Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

[Dynasty] 2019 NFL Draft Prospects

Sounds like there are some risers at Shrine practice. Some names I’ve heard as doing well: Brett Rypien, Jordan Ta’amu, Devine Ozigbo, Jordan Ellis, KeeSean Johnson, Ryan Davis, Terry Godwin.

• Like 1

Any thoughts on James William's, RB Wash St? 

83 receptions in 2018, 71 in 2017, and 48 as a freshman in 2016.

Putting that into perspective... 2017 and 2018 each alone are more receptions than Sproles had in his entire college career. In 2018 he was tied for 17th in receptions in college football. the next highest RB had 51 receptions.

39 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Putting that into perspective... 2017 and 2018 each alone are more receptions than Sproles had in his entire college career. In 2018 he was tied for 17th in receptions in college football. the next highest RB had 51 receptions.

Great pass catcher but not a big resume of running the ball.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bojang0301 said:

These look pretty similar to my stats-based ratings of 2018 production. There's a correlation of 0.85 between his rankings and my rankings for 2018 production score, for the 42 WRs that made both lists. The biggest differences are that he's higher than me on the production of Lil'Jordan Humphrey, Riley Ridley, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, and N'Keal Harry, and I'm higher than him on the production of Marquise Brown, Stanley Morgan, Andy Isabella, John Ursua, and Antoine Wesley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

He should carve out a place in the NFL with the way the league is today. James White has carved out a pretty huge role in the NFL so probably not fair to compare him to White but that’s who he reminded me of as a college performer.

42 minutes ago, ZWK said:

These look pretty similar to my stats-based ratings of 2018 production. There's a correlation of 0.85 between his rankings and my rankings for 2018 production score, for the 42 WRs that made both lists. The biggest differences are that he's higher than me on the production of Lil'Jordan Humphrey, Riley Ridley, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, and N'Keal Harry, and I'm higher than him on the production of Marquise Brown, Stanley Morgan, Andy Isabella, John Ursua, and Antoine Wesley.

You really should be compensated in some form for what you do. Even if it’s just to have your name get praised for it. In any case I have a high level of appreciation of your work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Great pass catcher but not a big resume of running the ball.

right, but many people were super excited about Hines, and even though he wasnt eye popping in 2018, he had some good value in ppr leagues. our champ had him as his rb2. 

If he goes to a team that can utilize that catching ability (philly comes to mind first), he could be a decent late rookie pick who could pay off. 

1 hour ago, ZWK said:

do these default to order by your rankings? 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:
1 hour ago, ZWK said:

do these default to order by your rankings? 

My spreadsheet is sorted by "overall rtg", which includes size, speed, age, etc. in addition to career production. To compare with the rotoworld ones, I re-sorted by "production score" (which is only based on 2018 production). So my top 10 (limited to guys on his list) were: Hakeem Butler, Andy Isabella, Emanuel Hall, Antoine Wesley, D.K. Metcalf, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Marquise Brown, N'Keal Harry, Gary Jennings, and A.J. Brown. (Some other guys like Scott Miller and Tyler Johnson would be in there but didn't make the Rotoworld list.)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ZWK said:

My spreadsheet is sorted by "overall rtg", which includes size, speed, age, etc. in addition to career production. To compare with the rotoworld ones, I re-sorted by "production score" (which is only based on 2018 production). So my top 10 (limited to guys on his list) were: Hakeem Butler, Andy Isabella, Emanuel Hall, Antoine Wesley, D.K. Metcalf, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Marquise Brown, N'Keal Harry, Gary Jennings, and A.J. Brown. (Some other guys like Scott Miller and Tyler Johnson would be in there but didn't make the Rotoworld list.)

thanks. this is obviously different than anything else I've seen. it's interesting and I appreciate you putting in this work

7 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I think people overlook how insane those numbers are because people equate it to NFL reception numbers.  40 receptions for a RB in a season in CFB is an elite number.  Those kind of numbers Williams put up just don't happen in college football from a RB.  Adding even more perspective, Reggie Bush and Christian McCaffrey had career highs in the mid 40's.  Saquon's was 52 I believe.

Second most in the NCAA this year I believe was 53.

• Like 3

Remember JJ Watt video of him leaping out of a pool before the draft?

Here's an interesting video of a big man doing back flips at over 300 lbs.

---------------------------------------

This is 320-pound, Western Illinois DT Khalen Saunders

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Time of year when small school guys get to show they can compete on the big stage. This is 320-pound, Western Illinois DT Khalen Saunders (@khalenNOTkaylen), who is heading to the Senior Bowl next week. Backflips at his size....

8:12 AM - 16 Jan 2019

------------------------------------

He's not just a freak side-show.

He dominated his lower level competition.

LINK to video compilation.

-------------------------------------

"The Aaron Donald of The FCS" || Khalen Saunders || Senior Highlight Mix || Western Illinois

Edited by Bracie Smathers
  • Like 1

Tony Pollard - RB -  Tigers

Memphis RB Tony Pollard has been added to the Reese's Senior Bowl roster.

Pollard (6'0/208) coming in relatively late, here. The bursty back's most notable claim to fame comes in his return-game prowess -- he notched seven kick-return touchdowns during his career with the Tigers, tying the NCAA record. He also provides a nice set of receiving chops, having caught 104 passes during his three active years at Memphis. As a pure runner, Pollard rushed for a career-best 552 yards on just 78 carries during the just-completed campaign. His versatility intrigues, and he has shown the kind of athletic upside that should play well in combine testing and the like.

Source: Jim Nagy on Twitter 

Jan 17 - 1:46 PM

LJ Scott - RB -  Spartans

Michigan State RB LJ Scott (ankle) has been ruled out for the Reese's Senior Bowl.

Scott (6'1/225) dealt with a multitude of injuries during the 2018 season, missing so much time that he actually would have been eligible for a redshirt had he not participated in MSU's Redbox Bowl showdown with Oregon at the end of December. Given the large, large chunk of time that he has already missed in the recent past -- as well as his generally underwhelming play when healthy -- it would have been a nice beat for his draft stock had he at least managed to show a little something in Mobile. As is, no dice. Scott is going to need a strong combine upcoming, because he really hasn't given evaluators much to work with over the past year.

Source: Aaron McMann on Twitter 

Jan 17 - 12:21 PM

All-NFLPA Team & Top 10 Prospects

NFL Draft Scout's Rick Serritella writes that Baylor QB Jalan McClendon has seen significant interest at NFLPA Collegiate Bowl practices.

McClendon did not play often when at Baylor, completing 55-of-91 passes for 715 yards and three interceptions. You apparently wouldn't know that by watching him in Pasadena this week. "McClendon possesses great size (6'4/215) and poise in the pocket, along with impressive arm velocity," Serritella writes. "He met with a dozen teams on day one and that number is sure to increase after today." He also mentions that the signal-caller has impressed with his football acumen. This is a name to keep an eye on.

Source: NFL Draft Scout 

Jan 16 - 6:12 PM

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller "can see Round 2" for Memphis RB Darrell Henderson.

Miller also said that Henderson's landing spot is dependent on where Alabama RB Joshua Jacobs gets drafted. Jacobs seems to be a fringe Day 1 prospect as of now -- Daniel Jeremiah mocked Jacobs as the 5th overall pick in his Mock Draft 1.0 -- so a second-round grade for Henderson makes sense to us. Henderson is as productive as a prospect can be, so his final draft grade is dependent on how he tests at the NFL Combine.

Source: Matt Miller on Twitter 

Jan 18 - 7:19 PM

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Faust said:

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller "can see Round 2" for Memphis RB Darrell Henderson. Miller also said that Henderson's landing spot is dependent on where Alabama RB Joshua Jacobs gets drafted. Jacobs seems to be a fringe Day 1 prospect as of now -- Daniel Jeremiah mocked Jacobs as the 5th overall pick in his Mock Draft 1.0 -- so a second-round grade for Henderson makes sense to us. Henderson is as productive as a prospect can be, so his final draft grade is dependent on how he tests at the NFL Combine. Source: Matt Miller on Twitter  Jan 18 - 7:19 PM

Jacobs 5th overall??? wow. 

Henderson is a stud. change of pace is a terrible label for him. I honestly think he is likely to be a top 5 rookie draft pick

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

Jacobs 5th overall??? wow. 

It's hard to see him going that high but just a few hours ago I was listening to Jeremiah's podcast he recorded a few days ago and he was effusive in not only his praise for Jacobs but he was relaying a conversation he had with a current NFL scout. I'll paraphrase here but his story went along the lines of the scout asked him where he had Jacobs ranked, he said round one/two area, and the scout inferred he was to low on him and asked him what does he not like about him to rank him so low? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, menobrown said:

It's hard to see him going that high but just a few hours ago I was listening to Jeremiah's podcast he recorded a few days ago and he was effusive in not only his praise for Jacobs but he was relaying a conversation he had with a current NFL scout. I'll paraphrase here but his story went along the lines of the scout asked him where he had Jacobs ranked, he said round one/two area, and the scout inferred he was to low on him and asked him what does he not like about him to rank him so low? 

this is great. I think hes one of the few who can be a big impact player in fantasy right out of the gait. I'd love to see him go to a team that will actually use him. TB is a good sleeper team for him and I'd see it as a positive landing spot

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

this is great. I think hes one of the few who can be a big impact player in fantasy right out of the gait. I'd love to see him go to a team that will actually use him. TB is a good sleeper team for him and I'd see it as a positive landing spot

When I heard that podcast it was the first time I got excited about pick 1.1. Obviously a long way to go still but we are talking about a pass catching, three down skillset/frame RB with low mileage that is starting to look more and more like a first round NFL pick and the commitment by the team that usually entails.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, menobrown said:

Dane Brugler has been really high on Jacobs for a while now. He has had him as his #1 RB. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krsone21 said:

Dane Brugler has been really high on Jacobs for a while now. He has had him as his #1 RB. 

Dane is the one I have credited with turning me onto him when I saw him had him as #1RB,  I was surprised when I saw that. He talked about him being a fast riser and he seems to have been dead right and ahead of curve, but it's building. Found out tonight Matt Miller had him as player #9, that's overall and then we got Jeremiah putting him at #5 in a mock, the scout saying DJ was lowballing looking at him as late first round kind of guy,etc,etc. Dane was right, this guy seems to be picking up a ton of steam.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Dane is the one I have credited with turning me onto him when I saw him had him as #1RB,  I was surprised when I saw that. He talked about him being a fast riser and he seems to have been dead right and ahead of curve, but it's building. Found out tonight Matt Miller had him as player #9, that's overall and then we got Jeremiah putting him at #5 in a mock, the scout saying DJ was lowballing looking at him as late first round kind of guy,etc,etc. Dane was right, this guy seems to be picking up a ton of steam.

Same here. I'll be honest Jacobs wasn't even on my radar until I saw that Dane was so high on him. He opened my eyes to Jacobs and got me into looking at him more closely.

2 hours ago, krsone21 said:

Same here. I'll be honest Jacobs wasn't even on my radar until I saw that Dane was so high on him. He opened my eyes to Jacobs and got me into looking at him more closely.

ditto for me

16 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Anyone got any opinions on this: Golladay for a 2019 1st rounder. I can get pick #6 for him.

I'd take Galladay. Hes a proven asset with room to grow. this draft is pretty deep at wr so 1.6 could be a special player, but that's a little low imo. it could also be a rb like Henderson, Anderson, holyfield. depends what you need- deep at wr I might try to get more. 

The FBG value chart had a mid 1st as "13" in December (wasnt on the January chart), and Golladay as a 21 in January

If I owned Golladay I'd be looking for a top 3 pick for him straight up. 

22 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Anyone got any opinions on this: Golladay for a 2019 1st rounder. I can get pick #6 for him.

why would you bail on the #1 wr in Detroit? Im sure you are scared of the ground and pound OC hire, but that defense stinks they will have to throw plenty

7 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

why would you bail on the #1 wr in Detroit? Im sure you are scared of the ground and pound OC hire, but that defense stinks they will have to throw plenty

I think Detroit drafts a wr early, so oddly enough 1.6 could be the rookie that ends up there. 

Assuming AJ Brown, Mefcalf, Jacobs, Harry are gone... then you're probably seeing a rb go at 1.5: Montgomery/Harris/Henderson maybe

so 1.6 would be a potential decision of JJAW, Butler, Marquis Brown, one of the rb listed above and maybe Anderson

If JJAW lands in a favorable spot, that could be a nice grab. 

Still... a proven wr who is moving into the #1 role is worth more than a mid 1st unproven player. 

Edited by Dr. Dan

Yeah, that ground & pound crap has me on edge. It is so lame and so 1970s. Look at the teams in the running that are left. All 4 are top scoring teams. The Lions are just morons. I can forget about TDs inside the 5. They will continue their now patented failure of run and the kick a FG. It's a tough decision and I guess I'll wait and see what drops to #6 in the draft.

This draft is so ridiculously deep in both RB and WR that the same guy at 6 may be available in the top of the 3rd round.

18 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

I wish teams would just come out and destroy that crap team weekly in the 1st half and force them to throw the whole game instead of the also patented wait until the 4th Q to mount a charge..

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I'd be pretty disappointed in some of those landing spots for the top wr talent. but the RBs are pretty solid. love jacobs to phi, Montgomery to kc, and Henderson to NYJ

Exactly what I thought. Nkeal becomes a zero. The 1.1 is a tossup.

Just now, lod001 said:

Exactly what I thought. Nkeal becomes a zero. The 1.1 is a tossup.

If the draft went that way- Harry and Brown tanking their value- I would probably feel good taking Jacobs, Montgomery, Henderson with picks 1-3, in no order because I own all 3 lol

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I'd be pretty disappointed in some of those landing spots for the top wr talent. but the RBs are pretty solid. love jacobs to phi, Montgomery to kc, and Henderson to NYJ

I also thought that you would like the landing spot for Daniel Jones in that mock draft.