Followers 0
BassNBrew

2018 FBG WSL1 Discussion Thread

275 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

Are we talking Pryor drafts???

well played sir...well played....one of my top 5 fantasy whiffs of all time

25 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

lol..yeah I think it was you and a few others.... Mr. I comes to mind...

in 2016 Hill finished WR18....in 2017 I took him as WR17 in one WSL and WR24 in the other....I did a little digging and from what I can see across the board Hill's 2017 ADP was in fact right around WR20 in most leagues fantasy wide....so not a tremendous reach as it turned out and actually decent value as he finished WR9....he sat out week 17 or he might have been top 7 leapfrogging Theilan and Julio...he was not as much value as say Theilan or Marvin by any means....guys are gonna get lucky and hit it out of the park sometimes....but I don't really recall anybody pounding the table for either of those guys like I did for Hill and correctly predicting that I wouldn't be surprised if he finished top 10....just sayin...;)

I was busy pounding the table for Keenan (only a few WR spots ahead of Tyreek by ADP) who I reached for. Plus, if you pound the table for a guy with like a WR50 ADP, people tend to pile on you. I preferred to just quietly reach a round or two for Marvin (or snipe him cheaply in auctions).

On 2/8/2018 at 1:56 PM, -OZ- said:

I was really close to taking my wr2. He won't make it back either.

I don't know whether you were referring to Davis here, but I knew it in my bones you were going to snipe him from me. I freaking KNEW it. :rant:

Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I don't know whether you were referring to Davis here, but I knew it in my bones you were going to snipe him from me. I freaking KNEW it. :rant:

MR I youre up!

8 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

MR I youre up!

LOL, I know. I'll make a pick in a few.

1.11 Saquon Brakley RB    

2.06 Mixon, Joe CIN RB    

3.11 Robinson, Allen JAC WR        

4.06 Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR        

5.11 Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB.

Wow - not sure how I feel about this team.  

29 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

:D Davis is exactly whom I was referring. Was very glad to see him there. I might be too high but I have him on par with Funches, Jones, etc. 

15 minutes ago, Fullback Fro said:

1.11 Saquon Brakley RB    

2.06 Mixon, Joe CIN RB    

3.11 Robinson, Allen JAC WR        

4.06 Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR        

5.11 Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB.

Wow - not sure how I feel about this team.  

Lots of potential. Lots of risk.

I'm pretty happy with this team, but not unlike Fro, great potential with high risk.

Wentz, Carson PHI QB 

Fournette, Leonard JAC RB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Davis, Corey TEN WR

Evans, Mike TBB WR

2 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

:D Davis is exactly whom I was referring. Was very glad to see him there. I might be too high but I have him on par with Funches, Jones, etc. 

Lots of potential. Lots of risk.

I guess that'd be all of us.  LOL

1 person likes this

Brady, Tom NEP QB		424.1	-	4.04

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB		167.7	-	5.13
Hyde, Carlos SFO RB		235.8	-	3.13
McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB	230.6	-	2.04

Beckham, Odell NYG WR (Q)	74.0	-	1.13
Garcon, Pierre SFO WR (Q)	90.0	-	6.04

Fairly high floor, fairly low ceiling. 

Looks like I'm committed to going for broke with a few of my mid-rounders if I want anything better than a mid-pack finish here.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant
1 person likes this

I have to admit, taking Doyle here was my hardest choice so far. I really like the dude, but i don't think he quite repeats his receptions from last year. It was tempting to go with upside, but I figure I'll go for more upside later, he's a steadying influence.

3 hours ago, -OZ- said:

I have to admit, taking Doyle here was my hardest choice so far. I really like the dude, but i don't think he quite repeats his receptions from last year. It was tempting to go with upside, but I figure I'll go for more upside later, he's a steadying influence.

Almost took him last pick.  I'm glad I didn't have to choose btw him and QB2 right there.

:hifive:

1 person likes this

Been eyeing Edelman for a couple rounds, happy to get him in the 6th.

7 minutes ago, bro1ncos said:

Been eyeing Edelman for a couple rounds, happy to get him in the 6th.

Solid pick

so far:

Matt Stafford

David Johnson

Sony Michel (R)

Alshon Jeffery

Doug Baldwin

Kelvin Benjamin

Hunter Henry 

Was wondering when luck would go. If I hadn't taken Wentz (say I'd have taken Graham or Walker instead), I'd probably have taken luck last round, this seems about the right risk/reward. 

18 hours ago, -OZ- said:

I like him much better than Funchess. I like Marvin a hair better, but thought I could get Marvin later so I actually had Davis 3rd in line behind Diggs and Hilton at 4.03, so IMO, you got a steal at 5.12.

:kicksrock:

@Sweet Love - I wanted Cohen! 

1.7 Dalvin Cook, RB - Wanted Kamara here.  Considered Fournette and Hopkins.  Felt Cook had more upside than Fournette and that WR was much deeper than RB.

2.10 Davonte Adams, WR - Kind of feel like I choked under the pressure of making this pick.  Amari Cooper is who I wanted to take, but I felt like he would slide into the 3rd.  Freeman was tempting at RB.  Howard/Hill both in situations in flux.  Ultimately decided to take the WR1 of the best QB in the league.  Virtually no upside here, but barring injury a very safe pick.

3.7 Amari Cooper, WR - Carr was hurt most of the year.  Cooper is really talented  Wasn't much of a decision, but Hyde and Cooks were tempting.

4.10 Jimmy Graham, TE - TE has me concerned this year.  Last year there were so many options in theory, this year I'm confused.  Who knows where Graham will end up, hopefully somewhere where he returns to his Saints form.  Considered Hunter Henry here and would have doubled dipped if he survived the turn.

5.7 Phillip Rivers, QB - Didn't want to get caught on the wrong side of the run so I reached for a safe option to post points but isn't a difference maker.  Matt Ryan was a consideration

6.10 Marcus Mariota, QB - It's getting thin to grab a backup QB and my preferred pick will survive the turn.

7.7 Will Fuller, WR - When healthy and having a healthy Watson, he was unstoppable this year.  Great to get a WR3 with a WR2 punch.  If I'm wrong on Cooper and he busts then Fuller could become crucial.

Steven Ridley is his younger brother Calvin

I debated Marquis Goodwin, him and jimmy G had an excellent rapport. However  I think they address the position more in FA/Draft.  

1 person likes this

Nice Trubinsky pick @Mr. Irrelevant. I thought for sure he'd fall here, but he's one of the last guys available who we know will start. So I kinda had to take Eli (don't like the others, even the ones we think start next year, including the rookies) and hope the eagles and Giants don't share a bye. 

1 person likes this

Thanks for being patient with me. Headed back to the mainland today from Key West, but still six days from being off the road. Tampa and Destin and then a three day business trip.

Thankful to enjoy some days in the 80s in February and the beautiful water as well.

QB - Alex Smith

RB - Ingram & McKinnon

WR - Hopkins, Cooks, Agholor & Richardson

TE - Walker

Weak at quarterback and running back, with strength at wide receiver. Going to have to find some bargains later to hang around.

45 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

. Going to have to find some bargains later to hang around.

Same can be said for everyone.

QB - Carson and Eli. Seems fairly strong, Carson is one of the best already and Eli should rebound.

RB - Henry, fournette. should be a strong top 2, but my depth might hurt.

WR - Evans, c Davis, Ridley. Calvin seems the most pro ready and should be a strong wr3, i think. Evans better bounce back after a down year, Davis flashed a bit, I think he'll make a splash this year.

TE - Doyle. He ain't sexy but should be good in ppr. 

Last round hurt as I truly expected Njoku and Trubinsky to be there, wasn't sure which one I'd take. 

Edited by -OZ-

40 minutes ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Thanks for being patient with me. Headed back to the mainland today from Key West, but still six days from being off the road. Tampa and Destin and then a three day business trip.

Thankful to enjoy some days in the 80s in February and the beautiful water as well.

QB - Alex Smith

RB - Ingram & McKinnon

WR - Hopkins, Cooks, Agholor & Richardson

TE - Walker

Weak at quarterback and running back, with strength at wide receiver. Going to have to find some bargains later to hang around.

At least you've got a good excuse! Feels like this is going really slowly, but it really doesn't matter. It's a free mock in February...

What spurred you to take McKinnon and Richardson at this point? Both are guys I was interested in, but figured they'd go much later.

On 2/9/2018 at 2:38 PM, -OZ- said:

I'm pretty happy with this team, but not unlike Fro, great potential with high risk.

Wentz, Carson PHI QB 

Fournette, Leonard JAC RB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Davis, Corey TEN WR

Evans, Mike TBB WR

This was probably my favorite non-my team through 5 rounds. I guess one could call Henry and Davis risks, but where you got them, even if they are just average starters, they should hold RB22 and WR31 value based off of volume/workload alone.

17 hours ago, -OZ- said:

Steven Ridley is his younger brother Calvin

:rant: You throw off the WR and RB tally when you use a RB placeholder for a WR!

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

At least you've got a good excuse! Feels like this is going really slowly, but it really doesn't matter. It's a free mock in February...

What spurred you to take McKinnon and Richardson at this point? Both are guys I was interested in, but figured they'd go much later.

This was probably my favorite non-my team through 5 rounds. I guess one could call Henry and Davis risks, but where you got them, even if they are just average starters, they should hold RB22 and WR31 value based off of volume/workload alone.

:rant: You throw off the WR and RB tally when you use a RB placeholder for a WR!

Fine. It's Bernard Reedy now. 

Happy?

Edited by -OZ-

1 minute ago, -OZ- said:

Good point. Sorry. Maybe I'll change the pick....

It's not actually a big deal. Just figured I'd mention it as something to keep in mind for the future.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Fine. It's Bernard Reedy now. 

Happy?

My hero :wub:

1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I'm glad somebody else picked that nit before I had a chance to. :P

Really relieved both Howard and Trubisky fell to me. Considering my team needs (youth and upside) they were each the last names on my list before large drop-offs. If I hadn't gotten either I'd have likely resorted to a "throw 3 TE or 2 backup QB darts in the late rounds" approach, which have each burned me badly in years past.

1 person likes this

1.06 Alvin Kamara RB5 NOS:

82 receptions had him finishing 13th in the league overall....expect some regression, but pretty much a no brainer...kinda glad I was in top 6 because I think these 6 will be pretty much chalk moving forward and I think at 7 you start having to make some choices....if I wasn't in top 6 I would prefer to be at the bottom of the first....feels like the mid rounds starting at 7 is kind of a no mans land...

2.11 DeVonta Freeman RB15 ATL:

Had Keenan Allen penciled in here but RB's were drying up as I looked down the list and felt Freeman kind of ended a tier...also felt ok about continuing to delete the RB pool....hoping that by making this move I gain a little advantage on some of the field at RB2 each week....

3.06 Josh Gordon WR15 CLE: 

Dude is on that list of players where the expectations and feelings about the player will probably be all over the map....interested to see where he ends up in the rankings come August...even with crappy QB play, he still showed some flashes of the talent...hopefully this is the year for some positive changes in CLE....felt the other options here at WR also had some questions so rolling the dice here on top 10 talent...

4.11 Jordy Nelson WR25 GB:

I guess he will probably be on the same list as Gordon....prior to the Rodgers injury he was a top 6 WR...and doing what he always does....when he fell off the cliff for the rest of the season, he must have lost a leg or something because apparently the fantasy world has put a fork in him....he doesn't strike me as the kind of player that just becomes irrelevant like that that fast....I'll chalk it totally up to lack of rapport and just god awful inept QB play by Hundley....he was ridiculously bad and only had eyes for and kept Adams somewhat legit....toward the end of round 4 and at WR25.....I'll roll the dice again on a guy who is normally a first rounder in this format and who is getting his star QB back....really didn't think about anybody else here except maybe Fitz for a sec....

5.06 Kyle Rudolph TE9 MIN: 

Nothing sexy here....you gotta stay afloat at TE or you can lose some major ground every week.....Rudolph should be ok no matter who is at QB....sniffed QB here as I knew a bunch would go before my next pick, but also felt like TE could as well with only 8 off the board before my pick....felt I could manage the drop off at QB better...

6.11 Patrick Mahomes QB19 KC

9 QB's went between my picks and only 1 TE....man did I misread the #### out of that one...was nice to at least see guys like Luck/Winston still available...but I zagged and went with Mahomes...I will be one of the few jumping on him before the preseason games next fall...then everybody will...while this reeks of a homer pick....dude is the real deal....ask Von, Talib, and Harris Jr. what they thought....with Mahomes, Hunt, HIll, Kelce....plenty of offense/playmakers in KC and fantasy points to follow....expect him to be a top 12 QB....feel there is a ton of upside here.....

7.06 Ryan Tannehill QB22 MIA: 

Will head into the season as the unquestioned starter which is more than you can say for the rest so that played a big part in this pick....Dalton was so bad he got pulled a couple times last year....AJ is probbaly better...Trubisky is just not very good and not sure what is going on in CHI so no thanks...who knows whats up with Eli and Bortles....lots of unsettled FA situations and then rookies coming in to compete with anybody else really left....Tanny felt like a safe solid play for QB2.....

8.11 Josh Docston WR48 WAS: 

Not much to say here....Alex Smith should like him....Doctson flashes a pretty good skill set....maybe he can put it together this year...could have gone some different directions here, but need to start piecing together some bodies to help throw up a WR3 score each week

overall: lot of question marks and a high/risk reward approach....could work....could go down in flames...:banned:

Shadowfax went into the turn as one of only three teams with one QB (the other 12 had two QBs) and I had yet to take one.  I've played this game before and it either turns out really good, or really no so good.  I ended up taking Keenum at 9.02 as my first QB.  Very good chance to be starting somewhere, and if Broncos or Jets get Cousins, my guess is Keenum starts again in Minny.  Now I need to find 1-2 lottery tickets and hope one hits!

On 2/10/2018 at 10:11 AM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

so far:

Matt Stafford

Joe Flacco

David Johnson

Sony Michel (R)

Alshon Jeffery

Doug Baldwin

Kelvin Benjamin

Hunter Henry

Austin Hooper

After 9

9.05 RB Taiwan Jones is rookie RB Ronald Jones II

Roeth/Winston

Ajayi/DMurray/Ronald Jones

AB/Allen/Landry

Ebron

through 9

Bial Powell  :X

12 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Bial Powell  :X

I was a fan for a while, guy helped me as my flex in a 32 team league in 16.

29 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

I was a fan for a while, guy helped me as my flex in a 32 team league in 16.

:lmao:

:finger:

Nevermind. Fixed my own draft mistake.

Edited by FF Ninja

When you're sitting at 9.14 and Lynch goes at 9.12... :censored:

1 person likes this