What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 FBG WSL1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Nice Trubinsky pick @Mr. Irrelevant. I thought for sure he'd fall here, but he's one of the last guys available who we know will start. So I kinda had to take Eli (don't like the others, even the ones we think start next year, including the rookies) and hope the eagles and Giants don't share a bye. 

Thanks for being patient with me. Headed back to the mainland today from Key West, but still six days from being off the road. Tampa and Destin and then a three day business trip.

Thankful to enjoy some days in the 80s in February and the beautiful water as well.

QB - Alex Smith

RB - Ingram & McKinnon

WR - Hopkins, Cooks, Agholor & Richardson

TE - Walker

Weak at quarterback and running back, with strength at wide receiver. Going to have to find some bargains later to hang around.

. Going to have to find some bargains later to hang around.
Same can be said for everyone.

QB - Carson and Eli. Seems fairly strong, Carson is one of the best already and Eli should rebound.

RB - Henry, fournette. should be a strong top 2, but my depth might hurt.

WR - Evans, c Davis, Ridley. Calvin seems the most pro ready and should be a strong wr3, i think. Evans better bounce back after a down year, Davis flashed a bit, I think he'll make a splash this year.

TE - Doyle. He ain't sexy but should be good in ppr. 

Last round hurt as I truly expected Njoku and Trubinsky to be there, wasn't sure which one I'd take. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for being patient with me. Headed back to the mainland today from Key West, but still six days from being off the road. Tampa and Destin and then a three day business trip.

Thankful to enjoy some days in the 80s in February and the beautiful water as well.

QB - Alex Smith

RB - Ingram & McKinnon

WR - Hopkins, Cooks, Agholor & Richardson

TE - Walker

Weak at quarterback and running back, with strength at wide receiver. Going to have to find some bargains later to hang around.
At least you've got a good excuse! Feels like this is going really slowly, but it really doesn't matter. It's a free mock in February...

What spurred you to take McKinnon and Richardson at this point? Both are guys I was interested in, but figured they'd go much later.

I'm pretty happy with this team, but not unlike Fro, great potential with high risk.

Wentz, Carson PHI QB 

Fournette, Leonard JAC RB

Henry, Derrick TEN RB

Davis, Corey TEN WR

Evans, Mike TBB WR
This was probably my favorite non-my team through 5 rounds. I guess one could call Henry and Davis risks, but where you got them, even if they are just average starters, they should hold RB22 and WR31 value based off of volume/workload alone.

-OZ- said:
Steven Ridley is his younger brother Calvin
:rant:  You throw off the WR and RB tally when you use a RB placeholder for a WR!

At least you've got a good excuse! Feels like this is going really slowly, but it really doesn't matter. It's a free mock in February...

What spurred you to take McKinnon and Richardson at this point? Both are guys I was interested in, but figured they'd go much later.

This was probably my favorite non-my team through 5 rounds. I guess one could call Henry and Davis risks, but where you got them, even if they are just average starters, they should hold RB22 and WR31 value based off of volume/workload alone.

:rant:  You throw off the WR and RB tally when you use a RB placeholder for a WR!
Fine. It's Bernard Reedy now. 

Happy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad somebody else picked that nit before I had a chance to.  :P

Really relieved both Howard and Trubisky fell to me. Considering my team needs (youth and upside) they were each the last names on my list before large drop-offs. If I hadn't gotten either I'd have likely resorted to a "throw 3 TE or 2 backup QB darts in the late rounds" approach, which have each burned me badly in years past.

1.06 Alvin Kamara RB5 NOS:

82 receptions had him finishing 13th in the league overall....expect some regression, but pretty much a no brainer...kinda glad I was in top 6 because I think these 6 will be pretty much chalk moving forward and I think at 7 you start having to make some choices....if I wasn't in top 6 I would prefer to be at the bottom of the first....feels like the mid rounds starting at 7 is kind of a no mans land...

2.11 DeVonta Freeman RB15 ATL:

Had Keenan Allen penciled in here but RB's were drying up as I looked down the list and felt Freeman kind of ended a tier...also felt ok about continuing to delete the RB pool....hoping that by making this move I gain a little advantage on some of the field at RB2 each week....

3.06 Josh Gordon WR15 CLE: 

Dude is on that list of players where the expectations and feelings about the player will probably be all over the map....interested to see where he ends up in the rankings come August...even with crappy QB play, he still showed some flashes of the talent...hopefully this is the year for some positive changes in CLE....felt the other options here at WR also had some questions so rolling the dice here on top 10 talent...

4.11 Jordy Nelson WR25 GB:

I guess he will probably be on the same list as Gordon....prior to the Rodgers injury he was a top 6 WR...and doing what he always does....when he fell off the cliff for the rest of the season, he must have lost a leg or something because apparently the fantasy world has put a fork in him....he doesn't strike me as the kind of player that just becomes irrelevant like that that fast....I'll chalk it totally up to lack of rapport and just god awful inept QB play by Hundley....he was ridiculously bad and only had eyes for and kept Adams somewhat legit....toward the end of round 4 and at WR25.....I'll roll the dice again on a guy who is normally a first rounder in this format and who is getting his star QB back....really didn't think about anybody else here except maybe Fitz for a sec....

5.06 Kyle Rudolph TE9 MIN: 

Nothing sexy here....you gotta stay afloat at TE or you can lose some major ground every week.....Rudolph should be ok no matter who is at QB....sniffed QB here as I knew a bunch would go before my next pick, but also felt like TE could as well with only 8 off the board before my pick....felt I could manage the drop off at QB better...

6.11 Patrick Mahomes QB19 KC

9 QB's went between my picks and only 1 TE....man did I misread the #### out of that one...was nice to at least see guys like Luck/Winston still available...but I zagged and went with Mahomes...I will be one of the few jumping on him before the preseason games next fall...then everybody will...while this reeks of a homer pick....dude is the real deal....ask Von, Talib, and Harris Jr. what they thought....with Mahomes, Hunt, HIll, Kelce....plenty of offense/playmakers in KC and fantasy points to follow....expect him to be a top 12 QB....feel there is a ton of upside here.....

7.06 Ryan Tannehill QB22 MIA: 

Will head into the season as the unquestioned starter which is more than you can say for the rest so that played a big part in this pick....Dalton was so bad he got pulled a couple times last year....AJ is probbaly better...Trubisky is just not very good and not sure what is going on in CHI so no thanks...who knows whats up with Eli and Bortles....lots of unsettled FA situations and then rookies coming in to compete with anybody else really left....Tanny felt like a safe solid play for QB2.....

8.11 Josh Docston WR48 WAS: 

Not much to say here....Alex Smith should like him....Doctson flashes a pretty good skill set....maybe he can put it together this year...could have gone some different directions here, but need to start piecing together some bodies to help throw up a WR3 score each week

overall: lot of question marks and a high/risk reward approach....could work....could go down in flames... :banned:

Shadowfax went into the turn as one of only three teams with one QB (the other 12 had two QBs) and I had yet to take one.  I've played this game before and it either turns out really good, or really no so good.  I ended up taking Keenum at 9.02 as my first QB.  Very good chance to be starting somewhere, and if Broncos or Jets get Cousins, my guess is Keenum starts again in Minny.  Now I need to find 1-2 lottery tickets and hope one hits!

Nice snag on golladay. Thought for sure he would slide to me this round
IMO there's an absurd bounty of riches at WR in the mid-rounds this year. I think Golladay has WR2 upside but I think the same about Hogan, Meredith, Stills, Godwin, Westbrook, and a couple of names still on the board.

If we could trade draft picks I'd be perfectly happy riding with one stud and five guys drawn at random from the 9th-10th rounds of this draft. 

IMO there's an absurd bounty of riches at WR in the mid-rounds this year. I think Golladay has WR2 upside but I think the same about Hogan, Meredith, Stills, Godwin, Westbrook, and a couple of names still on the board.

If we could trade draft picks I'd be perfectly happy riding with one stud and five guys drawn at random from the 9th-10th rounds of this draft. 
Yeah, I punted on QB because I wanted to be sure I had serviceable WRs....whoops!  I better guess right on my backups, because I am not even sure whether my starter (keenum) will be a starter!

Yup.

Considered all of these guys over Powell.  Keeping my fingers crossed Holloway is kind to me.

:lol: I thought you were calling someone Mr IR, like Jordan Reed
:lmao:  Now that literally everyone has given up on him, you just know this is the year he's gonna play 16 games and catch 12 TDs.

Bass, appreciate the sentiment but my team having just a potential 2nd-string TE at the halfway point in a 2PPR league  ... oof. I'd trade my squad for OZ's or Reaper's right now.

You took the guy I had written in last round before charging to Dede. I think he'll be better than many predict.
So I painted myself in a corner regarding QBs, and had to do some draft predictions.  My thought is that Allen goes first or third (likely third QB).  Each team that would pick one of those three (or in a position to do so) will likely deploy said QB immediately, unless the Giants go QB...that is what I felt I had to avoid.  I think they go Rosen, so I scratched him off, leaving me with Darnold/Allen...so I guessed.  I've had the most success in these leagues waiting on QB.  And I have always been able to cobble together some guys who give me what I need.  This year is different...I am not sure I can recover unless Keenum gets another year in Minny.

So I painted myself in a corner regarding QBs, and had to do some draft predictions.  My thought is that Allen goes first or third (likely third QB).  Each team that would pick one of those three (or in a position to do so) will likely deploy said QB immediately, unless the Giants go QB...that is what I felt I had to avoid.  I think they go Rosen, so I scratched him off, leaving me with Darnold/Allen...so I guessed.  I've had the most success in these leagues waiting on QB.  And I have always been able to cobble together some guys who give me what I need.  This year is different...I am not sure I can recover unless Keenum gets another year in Minny.
I was referring to Kenyon, but I do like Allen in dynasty.

Where is Golladay's WR2 upside? He'd have to unseat Tate or Marvin to even be the WR2 on his own team. Godwin's got the same problem, behind Evans and DeSean. Of the two, I think Godwin has an easier path and much better skill set, but I still think both are at least a year (or an injury) away from being fantasy relevant.

I agree there are some bargains, but I'm just not as keen on some of those guys being the bargains. I agree Stills was a steal in this format, especially if Landry leaves. Shepard at WR49 feels like a steal. I'm not even a Cobb fan, but couldn't pass him up at WR56. 

Where is Golladay's WR2 upside? He'd have to unseat Tate or Marvin to even be the WR2 on his own team. Godwin's got the same problem, behind Evans and DeSean. Of the two, I think Godwin has an easier path and much better skill set, but I still think both are at least a year (or an injury) away from being fantasy relevant.

I agree there are some bargains, but I'm just not as keen on some of those guys being the bargains. I agree Stills was a steal in this format, especially if Landry leaves. Shepard at WR49 feels like a steal. I'm not even a Cobb fan, but couldn't pass him up at WR56. 
Golladay will be the #1 wr in detroit soon. Probably 2019 when tate is gone. I know you love marv. But its coming. And in this format when kenny g blows up you dont have to worry about starting him

Golladay will be the #1 wr in detroit soon. Probably 2019 when tate is gone. I know you love marv. But its coming. And in this format when kenny g blows up you dont have to worry about starting him
Maybe. I'm not sold on Kenny G having the skillet to be a wr1, the Lions will draft or sign someone if Tate is done. (Imo)

Users who are viewing this thread