What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2019 NFL Draft Class (2 Viewers)

I'm guessing it's the #1 player listed in that Iink....David Montgomery.  I got him as the 7th Devy player picked in a recent draft as well and feeling great about it.  Not much was talked about this guy but feel the hype will grow and grow throughout season. Prototype size (5'10", 225lbs).  He can do it all at a very high level (elusive, power, vision and natural catcher). Only thing he's lacking is elite speed, but he's still a 4.5 type of guy which is workable given all other talents. He's only been playing RB for 2 yrs (was a HS QB) so he's still growing as a pure RB. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing it's the #1 player listed in that Iink....David Montgomery.  I got him as the 7th Devy player picked in a recent draft as well and feeling great about it.  Not much was talked about this guy but feel the hype will grow and grow throughout season. Prototype size (5'10", 225lbs).  He can do it all at a very high level (elusive, power, vision and natural catcher). Only thing he's lacking is elite speed, but he's still a 4.5 type of guy which is workable given all other talents. He's only been playing RB for 2 yrs (was a HS QB) so he's still growing as a pure RB. 
Yep. I grabbed him too. Should be one of if not the best RB prospect next year.

I'm a fan.  I recently took him as the #6 overall devy player in our ongoing draft.

Only been a RB for a couple years as was a HS QB so still learning nuances of the position, read that his elusiveness is off the charts (and his tape shows that), natural receiver and perfect RB size.  Only thing he's missing is elite breakaway speed.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa-state/Bolt/Montgomery-breaks-PFF-Colleges-forced-missed-tackles-record-110738198

in progress :

1.    Cam Akers - RB Florida State - Canadian Bacon
2.     Jonathan Taylor - RB Wisconsin - Mighty CSD
3 .    JK Dobbins - RB Ohio State - Syd Terrapin
4.     AJ Brown - WR Ole Miss - Weaselicious
5.     N'Keal Harry - WR Arizona State - Bears Lair
6.     David Montgomery - RB Iowa State - Chosen Ones
7.     Bryce Love - RB Stanford - Helmet Heads
8.     D'Andre Swift - RB Georgia - Bishop Reign
9.     Damien Harris - RB Alabama - Tazmaniac
10.   Parris Campbell - WR Ohio State - Pride of Pei Mei 
11.   Collin Johnson - WR Texas - Wranglers
I’m a fan also. I drafted him at pick 1.10 of a Devy/Rookie draft. I was happy he was still there.

Every thing you said about him is spot on.

WR are loaded next year.  N'Keal Harry, AJ Brown, DeKalyn Metcalf, and Bryan Robertson are all guys I have ranked in devy over all 2018 WR.  Michael Pittman, Kelvin Harmon, Ahman Richards, and Demetrius Robinson could get there with little surprise.
I’m really high on Harry, Brown, and Harmon. Yes I put Harmon in the same tier as Harry and Brown personally.

Pro Football Focus notes that Washington senior RB Myles Gaskin was ninth last year in "breakaway yardage."

Gaskin had 633 of his 1,282 yards come on breakaway yardage, or for those unfamiliar with the term, yards on runs that goes for 15-plus yards. While that number ranked ninth among returning tailbacks, it pales in comparison to some others who had a substantially higher percentage of their yardage in these type of runs. That should be seen as a positive, as it speaks to Gaskin's ability to consistently churn out four-plus yards; something NFL teams love to see. Gaskin's lack of size (5'10/190) is going to hurt his NFL stock, but his talent gives him a shot of being a professional tailback.

Source: Pro Football Focus on Twitter 

Jun 18 - 11:36 AM

Oregon junior QB Justin Herbert had a passer rating of 105.9 on standard passes last season.

Best mark in the Pac-12 among returning passers, according to Pro Football Focus. The outlet earlier passed along an additional juicy nugget, in that Herbert posted a passer rating of 121.6 on plays which lasted longer than 2.6 seconds. On the whole, the 6-foot-6, 225-pounder threw for 1,983 yards with a 15/5 TD/INT ratio in eight games last season. His numbers would have been more robust had he not been waylaid by a broken collarbone for a chunk of the campaign. Herbert has the potential to be drafted first overall next spring.

Source: PFF College on Twitter 

Stanford senior RB Bryce Love averaged 4.28 yards after contact last season.

Love (5'10/184) is most well known for his bolt-of-lightning touchdown gallops, but he's also a tough runner who does not shy away from contact. Per Pro Football Focus, those 4.28 yards averaged after contact were good for ninth-most in the FBS among returning backs. So long as he can maintain his health -- he dealt with a nagging ankle injury throughout the 2017 campaign -- he'll be on the short list of Heisman candidates this fall. Love rushed for 2,112 yards and 19 touchdowns last season.

Source: PFF College on Twitter 

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline gives Ohio State junior WR Binjimen Victor a second-round grade coming into the season.

Victor is one of four players to get first or second-round pick grades, joining defensive end Nick Bosa, defensive tackle Dre'Mont Jones and safety Jordan Fuller. He's also one of four wideouts to get a Day 2 grade along with Parris Campbell, Austin Mack and K.J. Hill. "The junior wideout has excellent length and legitimate speed," writes Pauline. "He presents himself as a vertical receiver and also catches the underneath routes on a regular basis." There doesn't seem to be much consensus as to who the top wideout on the Buckeyes is among analysts, but with a 6-foot-4, 200-pound frame, it's easy to see why Victor tops Pauline -- and several others -- boards to start the season.

Source: Draft Analyst

Jul 20 - 7:25 PM

Users who are viewing this thread