What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FD Super Bowl entries (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
Anybody else trying this? 2 game slates are bad enough, but not sure how to attack this.  I assume best is to get 2 qbs in there with one in the 2x flex, but that leaves you with little else.  

That is how I playedit:  Brady and Foles, then added around them the best I could. 
Yep, but as soon as you put in either Brady+Foles or Brady + Gronk you are down to 10K average.  So it's either take some subpar options with them or roll out a PK/Clement type of play? 

I put in placeholders for 4-5 cheap gpps.  I know a couple will be NE stacks with Brady at the 2x and hope for a blowout.  Right now I have Brady at 2x + Gronk/Hogan/White with Elliot.  

I'm not going to look past kickers in this contest.  they will be lowest owned and could get you some points probably not in the 2x slot but I might have a LU or two with that strategy. Obviously everyone will have Brady in the 2x slot but ive been playing this contest the last couple weeks and noticed a trend that a lot of the top 10 LUs have a kicker or no QB at all so theres a few angles I will be approaching this weekend.  Good luck.

I don’t think Brady in the 2X spot will win the GPP’s.  You need the unexpected breakout probably... could be Ajayi or Burkhead or who knows maybe Elliot.  Fill in that outlier with Brady/Foles, 1 kicker and the top WR and you’ve got a win ;)

bahhhh, what do I know.

I don’t think Brady in the 2X spot will win the GPP’s.  You need the unexpected breakout probably... could be Ajayi or Burkhead or who knows maybe Elliot.  Fill in that outlier with Brady/Foles, 1 kicker and the top WR and you’ve got a win ;)

bahhhh, what do I know.
I have a feeling the kicker will be key.  

Yes in cash games I think taking both kickers is a pretty solid option.  You can get both kickers + both QB’s and still have $11.5k left which gives some decent choices.  But then you’re torn between rooting for TD’s or FG’s and any rushing TD’s don’t so you much good.

It's the SB, so I just had fun with it.  12 cheap gpps, assuming a big game from NE and Brady, and 9 different Pats in the 2x spot.  Good luck all!

Will be very unlikely for the $1M winner to have a unique team with only one game, but the 2X flex spot adds a nice twist.  Good luck all, enjoy the game.

I have a Bingo with free space but it says 4th quater free space so I guess it’s not active until then, doh..

Yes in cash games I think taking both kickers is a pretty solid option.  You can get both kickers + both QB’s and still have $11.5k left which gives some decent choices.  But then you’re torn between rooting for TD’s or FG’s and any rushing TD’s don’t so you much good.
:thumbup:

Stole this approach.  Everything cashing.  Wish I had played more.

Got bingo on the gronk td (second half td), but only won a ticket to another contest

Last edited by a moderator:
i was 8 pts away from being tied with the other guys for 30k :( still made some cash.  My FD total winnings this football season was 29k I learned a lot and cant wait until next season.  Gonna give MLB a go this year.

I'm fairly new to DFS been playing for about 3 years but it took me that long to figure out what not to do.  I usually lurk in the comments of this forum and gather info and add it to my notes I take when I listen to podcasts lol.  I'm hesitant to share any insight as I got blasted on another forum for sharing my thoughts, I guess the "sharks" know more than me lol.  I don't use LU optimizers and enter crazy amounts of LUs I usually play the 305 only slate on FD and the primetime slates.  All of the DFS podcasts generally have the same info so theres no real edge there.  I listen to a couple of the free ones that are on Spotify I think one is fantasy footballers.  As far as strategy, and a lot of this you all already know, RB with D is almost always a must, kickers are key I try to pick the one with the biggest leg or home kicker in a dome or stay away from dome kickers on the road outdoors.  On the small slates where you have to differentiate better I always took the lowest owned QB or the guy that I myself looks at and says, "hes got no shot tonight" because chances are most people are doing the opposite.  ill then pair up that QB with his top one or two target getters or ill take the worst D on the slate with that teams RB1 then payup everywhere else.  I'm not the best at explaining my thoughts but that's pretty much what I based my LUs on this season.  I cant wait to try MLB I'm sure theres some stacking strategy to learn there, ive got some research to do.

RatrodGasser said:
I'm fairly new to DFS been playing for about 3 years but it took me that long to figure out what not to do.  I usually lurk in the comments of this forum and gather info and add it to my notes I take when I listen to podcasts lol.  I'm hesitant to share any insight as I got blasted on another forum for sharing my thoughts, I guess the "sharks" know more than me lol.  I don't use LU optimizers and enter crazy amounts of LUs I usually play the 305 only slate on FD and the primetime slates.  All of the DFS podcasts generally have the same info so theres no real edge there.  I listen to a couple of the free ones that are on Spotify I think one is fantasy footballers.  As far as strategy, and a lot of this you all already know, RB with D is almost always a must, kickers are key I try to pick the one with the biggest leg or home kicker in a dome or stay away from dome kickers on the road outdoors.  On the small slates where you have to differentiate better I always took the lowest owned QB or the guy that I myself looks at and says, "hes got no shot tonight" because chances are most people are doing the opposite.  ill then pair up that QB with his top one or two target getters or ill take the worst D on the slate with that teams RB1 then payup everywhere else.  I'm not the best at explaining my thoughts but that's pretty much what I based my LUs on this season.  I cant wait to try MLB I'm sure theres some stacking strategy to learn there, ive got some research to do.
Very interesting.  Especially your success with the rb-def combo.  I posted awhile back that I read an article that had that as one of the lower correlations - stuff like qb/rb and pk/def being much higher.  :shrug: You look at 5 sites and get 5 different LUs and strategies.  

I tried MLB for the first time last year and had decent luck with gpps.  I think most big nights were going with an odd P (like a pitcher in Coors) and/or a bottom of the order stack of batters.  Looking forward to the season, and will probably dabble a little more with cash entries this year too. 

Very interesting.  Especially your success with the rb-def combo.  I posted awhile back that I read an article that had that as one of the lower correlations - stuff like qb/rb and pk/def being much higher.  :shrug: You look at 5 sites and get 5 different LUs and strategies.  

I tried MLB for the first time last year and had decent luck with gpps.  I think most big nights were going with an odd P (like a pitcher in Coors) and/or a bottom of the order stack of batters.  Looking forward to the season, and will probably dabble a little more with cash entries this year too. 
I hear ya idk this was just what worked for me as far as RB and D.  I'm kinda glad the season is over I need a break from thinking lol.

I hear ya idk this was just what worked for me as far as RB and D.  I'm kinda glad the season is over I need a break from thinking lol.
Agree on that last part.  I get sucked into trying NBA, golf, and EPL when I am bored because I am addicted, but I should take a break a bit before MLB, since I have liked that the most so far of the dfs sports. 

i was 8 pts away from being tied with the other guys for 30k :( still made some cash.  My FD total winnings this football season was 29k I learned a lot and cant wait until next season.  Gonna give MLB a go this year.
Awesome year!  And thanks for the subsequent post about your strategy.  Would you mind discussing what types of contests you enter and how you distribute your lineups each week?  Is it 50% cash and 50% GPP for example?  And how much do have in play each week?

I mostly dabble in GPPs on FD and DK and would have to win several GPPs to get to 29K for the year :lol:  

Awesome year!  And thanks for the subsequent post about your strategy.  Would you mind discussing what types of contests you enter and how you distribute your lineups each week?  Is it 50% cash and 50% GPP for example?  And how much do have in play each week?

I mostly dabble in GPPs on FD and DK and would have to win several GPPs to get to 29K for the year :lol:  
I play FD only and mostly play the 305 only slates and the primetime (Sun night Mon night) slate.  I only play GPPs and enter the $4-$7 contests.  At most I have about 15-20 LUs total for the day.  I will throw a few darts at the main sometimes but not every sunday.  Like I posted earlier it took me almost three years to figure out what not to do.  Ive come a long way from jamming every "popular" guy I could into a LU to starting Beathard and the niners D which won me some nice $.  I take a lot of notes when I'm listening to podcasts which helps.  LU optimizers are a waste a $ unless youre in it with 4 or 5 other guys who can band together and cover almost every scenario with 700 crazy LUs (that's what I read anyway).  I'm hoping there will be an MLB thread on here so I can try my luck and see how everyone goes about constructing LUs.

Yeah, we definitely will fire up an MLB thread and maybe the first post or two we should get links of info/sites to use.  

I know one of my faves last year was the Plate IQ on rotogrinders.  I hope that is part of their free stuff again.  

I can't wait to fire off my daily Mariners stacks! 

Users who are viewing this thread