Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Deamon

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Insein said:

Not a chance. That's Dallas v Seattle for sure.

Rumours picking up that we play Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tjnc09 said:

Sagarin has the Bears with the weakest schedule in the NFL.  Will probably go up slightly after their game against the Vikings.  But who did they really beat this year?  Seahawks when they were struggling and cold weather Goff?

Defense is still legit. Not going to be an easy game at all. This will be a tough one. I'd imagine a bears line of -6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deamon said:

YES!  We play Sunday!

I am shocked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Insein said:

I am shocked. 

Ya, Saturday would have made the most sense for us for sure.  But I'm quite happy about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicago writer (Central time)

@adamjahns: The #Bears will host the Eagles at 3:40 pm at Soldier Field on Sunday, per source.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Insein said:

Defense is still legit. Not going to be an easy game at all. This will be a tough one. I'd imagine a bears line of -6.

I said the same thing about the Jaguars last year and look how they regressed.  I'm not sold on how "legit" their defense is playing a bunch of bad teams.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tjnc09 said:

I said the same thing about the Jaguars last year and look how they regressed.  I'm not sold on how "legit" their defense is playing a bunch of bad teams.

 

 

Yea well I'm not worried about the 2019 Bears. This Bears team right now is playing great defense. Just like last year's Jags defense was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday:
#Colts @ #Texans - 4:30 EST on ESPN
#Seahawks @ #Cowboys - 8:00 EST on NBC

Sunday:
#Chargers @ #Ravens - 1:05 EST on CBS
#Eagles @ #Bears - 4:25 EST on FOX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people surprised that the Eagles game is Sunday afternoon and the Cowboys are Saturday night?  I would think both of those games are huge draws and just about equal in terms of ratings.  4 teams who are in strong NFL markets.  I think they could have been interchangeable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Insein said:

Yea well I'm not worried about the 2019 Bears. This Bears team right now is playing great defense. Just like last year's Jags defense was. 

Maybe you shouldn't be worried about the 2018 Bears 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tjnc09 said:

Maybe you shouldn't be worried about the 2018 Bears 🤷‍♂️

I will be until we beat them on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Saturday:
#Colts @ #Texans - 4:30 EST on ESPN
#Seahawks @ #Cowboys - 8:00 EST on NBC

Sunday:
#Chargers @ #Ravens - 1:05 EST on CBS
#Eagles @ #Bears - 4:25 EST on FOX

I assume that's meant to say Colts or Titans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Why are people surprised that the Eagles game is Sunday afternoon and the Cowboys are Saturday night?  I would think both of those games are huge draws and just about equal in terms of ratings.  4 teams who are in strong NFL markets.  I think they could have been interchangeable 

Just because Dallas and Seattle always play in that Sunday afternoon time slot.  Would make sense to keep them in the same spot.

Sat night NBC game you'd think would be the biggest markets.  Chicago/Philly are MASSIVE markets.

So happy it's the other way around though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Insein said:

I assume that's meant to say Colts or Titans.

ya just copy/pasted it.  Someone is assuming Indy wins.... not a bad assumption.

EDT:  Maybe it is :P

Edited by Deamon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Just because Dallas and Seattle always play in that Sunday afternoon time slot.  Would make sense to keep them in the same spot.

Sat night NBC game you'd think would be the biggest markets.  Chicago/Philly are MASSIVE markets.

So happy it's the other way around though. 

Out of curiosity, why are so happy that they're not playing Saturday night?  I love Saturday night playoff games.   Way more than the Sunday games.  You can drink without repercussion 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fred_1_15301 said:

Out of curiosity, why are so happy that they're not playing Saturday night?  I love Saturday night playoff games.   Way more than the Sunday games.  You can drink without repercussion 

Working Saturday evening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fred_1_15301 said:

Out of curiosity, why are so happy that they're not playing Saturday night?  I love Saturday night playoff games.   Way more than the Sunday games.  You can drink without repercussion 

I'm guessing they like the extra day of rest for Foles to get healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

I'm guessing they like the extra day of rest for Foles to get healthy.

That too lol

And maybe slightly quieter Bears fans?

But mainly being off work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just put down $10 on the Eagles to win $250.  All they have to do is make the SuperBowl.  That seems like a pretty decent bet to me.    :oldunsure: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fred_1_15301 said:

Just put down $10 on the Eagles to win $250.  All they have to do is make the SuperBowl.  That seems like a pretty decent bet to me.    :oldunsure: 

Idk if any team in the NFL could go into NO and win this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chicago -6 makes me believe books are inviting the squares to take Chicago.  Who doesn't believe the Eagles struggled to make the playoffs, lost Wentz and Chicago's "defense is amazing"?  If Chicago was going to truly dominate, they would make them -7.5 and invite sharps to get that key number 7.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Just put down $10 on the Eagles to win $250.  All they have to do is make the SuperBowl.  That seems like a pretty decent bet to me.    :oldunsure: 

It's always better to roll moneyline winnings than bet futures.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tjnc09 said:

It's always better to roll moneyline winnings than bet futures.  

I'll be doing that as well.   :shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Idk if any team in the NFL could go into NO and win this year.

Maybe not but they've shown some flaws of late.  Even my Steelers went into New Orleans last week and virtually beat them.  I understand playoffs are a different beast but they are definitely beatable.  I would throw the previous matchup out the window.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Maybe not but they've shown some flaws of late.  Even my Steelers went into New Orleans last week and virtually beat them.  I understand playoffs are a different beast but they are definitely beatable.  I would throw the previous matchup out the window.  

That out looks just as hard as Seattle did to me a few years back. I’d like to see it happen, but idk if anyone will be able to go in there and keep up with Brees when it is all on the line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Maybe not but they've shown some flaws of late.  Even my Steelers went into New Orleans last week and virtually beat them.  I understand playoffs are a different beast but they are definitely beatable.  I would throw the previous matchup out the window.  

What flaws?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

What flaws?

I think their defense can be exploited against a good offense (which the Eagles seem to have with Foles at the helm).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

That out looks just as hard as Seattle did to me a few years back. I’d like to see it happen, but idk if anyone will be able to go in there and keep up with Brees when it is all on the line.

By no means would I be expecting the Eagles (or anyone) to beat the Saints in New Orleans.  Just saying that they have flaws (primarily on the defensive side).  If the Saints don't score early, that puts pressure on their defense (which isn't great).  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fred_1_15301 said:

By no means would I be expecting the Eagles (or anyone) to beat the Saints in New Orleans.  Just saying that they have flaws (primarily on the defensive side).  If the Saints don't score early, that puts pressure on their defense (which isn't great).  

Eli Apple is so bad! 

Outside of that, they look stout enough playing with that offense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

By no means would I be expecting the Eagles (or anyone) to beat the Saints in New Orleans.  Just saying that they have flaws (primarily on the defensive side).  If the Saints don't score early, that puts pressure on their defense (which isn't great).  

I'd say if anything, their D has looked significantly better as of late.  First half of the season they averaged 27.25 Points Allowed.  2nd half of the season (Not counting the last game when they rested their starters), they allowed 14.5 Points per game. 

Their D has been surprisingly good as of late.  Only Pitt has put up more than 17 on them since November 4th.  Pretty incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

What flaws?

Their too-smart-for-his-own-good head coach for one. Sometimes I think Peyton so badly wants to prove he’s the smartest guy in the room he can shoot himself in the foot. Like that crazy jet sweep play with the punt returner a few weeks ago. The Saints sure seem the favorite but every killer team in the playoffs is beatable. None of them remind me of the ‘07 Patriots. Oh wait....😉

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the birds can win this game 17-13. Tough defenses both sides. The X factor is how well the kid for Chicago handles the big stage. We know our guy can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deamon said:

I'd say if anything, their D has looked significantly better as of late.  First half of the season they averaged 27.25 Points Allowed.  2nd half of the season (Not counting the last game when they rested their starters), they allowed 14.5 Points per game. 

Their D has been surprisingly good as of late.  Only Pitt has put up more than 17 on them since November 4th.  Pretty incredible.

This is true.  Although I'm not impressed with the opponents that they've played of late.  You never know what you're going to get with Atlanta.  Carolina was playing with an injured Cam.  Tampa is generally a turnover machine.  Cincy stinks.  Dallas relies on their defense to win games.  

The overall body of work indicates to me that they're an above average (but not great) defense.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And BTW, with all of my posts re: Saints, by no means am I looking past the Bears.  I would be mildly surprised if the Eagles even beat the Bears.  My $10 bet (admittedly a sucker bet) is just hoping they catch lighting in a bottle again.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching BDN carry this team to the playoffs. I'm sure it's the birthday gift Carson has been hoping for all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

This is true.  Although I'm not impressed with the opponents that they've played of late.  You never know what you're going to get with Atlanta.  Carolina was playing with an injured Cam.  Tampa is generally a turnover machine.  Cincy stinks.  Dallas relies on their defense to win games.  

The overall body of work indicates to me that they're an above average (but not great) defense.  

Defense has been top 10 DVOA.  Even if you think their defense isn't great, you still have to outscore that offense at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

I think the birds can win this game 17-13. Tough defenses both sides. The X factor is how well the kid for Chicago handles the big stage. We know our guy can. 

all i know is there will be shovel passes galore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to Frank Reich. Really stabilized the Colts. We were lucky to catch them when we did.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my earliest memories as a sports fan is watching the fog bowl with my dad and wondering WTH it is that I am seeing. It was certainly a surreal experience. I was 7 years old and had just started watching football for real that year. To see the Eagles end it like that was bizarre.

Going to Chicago for the playoffs will always bring that memory back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man, i know it will be fun to look ahead, but we should take a full day to look at how the team did today. I know the Redskins are one of the few teams that are even more beat up than the Eagles, but today was really a dominating performance. I think Doug held back a bit on offense to not show all his cards for the playoffs, and cause he didn't need them. Offense played pure ball and clock control, and really were dominant. then i saw this:

The Redskins’ are only the fourth NFL team in the last 26 years to net fewer than 90 yards in a home game.

Really was a dominating performance. not sure what they could have done better today. Secondary has really come together with all of these weeks of getting play experience

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Deamon said:

Just because Dallas and Seattle always play in that Sunday afternoon time slot.  Would make sense to keep them in the same spot.

Sat night NBC game you'd think would be the biggest markets.  Chicago/Philly are MASSIVE markets.

So happy it's the other way around though. 

I'm not. The late Sunday time slot is the only one I wouldn't be able to see the game in. I work Sunday night :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, renesauz said:

I'm not. The late Sunday time slot is the only one I wouldn't be able to see the game in. I work Sunday night :(

Ugh. Can you move your shift?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.