What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone. (3 Viewers)

The good news about our schedule next year is that our we have only one road game in a historically hard place to win, New Orleans. The Rams game will be a de facto home game for us, and the Jags game will be in London, so they won't necessarily have home field advantage. Getting the Vikings, Panthers and Falcons at home helps us in our non-division schedule.
For as many times as the Jags have gone over to London you'd think there'd be quite a few Jags fans there.  Doesn't hurt that they made the AFC Championship too but yeah, most likely will be pretty neutral site.

Maybe Birds fans will travel to London like they did to Minneapolis.  :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The NFC is absolutely loaded right now, ATL & seattle are just a tweak or two away from begin super bowl contender, Minny & the Rams as you mentioned. Saints and Packers with HOF QBs . Lions with new competent leadership (HAHAHAHA) hopefully. Dallas with Zeke and some moves on Defense. San Fran with Jimmy G. Enjoy this one, because the future isn't guaranteed for anyone, that why you have to win it when you get there ATLANTA.
I hear that. I'll always remember Marino getting there as a rookie and losing and everyone saying he will be back many times. And he never saw the Super Bowl again. Atlanta and a healthy Green Bay could certainly contend also. I think Seattle's going the other direction now. Defense is aging and have a terrible offensive line. Dallas wont contend as long as Garrett is the coach.

Wait now I can't bump everything you said about Foles when Carson went down. :D

Congrats bud, the future is bright. Excited to watch this squad, who wouldn't wan to play for Dougie Balls. 
Ya, ya. Have already admitted that me and many others were wrong about our carson-less Sb chances. Being right feels 0.001% as good as being Sb champs. Unless you're Sha... nah, #### it. 

When Eagles fans say we shouldn't take less than a first, it is not because we think we can get a first. It is because Foles is extremely valuable to us as a back-up because if for some reason our franchise QB can't go next year, we have a really good back-up plan. One that worked this year. The rest of the Eagles are built to be a contender next year so you don't want the reason they don't contend be because of a deficiency at QB. 

Nobody offers us a first? Great, we roll with Foles as a Back-up. Somebody ponies up a sweet deal? Great, we take it and figure out how to get a good back-up. The Eagles are in a position of power and therefore can make the best decision for themselves. If someone really wants Foles, they really have no leverage against the Eagles.
The longer into the season we go before trading him, the better. It's easy to look back and say the pats should have taken a first for Jimmy pre season, but I hate analyzing decisions solely on the result. Had Brady gone down week 6, people would have blasted them for trading Jimmy preseason. 

I think a 2nd is the right price, and that's what I'm hoping we get for Nick. I'm hoping we trade him, but I'm hoping it's as late as possible into next year. His value to us is huge right now, and slightly decreases after every week. 

Trade deadline for a 2nd like the pats got for Jimmy and I'm stoked. If Carson's health is even slightly worrisome or shaky, no deal. 

Yea, the NFC has a lot of good teams, so glad we pulled out the win this year.  I mean, we can say we think we'll be there again with Wentz - but then you realize Drew freaking Brees has only been to one SuperBowl.  Aaron Rodgers only one.  Julio Jones makes that catch on the goalline and it probably would have been the Vikings vs the Pats.  It's a game of inches, and the ball bounces different ways.
Exactly this. Stars aligned for us this year and it was the perfect playoff run that you couldn't have scripted better. We got bounces when we used to never get them. We were due. 

The longer into the season we go before trading him, the better. It's easy to look back and say the pats should have taken a first for Jimmy pre season, but I hate analyzing decisions solely on the result. Had Brady gone down week 6, people would have blasted them for trading Jimmy preseason. 

I think a 2nd is the right price, and that's what I'm hoping we get for Nick. I'm hoping we trade him, but I'm hoping it's as late as possible into next year. His value to us is huge right now, and slightly decreases after every week. 

Trade deadline for a 2nd like the pats got for Jimmy and I'm stoked. If Carson's health is even slightly worrisome or shaky, no deal. 
I would settle on a second rounder also if we can wait till the trade deadline and Wentz' knee seems 100%.   :thumbup:

BusterTBronco said:
That was quite a parade yesterday.  I love how these morons are still trying to play the "we don't get no respect" card and acting all indignant about it.  That's the rallying cry of losers.
Get well soon.  :(

BusterTBronco said:
That was quite a parade yesterday.  I love how these morons are still trying to play the "we don't get no respect" card and acting all indignant about it.  That's the rallying cry of losers.
:lol: :towelwave:

BusterTBronco said:
What is that smell?  Such stinky bait.

:fishing:

Ya, ya. Have already admitted that me and many others were wrong about our carson-less Sb chances. Being right feels 0.001% as good as being Sb champs. Unless you're Sha... nah, #### it. 
:D

Seriously though, how freaking awesome is Foles!!!!!!

Man I love that guy.

:D

Seriously though, how freaking awesome is Foles!!!!!!

Man I love that guy.
Ya he was lights out in the playoffs. I wonder what caused the total 180 from the Oakland game. Maybe it was playcalling, or a comfort thing, but he seemed like a totally new player after that Atlanta game. Confident, accurate, with some swagger. Not even the Foles lovers could have predicted he'd look THAT good. It was always "he just needs to be good enough for the d to win it for us".  Incredible stuff. 

Ya he was lights out in the playoffs. I wonder what caused the total 180 from the Oakland game. Maybe it was playcalling, or a comfort thing, but he seemed like a totally new player after that Atlanta game. Confident, accurate, with some swagger. Not even the Foles lovers could have predicted he'd look THAT good. It was always "he just needs to be good enough for the d to win it for us".  Incredible stuff. 
Carr looked horrible too. I guess it was the 10 degree temperature and 25 mph winds. I'll admit that I was nervous after that game. I guess I had no reason to be.   :towelwave:

I promise this is not to take anything away from Nick, but I wonder if a lot of his success has to do with our system, and how well he'll do elsewhere. We always seemed to lack that "it" qb until Carson, but even our recent qbs have all done much better here than elsewhere. 

Foles does well here before (not even in the same system as this), bad elsewhere, then good again here. 

Bradford comes here and has the best season on his career. 

Vick comes here and has his best season. 

Aj Feeley and Kevin Kolb also have success here, go elsewhere and suck. 

McNabb goes elsewhere and sucks. 

Even Wentz does much better here than he was expected. 

Seems all these qbs seem to have their best years here and not sure it has to do with our scheme as we've ran many different offences under many different co-ordinators in that time. 

Best to ignore that guy.  He's trolled Seahawks fans for years (even pretending to be one of them).  Just ask  @Hooper31

ETA - Now I guess he's moving on from trolling Seattle to Philly  :lol:  
Oh no doubt, just had to get in one shot. Shame we don’t have a ban-from-a-thread only option, I would hate to report the little fella and get him completely suspended, would take away his only sort of self worth. 

Funny that there’s Bronco fans suddenly hanging in here, must be sheer torture to see a team with two awesome QBs when your team has none. :lmao:   

Foles had no preseason due to injury and very little reps before Carson went down. Add in two games in frigid conditions where nobody played well. 

BUT ALSO! I swear, Big Balls Doug worked the whole league! I think he played opossum and kept a lot of the playbook under wraps and may even have said, "don't throw it past 20 Nick."  :ph34r:

From everything I’ve heard they went first team practices in pads during the bye week, essentially having another training camp for Foles to get his timing down with the offense. 

Yea, the NFC has a lot of good teams, so glad we pulled out the win this year.  I mean, we can say we think we'll be there again with Wentz - but then you realize Drew freaking Brees has only been to one SuperBowl.  Aaron Rodgers only one.  Julio Jones makes that catch on the goalline and it probably would have been the Vikings vs the Pats.  It's a game of inches, and the ball bounces different ways.
I think the play/bounce that propelled this team and particularly Foles was the botched INT by ATL Neal. He catches that, best case the Eagles don’t score before halftime, worst case he returns it and positions ATL for points. On top of that Foles may have had some serious self doubt creep during the break. As it is, they get the bounce, he completes an awesome pass to Jeffrey with 1 second remaining and they kick the FG. The rest is Super Bowl MVP history. 

Welp, I have a new addition to my ignore list. And I'm not talking about ShahBucks, he was already there.

The Colts' job is not all that desirable given poor ownership, questions about Luck's health and three coaches hired by McDaniels that the new hire will be forced to keep. Hopefully Reich is not their No. 1 choice, and if he is, those factors prompt him to pass on it. 

However, there should be no shortage of coaches who would want to come here and work with Doug after what he did this year. 

BUT ALSO! I swear, Big Balls Doug worked the whole league! I think he played opossum and kept a lot of the playbook under wraps and may even have said, "don't throw it past 20 Nick."  :ph34r:
I don't know if he played possum, but I do think they changed the playbook during the playoff bye week.  That's why I suggested in the SB game thread that it prepping for Foles could present some additional challenges vs. prepping for Wentz.  Wentz only had the '17 playbook whereas Foles also incorporated the '13.

I don't know if he played possum, but I do think they changed the playbook during the playoff bye week.  That's why I suggested in the SB game thread that it prepping for Foles could present some additional challenges vs. prepping for Wentz.  Wentz only had the '17 playbook whereas Foles also incorporated the '13.
And most importantly,  his high school playbook ;)

simsarge said:
If I got a 2nd and some change for Foles and could sign McCown-ish for back up money, I'd do it in a minute.
The point is that Foles still has a lot of value to the Eagles, not that he is necessarily so amazing that he warrants huge compensation no matter what.

I have no idea if the Foles to Minnesota thing has any basis in reality or just idle speculation, but they really do love our sloppy seconds.  Childress, Frazier, Shurmur, Bradford, DeFilippo...

dhockster said:
The good news about our schedule next year is that our we have only one road game in a historically hard place to win, New Orleans. The Rams game will be a de facto home game for us, and the Jags game will be in London, so they won't necessarily have home field advantage. Getting the Vikings, Panthers and Falcons at home helps us in our non-division schedule.
wow, so we play every NFC playoff team next year.  Obviously it makes sense with the Vikes and Rams, but sort of crazy that we pull the NFC south with 3 playoff teams.  Plus an AFCC participant, Watson with the Texans, Luck back with the Colts (I guess), plus an AFC playoff team (FWIW) possibly rejuvenated with a new coach.   Should be interesting.  At least we should be able to clean up in the division.

I'm not trading Foles.  A 3rd or 2nd isn't worth the insurance he'd provide next year if Wentz goes down or isn't ready.

I'm looking at this team, with its core and is it is, as having next year and MAYBE the year after as legit Super Bowl contenders before they need to reasses and retool (Wentz contract being a big part of that). To that...load all the weapons for next year and get another one.  

I have faith enough in Howie to make the right personnel decisions and trade that 1st round pick for more draft picks.  

The Noid said:
So, what's the grace period here? Is it longer than a normal franchise gets because we were so deprived? Is it shorter because of how they are positioned over the next 10+ years? When we can we start booing again?????
When there's only X number of players left on this team from the Super Bowl team.  With X being.........20?

JuniorNB said:
BroncoBoy is seriously underestimating the scarcity of a quality quarterback. Which is surprising since his team is the perfect example of how little a great defense and quality receivers mean if you don't have one.

My team is just fine at QB thanks.

fred_1_15301 said:
Best to ignore that guy.  He's trolled Seahawks fans for years (even pretending to be one of them).  Just ask  @Hooper31

ETA - Now I guess he's moving on from trolling Seattle to Philly  :lol:  
Expect a lot of that this summer.

My kids were watching Disney XD and the Foles Disney world commercial came on. Brought a smile to my face.

Ummm, because it’s not FF?  Foles has a documented history in the NFL.  He did a great job in relief but has not shown to date that he can succeed as a multiyear starter, much less be a franchise QB.  It’s why he was a backup in PHI in the first place despite the league having several QB starved teams.

So to answer your question, teams would rather draft young talent and attempt to develop them at rookie contract prices rather than ship multiple 1st rounders to other teams for the right to pay vet starters wages to documented journeyman backup QBs.  It makes sense if you think about both sides of the equation - really, it does.
TO answer the question he meant he wasn't gonna give him to a Div or Conference opponent for anything less then a 1st. That is a smart idea. Teams in your division conference should expect to pay more for someone as they won't give him to someone to help them be in their way unless they fork over the big bucks for him. It's how all sports work. 

Absolutely zero chance Minnesota trades for Foles.  They just handed Philly a first for Bradford.  Who do you think you are?  The Cowboys?  Nick Foles is no Herschel  Walker.
Is Rich Spielman your GM still? We've already fleeced him in MIA in the AJ Feeley deal and the Bradford deal. You might want to take Rich communication privileges away or at least if he gets the itch to Call Howie or Howie tries calling him. 

Billy Bats said:
Yea, a jealous fan going into another team’s thread with a godawful attempt at starting ####. :bye:  
He does realize that Chant is an old English Futboll chant right? It was kind of taking by the Philly Union Sons of Ben group adopted by them and the Futboll Club in England gave their blessing for them to use it. 

BusterTBronco said:
Yes, and your vaunted old English "futbol" team stole the song from "Oh My Darling Clementine". 

Stealing songs from children!  Well done!   :thumbup:   We're all very impressed.

Well, at least the song is accurate.  Especially the part about no one liking Philadelphians.

Congrats on the win, Philly but everybody know that ya'll ain't nuttin but a one year wonder.
I mean, Drew Brees was a "one year wonder". if we're going by super bowls.  Of course it will be hard as hell to repeat.  We don't care - we got one!  1  >>>>>>>>>>>  0

Absolutely zero chance Minnesota trades for Foles.  They just handed Philly a first for Bradford.  Who do you think you are?  The Cowboys?  Nick Foles is no Herschel  Walker.
certainly better than Bridgewater, Keenum, and Bradford. If you guys are happy 8-8, 9-7 enjoy

thriftyrocker said:
What would happen if the Eagles lose to the Cowboys next year cause Doug goes for it on 4th and medium and they don't get it?
legit question, and i hope Eagles fans cheer for it. Live by the sword, die by the sword. I do worry fans may sour, but legit fans know if you go for it on 4th and goal and have your 3rd string TE throw to your back-up QB, you won't hit at 100%.

with that said, Doug seems to have learned how to walk the line. 

I have no idea if the Foles to Minnesota thing has any basis in reality or just idle speculation, but they really do love our sloppy seconds.  Childress, Frazier, Shurmur, Bradford, DeFilippo...
i'm thinking the fact that Eagles' fans stole and now own the old "Skol" chant with "Foles" they kind of have to trade for him

Users who are viewing this thread