Followers 0
BassNBrew

2018 FBG WSL1 Discussion Thread

275 posts in this topic

Nice snag on golladay. Thought for sure he would slide to me this round

1 hour ago, FF Ninja said:

When you're sitting at 9.14 and Lynch goes at 9.12... :censored:

:lol:

Fwiw, I had considered eifert, he could be huge if healthy.

1 minute ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Cobb, golladay and Dede were my 3 targets this round. Still don't know what to think of Dede but the potential is there.

2 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

IMO there's an absurd bounty of riches at WR in the mid-rounds this year. I think Golladay has WR2 upside but I think the same about Hogan, Meredith, Stills, Godwin, Westbrook, and a couple of names still on the board.

If we could trade draft picks I'd be perfectly happy riding with one stud and five guys drawn at random from the 9th-10th rounds of this draft. 

13 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

:lmao:

:finger:

Great comment (lol)...though as a Jets fan, not so great (ughh).

35 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

IMO there's an absurd bounty of riches at WR in the mid-rounds this year. I think Golladay has WR2 upside but I think the same about Hogan, Meredith, Stills, Godwin, Westbrook, and a couple of names still on the board.

If we could trade draft picks I'd be perfectly happy riding with one stud and five guys drawn at random from the 9th-10th rounds of this draft. 

Yeah, I punted on QB because I wanted to be sure I had serviceable WRs....whoops!  I better guess right on my backups, because I am not even sure whether my starter (keenum) will be a starter!

2 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Yup.

2 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Considered all of these guys over Powell.  Keeping my fingers crossed Holloway is kind to me.

2 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

My last pick Courtland Sutton Rookie

Scared me when I saw LAC WR.

So are people thinking Mike Williams will be a bust?

Thoughts on Chris Thompson?  I liked that pick.  Huge steal if his ppg holds up this year.

10 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Thoughts on Chris Thompson?  I liked that pick.  Huge steal if his ppg holds up this year.

Liked em.

13 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Scared me when I saw LAC WR.

So are people thinking Mike Williams will be a bust?

Lukewarm. They invested big capital on him but with keenan. Hunter and gordon there. Only so many balls

8 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Lukewarm. They invested big capital on him but with keenan. Hunter and gordon there. Only so many balls

I thought about him, for when I pick next at the turn, but found others I prefer if I do go with WR.  With that said, certainly early to kill hope on the guy.

Welp felt like the wr run killed the value there. Went with jax def

Trying to pick a favorite but no one jumps out.  gun to the head, Mr. Ir.

Picked rookie Kerryon Johnson - RB - Auburn - sorry for the delay, boys.

3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

I like reapers because well Kelce, mike Thomas solid qbs and I'm gay for Kenyan Drake, but that's just me

9 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

:lol: I thought you were calling someone Mr IR, like Jordan Reed. 

Rookie picks slowed me down as I could not put them on autodraft.

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

Rookie picks slowed me down as I could not put them on autodraft.

You took the guy I had written in last round before charging to Dede. I think he'll be better than many predict.

5 hours ago, -OZ- said:

:lol: I thought you were calling someone Mr IR, like Jordan Reed

:lmao: Now that literally everyone has given up on him, you just know this is the year he's gonna play 16 games and catch 12 TDs.

Bass, appreciate the sentiment but my team having just a potential 2nd-string TE at the halfway point in a 2PPR league  ... oof. I'd trade my squad for OZ's or Reaper's right now.

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

You took the guy I had written in last round before charging to Dede. I think he'll be better than many predict.

So I painted myself in a corner regarding QBs, and had to do some draft predictions.  My thought is that Allen goes first or third (likely third QB).  Each team that would pick one of those three (or in a position to do so) will likely deploy said QB immediately, unless the Giants go QB...that is what I felt I had to avoid.  I think they go Rosen, so I scratched him off, leaving me with Darnold/Allen...so I guessed.  I've had the most success in these leagues waiting on QB.  And I have always been able to cobble together some guys who give me what I need.  This year is different...I am not sure I can recover unless Keenum gets another year in Minny.

9 minutes ago, Sweet Love said:

So I painted myself in a corner regarding QBs, and had to do some draft predictions.  My thought is that Allen goes first or third (likely third QB).  Each team that would pick one of those three (or in a position to do so) will likely deploy said QB immediately, unless the Giants go QB...that is what I felt I had to avoid.  I think they go Rosen, so I scratched him off, leaving me with Darnold/Allen...so I guessed.  I've had the most success in these leagues waiting on QB.  And I have always been able to cobble together some guys who give me what I need.  This year is different...I am not sure I can recover unless Keenum gets another year in Minny.

I was referring to Kenyon, but I do like Allen in dynasty.

Just now, -OZ- said:

I was referring to Kenyon, but I do like Allen in dynasty.

Aaahhh...gotcha.  

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:42 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Got to say that you guys are on top of your #### this year

Duckboy has #### blocked me twice on Keenan Allen and Jay Ajayi.

Snake returned on Moncrief there :rant:

Shaheen showed some things late.  Will see what the new offense does with him.

On 2/13/2018 at 8:18 AM, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Where is Golladay's WR2 upside? He'd have to unseat Tate or Marvin to even be the WR2 on his own team. Godwin's got the same problem, behind Evans and DeSean. Of the two, I think Godwin has an easier path and much better skill set, but I still think both are at least a year (or an injury) away from being fantasy relevant.

I agree there are some bargains, but I'm just not as keen on some of those guys being the bargains. I agree Stills was a steal in this format, especially if Landry leaves. Shepard at WR49 feels like a steal. I'm not even a Cobb fan, but couldn't pass him up at WR56. 

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Duckboy said:

Snake returned on Moncrief there :rant:

Shaheen showed some things late.  Will see what the new offense does with him.

Dang you for taking Shaheen.  Was wrong thinking I could stuff him one more round.

10 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Where is Golladay's WR2 upside? He'd have to unseat Tate or Marvin to even be the WR2 on his own team. Godwin's got the same problem, behind Evans and DeSean. Of the two, I think Godwin has an easier path and much better skill set, but I still think both are at least a year (or an injury) away from being fantasy relevant.

I agree there are some bargains, but I'm just not as keen on some of those guys being the bargains. I agree Stills was a steal in this format, especially if Landry leaves. Shepard at WR49 feels like a steal. I'm not even a Cobb fan, but couldn't pass him up at WR56. 

Golladay will be the #1 wr in detroit soon. Probably 2019 when tate is gone. I know you love marv. But its coming. And in this format when kenny g blows up you dont have to worry about starting him

7 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Dang you for taking Shaheen.  Was wrong thinking I could stuff him one more round.

Same, so I guess I really wasn't getting him at 11.12

2 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Golladay will be the #1 wr in detroit soon. Probably 2019 when tate is gone. I know you love marv. But its coming. And in this format when kenny g blows up you dont have to worry about starting him

Maybe. I'm not sold on Kenny G having the skillet to be a wr1, the Lions will draft or sign someone if Tate is done. (Imo)

1 person likes this

Wow that was a run on scrub TEs.

2 people like this

8 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Maybe. I'm not sold on Kenny G having the skillet to be a wr1, the Lions will draft or sign someone if Tate is done. (Imo)

Tellin you. He is big he is fast and he has glue hands. Bad hammy caught him this year. 

21 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

My Marvin love aside, I never understood the Golladay hype. It just manifested too fast for me to feel like it was legitimate. But even you just said 2019*. This is a redraft league. WR2 upside is just not there this year, barring an unforeseen injury. Moncrief (WR65), however, has WR2 upside. And I'm not a big DeSean Jackson (WR64) fan, but he's a nice best ball guy that I like better than Golladay for 2018.

*and I'm not so sure they don't re-sign Tate or give him an extension - he's not old

Can someone tell me if Rashad Penny is still available? I am eating breakfast and want him if he is still available.

On 2/12/2018 at 10:44 AM, Stinkin Ref said:

6.11 Patrick Mahomes QB19 KC
7.06 Ryan Tannehill QB22 MIA: 

1.06 Alvin Kamara RB5 NOS:
2.11 DeVonta Freeman RB15 ATL:
10.11 Peyton Barber RB47 TB

3.06 Josh Gordon WR15 CLE: 
4.11 Jordy Nelson WR25 GB:
8.11 Josh Docston WR48 WAS:
9.06 Mohamed Sanu WR52 ATL

5.06 Kyle Rudolph TE9 MIN: 
11.06 Tyler Kroft TE23 CIN

Sanu; thought adding a steady eddy to my WR group was a good idea with the other 3 being 3-run homer types...Sanu locked in a WR2 role and while he won't make or break advancing most weeks, he will probably post a score that will be used many weeks....really wanted to add James White or Marshawn here but needed some stability at WR

Barber: have no idea how I ended up watching some TB games last year but I do remember seeing Barber run hard and look the part in his opportunities...early indications look like unless they bring in a stud, Martin will be released, he will be the RB1 in TB....

Kroft: he was my TE2 target...Eifert is a FA and even though oft injured will probably demand more than CIN is willing to pay especially since Kroft played very well last year....the 7 TD's were nice, but I expect him to take the next step and receive more targets/rec/yards....

1 minute ago, FF Ninja said:

My Marvin love aside, I never understood the Golladay hype. It just manifested too fast for me to feel like it was legitimate. But even you just said 2019*. This is a redraft league. WR2 upside is just not there this year, barring an unforeseen injury. Moncrief (WR65), however, has WR2 upside. And I'm not a big DeSean Jackson (WR64) fan, but he's a nice best ball guy that I like better than Golladay for 2018.

*and I'm not so sure they don't re-sign Tate or give him an extension - he's not old

This is best ball redraft. Guys like golladay are perfect for this format. Hes going to force himself on the field more. 

They are going to let tate walk.

1 minute ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Can someone tell me if Rashad Penny is still available? I am eating breakfast and want him if he is still available.

Yes he is

2 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

not sure what to think here as there have been plenty of times when the supposed WR3 actually becomes the WR2 or WR1 for that matter.....Adams in GB type stuff, etc...if you get it in the draft before "it" happens you can be on to something...

Just now, Stinkin Ref said:

not sure what to think here as there have been plenty of times when the supposed WR3 actually becomes the WR2 or WR1 for that matter.....Adams in GB type stuff, etc...if you get it in the draft before "it" happens you can be on to something...

Well, GB runs a lot of 3WR sets and Adams was basically the starting outside WR while Cobb played the slot. Plus, look at Cobb's numbers compared to Tate's. Not sure if the Lions run enough 3WR sets for Golladay to leap frog Tate or if he's good enough to do so. He's more similar to Marvin, but Marvin played on like 96% of the snaps last year. After his production, I can't see them pulling him out for Golladay in the coming season.

Usually it takes an injury or talent gap to make the jump from 3 to 2. I like Godwin's chances better than Golladay's, but don't expect either to get their shot in 2018.