Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Joe Bryant

Dynasty Content - Bloom 100 Top Rookies Ready 2/2/18

Recommended Posts

Hey Guys,

One of the things you guys asked for was Rookie info much earlier than we've ever done in the past. We always start that info closer to the NFL Draft but one of the things you told us on the Reader Survey and also here was you'd like to see that info much earlier. 

We heard you and we're delivering. Our Sigmund Bloom just released his Top 100 Rookies here.

Obviously, this list will see massive changes as stories develop over the next six months. But Sig's laying out what he sees now based on what we know now. Feedback and discussion is most welcome. 

Knock yourselves out and let's have a great 2018. Enjoy the Super Bowl tomorrow.

 

Important Note:

I'd love to see this thread used for discussion. But PLEASE understand, HOW it's discussed is crucial.

Disagreement is the engine that drives discussion. That's a given. But there are mulitple ways to disagree.

If it's :lmao: or "what you smoking?" comment, that's the same as saying "I want to kill any real discussion". 

The alternative is "I don't see it. Can you help me understand why you think that?" That opens the discussion and both sides may learn something. Let's do 100% of the latter and 0% of the former.

Thanks.

 

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome read, thanks for posting.

I can buy into Bloom's top 4, but I would move both Ridley and Washington above Chubb. He's too high on St. Brown and even though I'm not high on Sutton, he should be above several players above him.  The same goes for Christian Kirk.  Too high on Walton, Kelly, and Cobbs.  I would move Gesicki and Rosen above Hines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

Hey Guys,

One of the things you guys asked for was Rookie info much earlier than we've ever done in the past. We always start that info closer to the NFL Draft but one of the things you told us on the Reader Survey and also here was you'd like to see that info much earlier. 

We heard you and we're delivering. Our Sigmund Bloom just released his Top 100 Rookies here.

Obviously, this list will see massive changes as stories develop over the next six months. But Sig's laying out what he sees now based on what we know now. Feedback and discussion is most welcome. 

Knock yourselves out and let's have a great 2018. Enjoy the Super Bowl tomorrow.

 

Good stuff. Thanks for the heads up, Joe. 

 

One if if the other things your subscribers are asking for in the “dynasty rankings” thread is updated dynasty rankings as we head into the offseason trading period for all of our dynasty leagues. I tried to “@“ call out you, David and all of the dynasty rankers on the site without as much of a peep for a reply. So now that I have your attention ;) can you give us some kind of solid update on when we can expect to see at least a couple of your staff put out updated rankings, please? TIA

Edited by joey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Guys. We should have updated regular Dynasty rankings over the next couple of weeks. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:

Thanks Guys. We should have updated regular Dynasty rankings over the next couple of weeks. 

Thanks Joe!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2018 at 7:51 AM, JohnnyU said:

Awesome read, thanks for posting.

I can buy into Bloom's top 4, but I would move both Ridley and Washington above Chubb. He's too high on St. Brown and even though I'm not high on Sutton, he should be above several players above him.  The same goes for Christian Kirk.  Too high on Walton, Kelly, and Cobbs.  I would move Gesicki and Rosen above Hines. 

This is very preliminary and already I am revising it. Chubb is a tough eval because while he's a two down back, a team that takes him could give him the fournette treatment. im not sure ridley or washington are #1s, but if they land with a good QB. Agree that there's a break at 4. I am working through WRs right now and will be refining them. QBs are always tough to slot on a list like this because value is falling in traditional leagues. thanks for reading!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Joe!

I'm one of those always complaining..er... suggesting.. for more and earlier dynasty content. I really like to get to know and understand which rookies I should be keeping my eye on at the Combine and than at the Draft. 

And it's also good to get conversations going on why some folks like some players and other's don't. I think, in particular this class, is going to be very divisive in evaluations after Barkley. 

For example, Simmie Cobb over Christian Kirk? Uh, no. 

And I'm the lead engineer on the Kalen Ballage hype train and Sig has him listed way too low. Choo-Choo! 

Edited by Liquid Courage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sigmund Bloom said:

This is very preliminary and already I am revising it. Chubb is a tough eval because while he's a two down back, a team that takes him could give him the fournette treatment. im not sure ridley or washington are #1s, but if they land with a good QB. Agree that there's a break at 4. I am working through WRs right now and will be refining them. QBs are always tough to slot on a list like this because value is falling in traditional leagues. thanks for reading!

Thanks Sig! My opinion is that none of these WRs are #1's regardless of landing spot. I don't think anyone should be expecting more than supplementing their current WR corp on their dynasty team with these guys. I don't see anyone of them becoming a top 10 finisher in their career, except for maybe Washington. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Liquid Courage said:

Thanks Joe!

I'm one of those always complaining..er... suggesting.. for more and earlier dynasty content. I really like to get to know and understand which rookies I should be keeping my eye on at the Combine and than at the Draft. 

And it's also good to get conversations going on why some folks like some players and other's don't. I think, in particular this class, is going to be very divisive in evaluations after Barkley. 

For example, Simmie Cobb over Christian Kirk? Uh, no. 

And I'm the lead engineer on the Kalen Ballage hype train and Sig has him listed way too low. Choo-Choo! 

I think Kirk is a limited to slot receiver and I didn't see a lot that made him stand out as a projection as an outside receiver. I am warming to Ballage and he certainly has the receiving skills and physical profile to be a lot better pro player than college player

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great list Sigmund.  I always like reading your work and taking some half court shots accordingly.   I am going to take a closer look at Anthony Miller and Mark Walton.  On a related note, Bob Henry and Dan Hindery have recently posted rookie rankings on the FBG site.  Thanks for the rookie information made available earlier, it is appreciated.

Edited by miqws
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One big thing I'll go back and add to the original post:

I'd love to see this thread used for discussion. But PLEASE understand, HOW it's discussed is crucial.

Disagreement is the engine that drives discussion. That's a given. But there are mulitple ways to disagree.

If it's :lmao: or "what you smoking?" comment, that's the same as saying "I want to kill any real discussion". 

The alternative is "I don't see it. Can you help me understand why you think that?" That opens the discussion and both sides may learn something. Let's do 100% of the latter and 0% of the former.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2018 at 3:50 PM, Madden Curse said:

Nice info and it's great to have this out so early.

I agree - thanks for getting this out so early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloom is good start but where are the board members lists? @Biabreakable @Andy Dufresne and I’d like to see @Hankmoody ‘s list too. There’s some more board members that I haven’t mentioned that usually have lists started by now. Quit slacking please. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put up a thread to post rookie rankings before the combine and draft with my own list a couple weeks ago now @Borden, a couple others have posted there as well.  HERE is the link.

As for @Sigmund Bloom can you explain Gallup to me a little?  Your explanation that you wrote up with him is pretty glowing in regards to traits that he seems to have but then you cap him as a #2 WR?  "Intense focus, fundamental route running, ball skills, prowess after the catch" all seem pretty good to me.  Sounds like you're explaining JuJu.  He's one of my favorites in this draft, and I see him with the same type of ceiling as guys like Auden Tate.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Borden said:

Bloom is good start but where are the board members lists? @Biabreakable @Andy Dufresne and I’d like to see @Hankmoody ‘s list too. There’s some more board members that I haven’t mentioned that usually have lists started by now. Quit slacking please. 

Ha!!

:potkettle:

Where is your list? Who is the next Jordan Howard or Chris Carson?

I actually am trying to do a more detailed form of charting this year, however its time consuming. I have only finished 3 players so far using this method. Going to be awhile before I will have anything like a list.

Recently besides jabbering about other stuff I have been trying to focus on the veterans for rankings before going back to evaluating rookies. I am somewhat torn as far as which is more important. I think the rankings matter more, just not as fun as watching the rookies is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hankmoody I read all that but my pee sized brain got hung up on the mystery man. I’m looking forward to discovering this character. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:51 AM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

nice job, I know seems like a complaint but could we get it without the IDP? 

HEY   :angry:

 

 

 

 

 

 

:scared:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason the pre-draft Bloom 100 was taken down...usually you keep it on the site even after the draft?

Also...when is his post-draft version going up...I am guessing today based on the pre-draft one disappearing over the weekend?

Lastly...will we get a Bramel rookie tiers with IDP article again this year...really hoping he can do one as it is the most useful article for this time of year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

No mention of the post draft Bloom 100 posted yet?  It’s up and running

It made my day when I saw this and the combined draft board posted at FBG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2018 at 1:51 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

nice job, I know seems like a complaint but could we get it without the IDP? 

Second this. I know it sounds trivial, but I use this type of material for estimating ADP. So, If own the 3.6 pick in an upcoming draft, it would be nice to scroll down to the 30th ranked player and scroll up or down to gauge where a player I like falls on the spectrum, without having to start from the top and count only offensive players. It's akin to wrench vs crescent wrench. Not a big deal though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mister CIA said:

Second this. I know it sounds trivial, but I use this type of material for estimating ADP. So, If own the 3.6 pick in an upcoming draft, it would be nice to scroll down to the 30th ranked player and scroll up or down to gauge where a player I like falls on the spectrum, without having to start from the top and count only offensive players. It's akin to wrench vs crescent wrench. Not a big deal though.

copy/paste into a spreadsheet and remove the IDP players?

;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know how to say this politely: Penny at 13 is garbage and is going to be a very bad look for this site a year from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

I don’t know how to say this politely: Penny at 13 is garbage and is going to be a very bad look for this site a year from now.

He's been a a long anti-Penny streak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, looking at those tiers and the number of draftable players in each round is pretty low this year after the first.  I have a 16 team IDP dynasty and there aren't even 12 guys listed as being worthy of many of the rounds.  Trying to gauge who'll be available to me at my 2.06 is really difficult this year given the weak WR class making sure that the IDP's will probably go early and often this year.  I'll get a solid pick at the 1.06 depending on who falls there but after that it's a crapshoot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, onionsack said:

Another Penny skeptic, good....good...

I have a couple 1.07's and I can only dream...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bojang0301 said:

I don’t know how to say this politely: Penny at 13 is garbage and is going to be a very bad look for this site a year from now.

People always want rankings but the second their man crush is ranked 3 spots low they flip out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, voiceofunreason said:

People always want rankings but the second their man crush is ranked 3 spots low they flip out.

You misspelled "10".

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

People always want rankings but the second their man crush is ranked 3 spots low they flip out.

PFF has him as their #2 RB, Graham Barfield #2, JJ Zacharisan #2, Player Profiler #3, Yahoo #2, Evan Silva top of his best ball Tier 4 ahead of Guice, Michel, Jones, Freeman... it’s a look at me ranking. I highly dislike Ronald Jones but he’s #7 on my list because I know that I can take him and instantly flip him for value plus he does have a good situation. Also, he has no quantitative argument against Penny. Just wants to squat and ##### about pass blocking and to say his yards after contact should be ignored because of... reasons.

Also, your schtick is beyond old. You add nothing to any conversation. Just a petulant child. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

PFF has him as their #2 RB, Graham Barfield #2, JJ Zacharisan #2, Player Profiler #3, Yahoo #2, Evan Silva top of his best ball Tier 4 ahead of Guice, Michel, Jones, Freeman... it’s a look at me ranking. I highly dislike Ronald Jones but he’s #7 on my list because I know that I can take him and instantly flip him for value plus he does have a good situation. Also, he has no quantitative argument against Penny. Just wants to squat and ##### about pass blocking and to say his yards after contact should be ignored because of... reasons.

Also, your schtick is beyond old. You add nothing to any conversation. Just a petulant child. 

You’ve made ten posts a day pimping Penny. You like him, we get it. Lighten up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year more than most, RBs are so deep that it feels like my favorite players are landing anywhere from 3 to 8 just in RB rankings.  Fold in a love affair with a QB or two and it's hard for me to call any spot in the top 12 ridiculous for one of these guys...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 0:30 PM, niagararapids said:

 

Also...when is his post-draft version going up...I am guessing today based on the pre-draft one disappearing over the weekend?

 

Pre-draft rankings are listed on the post draft rankings, just in (parentheses).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.