him.   If you can't work a deal then just stand pat and take Burns or one of the CBs.  

The Steelers needs at OLB and CB are just as great s he will be long gone by 20.   

You would not hear one single ##### from me if they got Fant or Hockenson. Especially now knowing the Steelers have no desire to overwork their 1st round pick. I guess it’s been evident in the past but Colbert clarifying it means we should stop looking for massive impacts from rookie classes. 

Ideal draft for me right now is trading our 2nd 3rd round pick to move up a couple spots and grab Devin Bush, then landing Greedy Williams in the 2nd because he falls a ridiculous amount, getting Kelvin Harmon in the beginning of the 3rd, and grabbing a Safety, DL, Edge, and 2nd ILB later in the draft.

Ideal draft for me right now is trading our 2nd 3rd round pick to move up a couple spots and grab Devin Bush, then landing Greedy Williams in the 2nd because he falls a ridiculous amount, getting Kelvin Harmon in the beginning of the 3rd, and grabbing a Safety, DL, Edge, and 2nd ILB later in the draft.
Love it - except need a TE at some point. Prob in the 4th in this scenario

Last edited by a moderator:
starting to see  Rock Ya-Sin mocked to the Steelers in the 1st...god I hope not!

If that is the case, drop down and pick up some other picks you can use to move up in rounds 2-4 

Would like him in the 2nd.

starting to see  Rock Ya-Sin mocked to the Steelers in the 1st...god I hope not!

If that is the case, drop down and pick up some other picks you can use to move up in rounds 2-4 

Would like him in the 2nd.
I saw one mock like that. He is rising fast but I feel like people are just throwing stuff out there now. Time to just sit back and Trust The Process. 

3 years seems about right for Ben and defines the window.  
i don't know about that 3rd year.   Then we are reaching that Peyton Manning territory where his shaky last year was covered up by a great defense.  Something right now the team doesn't really have.   Would have gone 2 year contract easily

Kinds of funny that Ben gets a new contract when a few mocks actually had the Steelers drafting the QB from Duke 

i don't know about that 3rd year.   Then we are reaching that Peyton Manning territory where his shaky last year was covered up by a great defense.  Something right now the team doesn't really have.   Would have gone 2 year contract easily

Kinds of funny that Ben gets a new contract when a few mocks actually had the Steelers drafting the QB from Duke 
I doubt that Ben would have been willing to sign only a 1 year extension.  I think it would be premature to draft another QB.

He could sign a 10 year contract, 20 years.  When he says he is done, he is done.  Steelers wont ever let him go to another team, and I doubt he would ever want to.

I'm more worried about fixing the defense by the time he does leave.  Wont be able to give up many points with no QB.

I'd like 3 out of the first 4 picks to be on defense, would love to haul in a draft like Timmons and Woodley with the first 2.

But I would not be shocked at all to see them pick OL in 1st rd.  

freeing up some cap for Tre Boston?
I don't think this will free up much if any cap space.   His cap for 2019 is currently 23.2M, the extension add $68M more so that's 89M to be allocated over only 3 years so I don't know if the 23.2M cap hit for this year can be reduced.

moondog said:
I don't think this will free up much if any cap space.   His cap for 2019 is currently 23.2M, the extension add $68M more so that's 89M to be allocated over only 3 years so I don't know if the 23.2M cap hit for this year can be reduced.
Yeah I was a bit surprised but I guess that is the going rate for a top 10 QB.

My 7-round mock for the Steelers.  I don't expect them to keep all 10 picks but I am too lazy to get into trade scenarios.   

FIRST ROUND PICK (20):   ILB Devin Bush, Michigan

SECOND ROUND PICK (52):   CB Justin Layne,  Michigan State

THIRD ROUND PICKS (66):  OLB D'Andre Walker, Georgia     (83) WR Terry McLaurin, Ohio State

FOURTH ROUND PICK (122):  G Michael Jordan, Ohio State

FIFTH ROUND PICK (141):  TE Foster Moreau, LSU

SIXTH ROUND PICKS (175):  S Malik Gant, Marshall   (192) RB Travis Homer, Florida     (207)  ILB Emeke Egbule, Houston

SEVENTH ROUND PICK (219):  P Jack Fox, Rice

https://steelcityblitz.com/steeldads-2019-steelers-mock-draft/

I hope it goes according to this mock.  

Round One (Pick 20)

Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson 6’4″ 264 lbs

Round Two (Pick 52)

Justin Layne, CB, MSU 6’2″ 193 lbs

Round Three (Pick 66 from OAK)

Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama 6’1″ 240 lbs

Round Three (Pick 83)

Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame 6’4″ 220 lb

Round Four (Pick 122)

Foster Moreau, TE, LSU 6’4″ 253 lbs

Round Five (Pick 141 from OAK)

Daylon Mack, DT, Texas A&M 6’1″ 336 lbs

Round Six (Pick 175 from OAK)

Travis Homer, RB, Miami, FL 5’10” 201 lbs

Round Six (Pick 192)

Ulysees Gilbert III, LB, Akron 6′ 0″ 228 lbs

Round Six (Pick 207 from ARZ)

Michael Dogbe, DL, Temple 6’3″ 286 lbs 

Round Seven (Pick 219 from TB)

Stephen Denmark, CB, Valdosta St. 6’3″ 220 lbs

Round One (Pick 20)

Round Two (Pick 52)

Round Three (Pick 83)

Round Four (Pick 122)

Round Six (Pick 192)

I am good with this

My 7-round mock for the Steelers.  I don't expect them to keep all 10 picks but I am too lazy to get into trade scenarios.   

FIRST ROUND PICK (20):   ILB Devin Bush, Michigan

SECOND ROUND PICK (52):   CB Justin Layne,  Michigan State

THIRD ROUND PICKS (66):  OLB D'Andre Walker, Georgia     (83) WR Terry McLaurin, Ohio State

FOURTH ROUND PICK (122):  G Michael Jordan, Ohio State

FIFTH ROUND PICK (141):  TE Foster Moreau, LSU

SIXTH ROUND PICKS (175):  S Malik Gant, Marshall   (192) RB Travis Homer, Florida     (207)  ILB Emeke Egbule, Houston

SEVENTH ROUND PICK (219):  P Jack Fox, Rice

Round One (Pick 20)

Round Two (Pick 52)

Round Three (Pick 83)

Round Four (Pick 122)

Round Six (Pick 192)

would love either of these

I am reading more and more that the Steelers are going to take Rock Ya-Sin at #20 and if they do I am going to be pissed.  He is a good player with potential and if they trade down later to get him okay but not at 20.  I am sick of their first round reaches.    

I am reading more and more that the Steelers are going to take Rock Ya-Sin at #20 and if they do I am going to be pissed.  He is a good player with potential and if they trade down later to get him okay but not at 20.  I am sick of their first round reaches.    
I posted the same thing yesterday. Read that Tomlin really likes him and seems like a typical Steelers reach  :thumbdown:

No way Bush makes it to 20.  If the Steelers move up, I hear Detroit wants out of the 8 pick. Maybe throw the 2 picks in they got for Antonio and possibly another 6th and wala.

No way Bush makes it to 20.  If the Steelers move up, I hear Detroit wants out of the 8 pick. Maybe throw the 2 picks in they got for Antonio and possibly another 6th and wala.
I think he might slip and if he doesn't there are plenty of other good players to go after.  No way I give up that high #3.  

would prob take more like 20+52 or 20+66+83 to move up. Unless they would be interested in a player like Dupree or Burns

The amount being rumored to take to get to 8 to get one of the LB’s is preposterous. 3 top 100 picks plus one next year. Just take friggin Cashman.

Mark Kaboly‏Verified account @MarkKaboly 21s22 seconds ago

Steelers give up 20, 52 and 2020 third-rounder. @TheAthleticPGH

Users who are viewing this thread