What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone. (1 Viewer)

What a great win. 

Just like the cowboys beating the saints. Anything can happen on any Sunday. 

Im so proud of this team for still fighting and not just laying down the rest of the season. 

The Rams are not getting close to the SB. I smell a fluke.

If the Rams don’t have a decent showing, in the playoffs, that shine that’s on McVay and Goff will be gone. 
They should still have a bye.  But hopefully it's not clinched before week 17.  It would help us a lot if Chicago was still in the hunt for the bye and didn't rest their starters vs Minny.

i'm guessing that game thread may die out, but thought this was kind of funny. LA sports media always good for a hoot:

some funny articles written in the LA sports media before this game. Here is one how the Rams winning culture is why the Rams won't go on losing streaks:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-eagles-20181215-story.html

nice job all around with some of this

ETA: this one too, about how the Rams now have a strong home field advantage:  https://www.ocregister.com/2018/12/15/rams-finally-getting-a-home-field-vibe-at-the-coliseum/

Wait....I just thought about my nightmare. 

We win the last 3, with Foles and in convincing fashion....only to miss the playoffs. Talk radio and the internet would be dead to me for like 8-9 months, maybe forever. 

Wait....I just thought about my nightmare. 

We win the last 3, with Foles and in convincing fashion....only to miss the playoffs. Talk radio and the internet would be dead to me for like 8-9 months, maybe forever. 
agreed, that will be worst case scenario. Tonight's win was fun, but all i could think through most of the game was "where the hell has this team been all year". So many bad/dumb losses this year, will definitely sting the most if they win out and still miss the playoffs

What a great win. 

Just like the cowboys beating the saints. Anything can happen on any Sunday. 

Im so proud of this team for still fighting and not just laying down the rest of the season. 

The Rams are not getting close to the SB. I smell a fluke.
was very refreshing seeing the team that looked close to the team from last year. Just happy to know it wasn't an anomaly from last year and that this team can play with the big teams still. I do think that Cowboys game was more of a case of the Saints losing, but this Phi-LAR game was nice because it wasn't flukey. Eagles just played better.

i'm sure the talk about Foles > Wentz will be all over the sports radio this week,  but I don't think it is totally off-base. Jeffrey looked the best he did all year last night. I hope Wentz's injury isn't too bad, and that the time frame is correct, so he can have a full off-season to work. Honestly think that is the biggest thing, considering he missed most of last one

was very refreshing seeing the team that looked close to the team from last year. Just happy to know it wasn't an anomaly from last year and that this team can play with the big teams still. I do think that Cowboys game was more of a case of the Saints losing, but this Phi-LAR game was nice because it wasn't flukey. Eagles just played better.

i'm sure the talk about Foles > Wentz will be all over the sports radio this week,  but I don't think it is totally off-base. Jeffrey looked the best he did all year last night. I hope Wentz's injury isn't too bad, and that the time frame is correct, so he can have a full off-season to work. Honestly think that is the biggest thing, considering he missed most of last one
Yeah Foles was great for most of the game but he did throw a bad int in the 4th and then nearly another one.  Regardless, one thing everyone should agree on is that Howie unequivocally made the correct decision to not trade him.  

Who cares about talk radio??? 
I like to be able to turn the radio on and hop on social media during the season as well as the off season. If all I’m going to see or hear is “Look at how they played with Foles! We should trade Wentz” or “There’s no way we can extend Carson now” etc etc. I can’t deal with that for weeks and months. 

The Foles>Wentz makes for good sports talk, but Foles is just a really good backup that doesn’t make a habit out of making bad decisions. 

Look at how Foles played last night vs Sanchez a couple weeks ago. Foles can do just enough to not eff everything up.

I truly believe Wentz is the next Rodgers and will lead us to another ring. 

Short term bias with Foles.  This is also the dude that couldn't move the ball against a bad Tampa Bay team.  He does seem to have a quicker release, Wentz needs to get better at making quick decisions  instead of locking on one guy.  

Short term bias with Foles.  This is also the dude that couldn't move the ball against a bad Tampa Bay team.  He does seem to have a quicker release, Wentz needs to get better at making quick decisions  instead of locking on one guy.  
Foles feels comfortable going to Jeffery deep. Jeffery did not play the first 2 games of the season so I think that affected Foles' play. The deep ball threat helps open up the running game, and the running game opens up all the other receivers.

I assume you guys are just as frustrated and puzzled how your team can look borderline dominate some weeks and completely inept other weeks.

Anyway, in the spirit of the holidays I just wanted to stop by and say what a hell of a win. Congrats. Two more and Cowboys fans will be ####ting their pants.

🎄

Last edited by a moderator:
8-2 short term?

Foles feels comfortable going to Jeffery deep.
He has no problems throwing it up and letting receivers make a play. That’s the big difference IMO. If he sees 1 on 1 deep he’ll throw it whereas Carson seems to stay within the offense. If the first read or two aren’t there check it down or move. 

I like to be able to turn the radio on and hop on social media during the season as well as the off season. If all I’m going to see or hear is “Look at how they played with Foles! We should trade Wentz” or “There’s no way we can extend Carson now” etc etc. I can’t deal with that for weeks and months. 
It's already happening. Heard a couple today.

An interesting point I heard today. Wentz has not felt right all year. He's fallen back on rookie year tendencies and gone to what he "knows" will work (i.e. forcing it to Ertz). Last year Carson spread it around and had full command of the offense before the injury. This year he seemed to always be going with what was comfortable. Instead of just handing the ball off on an RPO for a 2-3 yard gain, he'd pull back and throw to a double covered Ertz thinking that Ertz will catch it and get us 12 yards instead of a measly 3. Instead of throwing it deep and letting our receivers make a play, he'll go for the intermediate route to Ertz or JMatt because he knows it and it's safer. Basically, Carson was making a lot of mental mistakes in his reads. His stats still looked good but his mechanics took a step back. Which is understandable considering the injury was less than a year old and now finding out about the back. 

Carson is still the guy next year but hopefully some time sitting back and watching Nick will give him perspective on what he was doing wrong this year compared to last.

If Nick helps the team win out and get into the playoffs, he's going to get paid by someone next year. Eagles might get that 3rd round pick back if that happens in compensatory time. 

An interesting point I heard today. Wentz has not felt right all year. He's fallen back on rookie year tendencies and gone to what he "knows" will work (i.e. forcing it to Ertz). Last year Carson spread it around and had full command of the offense before the injury. This year he seemed to always be going with what was comfortable. Instead of just handing the ball off on an RPO for a 2-3 yard gain, he'd pull back and throw to a double covered Ertz thinking that Ertz will catch it and get us 12 yards instead of a measly 3. Instead of throwing it deep and letting our receivers make a play, he'll go for the intermediate route to Ertz or JMatt because he knows it and it's safer. Basically, Carson was making a lot of mental mistakes in his reads. His stats still looked good but his mechanics took a step back. Which is understandable considering the injury was less than a year old and now finding out about the back. 

Carson is still the guy next year but hopefully some time sitting back and watching Nick will give him perspective on what he was doing wrong this year compared to last.
And an actual, healthy training camp will help too.  Heard a similar thing, that there's probably RPO's where Nick was more content to just let the run go.  Although Josh Adams 1.9 YPC aren't gonna score 30 points often...

If Nick helps the team win out and get into the playoffs, he's going to get paid by someone next year. Eagles might get that 3rd round pick back if that happens in compensatory time. 
I don't think there any compensatory pick, he's under contract.  I think opt out = release from a compensatory pick formula, even if its a player option.

I’m very interested to see what he would do. He seems to really love it here and he constantly talks about how much he likes the QB room. A couple years ago he was ready to retire. He may go that route again or just take lesser money to stay here. 

i think it makes sense.  the offense worked  better last night because nick was more decisive.  just took the first thing that he saw that was there.  wentz seemed like he has been searching for the right play a lot of the year.  partly i attribute that to his superior skill and knowing that he can make big plays at any time on talent, but nick just executes what's there.  throw in not feeling right physically and mentally, and i can see why wentz would be down this year.

Users who are viewing this thread