What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Swimming Pool (1 Viewer)

SHIZNITTTT

Footballguy
Wife finally wore me down along with the kids to get an inground pool.    Starts later this month.  Supposed to take roughly 2 months (probably more like 3 or 4) from start to finish.   FML  :kicksrock:

Pros - ?

Cons:

Cost

All the kids in the neighborhood hanging out at my house, wet towels everywhere, tracking water into the house, again people coming over to swim, teenage pregnancy rising 4000%

Upkeep, Maintenance, Salt/Chlorine

Insurance cost? 

Remember to get signed releases from all the neighboring parents, you know, to prevent you from getting sued in case of accidents....

What a PITA. I have to get a new salt cell and filter cartridges this spring. 

The saltwater route does make maintenance a bit easier though. 

It's worth it imo, and not a lot of work once you understand the routine. With kids though, and all the neighborhood kids coming over all the time? No ####### way. 

There is a rather large thread on pools somewhere. 

IMO if building a pool get a spa/hot tub.  It dramatically increases the time you spend in the thing.  

Expect this to cost you far more than you could have ever imagined, and then some.

If you can still select surface, i would go with aggregate instead if plaster. Can cusomize the color and will last longer (and cost more).

if/when you sell house, half people will want pool, half people won’t want it. Will probanly get about 25-50% cost added to  appraisal.

make sure you have fence, preferably around yard, but around pool at minimum.

truoblefreepool.com  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a rather large thread on pools somewhere. 

IMO if building a pool get a spa/hot tub.  It dramatically increases the time you spend in the thing.  

Expect this to cost you far more than you could have ever imagined, and then some.
Was thinking the same, we've had this conversation. I like not having a pool in my backyard but a neighborhood pool. 

And we'll see buying a hot tub in the next year or so.

Was thinking the same, we've had this conversation. I like not having a pool in my backyard but a neighborhood pool. 

And we'll see buying a hot tub in the next year or so.
Funny we have a neighborhood pool and a hot tub ... but NO!  we have to get another hole in the backyard to throw money into. 

I like having a pool. We rebuilt ours about 4 years ago and it took them 4 months.

Poolsolutions.com is your friend. Taking care of a pool is easy. I would get a robot to clean it,  dramatically reduces your cleaning time

Funny we have a neighborhood pool and a hot tub ... but NO!  we have to get another hole in the backyard to throw money into. 
Lol.

Our neighbor has a pool. That alone made the house take a extra two and a half years to sell. (He rented it out for two years, then it sat for 6 months). Plus he was asking for the same as my house plus the cost of his pool.

I like having a pool. We rebuilt ours about 4 years ago and it took them 4 months.

Poolsolutions.com is your friend. Taking care of a pool is easy. I would get a robot to clean it,  dramatically reduces your cleaning time
Yep

If you're willing to put some money into it like the robot, the pool can be a lot more fun than trying to stay cheap.

Naked swimming with the wife will be fun.  Of course these times will represent about .001% of total pool use.  So basically you're paying around $50k to bang the wife a couple of times.  We married guys call that a decent investment. 

James Daulton said:
Naked swimming with the wife will be fun.  Of course these times will represent about .001% of total pool use.  So basically you're paying around $50k to bang the wife a couple of times.  We married guys call that a decent investment. 
That's a bargain.

James Daulton said:
You guys have some cheap pools.  Or wives. Or both.

James Daulton said:
:goodposting:

It won't happen often but when it does, you'll be thanking your lucky stars that you built the pool.  

Yep

If you're willing to put some money into it like the robot, the pool can be a lot more fun than trying to stay cheap.
we have a robot. it doesn't do a fantastic job, but it does something. i don't really mind vacuuming, because I do it from inside the pool

:goodposting:

It won't happen often but when it does, you'll be thanking your lucky stars that you built the pool.  
Used to be my favorite part of renting a beach house with a pool. Kids would go to bed, we'd go to the pool.

Then her parents started staying with us. :sadbanana: (in other ways it's been great but I miss that part)

Users who are viewing this thread