Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Deamon

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone.

Just now, DJackson10 said:

Any predictions for Black Monday for Coaches? 

Already a lot.  Tampa just fired theirs.  Jets, Broncos, etc. will be coming Monday.  Not a good year to be looking for a coach or a qb.  Sorry Denver.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Not a good year to be looking for a qb. 

Hence why the best on the market will command a premium.

The Eagles should take the $20mm option and trade him.

• Like 1

Just now, fantasycurse42 said:

I think 20 is already kind of the high end of what teams will pay for Nick.  To have to give up a worthwhile pick too doesn't seem to make much sense.  I think they'll grant him FA and let him pick his team.

1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I'm sure Howie is looking for a way to do just that.

Just now, Deamon said:

I think 20 is already kind of the high end of what teams will pay for Nick.  To have to give up a worthwhile pick too doesn't seem to make much sense.  I think they'll grant him FA and let him pick his team.

Isn’t it only 1/20 left?

I’d think that’s a good price to pay.

Isn’t it only 1/20 left?

I’d think that’s a good price to pay.

Not sure that's good for Nick though.  Feel like they'd do good to him and let him pick his team and find a longer term contract if he wants that.

Any word on Foles injury? Haven't checked all the posts yet.

Just now, Insein said:

Any word on Foles injury? Haven't checked all the posts yet.

Ribs.  Likely just bruised.

Not sure that's good for Nick though.  Feel like they'd do good to him and let him pick his team and find a longer term contract if he wants that.

This is a business, and however nice you think everyone plays, behind closed doors, everyone is just a number.

Edited by fantasycurse42
  • Like 1

Love watching these highlights of Cousins and his WRs #####ing to one another

8 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

This is a business, and however nice you think everyone plays, behind closed doors, everyone is just a number.

You don't understand the makeup of this Eagles team. Plus, you don't understand what Foles means to the city and the organization after leading us to our first ring last year.  The front office won't treat it as 'just a business'

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JuniorNB said:

You don't understand the makeup of this Eagles team. Plus, you don't understand what Foles means to the city and the organization after leading us to our first ring last year.  The front office won't treat it as 'just a business'

:goodposting:

This.  This situation is different.  Andy did the same thing with Donovan and let him be a part of the process of where he was headed. 

Howie will probably do whatever Nick wants here.  If it was going to fetch us a first or 2nd rounder, sure.  But a team that's getting him for the high end price they'd pay for him as a FA, will likely give up a later pick. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

he did? must have been the 33%, I thought that was a given.

Saw something earlier that said he only had to take 62 snaps or something like that. 

28 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Those are the two biggest time slots and I’m sure those will be the two games for those marquee time slots since they would have the biggest ratings.  Phi-chi is always a ratings bonanza and i think that nbc will pick that.

NBC apparently gets the Sunday early game.

6 minutes ago, need2know said:

I think this bears game is gonna be tough but very winnable.  Just first thoughts.

D is tough but young QB in first playoff game. Definitely winnable. 

• Like 1

:goodposting:

This.  This situation is different.  Andy did the same thing with Donovan and let him be a part of the process of where he was headed. 

Howie will probably do whatever Nick wants here.  If it was going to fetch us a first or 2nd rounder, sure.  But a team that's getting him for the high end price they'd pay for him as a FA, will likely give up a later pick. 

Also keep in mind it'd to be Foles benefit to work with the team.  He loses 2 million if he exercises his out.

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Saw something earlier that said he only had to take 62 snaps or something like that. 

He needed 361 of 1092. He got 357. 4 snaps short. 😳

Well, whatever happens, $9mm for a backup QB was clearly the shark move.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Slider said:

Brutal.  This one of those situations they give it to him?

9 minutes ago, Slider said:

They better give it to him anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Deamon said:

NBC apparently gets the Sunday early game.

interesting.  thought NBC usually has both Saturday games.  this claims that saturday late and sunday late are both NFC though.http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-playoff-schedule-dates-times-tv-channels-for-every-2019-postseason-game/ennbl3v3x3e1rs0krwo131te

Just now, GoBirds said:

They better give it to him anyway. 

While I disagree with the majority about what will happen after the season, I do think they’ll give him this money.

1 minute ago, Long Ball Larry said:

interesting.  thought NBC usually has both Saturday games.  this claims that saturday late and sunday late are both NFC though.http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-playoff-schedule-dates-times-tv-channels-for-every-2019-postseason-game/ennbl3v3x3e1rs0krwo131te

Ya, seeing lots of conflicting reports on twitter.  Just sent a text out to my friend so should find out soon hopefully.

If he's gone there's no way they give it to him. They'll help him with where he goes but they're not handing out millions.

1 minute ago, Slider said:

If he's gone there's no way they give it to him. They'll help him with where he goes but they're not handing out millions.

This is thinking I just don’t comprehend.

A million or two dollars to a multi-billion dollar franchise is nothing, and they won’t give him that, but they’ll instead put his future above the future benefit of the team... Help me out, why would that happen? The money is insignificant to them, the future of the franchise is.

• Like 1

A million or two dollars to a multi-billion dollar franchise is nothing, and they won’t give him that, but they’ll instead put his future above the future benefit of the team... Help me out, why would that happen? The money is insignificant to them, the future of the franchise is.

It’s a no brainer, a million for the QB that brought you the Lombardi. Cut the check, he was within a few snaps of earning it anyway. 

What type of a pick do you think they'd get back? 

Jets fire former Eagles DC Ted Bowles

Wonder if the game comes down to the last seconds and the Bears need a 40+ yarder to tie or win from Cody Parkey.

Just now, Deamon said:

What type of a pick do you think they'd get back? 

If a team thinks they’re a QB away from being a contender, getting a guy they think they can win with now, on a one year deal? 

IDK, but I’d think a decent price. Great time to be a QB this offseason, there isn’t much else out there.

Jets fire former Eagles DC Ted Bowles

Is he related to Todd?

• Like 2

Full Malcolm Jenkins quote during postgame speech: “We ain’t sneaking in, we’re kicking the mother--- door down. We’re in this party. Nobody wanted us in, but guess what, they’ve got to deal with us now, man.”

• Like 1

I read his contract earlier too, I believe he also has the option to void, is that correct?

1 minute ago, Insein said:

Is he related to Todd?

:wall: Stupid auto correct. 

2 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I read his contract earlier too, I believe he also has the option to void, is that correct?

Yes but I think he loses money if he does

Yes but I think he loses money if he does

$2mm

If a team thinks they’re a QB away from being a contender, getting a guy they think they can win with now, on a one year deal? 

IDK, but I’d think a decent price. Great time to be a QB this offseason, there isn’t much else out there.

What's a decent price? 

I think that's a big thing to consider.  I can't possibly see a team trading a 2nd or high 3rd rounder for him at that price.  They can likely just wait it out and get him for that price without giving up a pick.

I also can't think there's any teams that are a QB away from being a contender. 

1 minute ago, Deamon said:

What's a decent price? 

I think that's a big thing to consider.  I can't possibly see a team trading a 2nd or high 3rd rounder for him at that price.  They can likely just wait it out and get him for that price without giving up a pick.

I also can't think there's any teams that are a QB away from being a contender. 

A 3rd pick to bring in a guy who might be your future on a one year trial? Idk, seems like a good deal to me.

Just now, Deamon said:

Ravens game CONFIRMED Sunday morning.

Please give us Sunday afternoon!!!!

Not a chance. That's Dallas v Seattle for sure.

Sagarin has the Bears with the weakest schedule in the NFL.  Will probably go up slightly after their game against the Vikings.  But who did they really beat this year?  Seahawks when they were struggling and cold weather Goff?

• Like 1