What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ballard should hire Frank Reich (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
I believe Frank Reich (offensive coordinator for the Eagles) should be the one hired as the new Colts coach.  He works well with QBs (and everyone else so I hear), is offensive minded, and has a Colts connection (2008-2011).   God help them if they hire Leslie Frazier. 

I believe Frank Reich (offensive coordinator for the Eagles) should be the one hired as the new Colts coach.  He works well with QBs (and everyone else so I hear), is offensive minded, and has a Colts connection (2008-2011).   God help them if they hire Leslie Frazier. 
I think it's a plus for his chances that he shares same agent as Ballard, same agent who just dumped McDaniels.

I would love to see Reich and DeFilippo both come. Leslie Frazier or Dan Campbell not so much.

I hope Irsay doesn't interfere in the coaching choice and let's Ballard do his job.

It's hard to imagine any scenario where Reich leaves and the Eagles don't immediately promote DeFilippo.
I completely agree. Their only chance would be to hire DeFilippo as HC and offer Reich play calling duties as OC. He'll never get that under Pederson.

No way DeFilippo makes a lateral move away from a much more desirable situation. If Reich leaves, he almost certainly gets offered the OC position in Philly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man This whole McDaniels things must have really hurt your feelings
I don't care about McDaniels not coming,  what upset me was the hiring of the assistants at the request of McDaniels.  I don't know if any of them are good (kind of like Eberfluss) for the team or not, but the Colts will honor their contract.  How prospective head coaches feel about those assistants is another thing. It put the Colts in a pickle.  Add all of that with the fact he caused men to uproot their families for a new job expecting McDaniels to be there.  What a Richard move that was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the rumors are true and for God's sake please don't announce anything until you get his signature.  He's a great find for the Colts and his first HC job to boot.  I love it if it's true.

I'm not sure Reich is the right guy to bring them back to prominence. Seems like more of a front-runner. 

In all seriousness, I like the Duce Staley angle that Slider alluded to.

JohnnyU said:
If he is hired, the Colts sure could use some good luck about right now.  Next news is that Luck starts throwing.
:lol:

Andrew Luck is the cold fusion of the NFL.  Full health is always juuuuust right around the corner.

This feels so right on so many levels.
Playing devils advocate a bit...

This move comes off as desperate. Spurned by McDaniels and almost instantly going to the team that beat them seems hasty. At his stage no team needs a HC. They could have interviewed tons of candidates. 

Playing devils advocate a bit...

This move comes off as desperate. Spurned by McDaniels and almost instantly going to the team that beat them seems hasty. At his stage no team needs a HC. They could have interviewed tons of candidates. 
Not if know what Reich brings to the table.  Who do you think would be a better candidate?

Not if know what Reich brings to the table.  Who do you think would be a better candidate?
Honestly I don’t have any other candidates in mind. I was just thinking they had all the time they need to make sure they get the right guy. There’s no more competition for a HC and teams can’t block someone getting promoted to HC. With that said, why not interview more people? 

Honestly I don’t have any other candidates in mind. I was just thinking they had all the time they need to make sure they get the right guy. There’s no more competition for a HC and teams can’t block someone getting promoted to HC. With that said, why not interview more people? 
Maybe they knew Reich was the guy they wanted and knew dragging it out isn't always the best maneuver.   I'm hoping that is the case.  I think the Colts are putting a decent staff together and I especially like the DC.

Users who are viewing this thread