Deamon

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Mills proves he's not as bad as Eli

3,302 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

Congrats to the Eagles. Well done!

 

Now as to the “at least a 1st rounder plus for Foles” stuff - is there some kind of disease that the Eagles fans caught from the Patriot fans during the SB?  They were putting forth the same kind of nonsense about Garappolo.  The NFL ain’t FF guys.

You do realize someone actually paid a 2nd for AJ Feeley, anything is possible. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Eagles fans say we shouldn't take less than a first, it is not because we think we can get a first. It is because Foles is extremely valuable to us as a back-up because if for some reason our franchise QB can't go next year, we have a really good back-up plan. One that worked this year. The rest of the Eagles are built to be a contender next year so you don't want the reason they don't contend be because of a deficiency at QB. 

Nobody offers us a first? Great, we roll with Foles as a Back-up. Somebody ponies up a sweet deal? Great, we take it and figure out how to get a good back-up. The Eagles are in a position of power and therefore can make the best decision for themselves. If someone really wants Foles, they really have no leverage against the Eagles.

Edited by dhockster
9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

You do realize someone actually paid a 2nd for AJ Feeley, anything is possible. 

BroncoBoy is seriously underestimating the scarcity of a quality quarterback. Which is surprising since his team is the perfect example of how little a great defense and quality receivers mean if you don't have one.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JuniorNB said:

I might trade Foles for the #15 pick if it belonged to someone else, but not to MInnesota. The Vikes and Rams will be Philly's NFC competition for the next 5 years. Why help them out of a bind at QB?

The NFC is absolutely loaded right now, ATL & seattle are just a tweak or two away from begin super bowl contender, Minny & the Rams as you mentioned. Saints and Packers with HOF QBs . Lions with new competent leadership (HAHAHAHA) hopefully. Dallas with Zeke and some moves on Defense. San Fran with Jimmy G. Enjoy this one, because the future isn't guaranteed for anyone, that why you have to win it when you get there ATLANTA.

 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

The NFC is absolutely loaded right now, ATL & seattle are just a tweak or two away from begin super bowl contender, Minny & the Rams as you mentioned. Saints and Packers with HOF QBs . Lions with new competent leadership (HAHAHAHA) hopefully. Dallas with Zeke and some moves on Defense. San Fran with Jimmy G. Enjoy this one, because the future isn't guaranteed for anyone, that why you have to win it when you get there ATLANTA.

 

 

True.  But I think rodgers and Brees will be gone or way less effective sooner than most think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, The Noid said:

So, what's the grace period here? Is it longer than a normal franchise gets because we were so deprived? Is it shorter because of how they are positioned over the next 10+ years? When we can we start booing again?????

If we don't win it all next year I'm booing. ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Noid said:

So, what's the grace period here? Is it longer than a normal franchise gets because we were so deprived? Is it shorter because of how they are positioned over the next 10+ years? When we can we start booing again?????

What would happen if the Eagles lose to the Cowboys next year cause Doug goes for it on 4th and medium and they don't get it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

The NFC is absolutely loaded right now, ATL & seattle are just a tweak or two away from begin super bowl contender, Minny & the Rams as you mentioned. Saints and Packers with HOF QBs . Lions with new competent leadership (HAHAHAHA) hopefully. Dallas with Zeke and some moves on Defense. San Fran with Jimmy G. Enjoy this one, because the future isn't guaranteed for anyone, that why you have to win it when you get there ATLANTA.

 

 

Yea, the NFC has a lot of good teams, so glad we pulled out the win this year.  I mean, we can say we think we'll be there again with Wentz - but then you realize Drew freaking Brees has only been to one SuperBowl.  Aaron Rodgers only one.  Julio Jones makes that catch on the goalline and it probably would have been the Vikings vs the Pats.  It's a game of inches, and the ball bounces different ways.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFC is loaded.  It'll be interesting to see how this team does currently constructed and hopefully a healthy Wentz.  They should still be a pretty damn good team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news about our schedule next year is that our we have only one road game in a historically hard place to win, New Orleans. The Rams game will be a de facto home game for us, and the Jags game will be in London, so they won't necessarily have home field advantage. Getting the Vikings, Panthers and Falcons at home helps us in our non-division schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dhockster said:

The good news about our schedule next year is that our we have only one road game in a historically hard place to win, New Orleans. The Rams game will be a de facto home game for us, and the Jags game will be in London, so they won't necessarily have home field advantage. Getting the Vikings, Panthers and Falcons at home helps us in our non-division schedule.

For as many times as the Jags have gone over to London you'd think there'd be quite a few Jags fans there.  Doesn't hurt that they made the AFC Championship too but yeah, most likely will be pretty neutral site.

 

Maybe Birds fans will travel to London like they did to Minneapolis. :yes:

Edited by CentralPA
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

The NFC is absolutely loaded right now, ATL & seattle are just a tweak or two away from begin super bowl contender, Minny & the Rams as you mentioned. Saints and Packers with HOF QBs . Lions with new competent leadership (HAHAHAHA) hopefully. Dallas with Zeke and some moves on Defense. San Fran with Jimmy G. Enjoy this one, because the future isn't guaranteed for anyone, that why you have to win it when you get there ATLANTA.

 

 

I hear that. I'll always remember Marino getting there as a rookie and losing and everyone saying he will be back many times. And he never saw the Super Bowl again. Atlanta and a healthy Green Bay could certainly contend also. I think Seattle's going the other direction now. Defense is aging and have a terrible offensive line. Dallas wont contend as long as Garrett is the coach.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BusterTBronco said:

Is there anything lamer than grown men singing that "we're from Philly" song like a bunch of 8 year olds?

Well, I have seen grown men wearing Seattle 12th Man game jerseys.  Oh, and throwing a pass from the one to choke away a Super Bowl is up there in lameness too. :coffee:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BusterTBronco said:

Is there anything lamer than grown men singing that "we're from Philly" song like a bunch of 8 year olds?

Yea, a jealous fan going into another team’s thread with a godawful attempt at starting ####. :bye: 

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Billy Bats said:

Yea, a jealous fan going into another team’s thread with a godawful attempt at starting ####. :bye: 

Remembering when his team was good. I kind of feel for the little guy.  :(

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Wait now I can't bump everything you said about Foles when Carson went down.:D

 

Congrats bud, the future is bright. Excited to watch this squad, who wouldn't wan to play for Dougie Balls. 

Ya, ya. Have already admitted that me and many others were wrong about our carson-less Sb chances. Being right feels 0.001% as good as being Sb champs. Unless you're Sha... nah, #### it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dhockster said:

When Eagles fans say we shouldn't take less than a first, it is not because we think we can get a first. It is because Foles is extremely valuable to us as a back-up because if for some reason our franchise QB can't go next year, we have a really good back-up plan. One that worked this year. The rest of the Eagles are built to be a contender next year so you don't want the reason they don't contend be because of a deficiency at QB. 

Nobody offers us a first? Great, we roll with Foles as a Back-up. Somebody ponies up a sweet deal? Great, we take it and figure out how to get a good back-up. The Eagles are in a position of power and therefore can make the best decision for themselves. If someone really wants Foles, they really have no leverage against the Eagles.

The longer into the season we go before trading him, the better. It's easy to look back and say the pats should have taken a first for Jimmy pre season, but I hate analyzing decisions solely on the result. Had Brady gone down week 6, people would have blasted them for trading Jimmy preseason. 

I think a 2nd is the right price, and that's what I'm hoping we get for Nick. I'm hoping we trade him, but I'm hoping it's as late as possible into next year. His value to us is huge right now, and slightly decreases after every week. 

Trade deadline for a 2nd like the pats got for Jimmy and I'm stoked. If Carson's health is even slightly worrisome or shaky, no deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, babydemon90 said:

Yea, the NFC has a lot of good teams, so glad we pulled out the win this year.  I mean, we can say we think we'll be there again with Wentz - but then you realize Drew freaking Brees has only been to one SuperBowl.  Aaron Rodgers only one.  Julio Jones makes that catch on the goalline and it probably would have been the Vikings vs the Pats.  It's a game of inches, and the ball bounces different ways.

Exactly this. Stars aligned for us this year and it was the perfect playoff run that you couldn't have scripted better. We got bounces when we used to never get them. We were due. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deamon said:

The longer into the season we go before trading him, the better. It's easy to look back and say the pats should have taken a first for Jimmy pre season, but I hate analyzing decisions solely on the result. Had Brady gone down week 6, people would have blasted them for trading Jimmy preseason. 

I think a 2nd is the right price, and that's what I'm hoping we get for Nick. I'm hoping we trade him, but I'm hoping it's as late as possible into next year. His value to us is huge right now, and slightly decreases after every week. 

Trade deadline for a 2nd like the pats got for Jimmy and I'm stoked. If Carson's health is even slightly worrisome or shaky, no deal. 

I would settle on a second rounder also if we can wait till the trade deadline and Wentz' knee seems 100%.  :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Billy Bats said:

Yea, a jealous fan going into another team’s thread with a godawful attempt at starting ####. :bye: 

Best to ignore that guy.  He's trolled Seahawks fans for years (even pretending to be one of them).  Just ask  @Hooper31

 

ETA - Now I guess he's moving on from trolling Seattle to Philly  :lol: 

Edited by fred_1_15301
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BusterTBronco said:

That was quite a parade yesterday.  I love how these morons are still trying to play the "we don't get no respect" card and acting all indignant about it.  That's the rallying cry of losers.

Get well soon.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fred_1_15301 said:

Best to ignore that guy.  He's trolled Seahawks fans for years (even pretending to be one of them).  Just ask  @Hooper31

Oh is that his game?  lol  What a sad little man. Maybe we can start a Gofundme page and try to get him a date or something? Kind of feel bad for the kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BusterTBronco said:

That was quite a parade yesterday.  I love how these morons are still trying to play the "we don't get no respect" card and acting all indignant about it.  That's the rallying cry of losers.

:lol::towelwave:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BusterTBronco said:

That was quite a parade yesterday.  I love how these morons are still trying to play the "we don't get no respect" card and acting all indignant about it.  That's the rallying cry of losers.

What is that smell?  Such stinky bait.

:fishing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thriftyrocker said:

What would happen if the Eagles lose to the Cowboys next year cause Doug goes for it on 4th and medium and they don't get it?

????

I'm not sure I understand your question.

If Doug goes for it on 4th and medium and doesn't get it, the Eagles will still be ahead by 24 points so I don't see the issue.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Ya, ya. Have already admitted that me and many others were wrong about our carson-less Sb chances. Being right feels 0.001% as good as being Sb champs. Unless you're Sha... nah, #### it. 

:D

 

Seriously though, how freaking awesome is Foles!!!!!!

 

Man I love that guy.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not ready for the offseason discussion.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

:D

 

Seriously though, how freaking awesome is Foles!!!!!!

 

Man I love that guy.

Ya he was lights out in the playoffs. I wonder what caused the total 180 from the Oakland game. Maybe it was playcalling, or a comfort thing, but he seemed like a totally new player after that Atlanta game. Confident, accurate, with some swagger. Not even the Foles lovers could have predicted he'd look THAT good. It was always "he just needs to be good enough for the d to win it for us".  Incredible stuff. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jon007 said:

I'm not ready for the offseason discussion.

 

That's fair. We can still bring up the Sb as long as we want and the celebration will never truly stop. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deamon said:

Ya he was lights out in the playoffs. I wonder what caused the total 180 from the Oakland game. Maybe it was playcalling, or a comfort thing, but he seemed like a totally new player after that Atlanta game. Confident, accurate, with some swagger. Not even the Foles lovers could have predicted he'd look THAT good. It was always "he just needs to be good enough for the d to win it for us".  Incredible stuff. 

Carr looked horrible too. I guess it was the 10 degree temperature and 25 mph winds. I'll admit that I was nervous after that game. I guess I had no reason to be.  :towelwave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey boys nice new thread. For some reason it feels a little nicer in here this year. 

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I promise this is not to take anything away from Nick, but I wonder if a lot of his success has to do with our system, and how well he'll do elsewhere. We always seemed to lack that "it" qb until Carson, but even our recent qbs have all done much better here than elsewhere. 

Foles does well here before (not even in the same system as this), bad elsewhere, then good again here. 

Bradford comes here and has the best season on his career. 

Vick comes here and has his best season. 

Aj Feeley and Kevin Kolb also have success here, go elsewhere and suck. 

McNabb goes elsewhere and sucks. 

Even Wentz does much better here than he was expected. 

Seems all these qbs seem to have their best years here and not sure it has to do with our scheme as we've ran many different offences under many different co-ordinators in that time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Best to ignore that guy.  He's trolled Seahawks fans for years (even pretending to be one of them).  Just ask  @Hooper31

 

ETA - Now I guess he's moving on from trolling Seattle to Philly  :lol: 

Oh no doubt, just had to get in one shot. Shame we don’t have a ban-from-a-thread only option, I would hate to report the little fella and get him completely suspended, would take away his only sort of self worth. 

Funny that there’s Bronco fans suddenly hanging in here, must be sheer torture to see a team with two awesome QBs when your team has none. :lmao:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foles had no preseason due to injury and very little reps before Carson went down. Add in two games in frigid conditions where nobody played well. 

 

BUT ALSO! I swear, Big Balls Doug worked the whole league! I think he played opossum and kept a lot of the playbook under wraps and may even have said, "don't throw it past 20 Nick." :ph34r:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Ya he was lights out in the playoffs. I wonder what caused the total 180 from the Oakland game. Maybe it was playcalling, or a comfort thing, but he seemed like a totally new player after that Atlanta game. Confident, accurate, with some swagger. Not even the Foles lovers could have predicted he'd look THAT good. It was always "he just needs to be good enough for the d to win it for us".  Incredible stuff. 

From everything I’ve heard they went first team practices in pads during the bye week, essentially having another training camp for Foles to get his timing down with the offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

Yea, the NFC has a lot of good teams, so glad we pulled out the win this year.  I mean, we can say we think we'll be there again with Wentz - but then you realize Drew freaking Brees has only been to one SuperBowl.  Aaron Rodgers only one.  Julio Jones makes that catch on the goalline and it probably would have been the Vikings vs the Pats.  It's a game of inches, and the ball bounces different ways.

I think the play/bounce that propelled this team and particularly Foles was the botched INT by ATL Neal. He catches that, best case the Eagles don’t score before halftime, worst case he returns it and positions ATL for points. On top of that Foles may have had some serious self doubt creep during the break. As it is, they get the bounce, he completes an awesome pass to Jeffrey with 1 second remaining and they kick the FG. The rest is Super Bowl MVP history. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, I have a new addition to my ignore list. And I'm not talking about ShahBucks, he was already there.

The Colts' job is not all that desirable given poor ownership, questions about Luck's health and three coaches hired by McDaniels that the new hire will be forced to keep. Hopefully Reich is not their No. 1 choice, and if he is, those factors prompt him to pass on it. 

However, there should be no shortage of coaches who would want to come here and work with Doug after what he did this year. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

BUT ALSO! I swear, Big Balls Doug worked the whole league! I think he played opossum and kept a lot of the playbook under wraps and may even have said, "don't throw it past 20 Nick." :ph34r:

I don't know if he played possum, but I do think they changed the playbook during the playoff bye week.  That's why I suggested in the SB game thread that it prepping for Foles could present some additional challenges vs. prepping for Wentz.  Wentz only had the '17 playbook whereas Foles also incorporated the '13.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

I don't know if he played possum, but I do think they changed the playbook during the playoff bye week.  That's why I suggested in the SB game thread that it prepping for Foles could present some additional challenges vs. prepping for Wentz.  Wentz only had the '17 playbook whereas Foles also incorporated the '13.

And most importantly,  his high school playbook ;)

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, simsarge said:

If I got a 2nd and some change for Foles and could sign McCown-ish for back up money, I'd do it in a minute.

The point is that Foles still has a lot of value to the Eagles, not that he is necessarily so amazing that he warrants huge compensation no matter what.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.