Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Deamon

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone.

1 minute ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Dumb statement? Ok man....

you think Foles is going to sign for more in the offseason in Case Keenum did last year?  I think it's going to be very similar, which is why I made the comparison. But you said anyone comparing the two should turn in his fan card. So I take that as meaning you think Foles is going to sign a humongous contract, far exceeding what Keenum signed for.  Are you going on record as saying that?

Edited by JuniorNB

Just now, JuniorNB said:

you think Foles is going to sign for more in the offseason in Case Keenum did last year? 

I don’t care what he signs for. Foles destroyed Keenum last year H2H. Foles has won a super bowl and was the mvp. Come on man. Enough. We all agree Wentz is everything future here but Foles has carved out a legitimate legacy. Keenum is a JAG. 

1 minute ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

I don’t care what he signs for. Foles destroyed Keenum last year H2H. Foles has won a super bowl and was the mvp. Come on man. Enough. We all agree Wentz is everything future here but Foles has carved out a legitimate legacy. Keenum is a JAG. 

You might want to look up Keenum stats from last year. He had a very good year. Which earned him a very big contract.  That's why I think they will be similar.  I can't imagine how much you think Foles is going to get paid if you think it's going to blow away what Keenum got.  I hope you're right. I'd love to see him get rewarded for what he brought to our city.  I just think that in the end, it's going to be very similar 

• Like 1

Rooting for my boy big dick nick.....won me another ff superbowl in my 2qb league.......no one wants to see Philly in the playoffs...i think bears play to lose vs minnesota

1 hour ago, Insein said:

People need to stop thinking praising one is disrespecting the other. Foles is good. Wentz is also good. One is younger than the other. Simple as that. 

In order for the conversation to advance everyone needs to understand this. 

I love Foles and hope he ends up the highest paid player in the league. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Foles destroyed Keenum last year H2H. 

Don’t do this please. Foles/Pederson/Reich/Flip etc destroyed the Vikings defense. A defense that didn’t feature Keenum. 

Our defense (one that didn’t include Foles) destroyed the Vikings offense. 

The Keenum comparisons stemmed from me saying Nick would get that type of contract. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Insein said:

People need to stop thinking praising one is disrespecting the other. Foles is good. Wentz is also good. One is younger than the other. Simple as that. 

and Wentz's ceiling his higher.

It won't happen, so maybe it's not even worth discussing, but an interesting thought experiment would be what if you could sign Foles to a Keenum-like deal and trade Wentz and use the difference in the salaries plus the return for Wentz to build an even stronger team around Foles. 

I doubt I would do it, but I only say it from the standpoint that Foles clearly has a weird thing where in the right context, he can really deliver and be part of a championship team.  Kind of like the old Redskins and Giants models in the 80s and early 90s.  It's a different game, so that comparison may not be apt, but we do know the environment in which Foles succeeds and is it possible that building that is more sustainable than giving the QB the big-money deal (based on a lot of the other situations where that's happened).

7 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

And IF Foles wins back to back SB’s it is not crazy to want to keep him. 

Absolutely not crazy. Still doesn't mean it will happen though. (Keeping him that is)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

In order for the conversation to advance everyone needs to understand this. 

I love Foles and hope he ends up the highest paid player in the league. 

I agree with this. It's kind of a weird thing right now being an Eagles fan. It's almost like you're supposed to be on team Wentz or team Foles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Dumb statement? Keenum = Foles??? You’re wrong man. Simply wrong. 

Foles is better than Keenum, and will get paid more than him.  But the comparison is similar (ish).  A seasoned backup on a good offensive team, starter got hurt, and he stepped in and produced.  That's what got Keenum paid.. he was pretty good in Minny last year.  But Junior is saying you have to look at his whole body of work.  Can't cherry pick his bad games (especially with JF) and can't cherry pick his good games.  He seems to step up to the competition. 

He has had great games for us against the Falcons, Vikings, Patriots, Rams, Texans.  No doubt about that.  He has had bad games against Oakland, Dallas, and Tampa (He actually was pretty good against Tampa in the loss this year and awful week 1 in the win vs atlanta).  It's weird that he always beats good teams and loses to bad teams.  It's easy to look at the clutch games as 'the ones that matter" (as they do), but winning the games vs bad teams is equally important.

1 hour ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Don’t do this please. Foles/Pederson/Reich/Flip etc destroyed the Vikings defense. A defense that didn’t feature Keenum. 

Our defense (one that didn’t include Foles) destroyed the Vikings offense. 

The Keenum comparisons stemmed from me saying Nick would get that type of contract. 

People keep forgetting how great our defense was last year, even throughout the playoffs.  One of our own fans even posted in here that our D was awful last year and it was top 5 in the league.  It wasn't great in the SB, though SB's are usually high scoring, offensive games.  Especially against Brady.  Nick won us that game more than the D did for sure.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Insein said:

Absolutely not crazy. Still doesn't mean it will happen though. (Keeping him that is)

I can tell you this much.  It’s going to be an awkward position for Howie with this fanbase.

but still a GREAT position to be in given that his team just won back to back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I agree with this. It's kind of a weird thing right now being an Eagles fan. It's almost like you're supposed to be on team Wentz or team Foles.

It’s definitely an odd situation.  I just can’t believe Foles is doing it again.  Veins of ice on that guy.

Guys...we need to keep in mind that we're still NOT in the playoffs. While I think we beat Washington, it's hardly a given. And then, we're hoping for Chicago to beat Minny,which also should happen, but is far from given. Overall the odds are no better then 50-50 to get in at all.

If we do, I could see pulling off a nice first round victory.....before getting smoked (again) in the dome.

11 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I'm a little surprised the Vikings are favored by 5. Thought the Bears would get more respect. 

I think it's more of them resting everyone in the second half when they see the Rams are up a bunch in their game.  I have no worries about beating the Washington team, but think the Vikings will ruin everything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jasvic said:

I think it's more of them resting everyone in the second half when they see the Rams are up a bunch in their game.  I have no worries about beating the Washington team, but think the Vikings will ruin everything.

Yep I see it this way too.  If this game was in Minny, I'm sure they'd be blasting the Rams score over the PA and all over the scoreboard to get Chicago to see it.  Maybe they won't see it?  Arg.

Tough one for the Bears.  Do you want to keep a div rival out?  Or lose and get to host a weak Minny team instead of Philly?

6 hours ago, Deamon said:

Yep I see it this way too.  If this game was in Minny, I'm sure they'd be blasting the Rams score over the PA and all over the scoreboard to get Chicago to see it.  Maybe they won't see it?  Arg.

Tough one for the Bears.  Do you want to keep a div rival out?  Or lose and get to host a weak Minny team instead of Philly?

I think the bears play to win.  They can get the number 2 seed and knock out a divison rival.  If they lose they could have to play against mn again. a few years back they had a similar situation and it bit them in the ###.

1 hour ago, need2know said:

I think the bears play to win.  They can get the number 2 seed and knock out a divison rival.  If they lose they could have to play against mn again. a few years back they had a similar situation and it bit them in the ###.

But if they see the Rams winning 31-6 at halftime then they shut it down. Especially with Trubisky nursing a bum shoulder.

Edited by Billy Bats

8 minutes ago, Billy Bats said:

But if they see the Rams winning 31-6 at halftime then they shut it down. Especially with Trubisky nursing a bum shoulder.

The 49ers aren't a bad team at all and might be winning at halftime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slider said:

The 49ers aren't a bad team at all and might be winning at halftime.

They have been playing better and the Rams have been trending down. 

50 minutes ago, need2know said:

They have been playing better and the Rams have been trending down. 

Agree. Rams with Anderson won't steamroll the Niners like they did Arizona.

11 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Why would the NFL not put all 3 of those games on at the same time? 

Eagles, Rams, Bears? They are, all starting at 4:25. 

Edited by Billy Bats

1 hour ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

They are all at the same time. Unfortunately it would have been better for us if they left the Vikings Bears at 1pm.

11 minutes ago, Insein said:

They are all at the same time. Unfortunately it would have been better for us if they left the Vikings Bears at 1pm.

They would never do that. The majority of the games are at 4:25.

2 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

1 hour ago, Insein said:

Am really curious about how/when the team will see the score.  Do they check their cellphones at halftime?  Are they told in pregame to not worry about that other game at all?  Will they ask for the scoreboard staff to not put up that score so players can't see?  Will JUST the coach look maybe so he can adjust?

If I'm understanding this right, if the Vikings and Rams win, then the Bears would play the Vikings again no? Division opponents are always tougher. Wouldn't the Bears think it'd be in their best interests to face us instead of Minnesota again assuming we also win next wee?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

If I'm understanding this right, if the Vikings and Rams win, then the Bears would play the Vikings again no? Division opponents are always tougher. Wouldn't the Bears think it'd be in their best interests to face us instead of Minnesota again assuming we also win next wee?

I get the division thing, and the rival thing, but I'd have to think the Bears would rather Minny come to town than Philly.

Pederson was asked if he’d call his old buddy Nagy and ask for a little help this weekend: 

“I might,” Pederson said. “Maybe I've done that, we'll have to see. Maybe I've already done that this morning.”

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Am really curious about how/when the team will see the score.  Do they check their cellphones at halftime?  Are they told in pregame to not worry about that other game at all?  Will they ask for the scoreboard staff to not put up that score so players can't see?  Will JUST the coach look maybe so he can adjust?

Games in Minnesota. So they most likely won't comply. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Insein said:

Games in Minnesota. So they most likely won't comply. 

I don't know why I thought the game was in Chicago.  In that case, ya... I bet Minny announces that over the PA everytime the rams get a first down.

9 hours ago, Billy Bats said:

Eagles, Rams, Bears? They are, all starting at 4:25. 

8 hours ago, Insein said:

The Irish coffee had the better of me this morning. And the 3 hours of sleep. :bag:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deamon said:

I don't know why I thought the game was in Chicago.  In that case, ya... I bet Minny announces that over the PA everytime the rams get a first down.

I mean, I'm pretty sure some assistant can check it on the phone and report at halftime, regardless of where its at....

4 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

I mean, I'm pretty sure some assistant can check it on the phone and report at halftime, regardless of where its at....

My buddy who played for years in the terrible CFL (had a brief nfl preseason stint) was telling me that he's been in a few of these same situations where their effort depends on the outcome of another game.  Said the whole team knew what was up with the other game.  They were all told not to look at scoreboard, but trainers, ball boys, etc. all find out the score and whisper it and it spreads. 

Add that to what Minny PA guys will do if the Rams are winning, and I'd say there's zero chance the Bears won't find out. 

Our only shot at playoffs is if the 49ers keep that game close.

Just now, Zigg said:

Terrible CFL?  

Yes the CFL is absolutely awful.  Figured I needed to throw that in there before someone said "YOU'RE COMPARING THE NFL TO THE CFL?!"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

This is my thought.  I think the bears play to win regardless of any other scores mid game.

8 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

This is my thought.  I think the bears play to win regardless of any other scores mid game.

I'm thinking the same. Bears will only let off if either game gets out of hand one way or another. They'll at least start the game trying to win.

13 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

I believe this too. Can't go into a game half assed. That's how players get hurt and srts you up for failure later. If Minnesota is blowing them out, then I see the Bears pulling guys.

• Like 1

Just catching up on the conversation regarding Foles/Wentz going forward. Look, if Foles leads the Eagles to a second Super Bowl win, I don't really give a flip who is QB next year. We would have won back-to-back Super Bowls!!!

Just for fun I went back and looked at Foles record. If you throw out his rookie season when the team was a disaster, Foles is 22-7 as a starter for the Eagles. During that period he is 7-2 (regular season and playoffs) against teams that won 10 or more games. BDN in more ways than one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dhockster said:

Just catching up on the conversation regarding Foles/Wentz going forward. Look, if Foles leads the Eagles to a second Super Bowl win, I don't really give a flip who is QB next year. We would have won back-to-back Super Bowls!!!

Just for fun I went back and looked at Foles record. If you throw out his rookie season when the team was a disaster, Foles is 22-7 as a starter for the Eagles. During that period he is 7-2 (regular season and playoffs) against teams that won 10 or more games. BDN in more ways than one.

It's an odd (but good) position to be in as a team. They have the two best QBs in their division.  It's a shame he's a free agent. Imagine going from thinking about retirement to getting ready to sign a 20 million dollar contract.  Just a wonderful story. 

Let’s not forget Minny is playing for their lives here too.  Even with Chicago playing to win this is not a foregone conclusion.  I’m worried nick and company take care of business and look dominant doing it, only to find themselves locked out of the playoffs in a year later payback from the beat down we gave them last year.  

However, if not, I think most teams would not want to face us in the playoffs.  Could actually make some real noise-I’d never have thought this possible a few weeks ago.  Exciting times indeed.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:08 AM, JuniorNB said:

But you can't pick and choose which games you decide you're going to trust your eyes. Did you see how he played at the end of last regular season?  Or his two starts to kick off this season?  He's very streaky. GMs know that. Howie knows that.  Wentz was not streaky last year. He was awesome. Every game. Better than any other quarterback in this league. far exceeded what we hoped we were getting when we traded for the draft pick. I only had a franchise quarterback, we had a Rogers-level quarterback. And because he played her this year and wasn't at 100%, it just blows my mind how Eagles fans forget about that. They totally forgot all those seasons where they were hoping they could get a shot at an elite quarterback.  Jared Goff's stats last two games featured one touchdown and 7 interceptions.  Do you think Rams fans are looking for a replacement? My God, my mind is exploding with how crazy some people in this fan base are. Go look at Nick Foles career stats. He's had one great season under Chip Kelly, and two bad seasons. Those are his three years as a starter in this league. And Eagle fans want to throw out their sleep franchise quarterback for a journeyman who gets hot once in awhile.  I wish I could make this argument without making it sound like I'm cuttin up Foles. What he brought to this city last year answered a dream that I've had all my life. But I think it made some people lose their freaking minds. If they were to somehow let another team have Carson Wentz, we would officially become the worst franchise in the league. And the entire rest of the league and its fans will be laughing their asses off at us as he goes on with his Hall of Fame career and we have Nick Foles.

Agree but I'd takes Foles 7 days a week and twice on Sunday if I had to if my choices not Wentz was 1/3 of the QBs in this league. I'd take him over both Winston and Mariotta. Keenum, Whoever the Jets and Bills have at QB, Dak, Cousins, Lamar Jackson/Old Flacco, Dalton/Driskell, Whoever the Jags want to throw out there, Rosen, Stafford and even Cam.