Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BassNBrew

2018 FBG WSL1 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Maybe. I'm not sold on Kenny G having the skillet to be a wr1, the Lions will draft or sign someone if Tate is done. (Imo)

Tellin you. He is big he is fast and he has glue hands. Bad hammy caught him this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Golladay will be the #1 wr in detroit soon. Probably 2019 when tate is gone. I know you love marv. But its coming. And in this format when kenny g blows up you dont have to worry about starting him

My Marvin love aside, I never understood the Golladay hype. It just manifested too fast for me to feel like it was legitimate. But even you just said 2019*. This is a redraft league. WR2 upside is just not there this year, barring an unforeseen injury. Moncrief (WR65), however, has WR2 upside. And I'm not a big DeSean Jackson (WR64) fan, but he's a nice best ball guy that I like better than Golladay for 2018.

*and I'm not so sure they don't re-sign Tate or give him an extension - he's not old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 10:44 AM, Stinkin Ref said:

6.11 Patrick Mahomes QB19 KC
7.06 Ryan Tannehill QB22 MIA: 

1.06 Alvin Kamara RB5 NOS:
2.11 DeVonta Freeman RB15 ATL:
10.11 Peyton Barber RB47 TB

3.06 Josh Gordon WR15 CLE: 
4.11 Jordy Nelson WR25 GB:
8.11 Josh Docston WR48 WAS:
9.06 Mohamed Sanu WR52 ATL

5.06 Kyle Rudolph TE9 MIN: 
11.06 Tyler Kroft TE23 CIN
 

Sanu; thought adding a steady eddy to my WR group was a good idea with the other 3 being 3-run homer types...Sanu locked in a WR2 role and while he won't make or break advancing most weeks, he will probably post a score that will be used many weeks....really wanted to add James White or Marshawn here but needed some stability at WR

Barber: have no idea how I ended up watching some TB games last year but I do remember seeing Barber run hard and look the part in his opportunities...early indications look like unless they bring in a stud, Martin will be released, he will be the RB1 in TB....

Kroft: he was my TE2 target...Eifert is a FA and even though oft injured will probably demand more than CIN is willing to pay especially since Kroft played very well last year....the 7 TD's were nice, but I expect him to take the next step and receive more targets/rec/yards....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FF Ninja said:

My Marvin love aside, I never understood the Golladay hype. It just manifested too fast for me to feel like it was legitimate. But even you just said 2019*. This is a redraft league. WR2 upside is just not there this year, barring an unforeseen injury. Moncrief (WR65), however, has WR2 upside. And I'm not a big DeSean Jackson (WR64) fan, but he's a nice best ball guy that I like better than Golladay for 2018.

*and I'm not so sure they don't re-sign Tate or give him an extension - he's not old

This is best ball redraft. Guys like golladay are perfect for this format. Hes going to force himself on the field more. 

They are going to let tate walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

My Marvin love aside, I never understood the Golladay hype. It just manifested too fast for me to feel like it was legitimate. But even you just said 2019*. This is a redraft league. WR2 upside is just not there this year, barring an unforeseen injury. Moncrief (WR65), however, has WR2 upside. And I'm not a big DeSean Jackson (WR64) fan, but he's a nice best ball guy that I like better than Golladay for 2018.

*and I'm not so sure they don't re-sign Tate or give him an extension - he's not old

not sure what to think here as there have been plenty of times when the supposed WR3 actually becomes the WR2 or WR1 for that matter.....Adams in GB type stuff, etc...if you get it in the draft before "it" happens you can be on to something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stinkin Ref said:

not sure what to think here as there have been plenty of times when the supposed WR3 actually becomes the WR2 or WR1 for that matter.....Adams in GB type stuff, etc...if you get it in the draft before "it" happens you can be on to something...

Well, GB runs a lot of 3WR sets and Adams was basically the starting outside WR while Cobb played the slot. Plus, look at Cobb's numbers compared to Tate's. Not sure if the Lions run enough 3WR sets for Golladay to leap frog Tate or if he's good enough to do so. He's more similar to Marvin, but Marvin played on like 96% of the snaps last year. After his production, I can't see them pulling him out for Golladay in the coming season.

Usually it takes an injury or talent gap to make the jump from 3 to 2. I like Godwin's chances better than Golladay's, but don't expect either to get their shot in 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:rant: Fro!   I was taking Booker! 

Edited by -OZ-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2018 at 7:17 AM, -OZ- said:

:lol:

Fwiw, I had considered eifert, he could be huge if healthy.

Cobb, golladay and Dede were my 3 targets this round. Still don't know what to think of Dede but the potential is there.

he is a free agent.... do you think he resigns with CIN....hard for me to pull the trigger on him with injuries and not sure where/if he ends up somewhere....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stinkin Ref said:

he is a free agent.... do you think he resigns with CIN....hard for me to pull the trigger on him with injuries and not sure where/if he ends up somewhere....

3 back surgeries? Pass he should retire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Scared me when I saw LAC WR.

So are people thinking Mike Williams will be a bust?

with Allen dominating targets....and Tyrell and Benj around as well as Henry....not sure what his role will be...talent is there, but looking like bust right now because of injuries...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stinkin Ref said:

he is a free agent.... do you think he resigns with CIN....hard for me to pull the trigger on him with injuries and not sure where/if he ends up somewhere....

The talent is undeniable, but health will always be a concern. I kind of hate that I have to injury prone TEs (Gronk TE1/Eifert TE18). Would hate to burn a pick on another TE, but that duo is pretty risky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Thoughts on Chris Thompson?  I liked that pick.  Huge steal if his ppg holds up this year.

I also thought this was a good pick if he comes back healthy....Smith will let him eat.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -OZ- said:

Same, so I guess I really wasn't getting him at 11.12

not sure about the love for this dude....hate whats going on there fantasy wise and have zero confidence in Trubisky..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 9:04 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Taquan Mizzell  = Sony Michel - Rookie - RB - Georiga

 

wanted to revisit this pick.....I was kind of sitting on this dude, wasn't sure when the time was right....when we look back, IMO this could be the Kamara pick of this draft....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

This is best ball redraft. Guys like golladay are perfect for this format. Hes going to force himself on the field more. 

They are going to let tate walk.

He was healthy for the 2nd half of the season and put up a whopping 21 receptions. And that was with Tate playing through injury. Being a ppr best ball league, I like guys who can either have a huge volume day (Fitzgerald/Edelman) or score some long TDs (Stills/DeSean). Golladay is an injury flyer. Fine for a WR6, but hardly "perfect" for this format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

not sure about the love for this dude....hate whats going on there fantasy wise and have zero confidence in Trubisky..

We're talking 11th round with 16 teams, TE22. With fox gone and Nagy in, many of us think he'll improve. Not top 10 but some nice games. 

Not that different in expectations than I have for Everett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last 10 picks have been brutal. Five of the six guys I was planning to take at the 11/12 turn got taken: Moncrief, Shaheen, Penny, ASJ, and Dixon. Well, slight exaggeration... I thought I could sleep a few more rounds on Dixon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

wanted to revisit this pick.....I was kind of sitting on this dude, wasn't sure when the time was right....when we look back, IMO this could be the Kamara pick of this draft....

Im hoping it will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

We're talking 11th round with 16 teams, TE22. With fox gone and Nagy in, many of us think he'll improve. Not top 10 but some nice games. 

Not that different in expectations than I have for Everett.

no, I get it....to be honest, I actually thought he was going to be better last year.... even as a rookie I thought he was going to be a decent option at TE.....was just really commenting on him kind of being fought over or getting upset about him getting sniped from somebody....to me he is kind of "oh well" on to the next guy on my list type of player....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

no, I get it....to be honest, I actually thought he was going to be better last year.... even as a rookie I thought he was going to be a decent option at TE.....was just really commenting on him kind of being fought over or getting upset about him getting sniped from somebody....to me he is kind of "oh well" on to the next guy on my list type of player....

That's fair. Honestly I'm more disappointed in not getting Booker at this value. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -OZ- said:

That's fair. Honestly I'm more disappointed in not getting Booker at this value. 

I live in CO and Booker must have pics of the coaching staff and front office naked with hookers and blow or something because for some reason they LOVE them some Booker out here....much of the local fan base and radio guys, etc., don't quite understand it.....I think Elway doesn't want him to be another check mark in the swing and miss column he keeps adding too...

however the report out today is that the Bronco insiders think they will release CJA and its Booker's job for the taking....although many would like to see them get a Chubb/Sony, etc..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stinkin Ref said:

not sure about the love for this dude....hate whats going on there fantasy wise and have zero confidence in Trubisky..

I think it's that he's supposedly pretty talented and the bears are lacking in proven WR talent. I would've liked to have had him backing up my two injury prone TEs.

1 minute ago, -OZ- said:

That's fair. Honestly I'm more disappointed in not getting Booker at this value. 

I say this as someone who owns a share of this guy in dynasty... what do you really think the odds are of him starting next year? Odds of him playing a meaningful secondary RBBC role? I do expect CJA to get cut to clear some cap space, but I think they draft someone to replace CJA. And I'm not sure Booker is any more talented than Henderson. 

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not digging my hole any deeper by picking him up in any redrafts this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I live in CO and Booker must have pics of the coaching staff and front office naked with hookers and blow or something because for some reason they LOVE them some Booker out here....much of the local fan base and radio guys, etc., don't quite understand it.....I think Elway doesn't want him to be another check mark in the swing and miss column he keeps adding too...

however the report out today is that the Bronco insiders think they will release CJA and its Booker's job for the taking....although many would like to see them get a Chubb/Sony, etc..

I kept reading that the staff loved him last year, but he just continued to underwhelm while CJA started performing better and better. I hope Booker surprises in 2018, but feel they'd be crazy to not draft someone if they do let CJA go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I kept reading that the staff loved him last year, but he just continued to underwhelm while CJA started performing better and better. I hope Booker surprises in 2018, but feel they'd be crazy to not draft someone if they do let CJA go.

This I agree with, but any time a coaching staff really likes a player I'm inclined to think he's worth taking a chance on this late. You won't find to many guys with as good a chance to start this late.

I don't think he's anything special. But I also know that I know less about his talent than the staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -OZ- said:

This I agree with, but any time a coaching staff really likes a player I'm inclined to think he's worth taking a chance on this late. You won't find to many guys with as good a chance to start this late.

I don't think he's anything special. But I also know that I know less about his talent than the staff.

Well, if Lynch doesn't retire, you're going to have a really strong RB corps either way. 

-----------------------

Changing topic, was 3.14/RB20 out of line for Guice? The next rookie to go was almost three rounds later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

, was 3.14/RB20 out of line for Guice? The next rookie to go was almost three rounds later.

No. At that point, Drake and Ajayi were the two other RBs in the same tier remaining imo. 

I'm thinking I took Ridley higher than I needed, but he's the most pro ready receiver and I think he'll do pretty well as a rookie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been avoiding taking Keelan Cole for a while now but just can't pass him any longer. So I'm all in on the young guys in Jacksonville and Tennessee. Fournette, Dede, Cole, Henry and Davis. Just hope Jax and ten don't share a bye again this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FF Ninja said:

Well, slight exaggeration... I thought I could sleep a few more rounds on Dixon. 

That's the nicest way I've ever been told I reached on a pick. :P

Once my 3 TE2 targets all went off the board it was between Dixon and Jones for me there. I think Jones has a (marginally) better chance to be the #1, but he's a complete zero in the passing game so in best-ball PPR that leaves basically no floor. I'm not sold on Collins, but even if Dixon winds up on the short end of a committee he could catch 40-50 balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Irrelevant said:

That's the nicest way I've ever been told I reached on a pick. :P

Once my 3 TE2 targets all went off the board it was between Dixon and Jones for me there. I think Jones has a (marginally) better chance to be the #1, but he's a complete zero in the passing game so in best-ball PPR that leaves basically no floor. I'm not sold on Collins, but even if Dixon winds up on the short end of a committee he could catch 40-50 balls.

Ha, that's definitely not what I meant. I just thought he was completely off everyone's radar. I think he's got a very good chance to be a steal at RB52.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ross, John CIN WR (Q)	1.2	-	14.04

So ... my freshman year in college, the kid across the hall from me was the only son of Upper East Side multi-millionaires (it was never adequately explained how he wound up at a state school hundreds of miles away, though I can certainly speculate).

While we spent our first fall break back home with our HS friends, he jetted up to the Finger Lakes ... where through his connections, he had scored a weekend with a brand-new Dodge Viper RT/10. Our RA was a total gearhead, and I think he genuinely considered stowing away in my hallmate's luggage just to get a chance to see one up close.

We returned to school that Sunday night to find he had taken a black Sharpie and scrawled across our RA's door, in foot-high letters, "IT'S SO F***ING FAST".

I'm not gonna say I drafted Ross just so I could tell that story, but I'm not gonna say I didn't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Ross, John CIN WR (Q)	1.2	-	14.04

So ... my freshman year in college, the kid across the hall from me was the only son of Upper East Side multi-millionaires (it was never adequately explained how he wound up at a state school hundreds of miles away, though I can certainly speculate).

While we spent our first fall break back home with our HS friends, he jetted up to the Finger Lakes ... where through his connections, he had scored a weekend with a brand-new Dodge Viper RT/10. Our RA was a total gearhead, and I think he genuinely considered stowing away in my hallmate's luggage just to get a chance to see one up close.

We returned to school that Sunday night to find he had taken a black Sharpie and scrawled across our RA's door, in foot-high letters, "IT'S SO F***ING FAST".

I'm not gonna say I drafted Ross just so I could tell that story, but I'm not gonna say I didn't.

Had him on my radar but I got caught right in the middle of a freakin kicker run.  LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really don't know about my butt pick. Figure he has decent upside and Denver needs him. I like him as a value pick in dynasty just not real sure if anyone was even thinking about him in redraft. But y'all have showed yourselves to be a bunch of snipers.

Plus, although Doyle is a solid 1, I need the upside with Everett and butt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted Samuels but thanks to Bro1ncos I had to settle for Decker.  Would love to see him land in Green Bay or a similar location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't sure where Samuels was on anyone's radar. Almost decided to see if he would last another round. Glad I decided to pounce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Guess I’m out of the loop on Samuels..

Gonna be Norv's deep burner.  Probably will come close to Funchess's numbers at a 10 round discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Wanted Samuels but thanks to Bro1ncos I had to settle for Decker.  Would love to see him land in Green Bay or a similar location.

What to you think his role can be bass??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

Gonna be Norv's deep burner.  Probably will come close to Funchess's numbers at a 10 round discount.

 

Just now, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

What to you think his role can be bass??? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

 

11 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Wanted Samuels but thanks to Bro1ncos I had to settle for Decker.  Would love to see him land in Green Bay or a similar location.

What to you think his role can be bass??? 

 

Seems like the type of guy who would be an excellent replacement for Cobb.  The only Titan game I watched last year was in the playoffs so I don't have a good read on what's left in Decker's tank.  He sure looked fine v. KC and NE.  He's just 30 years old and only two years removed from hanging 200 ff pts like clockwork.  I'm sure he'll be playing somewhere this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

 

6 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Gonna be Norv's deep burner.  Probably will come close to Funchess's numbers at a 10 round discount.

 

6 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

What to you think his role can be bass??? 

 

 

Maybe the Ginn's role in Norv's vertical passing game.  Right now he's number two on Carolina's depth chart and I'm not that impressed with Funchess.  Carolina is about 2/3s of the way down in available cap space so I see then bringing if a guy like John Brown rather than Allen Robinson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Seems like the type of guy who would be an excellent replacement for Cobb.  The only Titan game I watched last year was in the playoffs so I don't have a good read on what's left in Decker's tank.  He sure looked fine v. KC and NE.  He's just 30 years old and only two years removed from hanging 200 ff pts like clockwork.  I'm sure he'll be playing somewhere this year.

Yes hes qb dependant though. His wife might not want to move from nashville. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.