Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Deamon

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* -

Kind of crazy, was reading the Birds are one win away from evening the all time series vs the Giants for the first time ever...going back to the first game they played in 1933

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bushead said:

Kind of crazy, was reading the Birds are one win away from evening the all time series vs the Giants for the first time ever...going back to the first game they played in 1933

It's been pretty dominating during the 2010's. 13-4 Eagles

Alright time for me to get excited for this weekend, I've held it in too long.  Flying into Philly Thursday.  My buddy doesn't fly in until Friday morning so if anyone is in downtown Philly area Thursday night and wants to grab a beer, send me a message!

Friday afternoon we are heading to the Novacare complex right around the end of their practice to get let in.  Hopefully will get to see the tail end of their practice but not sure what time it ends.  After they're done, the whole D-line gathers together and has lunch that my friend makes for them every Friday home game, and we are going to that!  It's just me, my buddy, and the whole defensive line so going to be an amazing experience to meet and hang out with all of them.  Will do my best to stay composed, but I'm sure I'll be a little in awe.  Still trying to decide if I should wear Eagles gear or just normal clothes.... don't want to seem too "fanny".

My buddy has never been to Philly so we'll do some touristy stuff Saturday, eat a lot of cheesesteaks, then we're heading to the Sixers game that night.  Should hopefully be a win.

Sunday will be an early one, as we have field passes so need to be on the field around 11am.  Have never been to a 1pm game in Philly, anyone know what time tailgates start?  We're hoping to get at least an hour of parking lot festivities if possible, but not sure how early they get going there.  I'll be sure to yell at Cam and CMC and try to throw them off their game during warmups. 

We got club seats for the game, but not sure which section they're in.  They're the players tickets they can purchase for friends/family, so I'm sure they'll be be pretty good.  They were pretty reasonably priced too compared to what club seats are going for on stub hub right now. 

After the game our passes get us in the family room and the Touchdown Club.  Apparently most of the team goes out for dinner after the game to a local bar/restaurant in sectioned off area and we're apparently able to tag along for that too!  I feel like I'm about to go on a make-a-wish trip or something.  Nonetheless, 3 days until I'm hanging out with the team and hopefully witnessing a win! 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Deamon said:

Have never been to a 1pm game in Philly, anyone know what time tailgates start? 

Most of the tailgate lots (A-H, M, N, P and FDR Park) open at 6am on Sundays for 1pm games. Some people get there at 5am to line-up to get in the lots and tailgate before the tailgate :lol:

This game day guide will be updated for Sunday's game later this week and might be helpful. They will be honoring Dawkins for getting into the HOF (and he will get his HOF ring) at halftime. 

Even if they lose it sounds like you'll still have a pretty good trip overall 😉

Edited by The Noid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/16/2018 at 1:31 PM, Deamon said:

Alright time for me to get excited for this weekend, I've held it in too long.  Flying into Philly Thursday.  My buddy doesn't fly in until Friday morning so if anyone is in downtown Philly area Thursday night and wants to grab a beer, send me a message!

Friday afternoon we are heading to the Novacare complex right around the end of their practice to get let in.  Hopefully will get to see the tail end of their practice but not sure what time it ends.  After they're done, the whole D-line gathers together and has lunch that my friend makes for them every Friday home game, and we are going to that!  It's just me, my buddy, and the whole defensive line so going to be an amazing experience to meet and hang out with all of them.  Will do my best to stay composed, but I'm sure I'll be a little in awe.  Still trying to decide if I should wear Eagles gear or just normal clothes.... don't want to seem too "fanny".

My buddy has never been to Philly so we'll do some touristy stuff Saturday, eat a lot of cheesesteaks, then we're heading to the Sixers game that night.  Should hopefully be a win.

Sunday will be an early one, as we have field passes so need to be on the field around 11am.  Have never been to a 1pm game in Philly, anyone know what time tailgates start?  We're hoping to get at least an hour of parking lot festivities if possible, but not sure how early they get going there.  I'll be sure to yell at Cam and CMC and try to throw them off their game during warmups. 

We got club seats for the game, but not sure which section they're in.  They're the players tickets they can purchase for friends/family, so I'm sure they'll be be pretty good.  They were pretty reasonably priced too compared to what club seats are going for on stub hub right now. 

After the game our passes get us in the family room and the Touchdown Club.  Apparently most of the team goes out for dinner after the game to a local bar/restaurant in sectioned off area and we're apparently able to tag along for that too!  I feel like I'm about to go on a make-a-wish trip or something.  Nonetheless, 3 days until I'm hanging out with the team and hopefully witnessing a win! 

Just tell him Tim Tebow was a better QB at Florida. I heard that really riles him up. Backstory is his rookie year Cam made comments about how he was the best QB in his time at UF. The UF beat guys brought up articles and social media post from that spring saying how bad Cam was and that he didn't even deserve to be on the same field let alone on the roster. A girl I met through the BGN site on Facebook use to do some media work in Carolina for the Panthers and Cam took that one to his ego pretty good. Also just yell at him next time dive. 

As for tourist stuff not sure if they still do it this late in the year or how much time before the 76ers game but I suggest the City Bus Tour. This after doing it in Toronto and here in Philly might be the one thing when people ask about coming to Philly I suggest doing. Depending where you stay its an easy uber or el ride and you pay $30 or so for the tour. The bus drops you off along the tour where you want pay the admissions for the sites that ask for it and theres a spot where the bust comes again every 15-20 mins you hop back on show your ticket and you are off again. Through the ride the guide will also tell you interesting things about the city. The actual tour depending on traffic is a little over 1hr and 30mins depending on stops and all. It does the important stops and all as well like art museum, Rocky Statue, Betsy Ross House, State Pentantrium then theres a shuttle tour bus that does the Zoo and other stuff. Considering your limited time skip the Zoo shuttle. Its a hop off and hop on tour. It's worth the price but there are admission fees to get into some places. Even if you don't get off the tour is worth it. I took the tour only to map out parts I really want to get off when I have time. The day I did it I had plans later with my brother. Also go to Manayunk. The Brewery is awesome and you can get a real cheesesteak At Dalessandro's Steaks when you are there. They are open 11am-midnight besides Sundays they close at 9PM. 

As for the game depending on the lot some open as early as 6am. Your seats are most likely very similar to my Co Workers. I believe they are near MF Eagles Side and it comes with its own rest rooms and food if I'm not mistaken. I still haven't gone to a game yet with her. Most of my meetings and interactions with her son these days are by text , FB messenger and if he comes by to pick up or drop something off for her and I see him. Usually he's in a rush and only there for 5-10 mins max. Have fun and tell us what bar you might be going too tomorrow. I work till 6 and don't work till 2;30 on Friday so there could be a chance I could meet you somewhere downtown. I also wouldn't be hard to miss I'll be the guy in the Bulls jersey :D

Eagles made some roster moves yesterday. The Destiny Veao era is over. He was waived Injured for our old friend CB Dexter McDougle who we got in the Terrance Brooks trade and McDougle was our back up nickel CB and ST contribtor till the team signed Darnell Ellerbe after Hicks was lost for the year. Winston Craig was resigned to the PS and Kylie Wilson was cut. 

12 hours ago, The Noid said:

Most of the tailgate lots (A-H, M, N, P and FDR Park) open at 6am on Sundays for 1pm games. Some people get there at 5am to line-up to get in the lots and tailgate before the tailgate :lol:

This game day guide will be updated for Sunday's game later this week and might be helpful. They will be honoring Dawkins for getting into the HOF (and he will get his HOF ring) at halftime. 

Even if they lose it sounds like you'll still have a pretty good trip overall 😉

Awesome, thanks for the info.  That's amazing about Dawk.  Getting really pumped for this game!  You going to this one?

9 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

As for tourist stuff not sure if they still do it this late in the year or how much time before the 76ers game but I suggest the City Bus Tour. This after doing it in Toronto and here in Philly might be the one thing when people ask about coming to Philly I suggest doing. Depending where you stay its an easy uber or el ride and you pay $30 or so for the tour. The bus drops you off along the tour where you want pay the admissions for the sites that ask for it and theres a spot where the bust comes again every 15-20 mins you hop back on show your ticket and you are off again. Through the ride the guide will also tell you interesting things about the city. The actual tour depending on traffic is a little over 1hr and 30mins depending on stops and all. It does the important stops and all as well like art museum, Rocky Statue, Betsy Ross House, State Pentantrium then theres a shuttle tour bus that does the Zoo and other stuff. Considering your limited time skip the Zoo shuttle. Its a hop off and hop on tour. It's worth the price but there are admission fees to get into some places. Even if you don't get off the tour is worth it. I took the tour only to map out parts I really want to get off when I have time. The day I did it I had plans later with my brother. Also go to Manayunk. The Brewery is awesome and you can get a real cheesesteak At Dalessandro's Steaks when you are there. They are open 11am-midnight besides Sundays they close at 9PM.

Thanks for the info.  I was in Philly last year so did a lot of the tourist thing, but will show him around a bit.  Seats aren't as central as I thought they'd be, they're in M14.  Still should be good though, and even better if it comes with food!  We have passes for the family room area down there too which has lots of food too.  Not sure where I'll be at tomorrow.  Have to be at the airport at 4am so likely will be exhausted when arriving there.

Anyone have any must try cheesesteak places?  Already have done Pats, Genos, Jims, looking for something within walking distance of South and Broad.

This is a tough spot. Carolina will be desperate to get a win to try to keep pace with NO. Going to be a very hard fought game.

Eagles 34 Panthers 32

9 hours ago, Deamon said:

Awesome, thanks for the info.  That's amazing about Dawk.  Getting really pumped for this game!  You going to this one?

Yup. Only game I'll miss this year is the NYG game because of our family Disney trip. 

• Like 1

The Eagles resigned Bruce Hector to the 53 man roster from the practice squad and released Kamar Aiken WR. Eagles could've been down to Cox and Hestor for the game with Ngata hurt still and Timmy J not practicing yet. 

38 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Is there any more clarity on Clement v Smallwood workload? Looking at using one in Fanduel.

Nothing definitive so far.....but Carolina gives up 5.1 ypc to RB's this year.  

6 minutes ago, Maggot Brain said:

Nothing definitive so far.....but Carolina gives up 5.1 ypc to RB's this year.  

also, looking at their box scores, they've definitely been hurt a lot more by running the ball than receiving backs.  No one has done anything against them in that aspect, other than Saquon, who is obviously in his own league, plus wasn't one of those a bomb?  From OBJ maybe?

On another SAD note.....this RED TIDE phenomena down here in Florida has just killed a huge amount of fish on the beach near me.....just depressing  and the stench in terrible.  Former Eagles FB Leonard Weaver's family home is just across the street from me. Some of his family members & I will be helping with the cleanup.

Humankind sure does know how to suck sometimes😣😔

Just got back from the lunch.  That was pretty crazy.  If anyone cares, here's what happened.

So we met at the Novacare and security let us in as she had put our names down to get in.  Right when we walked in she came to meet us and took us to the Defensive Line meeting room.   Small little room with about 10 chairs in it and a few big white boards on the wall.  Some with stats of the linemen from practice/games, also a huge list of fines they hand out to players from anywhere from 20 to 500 bucks.  Some football related, some funny (your phone ringing in a team meeting costs you $100, missing a tackle is $50 in practice and $100 during a game, and a bunch of other ones).  Also had the panthers' O-line on the board and what each of their strengths were and how to beat each one of them.  Was a crazy amount of info and game planning that went into it.  My fave thing about the room is that there's pictures of all the QB's they've played so far this year, posted upside down on the wall.  Anyone who sacked him that game signs the photo.  Pretty cool, and hopefully a lot of signatures hit Cam's picture this week.  I have some pictures of all that stuff but not sure how to post them in here.

So there was me and my buddy, my friend who cooks them all chicken on Fridays, and a few of her friends just waiting for them to arrive.  Slowly they started coming in one by one, loading up their plates.  Sometimes they'd sit and stay and eat, sometimes just take their food to go.  About 20 in total players came in and we got introduced to most of them and chatted a little, but mostly they were just eating and going.  Fletch came in first and hung out for quite a while so we chatted with him a bit.  Sproles also came in (about 15 non D-linemen came in too).  Man he seems even smaller in real life.  Brandon Graham came in and was super cool too and introduced himself with a half-hug to us too.  Was awesome haha.  Other guys we met were Long, Adams, Gibson (he's gonna see some PT this week), Hector, Hester, Lane (man he's huge), Kelce (came and went quick, didn't get to chat to him), Maddox, Ngata (he came and hung out for a while), Sweat, and a couple other guys.  All were really nice, and all of them crushed a lot of food.  All this happened over about 2 hours.  Lots would get treatments or massages, etc after their shower then come in to the room to eat. 

We all left at about 3pm, and headed back out to the parking lot.  I was looking at my phone as we walked down the hall and looked up and Zach was 2 feet away walking the other way so I gave a quick/awkward "Hey Zach" and he said hi and headed back into the weight room.  Right as we were leaving JP also came out and was sad he missed the chicken lunch.  It wasn't really the right time to ask for pictures or chat with them today, so we just took it all in.  Have some cool pictures of the stuff inside the room though.

We got our field/family room passes for Sunday too, so hopefully see more of the guys then.  Sorry for the long post, figured some of it might be interesting to eagles fans.  Pretty incredible day!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sludge said:

Went and saw the Lombardi today with the 2/3s of my family. 

https://twitter.com/keith_dever/status/1053397378127052801

https://www.facebook.com/keith.dever

Awesome man.  Must have missed you by a few minutes.  We headed over to the Linc and the pro shop after our lunch thing.  Were probably there around 4pm.

I am confused by the lombardi trophy thing... is a new one presented and engraved each year or is it passed along?  I saw one in a case at the novacare today but it was engraved with eagles stuff (exactly the same as the one in your pictures) but figured it was just a replica because of the engravings.  I wonder if there's multiple of them or how that works? 

Either way looks like you had a great stadium tour.  Did that last year and it's awesome.