What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Direction for this 4th place team (1 Viewer)

Matt's Eagles

Footballguy
12 team PPR TE yardage bonus

Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 rb/wr/te flez

QB Dak, Bridgewater, Keenum, Kizer

RB McCoy, J Howard, Barber, Martin, Gore, J Williams, E Penny, J McNichols, Ware

WR M Thomas, Watkins, A Robinson, E Sanders, Funchess, Switzer, Carroo, Alison, A stewart

TE J Graham, Ben Watson, V Davis

Not a lot of upside with this roster and you will need some RB help soon with McCoy getting older.  Also need another solid WR starter.  You have some WR3 type depth but not really a WR2 unless Robinson comes back to full health in a good landing spot.

I wouldn't worry about QB as Dak should be good enough.  I would focus on WR to try and solidify your starters at that position because Watkins/Sanders/Funchess are a bit boom/bust for my liking at times. 

For RB I would start out the season and see where you are headed.  If you fall out of contention fast then I would look to move McCoy to replenish some future RB talent.

TE - a bit of a crapshoot.  Graham is fine.  I might dump the other guys for some higher upside plays.

12 team PPR TE yardage bonus

Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 rb/wr/te flez

QB Dak, Bridgewater, Keenum, Kizer

RB McCoy, J Howard, Barber, Martin, Gore, J Williams, E Penny, J McNichols, Ware

WR M Thomas, Watkins, A Robinson, E Sanders, Funchess, Switzer, Carroo, Alison, A stewart

TE J Graham, Ben Watson, V Davis
At this point in time, I I would sit on my hands.  Dynasty is like the stock market... you want to buy low and sell high.  By my count, you have only seven players that any significant trade value.  (To me to have any significant trade value, the player must be worth at least 2.12.  Per Hindery's chart, 2.12 is worth 4 points and you only have seven players worth that much or more): 

Dak, McCoy, Howard, Thomas, Watkins, ARob, and Funchess. (Graham is the only other player that is even close with 3 points)

Of those seven, two are currently trading below historic value (Watkins & ARob), four are young proven players that seem to be trending up (Dak, Howard, Thomas and Funchess) and then there is McCoy.

It seems natural to want to move McCoy, but now is simply not the time to do that.  The absolute worst time to trade an older player is offseason predraft. 

If you are going to do anything this offseason other than just use your draft picks to replace dead roster slots like Gore, I would trade those picks (plus any of the players not among the seven above) to acquire proven players with significant trade value.

Nice job pulling a 4th place finish.  I like your top 5 receivers, top 2 rbs and Graham.  Agree that Dak is passable, but you should hope the Cowboys get a companion for Bryant.  Assume you made good use of Keenum.  My top targets would be RB (no quality depth), TE (a starter you could flex would be great), and QB (w/Zeke on Cowboys think you need a ham and egg option for Dak).   Generally agree with Briscoe on the 7, but may add in Graham (where does he go?) and Sanders (those Bronco QB problems were bad last season).  If I remember right, I'm not sure if you are a believer in Sanders at this stage.  Good luck next season, you must have set some good line-ups this year.

Offers I received:  thoughts?'

Trade A

I got offered QB Jimmy G, Corey Coleman and 2019 1st -5th for Sammy Watkins

Trade B

I get Duke, Clement, Alshon, DT I give Mike Thomas, Doug Martin, E sanders

Last edited by a moderator:
Offers I received:  thoughts?'

Trade A

I got offered QB Jimmy G, Corey Coleman and 2019 1st -5th for Sammy Watkins

Trade B

I get Duke, Clement, Alshon, DT I give Mike Thomas, Doug Martin, E sanders
I am not sure what is meant by "2019 1st-5th".......does that mean you get the first 5 round picks in 2019?   I don't think it really matters as I would take JimmyG, Coleman and 2019 1st for Sammy Watkins as fast as you can. 

The other offer I don't like at all.  I would much rather be on the Mike Thomas side of things at this point. 

I am not sure what is meant by "2019 1st-5th".......does that mean you get the first 5 round picks in 2019?   I don't think it really matters as I would take JimmyG, Coleman and 2019 1st for Sammy Watkins as fast as you can. 

The other offer I don't like at all.  I would much rather be on the Mike Thomas side of things at this point. 
2019 1ST, 2ND, 3RD, 4TH, 5TH...his whole team's 19 draft

He revoked it and said it was mistake....

Now is offering Jimmy G, Lamar Miller

or

Coleman, 2019 draft

or

Jimmy G, Coleman
I really like JimmyG and think he is an improvement over what you have.  You could keep Dak and Jimmy G and toss all the other Qb's to free up roster spots and not have to worry about QB for some time.  I lean towards the Jimmy G & Coleman side because I don't think Miller has much value and Coleman still has "potential".  I might try and get a 2nd rounder in 2019 in addition and see if he goes for that.  JimmyG, Coleman, 2019 2nd for Watkins seems like a good deal to me. 

I really like JimmyG and think he is an improvement over what you have.  You could keep Dak and Jimmy G and toss all the other Qb's to free up roster spots and not have to worry about QB for some time.  I lean towards the Jimmy G & Coleman side because I don't think Miller has much value and Coleman still has "potential".  I might try and get a 2nd rounder in 2019 in addition and see if he goes for that.  JimmyG, Coleman, 2019 2nd for Watkins seems like a good deal to me. 
He ended up trading players and picks for OBJ..... at least Fitz said he is coming back in 18... I have 1 WR1 in Thomas and 5 WR 2/3 types in Fitz, Funchess, A Rob, E Sanders, Sammy Watkins 

Users who are viewing this thread