What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2019 NFL Draft Class (2 Viewers)

FreeBaGeL said:
He reminds me a little of Kareem Hunt in style.
Haven't done my full review of anyone yet in 2019 but he isn't anywhere near as explosive as Hunt.  After I watched Hunt, he was one my favorites in the draft, and I distinctly remember thinking "jeez he looks like he's shot out of a cannon" type of explosiveness.  I don't get the hype around Montgomery right now.  I've only seen maybe like 1 1/2 games of him so far, so it's extremely limited but he doesn't live up to the hype from my first impression.  

Haven't done my full review of anyone yet in 2019 but he isn't anywhere near as explosive as Hunt.  After I watched Hunt, he was one my favorites in the draft, and I distinctly remember thinking "jeez he looks like he's shot out of a cannon" type of explosiveness.  I don't get the hype around Montgomery right now.  I've only seen maybe like 1 1/2 games of him so far, so it's extremely limited but he doesn't live up to the hype from my first impression.  
He looks slow.

The Athletic's Dane Brugler writes that he's "floored" by the improvement of Texas junior WR Collin Johnson in 2018.

Brugler certainly saw positives from Johnson because of his size (6'6/220) and athleticism, but he -- like many others -- saw an inconsistent prospect during his sophomore campaign. "Johnson was the same imposing athlete with long-striding speed and a large catch radius, but his polished patterns and clean footwork were an unexpected sight," writes Brugler. "His routes showed tempo, timing and deception based on coverage reads, manipulating cornerbacks and creating separation out of his breaks." There may be some ceiling concerns with Johnson, but in a less-than-spectacular wide receiver class, the junior has a chance to be one of the first off the board should he give up his senior year.

Source: The Athletic 

Oct 29 - 9:18 PM

Pro Football Focus notes that Washington State senior QB Gardner Minshew had an adjusted completion percentage of 91.3 in Saturday's win over Stanford.

That was tops in the nation, besting Oklahoma's Kyler Murray (90.5) in the impressive effort. We've talked a lot about Minshew over the season, but we probably haven't talked enough. What he's done -- albeit in the happiest of pass-happy offenses -- has been spectacular, and he has given the Cougars a chance to win every game. If not for the ridiculous things Tua Tagovailoa was doing, he might be the Heisman favorite right now.

Source: PFF College on Twitter 

Oct 29 - 8:57 PM

Bolu Olorunfunmi - RB -  Bruins

UCLA senior RB Bolu Olorunfunmi is preparing for the NFL Draft.

Olorunfunmi was ruled out for the remainder of the season after suffering a concussion in early October. He was expected to be the lead back this year, but it never materialized in large part because of his various injuries. He only appeared in four games and would be eligible for a transfer, but it sounds like his college football time is coming to an end. At least for now.

Source: Ben Bolch on Twitter 

Oct 31 - 4:55 PM

Really disappointing class as things stand right now. There's no way to put a good spin on it.

And compared to recent classes, 2019 is horrific.

We've been spoiled, but not every year is a banner class for dynasty prospects.

Really disappointing class as things stand right now. There's no way to put a good spin on it.

And compared to recent classes, 2019 is horrific.

We've been spoiled, but not every year is a banner class for dynasty prospects.
This is a popular take right now, but that is hard to tell.  There may not be prospects that pop out to you right now, but that doesn't mean it is a horrible class.

This is a popular take right now, but that is hard to tell.  There may not be prospects that pop out to you right now, but that doesn't mean it is a horrible class.
I can only judge it on how it looks right now. The one caveat I'll say is it's still relatively early.

That said, I'm typically much more excited about some sleeper-types & even that is way down.

I can only judge it on how it looks right now. The one caveat I'll say is it's still relatively early.

That said, I'm typically much more excited about some sleeper-types & even that is way down.
N'Keal Harry, Bryan Edwards, Kelvin Harmon, Hakeem Butler, AJ Brown, Tyler Johnson, JJ Arcega-Whiteside are all receivers who would be drafted ahead of or in conversation to be drafted ahead of any receiver in the 2018's WR class.

This might actually be one of the best receiving classes we've seen since 2014.

This may feel like a down year for RB's but there's still Rodney Anderson, David Montgomery, Miles Sanders, Damien Harris and a few other RB prospects that have the potential to be starting RB's in the NFL.

QB's has Justin Herbert and Dwayne Haskins

TE's might be a very good class headlined by Noah Fant

This class just doesn't have an Andrew Luck, Gurley, Zeke, Barkley, can't miss prospect at RB and QB, but the WR class could be phenomenal.

N'Keal Harry, Bryan Edwards, Kelvin Harmon, Hakeem Butler, AJ Brown, Tyler Johnson, JJ Arcega-Whiteside are all receivers who would be drafted ahead of or in conversation to be drafted ahead of any receiver in the 2018's WR class.

This may feel like a down year for RB's but there's still Rodney Anderson, David Montgomery, Miles Sanders, Damien Harris and a few other RB prospects that have the potential to be starting RB's in the NFL.

This class just doesn't have an Andrew Luck, Gurley, Zeke, Barkley, can't miss prospect at RB and QB, but the WR class could be phenomenal.
I'm much lower on this WR class than you seem to be. It was supposed to be the headliner & I've seen recent comments on the contrary from different people in the industry (which I agree with).

I'm not saying there won't be any studs emerge from this class, but it pales in comparison to some of the recent classes we've had & it's pretty weak overall, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
At WR, I like Metcalf if he comes out, Anthony Johnson, N'Keal Harry, Marquise Brown, AJ Brown and Ridley in no particular order but I would still take Courtland Sutton ahead of them and possibly Anthony Miller ahead of them. Leaning towards Marquise Brown with my #1 overall pick (Thanks Leveon for that), unless a RB goes to an ideal situation.

I agree with a lot of what you said. Noah Fant is the popular TE name. There will be two others to join him.....their just not popular yet. As far as RBs go, there’s four or five I really like. I have 12 picks in the 1st two rounds and I’m ####### giddy!!!! I’m going to clean up again!

Tex

I agree with a lot of what you said. Noah Fant is the popular TE name. There will be two others to join him.....their just not popular yet. As far as RBs go, there’s four or five I really like. I have 12 picks in the 1st two rounds and I’m ####### giddy!!!! I’m going to clean up again!

Tex
Exactly. With all this 2019 draft sucks narrative going around it's probably a good opportunity to buy picks at a low cost.  

Congrats on the picks!

Exactly. With all this 2019 draft sucks narrative going around it's probably a good opportunity to buy picks at a low cost.  

Congrats on the picks!
Hopefully the best WRs don't get stuck in Buffalo, Baltimore, Oakland, Jax, Dallas, Carolina and Tennessee. Anywhere else is usable.

Hopefully the best WRs don't get stuck in Buffalo, Baltimore, Oakland, Jax, Dallas, Carolina and Tennessee. Anywhere else is usable.
I couldn't see any of those teams drafting WR with the exception of Oakland and maybe Baltimore.

Cleveland, New England, San Fransisco, NY Jets, Indianapolis (Hilton's contract has little dead money if they cut him and no dead money if they cut him after next year), and maybe Washington or Seattle are all more likely to draft WR I would think at first glance.  Those are fairly exciting landing spots if this were the case.

I'll be looking to swap my 2019 picks for 2020 if feasible. Sometimes you can get a premium simply because it's the current draft, especially when the pick is on the clock.

Unless a target player is there, swapping for 2020 (if you're acquiring the right team's pick) & getting extra compensation to do so would be a good idea, IMO.

There'll still be value to be had like ALL rookie drafts, but 2019 is the red-headed step-child of recent classes.

I'll be looking to swap my 2019 picks for 2020 if feasible. Sometimes you can get a premium simply because it's the current draft, especially when the pick is on the clock.

Unless a target player is there, swapping for 2020 (if you're acquiring the right team's pick) & getting extra compensation to do so would be a good idea, IMO.

There'll still be value to be had like ALL rookie drafts, but 2019 is the red-headed step-child of recent classes.
Considering it as well. I believe there are potentially much better RBs in the 2020 draft.

David Sills - WR -  Mountaineers

West Virginia senior WR David Sills caught six passes for 97 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 42-41 win over Texas.

In what was a fantastically entertaining shootout, Sills came up with a slick 60-yard touchdown catch near the end of the first quarter and a slightly less noteworthy 18-yard touchdown just seconds into the second quarter. The senior wideout is a touchdown magnet, having now hauled in 11 for the campaign. While it's not realistic that Sills will be able to match the 18 touchdown grabs he made a year ago, he still has three games remaining on his regular-season schedule (TCU, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma).

Nov 3 - 8:14 PM

NC State senior QB Ryan Finley completed 21-of-27 passes for 240 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 47-28 win over Florida State.

Finley (6'4/212) and the Wolfpack snapped a two-game losing streak with their emphatic victory on Saturday. The senior signal-caller tossed touchdowns in each of the final three quarters to help keep NC State out in front. In eight games this season, Finley has thrown for 2,490 yards with a 16/6 TD/INT ratio. He figures to be able to do work against a questionable Wake Forest pass defense in Week 11 (that will be a Thursday kick).

Nov 3 - 8:01 PM

Missouri senior WR Emanuel Hall caught four passes for 77 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's 38-17 win over No. 11 Florida.

Hall (6'3/195) made his return after missing the last five games with a groin injury, and he made noise immediately. The senior receiver created some space on a slant route in the third quarter for a four-yard touchdown, but he also had a 41-yard reception. Overcoming both a groin injury and the loss of his father, Hall had a gutsy performance against S&P+'s No. 26 pass defense, and he should have a strong finish to his senior season. He will be a threat for a score next week against Vanderbilt.

Nov 3 - 8:01 PM

Missouri senior QB Drew Lock completed 24-of-32 passes for 250 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 38-17 win over No. 11 Florida.

Lock (6'4/225) had been underwhelming against SEC teams -- he was also 0-9 against ranked teams heading into today -- and many draft analysts dropped him in their draft rankings because of it, but the senior quarterback had one of his best games of the year against a Florida pass defense that ranked 26th in the country according to S&P+. Lock showed off quality arm strength on all three of his touchdown strikes and his draft stock climbed back up because of it. The senior quarterback now has 19 touchdown passes to just six interceptions through nine games after throwing for 44 scores as a junior. Lock should have another fine game at home against Vanderbilt next week, and there will be tons of NFL eyes on him down the stretch.

Nov 3 - 7:52 PM

Keelan Doss - WR -  Aggies

UC Davis senior WR Keelan Doss caught eight passes for 103 yards and two touchdowns in Saturday's 42-20 win over Northern Arizona.

Doss (6'3/206) went over the 100-yard mark for the 16th time in his amazing career with the Aggies. Clearly playing bigger and moving faster than his FCS opponents, the senior receiver created some space in the end zone for two touchdowns. Doss now has a 79-790-7 receiving line, and he should be a Senior Bowl candidate after the season.

Nov 4 - 1:47 PM

North Dakota State senior QB Easton Stick completed 13-of-23 passes for 197 yards and one touchdown in Saturday's 17-7 win over Youngstown State.

Stick (6'2/221) and the Bison have clinched a spot in the FCS Playoffs after moving to 9-0 on the year. In Saturday's low scoring affair, Stick was still quite efficient with his passing (8.6 YPA), but he also added 43 yards and a score with his legs. The top FCS-quarterback prospect will look to extend North Dakota State's winning streak to 16 next week.

Nov 4 - 1:33 PM

Per Pro Football Focus, Missouri senior QB Drew Lock had a 78.8 percent completion rate in Saturday's game against Florida.

He was good under pressure with a 116.7 passer rating and even better in a clean pocket with a 127.7 passer rating. Without a doubt, this was Lock's best game against a top-25 team. He flashed his upside against a Florida pass defense which ranks 26th in the country per S&P+. Scouts will look back on this game as a case for why Lock should be among one of the first quarterbacks taken in the 2019 draft.

Source: Pro Football Focus on Twitter 

Nov 4 - 12:01 PM

Trayveon Williams - RB -  Aggies

Per Pro Football Focus, Texas A&M junior RB Traveon Williams contributed a 145.8 passer rating when targeted in Saturday's game against Auburn.

Williams had a 71.4 percent catch rate and averaged 20.2 yards after the catch in this one. Williams is a running back but was hyper-effective in the receiving game as well in this one with a 5/75/1 line through the air. Williams continues to be a dual-threat player out of the backfield, something that's sure to continue next week against Ole Miss.

Nov 4 - 11:54 AM

Per Pro Football Focus, Iowa State redshirt junior WR Hakeem Butler contributed a 153.3 passer rating when targeted in Saturday's game against Kansas.

He averaged a whopping 32.8 yards per reception and 6.07 yards per route run on his way to a blowup 6/164/2 game. He was their main form of offense in this one and has the potential to be a high draft back come 2019. Butler has now increased his yardage total in four straight weeks, going over 100 yards the past three weeks. He'll look to add to this against Baylor next week.

Nov 4 - 10:11 AM

Users who are viewing this thread