What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone. (3 Viewers)

Ya facing Dallas in the playoffs is almost impossible.  It's crazy to think that if all the favoured teams win the next 2 weeks, that we're ACTUALLY in the playoffs.  Wild.
Yeah, only way we see Dallas before a “hypothetical NFC championship game” is if Seattle loses 2 and Minny loses 1 while we win out. I believe that pushes us into the 5 seed instead of the 6, letting us meet Dallas in the first round. Butttttt, I don’t see Seattle losing to Arizona week 17 in Seattle assuming KC wins this week. Also don’t see minny losing to Detroit, but could to the bears in week 17. 

All this hinges on the eagles beating Houston of course. It’s gonna be an exciting 2 weeks of football

Well I lost Newton for a championship game. I think I'm gonna put my trust in Saint Nick! It's either him or Darnold or Carr. FTW!!

I have this crazy feeling that game is gonna be ratter high scoring. Over 50.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deamon said:
Line has moved from -1 to -2.5

Dammit!  We need to be underdogs.
I don't get how we're favored at all tbh.  Houston is a good team competing for a bye.  We lost to Dallas twice.  Overrating the Rams win I think - things happen. 49ers beat Seattle, etc.  

Deamon said:
Line has moved from -1 to -2.5

Dammit!  We need to be underdogs.
I don't get how we're favored at all tbh.  Houston is a good team competing for a bye.  We lost to Dallas twice.  Overrating the Rams win I think - things happen. 49ers beat Seattle, etc.  

Yeah they are better than us pretty much across the board.  Only reason I think we have a chance is playing at home and  having a bit of extra juice coming off last week's big win. 

this game is going to be tough

Maddox back shored up the DB's and now Hicks comes back. I think this makes the D infinitely better. Plus the added fire from Foles and I'm thinking we win by 17.

So Jason Kelce last Monday Morning had Breakfast at the Kettle which is on Brooklyn Boulvarde which is 10 Min drive from my house. A buddy of mine got to meet him. His wife and Him were having breakfast there and were really amazing. I also found out that the Kelce's bough a house in my township and Jason's father in law does my security cameras and fixed my TV in my department. He's a hell of a guy himself. Super nice. 

I think that’s a good move for you. Michel could get some points but he’s part of a 4 headed monster with that fullback getting Tds. At least with Jeffrey you’re getting Foles BFF
The FB James Devlin his grandmother lives at my Grandma's retirement home. But he's just culturing my Michel TD's at this point. Literally a month younger then me but we never played his HS. 

Why that dummy didn’t just grab it makes no sense.  

My bad wrong thread. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I feel weak and shaky after that. My God. I'm not sure I would have forgiven Doug for going for two. Can anyone explain to me his rationale on that? 
Same.  That win still hasn't totally healed the punches in the gut of that 4th quarter.  That didn't feel good.  Why do we always have to blow leads! 

Need the Bears to win today or we're done.

Need the Bears to win today or we're done.
It is key to note that if the Bears lose today, they could fall to the 4 seed if they lose next week and Dallas wins, so the Bears should have something to play for next week no matter what. 

So what do we need to make the Bears have something to play for next week. 

Should I root for or against the Bears today ?

It is key to note that if the Bears lose today, they could fall to the 4 seed if they lose next week and Dallas wins, so the Bears should have something to play for next week no matter what. 
Historically, teams don't at all care about getting the 3 seed over the 4 seed, and almost always rest players even when the 3/4 isn't decided. 

Maybe this year with the Saints looking tougher than the Rams, but I still doubt it.  The rest is more important than trying to pick your 2nd round opponent.

So what do we need to make the Bears have something to play for next week. 

Should I root for or against the Bears today ?
Need Bears win for sure.  If they lose, they would need a Rams loss vs Cards to have a meaningful game next week.  As long as they win, they are totally in the hunt for a bye.

I feel weak and shaky after that. My God. I'm not sure I would have forgiven Doug for going for two. Can anyone explain to me his rationale on that? 
the one where foles got facemasked?

i don't know the specific probabilities, but I have no doubt that they have all the scenario analyses to defend why they did it.  As Pip mentioned a few times in the game thread, something may have been off with Elliott today, which may have also affected the calculation.

I don’t think it should even be a consideration in the first half unless there’s a special circumstance like an injury to a kicker. 
It's easy to say it was a bad call.  But since we convert on over 50% of them, had we converted that, then we might have won without that last drive.  Would have put us up 8 there.  Not to mention if they called the facemask, we'd get another shot from closer in.

yeah that was tough. Really would like Chicago to win next week and see the Eagles play another game in the playoff against either the Bears/Rams. go in with nothing to lose and can go balls out
Yeah.  Weeks ago I said the best case would be the wild card and now that's an actual possibility.  MUCH easier schedule next year and now we're playing with house money.  Don't think the Rams lose next week to the niners, but still hope the bears play for the win and knock minny out. 

Someone mentioned earlier they wouldn't want us in playoffs, but I think they'd rather Philly in the playoffs than let a division rival in.

It's easy to say it was a bad call.  But since we convert on over 50% of them, had we converted that, then we might have won without that last drive.  Would have put us up 8 there.  Not to mention if they called the facemask, we'd get another shot from closer in.
Would have been up 6, not 8

Users who are viewing this thread