What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#metoo Movement (1 Viewer)

Thanks for starting the thread. I honestly think this may be the most important political movement of our age. The article you chose to link makes me doubt your sincerity, but that doesn't matter. Its still important to have a thread devoted to this topic.

Apparently you don't know what the word "too" means?
Oh I do.   I don’t want this important thread to be polluted with Trump hate, Trump rumor and Trump slander as all of the rest of these threads.   It’s about what can we do to make sure Americans of all backgrounds are not asked to tolerate misogyny and misandry. 

Oh I do.   I don’t want this important thread to be polluted with Trump hate, Trump rumor and Trump slander as all of the rest of these threads.   It’s about what can we do to make sure Americans of all backgrounds are not asked to tolerate misogyny and misandry. 
It isn't "Trump hate" to report that he has been accused by nearly 20 women of sexual assault. He was caught on tape bragging about it. Trump stands as arguably the most prevailing figure in the Me Too movement. If you don't think a lot of this began with his winning the election and is a direct response to that event you're sorely mistaken.

If you want to have a legitimate discussion about Me Too that's fantastic. But you can't have it without including Trump. Sorry.  

How do you remove Trump from the discussion? 

Sorry, but there are 19 women who have said "me too" about their interactions with Donald Trump, but tens of millions of Americans didn't care and still don't. If you're one of them you're part of the problem.

One thing you could do to make sure Americans of all backgrounds are not asked to tolerate misogyny and misandry is not tolerate it yourself. 

How many ex-wives would Rob Porter have to have beaten to prevent him from become White House Staff Secretary? 

Or did Trump, Pence, and Priebus think it was a positive that Porter is a serial woman-beater?

The answer is infinity as long as nobody found out about it.

That's how this administration works. See Flynn, Mike for another example.  
It's like the White House was triple dog dared to mishandle a woman-beating scandal worse than the NFL handled the Ray Rice situation.

Whataboutism is bad. But BOF SIDEZZZZZ is A OK!

How many ex-wives would Rob Porter have to have beaten to prevent him from become White House Staff Secretary? 

Or did Trump, Pence, and Priebus think it was a positive that Porter is a serial woman-beater?
Since it’s Trump related...we can’t disciss it in this thread..it’s apparently wanting to make sure only democrats are discussed.

You are the first person to mention Trump.

Sorry, but there are 19 women who have said "me too" about their interactions with Donald Trump, but tens of millions of Americans didn't care and still don't. If you're one of them you're part of the problem.

One thing you could do to make sure Americans of all backgrounds are not asked to tolerate misogyny and misandry is not tolerate it yourself. 
Oh. I don’t tolerate it.  That’s why I am so glad that TIME’S UP for the Harvey Weinstein’s of the world.  I am not into politicizing this movement and targeting our President.  That’s when the movement loses credibility.  Look at the original article posted.  We don’t have time to be led by sexual predators, alleged victims brought up to satisfy a political agenda and people that twist the goals for political purposes.   

Is this the thread where we talk about the President who enabled a two-time wife beater that couldn't pass a background check?
Apparently it's a thread where we talk about how awful sexual predators are.

Unless they work in the White House. Then we should just allow them to do whatever they want. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. I don’t tolerate it.  That’s why I am so glad that TIME’S UP for the Harvey Weinstein’s of the world.  I am not into politicizing this movement and targeting our President.  That’s when the movement loses credibility.  Look at the original article posted.  We don’t have time to be led by sexual predators, alleged victims brought up to satisfy a political agenda and people that twist the goals for political purposes.   
No, that's where you and every other hypocrite/troll who claims with a wink that he stands with abused, assaulted and harassed women while standing with Trump and his administration of abusers and enablers lose credibility.

No, that's where you and every other hypocrite/troll who claims with a wink that he stands with abused, assaulted and harassed women while standing with Trump and his administration of abusers and enablers lose credibility.
So you are okay with the leader of #metoo in California objectifying and groping young subordinate male employees?

So you are okay with the leader of #metoo in California objectifying and groping young subordinate male employees?
No we have problems with cherry picking a few incidents to try to give the impression there is some kind equal behavior on both sides of this issue. 

The issues women face on this issue are massive and pervasive. Literally every woman alive can talk about issues they have had with harassment. 

Sure there are some issues with females harrassing and some with false accusations. But you try to minimize the issue the by inferring there is even close the the same prevalence on both sides of this issue. There isn't. Not. Even. Close.  

Don't turn this around on me and assume I'm OK or not OK with anything just because you can't or won't address your own position. I have a solid basis for my assumption that you support Trump despite his well-documented lifetime of misogyny, the 19 women who have alleged that he sexually assaulted him, the countless more who have been harassed or improperly objectified by him in a professional setting, and the fact that his White House appears to welcome, attract and protect men who beat up women.

If you want me to explain how I feel about some random state legislator I'd never heard of before I clicked on that link you're gonna have to explain yourself first. So let's hear it. Why do you support Trump despite (hopefully not because of) all the things I described above? Do you think that sends the right message to women who feel like society disregards their allegations and concerns and treats them like second-class citizens?

No we have problems with cherry picking a few incidents to try to give the impression there is some kind equal behavior on both sides of this issue. 

The issues women face on this issue are massive and pervasive. Literally every woman alive can talk about issues they have had with harassment. 

Sure there are some issues with females harrassing and some with false accusations. But you try to minimize the issue the by inferring there is even close the the same prevalence on both sides of this issue. There isn't. Not. Even. Close.  
Damn good posting here.

I hope this movement encourages grown women to speak out immediately and not wait sometimes decades...By staying silent it just exposes other women to being assaulted down the line.

Sorry, but you don't really get to dictate what people post in a thread you start. PM Hell Toupee for details.

I hope this movement encourages grown women to speak out immediately and not wait sometimes decades...By staying silent it just exposes other women to be assaulted down the line.
You understand there are legitimate reasons why women don't always speak out right? With Weinstein, for example, there was the real threat that he could destroy careers. He carried that much clout. With others it comes down to women not convinced they will be believed. How crazy is that, right? 

Just want to be clear that you're not blaming the victims. 

You understand there are legitimate reasons why women don't always speak out right? With Weinstein, for example, there was the real threat that he could destroy careers. He carried that much clout. With others it comes down to women not convinced they will be believed. How crazy is that, right? 

Just want to be clear that you're not blaming the victims. 
 I think it would be terrible to live with the fact that I was assaulted but it would be even worse if I knew I could prevent others from the abuse and didn't or felt like I couldn't...So saying I hope the movement provides victims the strength to speak out immediately is hardly blaming the victim...

I think it would be terrible to live with the fact that I was assaulted but it would be even worse if I knew I could prevent others from the abuse and didn't or felt like I couldn't...So saying I hope the movement provides victims the strength to speak out immediately is hardly blaming the victim...
Fair enough. Care to answer the question I posed in the first sentence of my reply?

Sorry, but you don't really get to dictate what people post in a thread you start. PM Hell Toupee for details.
Shame on all of you hyenas that just soil Trump in any thread in the political subforum. 

There has NEVER been a President in American history that has been more inclusive for women. Kellyann Conway, Hope Hicks, Ivanka and Sarah Sanders are all in his inner circle.  

You have all been duped into following this liberal narrative that Trump is horrible to women by pushing these bogus claims.  These claims are generated to feed the fear of the left wing womyn’s Anti-republican agenda. 

I would view that as a problem and potentially a rather huge one. 
I think you just want to try and bait me into some kind of argument...What difference does it make what their reason if through the movement they are provided the strength to not need a reason to stay silent.

I think you just want to try and bait me into some kind of argument...What difference does it make what their reason if through the movement they are provided the strength to not need a reason to stay silent.
No I'm not trying to bait you. I just think that one of the fundamental issues here is understanding why women remain(ed) silent. Look at the response from the White House regarding Trump's accusers. The White House position is that all of them are lying. Roy Moore's position was his accusers were lying and Trump and the Republican Party backed him. Think of how devastating it would be to be a woman trying to prove her truth when an entire political party is fighting you and your words. Weinstein was in a position to destroy people's careers. It's easy to tell women to say it now when they're being harassed. The reality is there are legitimate reasons why they don't. 

No I'm not trying to bait you. I just think that one of the fundamental issues here is understanding why women remain(ed) silent. Look at the response from the White House regarding Trump's accusers. The White House position is that all of them are lying. Roy Moore's position was his accusers were lying and Trump and the Republican Party backed him. Think of how devastating it would be to be a woman trying to prove her truth when an entire political party is fighting you and your words. Weinstein was in a position to destroy people's careers. It's easy to tell women to say it now when they're being harassed. The reality is there are legitimate reasons why they don't. 
I hear ya, but you have to admit this has been going on long before Trump...If anything maybe there is hope that the nonsense in the White House will be the catalyst to embolden them more.

I hear ya, but you have to admit this has been going on long before Trump...If anything maybe there is hope that the nonsense in the White House will be the catalyst to embolden them more.
Absolutely. I'm not blaming Trump for sexual harassment. I do believe, though, his election victory sparked a massive change in our society, especially among women.When the country elected an admitted sexual abuser to the White House I think that pissed off a lot of women. To quote Howard Beale, they're mad as hell and they're not gonna take it anymore.  

There has NEVER been a President in American history that has been more inclusive for women. Kellyann Conway, Hope Hicks, Ivanka and Sarah Sanders are all in his inner circle.  
So he's not a sexual predator because he hires women? Kinda like he's not a raciest because he knows rappers defense.

Shame on all of you hyenas that just soil Trump in any thread in the political subforum. 

You have all been duped into following this liberal narrative that Trump is horrible to women by pushing these bogus claims.  These claims are generated to feed the fear of the left wing womyn’s Anti-republican agenda. 
I don't know if you could say never, but he is the most inclusive POtuS for women in a while.  You have to go all the way back to President Obama to find a POTUS with more women serving important roles in an administration: Loretta Lynch, Valeria Jarrett, Susan Rice, Janet Napitalano, Elena Kagan, Hillary Clinton, etc.

Oh wait, I guess we definitely can't say never, and we need to add "never" to the list of words that you don't fully understand.

knowledge dropper, indeed. :no:

Users who are viewing this thread