Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Deamon

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone.

Just now, JuniorNB said:

I know. Dallas used to be great. We all know. Yawn.  They have 2 playoff wins in the last 23 years. Philly has 14 in that time period. But keep shouting about how good your team was a quarter century ago. Lol

How many Cowboy fans does it take to change a light bulb? Non because they just will tell you how great the one that burnt out was. 

1 minute ago, JuniorNB said:

I know. Dallas used to be great. We all know. Yawn.  They have 2 playoff wins in the last 23 years. Philly has 14 in that time period. But keep shouting about how good your team was a quarter century ago. Lol

I don’t bring it up all the time, you do.

I get that we’re only allowed to talk about the time since the Cowboys stopped winning Super Bowls. That also happens to be the only time your team has had any modicum of success but that’s ok.

Im comfortable with where the Cowboys are headed and since you have “the two best quarterbacks in the east” I’m sure you’re good too. 

Maybe we’ll meet again in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

How many Cowboy fans does it take to change a light bulb? Non because they just will tell you how great the one that burnt out was. 

And the drummer goes..... Badum crash.

🎙"He'll be here all night, try the veal."

• Like 1

If the Eagles make the playoffs.

I hope to God we play the Cowboys in the NFC Championship game.

No way the boys beat us 3 times in one season.

I'd love for an Eagles vs Chiefs Superbowl.

16 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

50/50 chance of winning imo

Seattle seems to have Dallas' number in recent years.

Dallas should be able to get pressure on Wilson early and often. If they can somehow contain him and keep him from getting first downs with his legs they can win 

What do you think?

Have a lot more faith in WIlson then in Dak. Cowboys a very inconsistent team...they look great one week and terrible the next. On neutral ground I'd take Seattle. Gun to my head I take Dallas. WOuldn't bet a dime straight up on either.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, jon007 said:

That would be great.  Unfortunately that's near impossible.  Already we likely don't make playoffs, and even as good as we're playing, we don't beat the Bears/Saints on the road.  I'll just be happy and satisfied if we make the playoffs.  Never would have expected that at all a few weeks ago.  Playing with house money now.

9 hours ago, Deamon said:

That would be great.  Unfortunately that's near impossible.  Already we likely don't make playoffs, and even as good as we're playing, we don't beat the Bears/Saints on the road.  I'll just be happy and satisfied if we make the playoffs.  Never would have expected that at all a few weeks ago.  Playing with house money now.

We can beat the Bears on the road. Will be tough but I trust Doug enough to game plan around the Bears defense enough to outscore Tribuisky. Saints in the Dome. No chance. All we could do is make it more respectable this time.

Edited by Insein
  • Like 2

It’ll be a treat to watch Seattle demolish the cowboys. You know it’s coming fellas. You have no chance in the playoffs against the Wilson and Carrol combo that has had more post season success than your current boys have had pieces of ###.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

The Cowboys have the second most playoff wins ALL-TIME, 1 behind the Patriots with 34. 

The Eagles have 19. Considering you’ve been in the league longer than us maybe you should’ve won a few more? 

While I have your ear/eyes..... I read your Aaron Rodgers comment on Wentz. That was awesome. Pass that #### over here.

Too bad none of those came since you were out of diapers. Maybe you can get one this year you will actually remember. Let’s be realistic, probably not more than one so embrace that 60 minutes.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

It’s so pathetic, I love it. :lmao:

• Like 1

Seriously guys, I read 20 posts this morning in here, and 16 of them were complaining about a Dallas fan posting in here. The board has an ignore function, it's pretty easy to use. You should really consider it. It would improve the utility and enjoyability of your thread about 537.7%.

• Like 1

Hitting a bar for the game, everyone’s head is gonna be on a swivel jumping between games.  It would be a real kick in the nuts if we smoke wash but minny takes care of business.  

1 minute ago, unckeyherb said:

Hitting a bar for the game, everyone’s head is gonna be on a swivel jumping between games.  It would be a real kick in the nuts if we smoke wash but minny takes care of business.  

There’s a significant chance that happens, hopenim wrong. Have fun, drink one for me. :banned:

8 hours ago, renesauz said:

Have a lot more faith in WIlson then in Dak. Cowboys a very inconsistent team...they look great one week and terrible the next. 

Didn't Seattle just lose to the 9ers?

10 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Typical claims by a jealous fan of another team throwing hyperbole at the problem. It's no different then Trump throwing out lies to his base that they continuously eat up. I think it's funny how desperate this guy is to try and give the posters in here a bad rep. He's very obsessed with us but I guess that's what happens when we finally win one. He can't use the "no rings" comment so this is the new go to line. I see a few on other social media sites from Eagles fans making those claims but no where near the number of Comments I've seen from Dal fans on being a the best thing since sliced bread type post on other sites more so then Eagles fans. Especially after they got Cooper. 

I don't know why you haven't put that clown on Ignore yet. I did months ago. 

Most of the back and forth between Cowboys and Eagles fans on this board is just crap talk between rivals fans. It's really not a big deal. It's enjoyable, passes the time.

Except with you. You're the guy who complains that people are obsessed with you. 

You're the guy who whines in a game thread when a Cowboys fan posts in it. Claims they're trolling you if they post a comment about a game when Philly is losing.

I can almost see your real tears when you post things like that. Sad!

Then you post about other sites that noone cares about. Your sisters cousins coworkers friend said so and so did whatever lol

Noone is envious of your team

You caught lightning in a bottle, got all the bounces, the stars aligned and you won a SB. Good for you

That's over now. Welcome back to reality

1 hour ago, DallasDMac said:

Seriously guys, I read 20 posts this morning in here, and 16 of them were complaining about a Dallas fan posting in here. The board has an ignore function, it's pretty easy to use. You should really consider it. It would improve the utility and enjoyability of your thread about 537.7%.

Ignore?  Lol. Pathetic Dallas fans (you included) can't help but to try to troll the Eagles team thread. They are so pissed off we are the world champions right now but they just have to get it out of their system. Inevitably, it gets to them reminding us that they used to be a good team a quarter-century ago. Of course, nobody is impressed about a team that used to be relevant when talking to the current world champions. It would be like Rome going around telling the world how powerful they used to be. Funny, but sad.  Why would anyone want to put that on ignore? It's one of the funniest things currently going on the internet.

Edited by JuniorNB
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

That's over now. Welcome back to reality

Holy crap. Telling fans of a team who are the CURRENT world champs that it's 'over now', when it's been 'over' for your team since 1994 is pure gold!  Possibly the funniest post in Shark Pool history.  Bravo.  😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Ignore?  Lol. Pathetic Dallas fans (you included) can't help but to try to troll the Eagles team thread. They are so pissed off we are the world champions right now but they just have to get it out of their system. Inevitably, it gets to them reminding us that they used to be a good team a quarter-century ago. Of course, nobody is impressed about a team that used to be relevant when talking to the current world champions. It would be like Rome going around telling the world how powerful they used to be. Funny, but sad.  Why would anyone want to put that on the newer? It's one of the funniest things currently going on the internet.

Noone here talks about how good Dallas is or used to be. You have quite the imagination 

1 hour ago, JuniorNB said:

Ignore?  Lol. Pathetic Dallas fans (you included) can't help but to try to troll the Eagles team thread.

:eek:

You know what they say about when you assume things. I am just about the furthest things from a Dallas fan that there is.

Edit: And I guess I'll edit to add, where have I trolled ANYONE in this thread? I'll hang up and listen...

Edited by DallasDMac

11 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

You know what they say about when you assume things. I am just about the furthest things from a Dallas fan that there is.

Edit: And I guess I'll edit to add, where have I trolled ANYONE in this thread? I'll hang up and listen...

Whether you yourself are a Dallas fan or not it's irrelevant.you chose Dallas as a screen name. my point remains the same. I would never put them on ignore. They make my day when they can't stay out of the Eagles team thread.  

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Didn't Seattle just lose to the 9ers?

Didn't  they just beat KC? Seattle will straight walk into your house next weekend and beat that ###.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Yea you're a Skins fan right?

11 hours ago, jon007 said:

Biggest dream is Eagles/Steelers SB. Just imagine all the butthurt?

2 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

It' also helps if the trolls aren't condescending Douchbags. Sorry that your team hasn't been relevant for 22 of my 30 yrs on earth and most of that Relevancy was from the time I was born till when I got Middle School

1 hour ago, JuniorNB said:

Holy crap. Telling fans of a team who are the CURRENT world champs that it's 'over now', when it's been 'over' for your team since 1994 is pure gold!  Possibly the funniest post in Shark Pool history.  Bravo.  😂

There's no way this poster is an adult. Please tell me its some 13 yr old trying to "impress" his buddies for ####s and giggles

32 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

Right after the last Dallas win. You were one of the First clowns to come in here. And if I'm wrong sorry and theres a posters with a similar SN. 

5 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

It' also helps if the trolls aren't condescending Douchbags. Sorry that your team hasn't been relevant for 22 of my 30 yrs on earth and most of that Relevancy was from the time I was born till when I got Middle School

Calling someone a condescending ######## and then acting like a condescending ######## in the same post is classic DJackson10

:lmao:

18 minutes ago, seahawk 17 said:

Didn't  they just beat KC? Seattle will straight walk into your house next weekend and beat that ###.

My post was in response to the poster that said the Seahawks were more consistent lol

But you keep being you

26 minutes ago, seahawk 17 said:

This. :goodposting:

And it’s going to be hilarious. 

28 minutes ago, seahawk 17 said:

I hate Seattle but nothing would make me more happy then seeing Sea show Dallas and their fans just how pedestrian Prescott is. 

A buddy of mine started a discussion in a Facebook group regarding an imaginary trade. 

Giants get: Wentz and Eagles 2019 first round pick. 

Eagles get: Barkley, the Giants 1st rounder in 2019 and 2020.  

Which team turns it down?

11 hours ago, Deamon said:

I think we could beat the bears.  I don't think we are going to make the playoffs though.  And we don't deserve to.  Too many bad loses

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

A buddy of mine started a discussion in a Facebook group regarding an imaginary trade. 

Both.

I don't think either team would want that to be honest.  A rare lose-lose.

That leaves Philly with Foles long term (he's a little old) and no QB worth taking top 5 this year.  So we have a stud RB and Foles, and a 2020 1st.  We finally found our franchise QB, can't mess around with that.  It would make us better maybe for 1 year but we'd regret that trade in a couple years.

Giants get Wentz to build around, but lose their super stud RB, and also 2 picks which they desperately need (mainly to build that Oline).  They're in a good position with high picks to rebuild the line, great RB, and high picks to get a future franchise QB.

It's pretty fair from a value point of view though, but don't think either team would agree in real life.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I hate Seattle but nothing would make me more happy then seeing Sea show Dallas and their fans just how pedestrian Prescott is. 

I think Dallas has a shot against Seattle on the road.  In seattle, no chance.  But they will be rested, motivated, and at home.  Spread is going to be under 3 either way, so it could come down to a random turnover.

19 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Eagles every time.

1 hour ago, jasvic said:

Hate to interrupt the nonsense bickering, but here's a great recap of the 2008 final week where everything was coming up Eagles.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/44-6-10-years-later

That year was also thought to be lost until they went on a tear at the end and squeaked in with unlikely victories. Then we went to the NFC championship game and lost to Arizona.

22 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

Eagles. You can find a RB that fits your system and make them look great. Look at Sea's system. Look at KC's offense. Ware and Williams prove you don't need Kareem Hunt. You just need a system that plays to their strengths. Wentz and his position have a higher shelf (Career) life then RB's do who tend to be in their primes in their early to mid 20s. Once they get to that 28-29 range they start to decline. QB is such an important position in the NFL today as we've seen. You aren't winning anymore with great Defense and Bortles/Dilfer at QB these days in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, jasvic said:

Hate to interrupt the nonsense bickering, but here's a great recap of the 2008 final week where everything was coming up Eagles.

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/44-6-10-years-later

I remember that game like Yesterday Such a poetic win Romo was serving up Gifts to the Eagles D. 

6 minutes ago, Insein said:

That year was also thought to be lost until they went on a tear at the end and squeaked in with unlikely victories. Then we went to the NFC championship game and lost to Arizona.

That was I believe Jim Johnson's last game ever if I'm correct. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I remember that game like Yesterday Such a poetic win Romo was serving up Gifts to the Eagles D. 

I was at that game-bought tickets for my wife for her bday.  One of the best I ever attended.  Game was out of hand by the time we got beers and got to our seats.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Right after the last Dallas win. You were one of the First clowns to come in here. And if I'm wrong sorry and theres a posters with a similar SN. 

You are wrong. As was your posting compatriot. I posted twice in here recently, once asking if Foles was an FA, and once trying to offer advice on how to make your thread readable. I got two responses full of doohbaggery, both totally off base, one of which even doubles down on the "wrongness" by not admitting they simply anally extracted facts out of thin air, in response. But please, continue to attack people on a whim and enjoy all the trolling you get. It seems to be well deserved.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DallasDMac said:

You are wrong. As was your posting compatriot. I posted twice in here recently, once asking if Foles was an FA, and once trying to offer advice on how to make your thread readable. I got two responses full of doohbaggery, both totally off base, one of which even doubles down on the "wrongness" by not admitting they simply anally extracted facts out of thin air, in response. But please, continue to attack people on a whim and enjoy all the trolling you get. It seems to be well deserved.

You’ve gotta put that dude on ignore. 

Not much to watch or cheer for that matters this morning.  I guess we cheer for the Giants so they get a worse draft spot? 

5 hours ago, GoBirds said:

There’s a significant chance that happens, hopenim wrong. Have fun, drink one for me. :banned:

Have a feeling I’ll be drinking more than enough for everyone on this bored.

2 hours ago, seahawk 17 said:

I have a strong hunch Vegas will disagree with you on this one.    :shrug: 

8 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

I have a strong hunch Vegas will disagree with you on this one.    :shrug: 

It'll be close for sure.  Probably will be the game with the closest vegas line.

19 minutes ago, Deamon said:

It'll be close for sure.  Probably will be the game with the closest vegas line.

My guess - Dallas will be favored by 3