Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Deamon

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone.

2 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

Wait until reality hits next week...for the 2nd time this year.  Remember this score: 48-7.

It's one game. Pressure is all on them now. This is a different team than when we played them earlier. 

• Like 1

But Drew Brees has NEVER lost in the Superdome in the playoffs since started in New Orleans.  And I expect the Saints to do it again next week.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/773535-nick-foles-landing-spotcontract-size/?page=2

Not gonna clog it up in here, but Bigboy said even if he did win the Super Bowl again, he wouldn’t see $40-$50mm guaranteed.

I think he already has it, I love BDN, such a stud!!

Just now, Yogibear said:

But Drew Brees has NEVER lost in the Superdome in the playoffs since started in New Orleans.  And I expect the Saints to do it again next week.

Please tell me more

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

Wait until reality hits next week...for the 2nd time this year.  Remember this score: 48-7.

Glad we're getting the Eagles vs. the Boys next round.

1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/773535-nick-foles-landing-spotcontract-size/?page=2

Not gonna clog it up in here, but Bigboy said even if he did win the Super Bowl again, he wouldn’t see $40-$50mm guaranteed.

I think he already has it, I love BDN, such a stud!!

And it’s still true. Love him to death but outside of the last drive he had a pretty subpar game. 

Just now, need2know said:

Please tell me more

First time for everything. Oh, and I don’t care. If you told me a month ago we’d be here I would have laughed at you. This is like playing with house money to me. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

Perhaps you haven’t heard? 3 words; Big Dick Nick!

• Like 1

Like I said, Drew Brees and Sean Payton have NEVER lost at home in the playoffs since the two of them started in New Orleans.

4 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

No one is saying we'll beat the Saints.  Jeez let us just enjoy this for 10 minutes.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Yogibear said:

Like I said, Drew Brees and Sean Payton have NEVER lost at home in the playoffs since the two of them started in New Orleans.

they said the same thing about Favre in Lambeau until...…….

1 minute ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

And it’s still true. Love him to death but outside of the last drive he had a pretty subpar game. 

1) When it mattered the most, he had ice running in his veins, that’s what matters. And if you think that he leads them to another Super Bowl and doesn’t see at least $40-$50mm (prob more) guaranteed, you lose all credibility.

2) The first pick wasn’t on him, the 2nd was atrocious. He did what was needed to go on the road in the playoffs against the number 1 defense, and throw a TD on 4th & goal with less than 2 minutes left to win the game... That’s a guy you want as your franchise QB. Really not sure what else to tell you.

18 hours ago, tonydead said:

C'mon Eagles. Cowboys want to go to LA not NO.  Plus I have you in a teaser, how can you not cover 12.5 points?

Go Eagles!!! 

You’re welcome. Good for you guys Goff isn’t Brees, LA doesn’t have many fans at games, and most Cowboy fans aren’t from Texas so should be a split crowd. 😁

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Yogibear said:

Cool. Bold it more and making it larger. I don’t care. We’re still playing and I’m good with that. 

2 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

So you're saying they're due.

• Like 1

I always thought Yogi was a bear but apparently is a clown? Who let the clown in the team thread?

Just now, fantasycurse42 said:

1) When it mattered the most, he had ice running in his veins, that’s what matters. And if you think that he leads them to another Super Bowl and doesn’t see at least $40-$50mm (prob more) guaranteed, you lose all credibility.

2) The first pick wasn’t on him, the 2nd was atrocious. He did what was needed to go on the road in the playoffs against the number 1 defense, and throw a TD on 4th & goal with less than 2 minutes left to win the game... That’s a guy you want as your franchise QB. Really not sure what else to tell you.

Nothing you’re saying makes what I said untrue. 

As far as Nick, we’ll see. I hope he gets 100 million dollar deal and people on the internet laugh it me. I love him. 

• Like 1

Foles' last 6 starts as a Vegas Underdog.

Jan 13 vs Atlanta- Win
Jan 21 vs Minny- Win
Feb 4 vs New England- Win
Sept 6 vs Atlanta- Win
Dec 16 vs Rams- Win
Jan 6 vs Bears- Win

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:37 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

You guys are going to beat Chicago, I think Mitch gets a case of the tight asses and BD Nick has one more week of magic in him. Against the saints the next week though all bets are off

boom

1 minute ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Nothing you’re saying makes what I said untrue. 

As far as Nick, we’ll see. I hope he gets 100 million dollar deal and people on the internet laugh it me. I love him. 

It’s actually the opposite.

A franchise QB is a guy that never faces a moment that is too big, a guy like BDN. 

How much guaranteed money do franchise QBs make? 

5 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

First time for everything

Congrats to the Eagles. But you have no chance at all next week.

A franchise QB is a guy that never faces a moment that is too big, a guy like BDN. 

about 30 million per year

• Like 1

This is pointless.  Let's just see what he makes when he signs the line. 

1 minute ago, twistd said:

It's ok, we hear that alot.

• Like 3

Just now, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

about 30 million per year

I don’t think he’ll see that unless they go in to NO next week and win, but as I said 2 weeks ago, he has earned $40-$50mm guaranteed and will have multiple bidders at this point.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

We’ll see in a couple months. 

Have a good night. 

Edited by Bigboy10182000
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, twistd said:

the saints have been just ok since Thanksgiving....seems like the Defenses have caught up to these powerhouse offenses. 

1 minute ago, Deamon said:

This is pointless.  Let's just see what he makes when he signs the line. 

We’re all on the same side here. Every game he wins, that number goes up. I love him and want that number to be the sky, as every Eagles fan wants them to have another magical run.

But I was basically laughed out of this thread when I said $40-$50mm guaranteed 2 weeks ago. Guy has earned it, and he will get it!

16 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

Most likely.  Still, we play the game!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twistd said:

Thanks for your bold prediction, so brave picking #1 seeds. 

• Like 1

We’re all on the same side here. Every game he wins, that number goes up. I love him and want that number to be the sky, as every Eagles fan wants them to have another magical run.

But I was basically laughed out of this thread when I said $40-$50mm guaranteed 2 weeks ago. Guy has earned it, and he will get it!

I don't think he gets 50 guaranteed.  But we'll see.  Like Bigboy, would rather be wrong and have the guy paid.  He is a good dude and deserves great things.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

Thanks for your bold prediction, so brave picking #1 seeds. 

The Eagles weakness is their secondary. The Bears didn’t really take advantage of that. Brees will toast them.

I think we celebrated more tonight than the super bowl. :lol: 

They deserved to win this game. 

Sorry to be a Debbie downer, but I’ve been screaming about Sproles running between the tackles for at least a month. WTF is Doug doing??? 13 carries for 21 yards tonight, why do they keep doing it??? What the #### is he thinking?

14 minutes ago, twistd said:

So you're saying there's a chance.

3 minutes ago, Billy Bats said:

I think we celebrated more tonight than the super bowl. :lol: 

They deserved to win this game. 

Sorry to be a Debbie downer, but I’ve been screaming about Sproles running between the tackles for at least a month. WTF is Doug doing??? 13 carries for 21 yards tonight, why do they keep doing it??? What the #### is he thinking?

What's the alternative? Bears LBs would have ate up the run on the outside. It was simple to keep them honest.

• Like 1

Just now, Insein said:

What's the alternative? Bears LBs would have ate up the run on the outside. It was simple to keep them honest.

But it wasn’t anything new. He’s been trying it for a while now and it hasn’t worked. Adams has one carry. Was he hurt? All I know is Sproles up the middle is a pretty bad option. 

Just now, Billy Bats said:

But it wasn’t anything new. He’s been trying it for a while now and it hasn’t worked. Adams has one carry. Was he hurt? All I know is Sproles up the middle is a pretty bad option. 

I don't think he was hurt. I think Doug just didn't want to fumble.

26 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

And the Saints never won a Super Bowl...until they did. The past does not predict the future.

That was some terrible play calling - they basically punted 1st/2nd down. I guess they knew they had Nick the Magician to bail them out.

19 minutes ago, Lehigh98 said:

It's ok, we hear that alot.

And we don't care

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Insein said:

I don't think he was hurt. I think Doug just didn't want to fumble.

This

10 minutes ago, Billy Bats said:

Sproles is a great runner.

@danorlovsky7: Listen- blame @CParkey36 all ya want. But I know this. The @ChicagoBears DL and all its dominance had 1 sack. 1. 1. The saying bigtime players make big time plays in bigtime moments—Looks like @LaneJohnson65 and Jason Peters rose up tonight! That’s the story. #flyEaglesFly

• Like 8
  • Love 1

So much for Mack being the best defensive player in the game. The Bodyguard pretty much neutralized him all night and they never even tried to send him against Lane as far as I could tell.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

Put your house, your car, your wife and your kids on the eagles.

Idk if Foles sold his soul to the devil or what, but he can't lose 

13 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Sproles is a great runner.

Maybe, in the open field. He shouldn’t be running between the tackles, at all. 

1 minute ago, Billy Bats said:

Maybe, in the open field. He shouldn’t be running between the tackles, at all. 

They’re DL did better against us than I remember anyone doing all year. It was really impressive how strong they looked up front.