What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2019 NFL Draft Class (3 Viewers)

Faust

MVP
Directory of player threads:

QB Kyler Murray Oklahoma

Dynasty: QB Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State

Tyree Jackson - QB - Buffalo Bulls

Daniel Jones - QB 2019

Dynasty: QB Drew Lock, Missouri

Dynasty: Damien Harris, RB, Alabama

Dynasty: RB David Montgomery, Iowa State

Benny Snell Jr - RB Kentucky

OSU Running Back Justice Hill is entering 2019 NFL Draft

Elijah Holyfield - RB (Dynasty)

Josh Jacobs - Dynasty RB

Dynasty/Redraft RB, Rodney Anderson declares for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Darrell Henderson - RB (Dynasty)

Dynasty & Redraft: Devine Ozigbo, RB Nebraska

Dynasty & Redraft: Tony Pollard, RB/WR Memphis

Dynasty: RB Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic University

Dynasty: RB Trayveon Williams, Texas A&M

Dynasty: Jalin Moore - RB App State Sleeper

Dynasty: Miles Sanders - RB Penn State

Ryquell “Rock” Armstead, RB Temple

Dynasty: Jalen Hurd

***Official*** Anthony Johnson - Buffalo Bulls - WR

N'Keal Harry - WR Arizona State

AJ Brown - Wide Receiver - Ole Miss

DK Metcalf - WR - Ole Miss --- Declares for the NFL draft

Dynasty: WR Marquise Brown, Oklahoma

Dynasty: WR Riley Ridley, Georgia

Dynasty: Anthony Ratliff-Williams WR

Dynasty: Kelvin Harmon WR

Dynasty: WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford

Dynasty & Redraft: Andy Isabella, WR Massachusetts

Dynasty: WR Deebo Samuel, South Carolina

Dynasty: WR Hakeem Butler, Iowa State

Miles Boykin - official thread - WR - Notre Dame

Most talented WR in the class - Preston Williams

Parris Campbell WR Ohio St

Dynasty: WR Terry McLaurin, Ohio State

****2019 Dynasty/Devy Watch: TE Noah Fant, Iowa****

Dynasty: TE T.J. Hockenson, Iowa

Dynasty: TE Irv Smith Jr., Alabama

Dynasty: TE Kahale Warring, Texans

Last edited by a moderator:
2018 NFL Draft: Sam Darnold a playmaker in mold of Tony Romo

Excerpt:

THREE QBs EVERYONE WILL BE TALKING ABOUT A YEAR FROM NOW

e've been excited about the 2018 draft's QB class for a while now, but what about the players still in college? Which QB prospects will everyone be talking about a year from now?

There were three QBs that were on the fence about whether to enter the draft this year before ultimately electing to stay in school, and all three had generated interest in NFL circles.

The three QBs: N.C. State's Ryan Finley, Missouri's Drew Lock and Auburn's Jarrett Stidham.

I think those are the three QBs sitting at the front of the line heading into next season.

Lock gets the most buzz around the league of these three. He might have the highest ceiling of the group. Everyone loves his size and arm strength. He led the FBS with 43 TD passes this season.

Stidham, after having been off for a year following his transfer from Baylor, led Auburn to wins against the two best teams in the country -- Alabama and Georgia -- and played his best ball in big moments late in the regular season. I think he needs to work on cleaning up his footwork to take his game to another level.

Finley has a good but not great arm. He's very polished in the pocket, though, and can extend plays with his legs. He has good touch and accuracy. He needs to get stronger this offseason.

Not even close my friend not even close.

Tex
I strongly disagree.  What is it about Brown that makes him a lesser pick than either Dobbins or Taylor?  He put up stud numbers this year in the SEC as a sophmore.  He catches with his hands, which are very strong by the way, has off the chart ball tracking ability, and plenty of speed and he isn't just a vertical guy.  He is also well built and great after the catch.  However, he did have a lousy vertical jump recent of just 27.5 in, but was in terrible weather I hear.  That doesn't matter as much because he tracks the ball so well and has great instincts.  Look for Brown to be one of the first WRs taken in next year's draft.

Here is a scouting report on him right out of HS.

Athletic ability/measurables

Brown has outstanding size and is a true mismatch against any corner. He has great speed for how big he is as well, but for some reason he does not have the hops that a lot of others do. He had only a 27 inch vertical at The Opening, which doesn’t fit with his other athletic numbers. Even without that, he is still a plus athlete at the position.

Skills/technique

Brown is a natural hands catcher that does a nice job of snatching the football away from his body. This is one thing that helps him be such a good player after the catch. He has the top end speed and burst to turns short plays into big gains. He can create big plays whenever he touches the football.

He does an outstanding job of adjusting to the football when it’s in the air and can come down with difficult catches. He judges the ball really well over his shoulder. He is a below the rim player, and may be a below the rim athlete, but does a nice job of using his body to box out and gain position to win 50/50 footballs.

He physically overwhelmed many cornerbacks who had to cover him one on one at The Opening and should be able to do that a lot at the college level. If he becomes a great route runner, he is going to be extremely tough to cover.

Scheme fit

Brown is not purely an outside receiver at the next level. He should be able to line up all over the formation.

Potential

Brown has number one receiver potential at the college level and should be able to play immediately when he gets on campus as a freshman.

Should be interesting.  Everyone that should of declared, probably did and as of now 2019 doesn't seem all that interesting.  Not a whole lot of guys (if any) that seem like super studs the way Barkley, or Chubb looked after 2 years of college.  

Oklahoma junior WR Marquise Brown leads all returning receivers in yard-per-route, according to Pro Football Focus.

Brown came on strong as the year ended, and finished with a robust 3.78 yards per route run. The 5-foot-11, 162 pound junior finished the year with a 57/1,095/7 line, which is all the more impressive when you consider he was often the third -- sometimes fourth -- option in the offense. He's already a star, but there's a chance Brown takes his game to another level in the 2018 campaign.

Source: Pro Football Focus on Twitter 

Feb 4 - 3:53 PM

I strongly disagree.  What is it about Brown that makes him a lesser pick than either Dobbins or Taylor?  He put up stud numbers this year in the SEC as a sophmore.  He catches with his hands, which are very strong by the way, has off the chart ball tracking ability, and plenty of speed and he isn't just a vertical guy.  He is also well built and great after the catch.  However, he did have a lousy vertical jump recent of just 27.5 in, but was in terrible weather I hear.  That doesn't matter as much because he tracks the ball so well and has great instincts.  Look for Brown to be one of the first WRs taken in next year's draft.

Here is a scouting report on him right out of HS.

Athletic ability/measurables

Brown has outstanding size and is a true mismatch against any corner. He has great speed for how big he is as well, but for some reason he does not have the hops that a lot of others do. He had only a 27 inch vertical at The Opening, which doesn’t fit with his other athletic numbers. Even without that, he is still a plus athlete at the position.

Skills/technique

Brown is a natural hands catcher that does a nice job of snatching the football away from his body. This is one thing that helps him be such a good player after the catch. He has the top end speed and burst to turns short plays into big gains. He can create big plays whenever he touches the football.

He does an outstanding job of adjusting to the football when it’s in the air and can come down with difficult catches. He judges the ball really well over his shoulder. He is a below the rim player, and may be a below the rim athlete, but does a nice job of using his body to box out and gain position to win 50/50 footballs.

He physically overwhelmed many cornerbacks who had to cover him one on one at The Opening and should be able to do that a lot at the college level. If he becomes a great route runner, he is going to be extremely tough to cover.

Scheme fit

Brown is not purely an outside receiver at the next level. He should be able to line up all over the formation.

Potential

Brown has number one receiver potential at the college level and should be able to play immediately when he gets on campus as a freshman.
I didn’t say he was horrible, he could eventually be the top Dynasty pick at some point but today I have him #4 in 2019.

1. Kam Akers

2. N’Keal Harry

3. Jonathan Taylor

4. AJ Brown

5. Bryce Love

I’m laying in a hospital right now but I’ll give more insight later this week.

Tex

2019 is a strong WR class. Not impressed with the RBs but we have been spoiled the past couple of years and the potential in 2020 is very, very strong.

Also, a down year for QBs and I don't look at TEs much before rookie drafts

Harry, Brown, Edwards, Harmon, Richards and Metcalf make a strong draftable core

Love, Harris and Crockett don't really excite me too much at RB

2019 is a strong WR class. Not impressed with the RBs but we have been spoiled the past couple of years and the potential in 2020 is very, very strong.

Also, a down year for QBs and I don't look at TEs much before rookie drafts

Harry, Brown, Edwards, Harmon, Richards and Metcalf make a strong draftable core

Love, Harris and Crockett don't really excite me too much at RB
How would you or anyone here rank the 2019 WR with the 2018 WR?

Are there WR coming out in 2019 that seem clearly better prospects than any of the 2018 WR?

Overall, how will this class compare to the 2018 class?  At what point with a 2018 1st round pick would you trade it for a random 2019 one?  (meaning if you had the #8 for instance, would you move it for a random 2019 1st rounder that could be top 3?)

How would you or anyone here rank the 2019 WR with the 2018 WR?

Are there WR coming out in 2019 that seem clearly better prospects than any of the 2018 WR?
WR are loaded next year.  N'Keal Harry, AJ Brown, DeKalyn Metcalf, and Bryan Robertson are all guys I have ranked in devy over all 2018 WR.  Michael Pittman, Kelvin Harmon, Ahman Richards, and Demetrius Robinson could get there with little surprise.

RB won't be as bad as we think in 2019, and the WRs, IMO are being hyped because devy owners are trying to find some redeemable qualities in the 2019 draft. That being said, Harry is the best WR prospect in 3 yrs. 

Users who are viewing this thread