Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KarmaPolice

FD Super Bowl entries

33 posts in this topic

Anybody else trying this? 2 game slates are bad enough, but not sure how to attack this.  I assume best is to get 2 qbs in there with one in the 2x flex, but that leaves you with little else.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is how I playedit:  Brady and Foles, then added around them the best I could. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FatNate said:

That is how I playedit:  Brady and Foles, then added around them the best I could. 

Yep, but as soon as you put in either Brady+Foles or Brady + Gronk you are down to 10K average.  So it's either take some subpar options with them or roll out a PK/Clement type of play? 

I put in placeholders for 4-5 cheap gpps.  I know a couple will be NE stacks with Brady at the 2x and hope for a blowout.  Right now I have Brady at 2x + Gronk/Hogan/White with Elliot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to look past kickers in this contest.  they will be lowest owned and could get you some points probably not in the 2x slot but I might have a LU or two with that strategy. Obviously everyone will have Brady in the 2x slot but ive been playing this contest the last couple weeks and noticed a trend that a lot of the top 10 LUs have a kicker or no QB at all so theres a few angles I will be approaching this weekend.  Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think Brady in the 2X spot will win the GPP’s.  You need the unexpected breakout probably... could be Ajayi or Burkhead or who knows maybe Elliot.  Fill in that outlier with Brady/Foles, 1 kicker and the top WR and you’ve got a win ;)

bahhhh, what do I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, AquaBliss said:

I don’t think Brady in the 2X spot will win the GPP’s.  You need the unexpected breakout probably... could be Ajayi or Burkhead or who knows maybe Elliot.  Fill in that outlier with Brady/Foles, 1 kicker and the top WR and you’ve got a win ;)

bahhhh, what do I know.

I have a feeling the kicker will be key.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes in cash games I think taking both kickers is a pretty solid option.  You can get both kickers + both QB’s and still have $11.5k left which gives some decent choices.  But then you’re torn between rooting for TD’s or FG’s and any rushing TD’s don’t so you much good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the SB, so I just had fun with it.  12 cheap gpps, assuming a big game from NE and Brady, and 9 different Pats in the 2x spot.  Good luck all!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

faded both qb's. have both rb's, one rec from either team and gostkowski. ajayi in 2x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be very unlikely for the $1M winner to have a unique team with only one game, but the 2X flex spot adds a nice twist.  Good luck all, enjoy the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got "streaker" on my bingo card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My card can't hit until the second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a bingo with a non-offensive TD in the second half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Bingo with free space but it says 4th quater free space so I guess it’s not active until then, doh..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AquaBliss said:

Yes in cash games I think taking both kickers is a pretty solid option.  You can get both kickers + both QB’s and still have $11.5k left which gives some decent choices.  But then you’re torn between rooting for TD’s or FG’s and any rushing TD’s don’t so you much good.

:thumbup:

 

Stole this approach.  Everything cashing.  Wish I had played more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got bingo on the gronk td (second half td), but only won a ticket to another contest

Edited by RG623

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

244 entries match my gpp entry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RG623 said:

Got bingo on the gronk td (second half td), but only won a ticket to another contest

Wonder what tripped the first bingo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clean sweep.  Even the Cooks lineup cashed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won a couple bucks.  Now for the long wait until MLB starts up.  :popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was 8 pts away from being tied with the other guys for 30k :( still made some cash.  My FD total winnings this football season was 29k I learned a lot and cant wait until next season.  Gonna give MLB a go this year.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done RG... let your FBG pals in on your secrets... I think I barely broke even this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AquaBliss said:

Well done RG... let your FBG pals in on your secrets... I think I barely broke even this year.

I was just going to joke that we had another B&B coming in after they do all the winning.  Seems the more active the poster here, the less they win.  ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fairly new to DFS been playing for about 3 years but it took me that long to figure out what not to do.  I usually lurk in the comments of this forum and gather info and add it to my notes I take when I listen to podcasts lol.  I'm hesitant to share any insight as I got blasted on another forum for sharing my thoughts, I guess the "sharks" know more than me lol.  I don't use LU optimizers and enter crazy amounts of LUs I usually play the 305 only slate on FD and the primetime slates.  All of the DFS podcasts generally have the same info so theres no real edge there.  I listen to a couple of the free ones that are on Spotify I think one is fantasy footballers.  As far as strategy, and a lot of this you all already know, RB with D is almost always a must, kickers are key I try to pick the one with the biggest leg or home kicker in a dome or stay away from dome kickers on the road outdoors.  On the small slates where you have to differentiate better I always took the lowest owned QB or the guy that I myself looks at and says, "hes got no shot tonight" because chances are most people are doing the opposite.  ill then pair up that QB with his top one or two target getters or ill take the worst D on the slate with that teams RB1 then payup everywhere else.  I'm not the best at explaining my thoughts but that's pretty much what I based my LUs on this season.  I cant wait to try MLB I'm sure theres some stacking strategy to learn there, ive got some research to do.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RatrodGasser said:

I'm fairly new to DFS been playing for about 3 years but it took me that long to figure out what not to do.  I usually lurk in the comments of this forum and gather info and add it to my notes I take when I listen to podcasts lol.  I'm hesitant to share any insight as I got blasted on another forum for sharing my thoughts, I guess the "sharks" know more than me lol.  I don't use LU optimizers and enter crazy amounts of LUs I usually play the 305 only slate on FD and the primetime slates.  All of the DFS podcasts generally have the same info so theres no real edge there.  I listen to a couple of the free ones that are on Spotify I think one is fantasy footballers.  As far as strategy, and a lot of this you all already know, RB with D is almost always a must, kickers are key I try to pick the one with the biggest leg or home kicker in a dome or stay away from dome kickers on the road outdoors.  On the small slates where you have to differentiate better I always took the lowest owned QB or the guy that I myself looks at and says, "hes got no shot tonight" because chances are most people are doing the opposite.  ill then pair up that QB with his top one or two target getters or ill take the worst D on the slate with that teams RB1 then payup everywhere else.  I'm not the best at explaining my thoughts but that's pretty much what I based my LUs on this season.  I cant wait to try MLB I'm sure theres some stacking strategy to learn there, ive got some research to do.

Very interesting.  Especially your success with the rb-def combo.  I posted awhile back that I read an article that had that as one of the lower correlations - stuff like qb/rb and pk/def being much higher.  :shrug: You look at 5 sites and get 5 different LUs and strategies.  

I tried MLB for the first time last year and had decent luck with gpps.  I think most big nights were going with an odd P (like a pitcher in Coors) and/or a bottom of the order stack of batters.  Looking forward to the season, and will probably dabble a little more with cash entries this year too. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Very interesting.  Especially your success with the rb-def combo.  I posted awhile back that I read an article that had that as one of the lower correlations - stuff like qb/rb and pk/def being much higher.  :shrug: You look at 5 sites and get 5 different LUs and strategies.  

I tried MLB for the first time last year and had decent luck with gpps.  I think most big nights were going with an odd P (like a pitcher in Coors) and/or a bottom of the order stack of batters.  Looking forward to the season, and will probably dabble a little more with cash entries this year too. 

I hear ya idk this was just what worked for me as far as RB and D.  I'm kinda glad the season is over I need a break from thinking lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RatrodGasser said:

I hear ya idk this was just what worked for me as far as RB and D.  I'm kinda glad the season is over I need a break from thinking lol.

Agree on that last part.  I get sucked into trying NBA, golf, and EPL when I am bored because I am addicted, but I should take a break a bit before MLB, since I have liked that the most so far of the dfs sports. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2018 at 11:29 PM, RatrodGasser said:

i was 8 pts away from being tied with the other guys for 30k :( still made some cash.  My FD total winnings this football season was 29k I learned a lot and cant wait until next season.  Gonna give MLB a go this year.

Awesome year!  And thanks for the subsequent post about your strategy.  Would you mind discussing what types of contests you enter and how you distribute your lineups each week?  Is it 50% cash and 50% GPP for example?  And how much do have in play each week?

I mostly dabble in GPPs on FD and DK and would have to win several GPPs to get to 29K for the year :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, Steeler said:

Awesome year!  And thanks for the subsequent post about your strategy.  Would you mind discussing what types of contests you enter and how you distribute your lineups each week?  Is it 50% cash and 50% GPP for example?  And how much do have in play each week?

I mostly dabble in GPPs on FD and DK and would have to win several GPPs to get to 29K for the year :lol: 

I play FD only and mostly play the 305 only slates and the primetime (Sun night Mon night) slate.  I only play GPPs and enter the $4-$7 contests.  At most I have about 15-20 LUs total for the day.  I will throw a few darts at the main sometimes but not every sunday.  Like I posted earlier it took me almost three years to figure out what not to do.  Ive come a long way from jamming every "popular" guy I could into a LU to starting Beathard and the niners D which won me some nice $.  I take a lot of notes when I'm listening to podcasts which helps.  LU optimizers are a waste a $ unless youre in it with 4 or 5 other guys who can band together and cover almost every scenario with 700 crazy LUs (that's what I read anyway).  I'm hoping there will be an MLB thread on here so I can try my luck and see how everyone goes about constructing LUs.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, we definitely will fire up an MLB thread and maybe the first post or two we should get links of info/sites to use.  

I know one of my faves last year was the Plate IQ on rotogrinders.  I hope that is part of their free stuff again.  

I can't wait to fire off my daily Mariners stacks! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.