What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keep Carr or Mahommes? (1 Viewer)

Patriots24

Footballguy
Between Carr's bad season, Mahommes becoming the starter, and my leagues odd scoring I was wondering which one you guys think I should keep. 

.5 per completion

.05 per yard

6 per td

Are there any round or salary cap implications associated with keeping one over the other?  What other QB's would be available if Mahomes flames out and isn't up to the hype?  How long can you keep a player?  Can you keep both over some other player?  Does your team need upside at the QB position to have a chance to win, in a rebuild mode, or a title contender?  

Many variables that would factor into deciding which player to keep but in a vacuum with nothing else known but the scoring system I would go with Carr as the safer play at this point and I would keep him.  It is very close and tomorrow I might go the other way.

Are there any round or salary cap implications associated with keeping one over the other?  What other QB's would be available if Mahomes flames out and isn't up to the hype?  How long can you keep a player?  Can you keep both over some other player?  Does your team need upside at the QB position to have a chance to win, in a rebuild mode, or a title contender?  

Many variables that would factor into deciding which player to keep but in a vacuum with nothing else known but the scoring system I would go with Carr as the safer play at this point and I would keep him.  It is very close and tomorrow I might go the other way.
Another consideration is if the rest of the team is competitive or not. If not roll with Mahomes for upside. If competitive then Carr is the safer play.

It would be great if you could keep both.  Sounds like that is not possible, so I would take Mahomes.  This is based on the small sample size of one game, but he looks like real deal.  If he is able to emulate Alex Smith's lack of turnovers, you should like that choice.  One wildcard is if Chucky can clean up Carr's game. Felt like he really regressed last year.

Users who are viewing this thread