Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Liquid Courage

Dynasty: Kalen Ballage, RB Arizona State

On 8/1/2019 at 9:40 PM, Iceman03 said:

I don’t do this often because I like predictive metrics but going to call my shot that after years of the community chasing the Chris Henry’s and Christine Michaels of the world and then taking a collective dump on Ballage... he’s the one that lives up to the athletic ceiling for no reason other than that’s what the fantasy gods do.

:blackdot:

still holding in redraft for two reasons, waiting for drake to be traded.... and 2 -  my team is horrendous so he fits nicely on my roster

Edited by iamkoza
  • Laughing 1

I have both Drake and Ballage on my dynasty roster. Drake will be traded and better days are ahead for Ballage when they rebuild the OL next year.

There is nothing to do with this dumpster fire of a team right now, but sit and wait.

And my dynasty team right now is also the suck. We are also rebuilding after a decade and a half of decadence.

Edited by Todem

Ballage was a fine dynasty stash with upside, but this 'trust the process's rebuild all but kills his value.  Any player that gets out of Miami has more value elsewhere (even as a backup).

7 minutes ago, trader jake said:

Ballage was a fine dynasty stash with upside, but this 'trust the process's rebuild all but kills his value.  Any player that gets out of Miami has more value elsewhere (even as a backup).

You can't trade him. All you can do is sit and wait. But the Fins are sitting pretty with ton's of cap space and draft picks. People will be shocked how quickly it does turn around. Starting next season. 

A lot can be done with 12 draft picks and over 100MM in cap space, no state taxes and our weather. A brand new culture, coach and system. I have no choice but to buy in and hope. 

5 minutes ago, Todem said:

You can't trade him. All you can do is sit and wait. But the Fins are sitting pretty with ton's of cap space and draft picks. People will be shocked how quickly it does turn around. Starting next season. 

A lot can be done with 12 draft picks and over 100MM in cap space, no state taxes and our weather. A brand new culture, coach and system. I have no choice but to buy in and hope. 

A lot can be done.  Including bringing in a new running back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If Balladge has any sort of role next season with the Dolphins I'd be shocked. 

I'm not sure where this mythical redraft values coming from either. 

He's atrocious as a receiver and terrible lateral movement as a runner. I don't see his time long in the NFL as a RB.

If you're going to grab someone hoping..... praying.....for anything this year/beyond (assuming Drake dealt), let it be Mark Walton. If the Phins can get ANYTHING in return for Balladge, I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL

I think Mark Walton is better. Ballage has size and straight line speed but not much else. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

A lot can be done.  Including bringing in a new running back.

For sure. But we are getting jack #### for Ballage in any trade today. So what's the difference. 

Kalen Ballage logged a season-low eight snaps in Sunday's Week 4 loss to the Chargers.

He was in on just 15.4 percent of Miami's snaps, serving as the awkward third wheel to Kenyan Drake (28 snaps) and fellow sophomore Mark Walton (13 snaps). Ballage's benching was long overdue as the 2018 fourth-rounder has been abysmal this year, averaging a sluggish 1.5 yards per carry on 19 attempts while somehow faring even worse as a pass-catcher, dropping three of his seven targets. It goes without saying that Ballage should be nowhere near fantasy rosters right now.

SOURCE: Adam Levitan on Twitter

Sep 30, 2019, 9:48 AM ET

Once he dropped another pass early in the game he was benched.

He has looked awful.

45 minutes ago, Todem said:

Once he dropped another pass early in the game he was benched.

He has looked awful.

He doesn't belong on an NFL roster. Been obvious for awhile. Which is why he's on the Dolphins. Match made in heaven.

Clown music should be playing anytime they throw him a pass. Just comical he's even stepping foot on an NFL field because he doesn't belong there as a RB. He has zero lateral movement. If he's on a NFL team's 53 ext season, consider me shocked. I'd consider it an upset if he even lasts the season on the Dolphins roster even in a tanking season. Guy is just so FN brutal it's embarrassing. 

• Like 2

Holy sh** I can’t believe I got greedy / fell for the dwindling hype and took this guy over Mattison at the end of the draft, despite telling myself in advance that the only way I draft Cook is if I also get Mattison. Now I cringe after every single hit Cook takes.

Will this guy have any value moving forward after the Drake trade? 

Based on the last couple posts, probably not :lol:

1 minute ago, Steeler said:

Will this guy have any value moving forward after the Drake trade? 

Based on the last couple posts, probably not :lol:

I guess it's possible.  There will be more opportunity now.  But it would take a big turnaround.  He has looked comically bad this year.  Like literally throw a laugh track behind a half dozen plays and you could make a Charlie Chaplin sketch.

I guess it has "clicked" for guys before and guys who were out of their depth suddenly became good players, but it's not something I would count on.

20 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I guess it's possible.  There will be more opportunity now.  But it would take a big turnaround.  He has looked comically bad this year.  Like literally throw a laugh track behind a half dozen plays and you could make a Charlie Chaplin sketch.

I guess it has "clicked" for guys before and guys who were out of their depth suddenly became good players, but it's not something I would count on.

I'm really desperate at RB on one league and Walton is already on a roster, so who will be backing up Walton if not Ballage?

11 minutes ago, steelwind said:

Are we seriously picking this guy up?

Only if picking up a mediocre plodding RB tickles your fancy.   

Oh my god, it's a mirage
I'm tellin' y'all, it's Ballage

• Sad 1

At least with Walton you had a floor of 2 points and a ceiling of 4. With Ballage's terrible ball security, you'd be better off starting a player on a bye week. Rather than risk getting negative points from him, if your league scoring includes negatives for fumbling.

• Laughing 2

2 hours ago, Iceman03 said:

Patrick Laird SZN

From memory, he had some good preseason moments. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iceman03 said:

Patrick Laird SZN

Wonder if we're going to see Myles Gaskin get some meaningful work as well.

Kalen Ballage rushed 20 times for 43 yards in the Dolphins' Week 10 win over the Colts, adding four receptions for two additional yards.

Ballage was pretty much as advertised, failing to get much of anything after contact unless he managed to get a head of steam and wide-open lane beforehand. The Dolphins didn’t make an effort to get their other RBs involved, so expect Ballage to once again have a near three-down role in Week 11 against the Bills. He’s a low-end RB3 on volume alone, but don’t expect much of a ceiling from one of the league’s least-efficient RBs.

Scintillating 2.15 YPC.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Scintillating 2.15 YPC.

A true workhorse with 20 carries. His ypc is amazingly consistent. :lmao:

Kalen Ballage rushed seven times for 13 yards in Week 12 against the Browns.

This is an improvement from last week, when Ballage rushed for nine yards on nine carries. Ballage lost some work to Myles Gaskins and Patrick Laird, but the Dolphins didn't even try to establish a running game while playing behind. The plodding Ballage has looked like one of the worst starting backs in recent memory. It won't be surprising if Ballage takes a backseat to one of Gaskins or Laird in Week 13.

... THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!!!!

Edited by The Frankman

Yes, he's not a good RB but the staff is enamored with his size speed combo and maybe 2 good plays last year. With Walton, they had an ok RB, but with his departure, now they will surely pick a RB in the top 3 rounds. 

Kalen Ballage left Week 13 against the Eagles with a leg injury.

This was a non-contact injury, so it'd be surprising if Ballage isn't done for the day. He was later carted off. This had the looks like of a potential season-ender. Myles Gaskin and Patrick Laird will form a two-back committee with Ballage out.

Edited by The Frankman

Dolphins placed RB Kalen Ballage on injured reserve with a leg injury, ending his season.

The exact nature of Ballage's injury remains unclear. Ballage was quite literally historically bad before going down, averaging a mind-numbing 1.82 yards on 74 carries. Since the 1970 AFL/NFL merger, no runner with that many carries had averaged below 2.25 yards per carry. Ballage is simply the easiest player in the NFL to tackle. Although he does not turn 24 until later this month, Ballage figures to be on the outside looking in of a 2020 53-man roster spot following this year's disastrous display.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 3, 2019, 4:59 PM ET