What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The ***OFFICIAL*** 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread (4 Viewers)

Anybody that thinks that Mason Rudolph is a 1st round pick should delete anything he ever said about Mitchell Trubinsky in last year's draft

As much as they are hyping the pick on NFL Network, I assume that Ryan Shazier is going to make the pick for us 

#### Penny going early  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what to think about this pick. Everything I read indicated this guy was a late 2nd to 3rd round pick. He has freakish size/speed/explosion measurables and is a good tackler but gets lost in coverage sometimes and takes bad angles to the ball. Is it coaching that solves the ills and allows him to flourish as a box safety? I sure hope so. He's super raw. 

Brandon Hunt (head scout) was noted as having been pleased that S Terrell Edmunds did not run the 3-cone or shuttles after the VT pro-day. Saying his traits were undeniable (in person).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what to think about this pick. Everything I read indicated this guy was a late 2nd to 3rd round pick. He has freakish size/speed/explosion measurables and is a good tackler but gets lost in coverage sometimes and takes bad angles to the ball. Is it coaching that solves the ills and allows him to flourish as a box safety? I sure hope so. He's super raw. 
I feel like it's definitely a reach, but they must've seen something they liked and it is definitely a position of need.  Is he there later?  Maybe.

Its a home-run swing at a sideline to sideline type of impact safety.

Steelers FO is one of the few I trust. They’ve been bad at picking CB’s but they have been hitting it out of the park on damn near every other position. If they like Edmunds as a moving chess piece so be it.

I feel like it's definitely a reach, but they must've seen something they liked and it is definitely a position of need.  Is he there later?  Maybe.
Hard to say. There had been some recent buzz on him, so he may not have made it to 60. I just don't get why they refuse to trade back to the early 2nd. They just won't do it. F the 5th year option. 

Hard to say. There had been some recent buzz on him, so he may not have made it to 60. I just don't get why they refuse to trade back to the early 2nd. They just won't do it. F the 5th year option. 
5th year option is gold. They know it too. Every front office should.

5th year option is gold. They know it too. Every front office should.
Depending on what they could have gotten to move back and still get Edmunds, I'd rather have an extra pick than a 5th year option on him. Just re-sign him after 4 years if he's good. They're paying Shazier 9 million this year on his 5tj year option, so it can be a double-edged sword. 

Users who are viewing this thread