Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Deamon

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:59 AM, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Comparing Foles to Keenum should qualify as an automatic confiscation of your fan card. 

Jesus I get it, Wentz is our “chosen one” but my God the disrespect in here for what Foles has done the last two years just boggles my mind. 

You guys realize Foles wouldn’t be the first QB to improve with age and wisdom? You all keep citing his streakiness from years past. I usually look at this group as amongst the most knowledgeable here but I’m just shaking my head. Some of you are too “Football savy” for your own good and refuse to believe what your eyes are telling you. But whatever. I’m grateful for Foles last year and already the magic of this year. 

Who knows if Wentz will even have a full career with the way he keeps getting hurt. 

Anyway, happy holidays, I’m done arguing. Like Big Red said, Enjoy the win man!

Big Ben is always hurt, Vick was always hurt, Andrew Luck up until this year missed almost 2 full seasons. 

On 12/25/2018 at 2:14 PM, Deamon said:

Am really curious about how/when the team will see the score.  Do they check their cellphones at halftime?  Are they told in pregame to not worry about that other game at all?  Will they ask for the scoreboard staff to not put up that score so players can't see?  Will JUST the coach look maybe so he can adjust?

Usually the coaches get it from the box or someone. Sometimes they make a decision based on that but sometimes they'll just leave the starters in there if they are winning big by the 4th take most of the key players out

10 hours ago, dhockster said:

Just catching up on the conversation regarding Foles/Wentz going forward. Look, if Foles leads the Eagles to a second Super Bowl win, I don't really give a flip who is QB next year. We would have won back-to-back Super Bowls!!!

Just for fun I went back and looked at Foles record. If you throw out his rookie season when the team was a disaster, Foles is 22-7 as a starter for the Eagles. During that period he is 7-2 (regular season and playoffs) against teams that won 10 or more games. BDN in more ways than one.

So he's better then Kurt Cousins you are sayinging 

5 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

This is really feeling like a playoff weekend.  That’s all.

wife is a steelers fan so 4:00-8:00 is going to be quite a time for us both at the sports bar. hoping it all comes out right and then we relax and watch indy-tenn fight it out for the last spot.

• Like 2

All we can hope for is he niners keep it close enough with the Rams that the bears dont take their foot off the gas at halftime to rest players. Cousins isn't known for being a "clutch" qb and if the bears get a little lead, i think they play out the game to win. Oakland beating Pitt for example, shows that anything can happen in this league in any given week. Our game isn't a given, but in this hypothetical situation, we win that game. I cant see the bears dropping a lead to take a loss or just taking the loss because they would rather play the vikings, who i could also be a sneaky dangerous team that people wont want to see in the playoffs. 

32 minutes ago, Slider said:

I think the Vikings win. No way the Bears want us.

The Vikings may win but it won't be because the Bears are scared of us. Sorry that's just silly.

• Like 3

Is Foles a FA at the end of the year? Sorry for my ignorance, really don't follow the NFL that closely. Just wondering what the odds are he could end up with the Skins? They need a QB, to low in the draft to get one of the three good ones this year.

3 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Is Foles a FA at the end of the year? Sorry for my ignorance, really don't follow the NFL that closely. Just wondering what the odds are he could end up with the Skins? They need a QB, to low in the draft to get one of the three good ones this year.

Not a good year in the draft for a QB and the Giants need one badly too. 

ETA:  Foles is at the end of a one year contract with the option to add another year. He is expected to enter free agency.  

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Not a good year in the draft for a QB and the Giants need one badly too. 

ETA:  Foles is at the end of a one year contract with the option to add another year. He is expected to enter free agency.  

Thanks. Just found the Foles thread. They cover this in some pretty good depth.

10 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Foles has an option for $20m next year. So the team will have to release him or rework a deal to trade him. 

Skins are a possibility but they won't have a lot of money to spend since they owe Alex Smith $23m next year and will lose $16m in dead cap if they cut him. Other teams will have more money to spend. 

1 hour ago, Insein said:

The Vikings may win but it won't be because the Bears are scared of us. Sorry that's just silly.

The Eagles and Seahawks are the two hottest teams in football. I don't think anyone wants to play us. Sorry that's just facts.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Slider said:

The Eagles and Seahawks are the two hottest teams in football. I don't think anyone wants to play us. Sorry that's just facts.

If a professional football coach or player is scared of playing a team and tanks to avoid them, then they are in the wrong business.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slider said:

40 minutes ago, Insein said:

If a professional football coach or player is scared of playing a team and tanks to avoid them, then they are in the wrong business.

Scared shouldn’t be taken literally IMO, but I know what he means. Both teams seem very hot right now with QB’s playing at MVP levels. That’s what nightmares are made of in the playoffs 

3 hours ago, jerseys finest said:

All we can hope for is he niners keep it close enough with the Rams that the bears dont take their foot off the gas at halftime to rest players. Cousins isn't known for being a "clutch" qb and if the bears get a little lead, i think they play out the game to win. Oakland beating Pitt for example, shows that anything can happen in this league in any given week. Our game isn't a given, but in this hypothetical situation, we win that game. I cant see the bears dropping a lead to take a loss or just taking the loss because they would rather play the vikings, who i could also be a sneaky dangerous team that people wont want to see in the playoffs. 

Cousins with Minny is 1-5 vs Winning teams for his career he is 5-24 against .500 or better teams. 

• Like 2

Apparently Djax wants another shot in Philly.  Not sure we have the cap room, but if he takes a small deal then it might be good to have him stretch the field.

• Like 1

Don’t have the actual lines in front of me but I believe Vegas has the Vikings at +4 if they play the bears and us at +6 1/2. So they see the Vikings as a bigger threat. I know our team is red hot but I still don’t see how the bears would overwhelmingly prefer to play a division rival.

I also heard that Nagy said the Rams would have to have a SIGNIFICANT lead in the second half for him to pull starters.

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine

4 hours ago, Deamon said:

Apparently Djax wants another shot in Philly.  Not sure we have the cap room, but if he takes a small deal then it might be good to have him stretch the field.

Check out the article on what an ##### he was in TB the last 2 years going after a coach among other things, hard pass. 

8 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Curious on you or @Steady Mooobin confidence level if you play Seattle in the first round. They seem to be playing very well IMO. 

50/50 chance of winning imo

Seattle seems to have Dallas' number in recent years.

Dallas should be able to get pressure on Wilson early and often. If they can somehow contain him and keep him from getting first downs with his legs they can win 

What do you think?

9 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Curious on you or @Steady Mooobin confidence level if you play Seattle in the first round. They seem to be playing very well IMO. 

Seattle’s run game is what scares me. Hell, they already beat us earlier this season. 

Im confident that Demarcus Lawrence will get the defense pumped up and ready. He’s a great leader and the other guys really look up to him. 

No Earl Thomas is the difference maker and since he isn’t there to intercept Dak twice the Cowboys should win this one. 

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Dallas should be able to get pressure on Wilson early and often. If they can somehow contain him and keep him from getting first downs with his legs they can win 

What do you think?

It's all up to dak.......

3 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

What do you think?

Would be close, but I think 60/40 Seattle.  They're both fairly hot right now.  Curious what Vegas would have it at.  Might be a pickem.

5 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Don’t have the actual lines in front of me but I believe Vegas has the Vikings at +4 if they play the bears and us at +6 1/2. So they see the Vikings as a bigger threat. I know our team is red hot but I still don’t see how the bears would overwhelmingly prefer to play a division rival.

I also heard that Nagy said the Rams would have to have a SIGNIFICANT lead in the second half for him to pull starters.

Where do you find the vegas lines for potential wc games?

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Where do you find the vegas lines for potential wc games?

I don’t know. This was mentioned on the radio. I think during Ray’s appearance on 94.1

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine

14 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Is that right?

I don't know what the definition is, but SEA has won 5 of 6 and Eagles 4 of 5.

CLE has won 5 of 6 and INDY has won 8 of 9, so they may have the crown.  TENN has longest current win streak at 4.

3 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I don't know what the definition is, but SEA has won 5 of 6 and Eagles 4 of 5.

CLE has won 5 of 6 and INDY has won 8 of 9, so they may have the crown.  TENN has longest current win streak at 4.

And not that it really matters, but we haven't lost to a non-div-leader in 9 weeks.

8 minutes ago, Deamon said:

And not that it really matters, but we haven't lost to a non-div-leader in 9 weeks.

Funny how this thread was empty. Posters we're literally typing "see you at the draft" 

Win a few games and now they're the best thing since sliced bread

Fun to watch , that's all 

8 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Funny how this thread was empty. Posters we're literally typing "see you at the draft" 

Other than the Saints game, eagles have been pretty much the same team all year. While last year, they were getting the bounces and winning the close games, this year, they were losing them.  Eagles are four plays away from being 12-3.  They are suddenly playing with confidence and have some of last year's swagger. Also, there are 32 teams whose fans would be more quiet at 5-7 then they are at 8-7 and a shot at the playoffs. Look at the difference in your team thread before the Amari Cooper thread and since. 

16 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

This thread was empty?  Haha.  This thread is never empty, it's almost 100 pages deep. 

And the best thing since sliced bread?  Where have you seen anyone post anything like that?  Every post in here is saying this season was a mess and we're just grateful and hoping to be in a wildcard game.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Deamon said:

This thread was empty?  Haha.  This thread is never empty, it's almost 100 pages deep. 

And the best thing since sliced bread?  Where have you seen anyone post anything like that?  Every post in here is saying this season was a mess and we're just grateful and hoping to be in a wildcard game.  

If Eagles are playing badly, just the Cowboys fans trolling is enough to keep this thread busy. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Deamon said:

15 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

If Eagles are playing badly, just the Cowboys fans trolling is enough to keep this thread busy. 

If you guys want to pretend that eagles fans weren't throwing in the towel in this thread it's fine

Anyone that can read knows you're full of #### :lol:

2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

If you guys want to pretend that eagles fans weren't throwing in the towel in this thread it's fine

If you want to pretend that cowboy fans weren't throwing in the towel before the Cooper trade, it's fine. 

Anyone that can read knows you're full of ####😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Is it unreasonable to continue to cheer for your team to win, but accept the fact that you're season may be over? Y'all are used to that, we just need advice. (I kid, but you cant lob a pitch like that and expect it not to get hit out of the park 😂

At that point in our season(5-7), with the way we were playing and our record, it pointed more to looking like the playoffs would be a longshot at best, if even achievable. After just coming off of a superbowl win, I think the fanbase was disappointed in this season, but ok with it. Give wentz a full offseason (acl injuries usually take 2 years to fully come back) and lets have our team that was ravaged with injuries(no denying that), get healthy for next year. This late season charge is amazing and the surprising chance at a playoff berth over the last few weeks is enough to get the fans excited about this season again. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

If you want to pretend that cowboy fans weren't throwing in the towel before the Cooper trade, it's fine. 

Hardly anyone posts in that thread whether they're winning or losing. 

You and a few others bringing up Dallas when they aren't a topic of conversation is predictable and stale.  Try to bring some new material next season 

3 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Hardly anyone posts in that thread whether they're winning or losing. 

You and a few others bringing up Dallas when they aren't a topic of conversation is predictable and stale.  Try to bring some new material next season 

Win a few playoff games for once and maybe I'll need new material.  2 playoff wins in 23 years allows me to continue with the same old material. Bwahaha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

What do you call "throwing in the towel"?  Stop cheering for them, following them, and posting about them?  If so, you're 100% wrong about Philly fans.  If you mean pretty much giving up on our playoff hopes?  Sure, I'll admit to being guilty of that.  I did not think we could beat the Rams, nor did I think 9 wins could get us into the playoffs.  Really not sure what you're getting at there, but if you get some glory by us admitting we figured our playoff chances were dead when we were 5-7, then yes Cowboysfan, I figured our playoff chances were over.  Now they have a slim chance at playoffs, but not much of a chance to go deep.  No one in here is saying we're great.

3 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Thank you for caring.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

Win a few playoff games for once and maybe I'll need new material.  2 playoff wins in 23 years allows me to continue with the same old material. Bwahaha

The Cowboys have the second most playoff wins ALL-TIME, 1 behind the Patriots with 34. 

The Eagles have 19. Considering you’ve been in the league longer than us maybe you should’ve won a few more? 

While I have your ear/eyes..... I read your Aaron Rodgers comment on Wentz. That was awesome. Pass that #### over here.

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

8 hours ago, Deamon said:

Typical claims by a jealous fan of another team throwing hyperbole at the problem. It's no different then Trump throwing out lies to his base that they continuously eat up. I think it's funny how desperate this guy is to try and give the posters in here a bad rep. He's very obsessed with us but I guess that's what happens when we finally win one. He can't use the "no rings" comment so this is the new go to line. I see a few on other social media sites from Eagles fans making those claims but no where near the number of Comments I've seen from Dal fans on being a the best thing since sliced bread type post on other sites more so then Eagles fans. Especially after they got Cooper. 

I don't know why you haven't put that clown on Ignore yet. I did months ago. 

Edited by DJackson10

The obsession this guy has with us is funny. Dude needs a life. Get a GF or BF or whatever floats your boat. Pick up a new hobby. This obsession with us is borderline unhealthy 

I almost feel bad for them. Those Casette tapes with the last Dal Super Bowl are all breaking apart now. Josh Adams and Baker Mayfield and Kyle Vanden Bosh weren't even alive the last time they won the big game either. It's pretty pathetic how the fans think their team is so relevant and then they wonder why their fanbase is so hated? America's team my ### 

2 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

The Cowboys have the second most playoff wins ALL-TIME, 1 behind the Patriots with 34. 

The Eagles have 19. Considering you’ve been in the league longer than us maybe you should’ve won a few more? 

While I have your ear/eyes..... I read your Aaron Rodgers comment on Wentz. That was awesome. Pass that #### over here.

I know. Dallas used to be great. We all know. Yawn.  They have 2 playoff wins in the last 23 years. Philly has 14 in that time period. But keep shouting about how good your team was a quarter century ago. Lol

15 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Check out the article on what an ##### he was in TB the last 2 years going after a coach among other things, hard pass. 

I won't try to defend the guys behavior but theres a lot of guys in this league and others that do this. Lets not forget that the Sixers had one of the biggest offenders in AI and he was a piece of garbage to fans as well when he was in Philly yet people act like he's a god. I get he put up the numbers but people need to be a little more consistent when they go after players for this and not others. Your production shouldn't matter how you are treated.