What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Kalen Ballage, RB Arizona State (1 Viewer)

I didn't know he had singed with LAC.  He did look good there though.  Another case of a player getting away from Gase?

If he was any good, he wouldn't be put back on the PS after that performance for another team to poach away.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/kalen-ballage-demoted-after-busy-week-9/
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1326291276686270464

Daniel Popper @danielrpopper · 2h

Just because there's some confusion over Kalen Ballage reverting to the practice squad: P squad players can be flexed to active roster and back twice before they must be signed and then go through waivers. So #Chargers can activate Ballage again for Sunday with no ramifications.

And the #Chargers protected Ballage this week, so he cannot be signed by another team. Ballage is the team's lone protected practice squad player for this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
KALEN BALLAGE RB, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

Chargers OC Shane Steichen said the team's backfield will be determined by "the flow of the game."

"It's the flow of the game," Steichen responded when asked how he'll handle the team's committee of running backs. "You kinda go with it and see how it's rolling. See how guys are playing." The Chargers rode Kalen Ballage's hot hand last week for a backfield-high 17 touches, but that was without both Justin Jackson (knee) and Troymaine Pope (concussion) available; Pope has already practiced this week and is expected to return. With Jackson likely out again, it's truly up in the air who coach Anthony Lynn and Steichen will lean on against the Dolphins. Expect Joshua Kelley, Pope, and Ballage to all get a shot Sunday.

SOURCE: Around The NFL on Twitter

Nov 12, 2020, 9:24 AM ET

Kalen Ballage rushed 18 times for 68 yards in Week 10 against the Dolphins.

Ballage again led the Chargers' backfield in touches with Justin Jackson out. He didn't do much with it, averaging 3.8 YPC.  Ballage played over Joshua Kelley in the pass game, pacing the Chargers with five catches for 34 yards. Despite the workhorse role, Ballage failed to convert on his multiple goal-line chances. He'll be a mid-range RB3 for another revenge narrative in Week 11 against the Jets.

- Rotoworld

I still see a bout of timidness in Ballage who simply needs to be decisive.  He's big dude and should be able to run hard. 

Monday Morning Deep Dive:

https://twitter.com/notJDaigle/status/1328349287445639168

John Daigle @notJDaigle

Chargers RB snaps without Justin Jackson (knee, IR) yesterday:

Kalen Ballage 46-of-63

Joshua Kelley 17-of-63

Pope 0

Ballage’s 23 touches were the second-most of any Chargers RB all season.

---

Only James Robinson (50) and Derrick Henry (41) have more touches than Ballage (40) the past two weeks. (Dalvin Cook with 24 heading into MNF.)
https://twitter.com/LateRoundQB/status/1328143860325879819

JJ Zachariason @LateRoundQB

Kalen Ballage over the last two weeks:

Week 9: 62.5% RB rush share, 7.3% target share

Week 10: 72.0% RB rush share, 18.8% target share
EDIT:

https://twitter.com/SmolaDS/status/1328154873557348352

Jared Smola @SmolaDS

#Chargers Week 10 RB opportunities:

Kalen Ballage - 18 carries, 6 targets

Joshua Kelley - 7 carries, 0 targets

Troymaine Pope - 0 carries, 0 targets
Kalen Ballage ran 22 pass routes against the Dolphins, the seventh most among running backs in Week 10. 

Ballage rushed 18 times for 68 yards and caught five of six targets for 34 yards against Miami. The unlikeliest of workhorse backs, Ballage looks like he's locked in as the team's primary running back for as long as Justin Jackson is out with a knee injury. Ballage, an Adam Gase favorite and a former punchline in fantasy football circles, is also seeing goal line touches for LA. Delete all your 2019 Ballage Twitter posts before you play him against the Jets in Week 11.

- Rotoworld
If somewhere Kalen Ballage stumbles on this post... I sincerely apologize for everything I've said on this forum about you

I still see a bout of timidness in Ballage who simply needs to be decisive.  He's big dude and should be able to run hard. 
I haven't seen week 10, only week 9 of Ballage. I actually like what I believe you are calling timidness. He is trying to be patient and find a hole. He doesn't wait too long when there isn't really a hole. He decisively plows ahead. He has just enough size and pop to make it work. 

Making a play for him as well. I just can't decide whether he, Hines, or a guy like Ahmed is the better short term rental until the RB1 returns to the team.

No firm timetable on when Ekeler will be back (though could be as early as this next week). When he does, Jackson's shown he can command carries but he can't stay healthy, Kelley for all intents and purposes looks like a bust this year, and Pope has one good game but still a bit of an unknown in terms of whether the team will give him touches.

May just be that Ballage commanded the RB2 role and will still have value even when Ekeler returns.

Maybe Hines does that, highly doubt Ahmed does.

Making a play for him as well. I just can't decide whether he, Hines, or a guy like Ahmed is the better short term rental until the RB1 returns to the team.

No firm timetable on when Ekeler will be back (though could be as early as this next week). When he does, Jackson's shown he can command carries but he can't stay healthy, Kelley for all intents and purposes looks like a bust this year, and Pope has one good game but still a bit of an unknown in terms of whether the team will give him touches.

May just be that Ballage commanded the RB2 role and will still have value even when Ekeler returns.

Maybe Hines does that, highly doubt Ahmed does.
I’m in the same boat.  I need short term help but may need long term help as Mixon continues to sit.  I need to determine the claim order.  I think it’s Ahmed, Ballage, Hines.  I like Hines the most as a player but don’t trust Indy to settle on one back enough for the back to put up RB2 numbers.  

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kalen Ballage (ankle, calf) is not expected to play Week 12 against the Bills.

Austin Ekeler (hamstring) is expected back for this one, so it'll be Ekeler, Troymaine Pope, and Joshua Kelley taking up the backfield against Buffalo. With Ekeler back, fantasy leaguers can probably cut Ballage loose. He's not going to be getting anywhere close to the 21 touches per game he saw Weeks 9-11.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 29, 2020, 8:59 AM ET

Kalen Ballage (ankle) got in a limited practice on Wednesday.

After handling nearly 21 touches per game from Weeks 9 through 11, Ballage was held out last Sunday which coincided with Austin Ekeler's return to the field. As you know by now, Ekeler went on to see a career high in touches with 25. If Ballage does return to the lineup in Week 13 against the Patriots, it is fair to wonder if he reaches 10 touches if Ekeler stays healthy.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:56 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Chargers RB Kalen Ballage (ankle) is expected to play in Week 13 against the Patriots.

Austin Ekeler returned to a massive role in his first game back from injured reserve which should cement him as the lead-back and Ballage as nothing more than an elevated backup. Joshua Kelley logged seven carries and punched in a goal line rush last week. The Chargers gave Ballage run over Kelley when Ekeler was out so it's possible that he takes those touches away from Kelley this week. Because the LA offense has had no problem making it to the goal line with Justin Herbert under center, that would give Ballage some deep FLEX usability going forward. However, fantasy managers should take a cautious approach to the split behind Ekeler and keep both on the bench for now.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 6, 2020, 8:50 AM ET

Kalen Ballage rushed eight times for 11 yards and a touchdown in the Chargers' Week 15 win over the Raiders. 

The Chargers like Ballage enough that they made Justin Jackson a healthy scratch this evening and waived Troymaine Pope. His score was a one-yarder. Even with Austin Ekeler (quad) at less than 100 percent health right now, there will be zero reason for fantasy managers to turn to Ballage against the Broncos in Week 16. 

Dec 18, 2020, 12:47 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread