What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG WSL1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

I think we all need to make sure we're now using the 2018 page. I just got text notifications that Shadowfax made some picks, but they're only showing up on the 2017 page.

I turned off the draft on the 2017 site. Owners should only be able to draft on the 2018 league site now.

FF Ninja said:
I think we all need to make sure we're now using the 2018 page. I just got text notifications that Shadowfax made some picks, but they're only showing up on the 2017 page.
Woke up, saw I was OTC and made my picks. Didn't realize there was a 2018 page yet. Up to speed now. 

Tried to mix it up a bit this year and instead of going with a WR in the early third (to accompany Bell and T. Hill), chose Engram to take advantage of the additional points on receptions.  It was hard to pass up guys like Baldwin, etc., but I wanted to see how I would fair with a proper TE (I have historically punted on TEs in these leagues).

Tried to mix it up a bit this year and instead of going with a WR in the early third (to accompany Bell and T. Hill), chose Engram to take advantage of the additional points on receptions.  It was hard to pass up guys like Baldwin, etc., but I wanted to see how I would fair with a proper TE (I have historically punted on TEs in these leagues).
I cursed you for taking Hill. He probably wasn't making it back to 3.12 but I was hoping. Contemplated taking him over Evans back at 2.05

PM'd Holloway.  Please pm the guys after you this round and let them know that they need to logged into 2017.  I was looking at the 2017 draft report and didn't realize i was otc.

PM'd Holloway.  Please pm the guys after you this round and let them know that they need to logged into 2017.  I was looking at the 2017 draft report and didn't realize i was otc.
all are encouraged to set up the notifications as well....you can make it where you only get notified when you are OTC....kind of like a no brainer for these

all are encouraged to set up the notifications as well....you can make it where you only get notified when you are OTC....kind of like a no brainer for these
Just to add to this, if you set up mobile notifications the first time around, you'll need to do it again for the new (2018) page. Personally, I have it set to text me each draft pick. But like Ref said, you can have it only text you when you're on the clock. You can also get the same notifications via e-mail.

I cursed you for taking Hill. He probably wasn't making it back to 3.12 but I was hoping. Contemplated taking him over Evans back at 2.05
I liked Hill in a format like this, and the QB change does not scare me.  Engram is the tricky one...I was going to go Baldwin or Landry for the consistency at WR, but a dependable TE would not be there for me at the end of the fourth, and I can likely cobble together some possession receivers going forward that can give me a decent floor on a week-by-week basis.

:shrug:  I said it was unlikely.

Wasn't expecting Derrick Henry to make it back either. This tier is rather large IMO right now, this early in the pre season. 
no worries...my lol was an inside joke from last year when I was all up on his nuts and everybody was busting my chops...with that said...no way in hell was he making it past 3.06

Yep. He was on my very short list at 3.12, definitely was taking him 4.05
He was in my pre-draft list for 4.03... was surprised to see him slip so far, but at the same time, I get it with the Luck injury concerns. 2017 was not kind to Hilton (57/996/4). 

He was in my pre-draft list for 4.03... was surprised to see him slip so far, but at the same time, I get it with the Luck injury concerns. 2017 was not kind to Hilton (57/996/4). 
guess I wasn't super surprised....think there are some other guys still on the board (or like Diggs who went two picks later)...and a few others that I probably would have gambled on upside with over him ....Hilton finished as WR27 in this format last year and just went as WR20....guess I 'd have to be slam dunked convinced that his situation is going to improve at that price....and then to be value he would have to do even better than WR20...no idea about Luck or the direction of that offense/team....Hilton didn't miss any games and finished WR27.....and that's also with several guys like OBJ missing significant time or weird situations that would have probably bumped Hilton down into the 30's.....if Brissett remains the starter (which is looking like more of a possibility every day with not such good reports about Luck)...for a draft this early I don't like the pick that high with some of the other other options out there... :2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, not real sure how I feel about having taken Wentz in the 4th as QB5. If he's back healthy I think it will end up being a great pick. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's in the top 2 next year.

But I took a big risk. He might not return and might not be 100% healthy if he does play week 1.  But I don't think he was getting back to me and he's a risk worth taking.

Honestly, not real sure how I feel about having taken Wentz in the 4th as QB5. If he's back healthy I think it will end up being a great pick. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's in the top 2 next year.

But I took a big risk. He might not return and might not be 100% healthy if he does play week 1.  But I don't think he was getting back to me and he's a risk worth taking.
Would you have taken Brady instead if I hadn't? Gut choice on my part - I usually wait on QB in these.

guess I wasn't super surprised....think there are some other guys still on the board (or like Diggs who went two picks later)...and a few others that I probably would have gambled on upside with over him ....Hilton finished as WR27 in this format last year and just went as WR20....guess I 'd have to be slam dunked convinced that his situation is going to improve at that price....and then to be value he would have to do even better than WR20...no idea about Luck or the direction of that offense/team....Hilton didn't miss any games and finished WR27.....and that's also with several guys like OBJ missing significant time or weird situations that would have probably bumped Hilton down into the 30's.....if Brissett remains the starter (which is looking like more of a possibility every day with not such good reports about Luck)...for a draft this early I don't like the pick that high with some of the other other options out there... :2cents:
I agree with most of what you said, but then again I've never been a huge Hilton fan. However, even I can't ignore his 2016 (91/1448/6) which was better than Julio's 2017 (88/1444/3). And if you look at his career, 2017 is the clear outlier. I had both Hilton and Diggs in my 4.03 predraft and I don't even remember which one I had ahead. I was just hoping to get one. They each carry their own risks, but have very high upside. 

--------------------

Semi-related to the above, Hilton was a bit of a surprise slip, but the guys that have surprised me on how early they went are Brees, Collins, and DT.

Got to say that you guys are on top of your #### this year

Duckboy has #### blocked me twice on Keenan Allen and Jay Ajayi.

I  don't mind settling for Hunter Henry at TE with Gates a UFA , he has the record and now he can goto the HOF in 5 years

Ajax was a very strong pick.  So was Henry.  I preferred Henry slightly over Graham, but thought Henry might slip.

no worries...my lol was an inside joke from last year when I was all up on his nuts and everybody was busting my chops...with that said...no way in hell was he making it past 3.06
Ha, that was me. I think you took him way above his ADP last year. I guess it worked out for you, but I got basically the same production from Marvin Jones like five rounds later. Sometimes it works to play the ADP game, other times it doesn't. I think it is criminal that Marvin went WR26 in here (4.14), but I really thought he'd make it back to me at 5.14 due to the fact he somehow is still flying under the radar. Good on AR for scooping him up.

Yuck...Lamar Miller at 5.02.  Felt there was a super drop right as I picked...my queue cleared out at the turn.  Lucky to get Funchess at 4.15, and tossed that value away with Miller.  Just did not really see anyone else I thought could get me a decent baseline of points.I am kind of boom/bust with Hill as my WR1, so I did not feel taking a higher upside guy was the right play.  I don't see Foreman as a threat in 2018, but we'll see.

Yuck...Lamar Miller at 5.02.  Felt there was a super drop right as I picked...my queue cleared out at the turn.  Lucky to get Funchess at 4.15, and tossed that value away with Miller. 
I think with Bell in your pocket I'd have been tempted to punt RB for a couple rounds and go full RB2BC with a couple of 3rd-down backs and maybe a couple rookies. I'd love your team right now if you'd locked down someone like Cam or Big Ben on top of the squad you've got in place. Instead you're going to have to spend a couple upcoming picks on a QBBC and that might limit your flexibility more than you'd like.

Yuck...Lamar Miller at 5.02.  Felt there was a super drop right as I picked...my queue cleared out at the turn.  Lucky to get Funchess at 4.15, and tossed that value away with Miller.  Just did not really see anyone else I thought could get me a decent baseline of points.I am kind of boom/bust with Hill as my WR1, so I did not feel taking a higher upside guy was the right play.  I don't see Foreman as a threat in 2018, but we'll see.
hes solid points at RB, Houston wont cut him, Foreman is hurt badly , perhaps they spend a pick on a RB, but Houston doesn't have  a first or second rounder this year and they have much bigger needs IMO. So I think his role is safe, not sexy, but he is what he is

Ha, that was me. I think you took him way above his ADP last year. I guess it worked out for you, but I got basically the same production from Marvin Jones like five rounds later. Sometimes it works to play the ADP game, other times it doesn't. I think it is criminal that Marvin went WR26 in here (4.14), but I really thought he'd make it back to me at 5.14 due to the fact he somehow is still flying under the radar. Good on AR for scooping him up.
lol..yeah I think it was you and a few others.... Mr. I comes to mind...

in 2016 Hill finished WR18....in 2017 I took him as WR17 in one WSL and WR24 in the other....I did a little digging and from what I can see across the board Hill's 2017 ADP was in fact right around WR20 in most leagues fantasy wide....so not a tremendous reach as it turned out and actually decent value as he finished WR9....he sat out week 17 or he might have been top 7 leapfrogging Theilan and Julio...he was not as much value as say Theilan or Marvin by any means....guys are gonna get lucky and hit it out of the park sometimes....but I don't really recall anybody pounding the table for either of those guys like I did for Hill and correctly predicting that I wouldn't be surprised if he finished top 10....just sayin... ;)

in 2016 Hill finished WR18....in 2017 I took him as WR17 in one WSL and WR24 in the other....I did a little digging and from what I can see across the board Hill's 2017 ADP was in fact right around WR20 in most leagues fantasy wide....so not a tremendous reach as it turned out and actually decent value as he finished WR9....he sat out week 17 or he might have been top 7 leapfrogging Theilan and Julio...he was not as much value as say Theilan or Marvin by any means....guys are gonna get lucky and hit it out of the park sometimes....but I don't really recall anybody pounding the table for either of those guys like I did for Hill and correctly predicting that I wouldn't be surprised if he finished top 10....just sayin... ;)
Are we talking Pryor drafts???

I was busy pounding the table for Keenan (only a few WR spots ahead of Tyreek by ADP) who I reached for. Plus, if you pound the table for a guy with like a WR50 ADP, people tend to pile on you. I preferred to just quietly reach a round or two for Marvin (or snipe him cheaply in auctions).

1.11 Saquon Brakley RB    

2.06 Mixon, Joe CIN RB    

3.11 Robinson, Allen JAC WR        

4.06 Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR        

5.11 Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB.

Wow - not sure how I feel about this team.  

I don't know whether you were referring to Davis here, but I knew it in my bones you were going to snipe him from me. I freaking KNEW it.  :rant:
:D Davis is exactly whom I was referring. Was very glad to see him there. I might be too high but I have him on par with Funches, Jones, etc. 

1.11 Saquon Brakley RB    

2.06 Mixon, Joe CIN RB    

3.11 Robinson, Allen JAC WR        

4.06 Smith-Schuster, JuJu PIT WR        

5.11 Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB.

Wow - not sure how I feel about this team.  
Lots of potential. Lots of risk.

I'm pretty happy with this team, but not unlike Fro, great potential with high risk.

Wentz, Carson PHI QB 

Fournette, Leonard JAC RB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Davis, Corey TEN WR

Evans, Mike TBB WR

Brady, Tom NEP QB 424.1 - 4.04

Coleman, Tevin ATL RB 167.7 - 5.13
Hyde, Carlos SFO RB 235.8 - 3.13
McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB 230.6 - 2.04

Beckham, Odell NYG WR (Q) 74.0 - 1.13
Garcon, Pierre SFO WR (Q) 90.0 - 6.04

Fairly high floor, fairly low ceiling. 

Looks like I'm committed to going for broke with a few of my mid-rounders if I want anything better than a mid-pack finish here.

I have to admit, taking Doyle here was my hardest choice so far. I really like the dude, but i don't think he quite repeats his receptions from last year. It was tempting to go with upside, but I figure I'll go for more upside later, he's a steadying influence.

-OZ- said:
I have to admit, taking Doyle here was my hardest choice so far. I really like the dude, but i don't think he quite repeats his receptions from last year. It was tempting to go with upside, but I figure I'll go for more upside later, he's a steadying influence.
Almost took him last pick.  I'm glad I didn't have to choose btw him and QB2 right there.

:hifive:

Was wondering when luck would go. If I hadn't taken Wentz (say I'd have taken Graham or Walker instead), I'd probably have taken luck last round, this seems about the right risk/reward. 

-OZ- said:
:D Davis is exactly whom I was referring. Was very glad to see him there. I might be too high but I have him on par with Funches, Jones, etc. 
I like him much better than Funchess. I like Marvin a hair better, but thought I could get Marvin later so I actually had Davis 3rd in line behind Diggs and Hilton at 4.03, so IMO, you got a steal at 5.12.

1.7 Dalvin Cook, RB - Wanted Kamara here.  Considered Fournette and Hopkins.  Felt Cook had more upside than Fournette and that WR was much deeper than RB.

2.10 Davonte Adams, WR - Kind of feel like I choked under the pressure of making this pick.  Amari Cooper is who I wanted to take, but I felt like he would slide into the 3rd.  Freeman was tempting at RB.  Howard/Hill both in situations in flux.  Ultimately decided to take the WR1 of the best QB in the league.  Virtually no upside here, but barring injury a very safe pick.

3.7 Amari Cooper, WR - Carr was hurt most of the year.  Cooper is really talented  Wasn't much of a decision, but Hyde and Cooks were tempting.

4.10 Jimmy Graham, TE - TE has me concerned this year.  Last year there were so many options in theory, this year I'm confused.  Who knows where Graham will end up, hopefully somewhere where he returns to his Saints form.  Considered Hunter Henry here and would have doubled dipped if he survived the turn.

5.7 Phillip Rivers, QB - Didn't want to get caught on the wrong side of the run so I reached for a safe option to post points but isn't a difference maker.  Matt Ryan was a consideration

6.10 Marcus Mariota, QB - It's getting thin to grab a backup QB and my preferred pick will survive the turn.

7.7 Will Fuller, WR - When healthy and having a healthy Watson, he was unstoppable this year.  Great to get a WR3 with a WR2 punch.  If I'm wrong on Cooper and he busts then Fuller could become crucial.

Users who are viewing this thread