What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite RUSH Tune? (1 Viewer)

The second shortest is their best song. No lame lyrics, migraine inducing drum solos, tortured vocals, or any other type of overdone Rushiness. In fact, no Neil and no Geddy. Just a lovely guitar instrumental appropriately titled Hope.
No Geddy? Sweet. I won't bother listening to it but it already counts as my favorite Rush song. 

/I don't like Rush, if you couldn't tell

Last edited by a moderator:
These Rush threads seem to pop up moreso then nearly any other band.  Like it's on a cicada cycle of some sort.

It's almost creepy.

Rush is one of those groups where I don't understand what all the fuss is about.  And that goes for both of you.

Off the top of my head :

Working Man Live in Cleveland - this specific version of Working Man is pretty spectacular, Alex has an outstanding solo here.

Caravan - studio version is one of my favorite Rush songs of all time and I've been a fan since high school (mid 80's).

La Villa Strangiato - in all the solo's that Rush have done this and YYZ are both pretty spectacular.

Fly By Night is one of my favorite albums but Making Memories and In The End are simply amazing to me and underrated.

And then finally, I would say my favorite era are the albums from 1980-1985 Permanent Waves to Power Windows but, honestly, I'm a big fan of the entire catalog, I just find myself listening to those albums the most.

Countdown, love the way they mixed in the audio from the NASA controllers from the first Space Shuttle launch, which the guys from Rush attended.

Going to go a little defensive for a moment...we understand that some of you guys don't like Rush, but it's real easy to ignore a thread. If you hate 'em just move on to the next one. When I pick one in a draft, then you can tell me how much you dislike them. :D

Also, I get it, you don't like Geddy's voice; I to can dislike his voice sometimes, especially live. But you have to be able to appreciate their musical ability, as well as the fact that they were able to stay together without any personnel changes since 1974 (Peart for Rutsey), and with only one other minor one before that, before they really became a professional band. Very few bands of their stature can say that.

Thanks for the videos !!

I've followed Rush since the release of the first album.....just a class act......something millennials will never see ....
Okay confession time.  The year is 1985, I'm a Junior in High School and three of my H.S. buddies are huge into Rush.  They came over to my house because I had cable and specifically MTV and they found out Rush was going to premiere their Big Money video.  They were talking up Rush, Rush this, Rush that, blah, blah, blah as Geddy would say.  I'm into heavy metal at that time like AC/DC, Van Halen, UFO, Accept, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, etc.  And, by the way, this was not looked kindly upon by most people.  I used to get $hit from people calling Maiden/Metallica/etc "speed metal garbage,etc." and, OMG, I used to defend that to the end for whatever reason, defending the honor of heavy metal or whatever. ;)   So, anyway, The Big Money video comes on and I thought that video was horrible.   I hated the song, I thought it was lame as hell and I thought these looked like 3 really goofy, no talent old geezers trying way too hard to be hip and again I'm a know-it-all/angry 17 year old guy so you can't tell me anything. I thought they sucked and that was that, case closed. :)   

Fast forward to college (two years later) and I'm looking for something new to listen to and I stumble upon Rush's first album at a used record store.  I thought "okay, I'll give these guys a chance" so I bought it and I really liked it a lot and I continued to purchase the albums (used of course) in sequential order after that and I became a total Rush fan/nerd/what have you eventually going to at least two concerts per new album for years, belonged to the National Midnight Star (a Rush discussion only e-mail fan list, etc.)   It's funny because most people that know me think Rush is all I ever listen to, ah well. Heck I still like Maiden and all that but I like Blues, Jazz, Classical, lots of different genres these days.

So, when I read on here that people hate Rush, honestly, I totally understand it and it doesn't bother me in the least, everyone has different musical tastes and I do think Rush is an acquired taste.

Okay confession time.  The year is 1985, I'm a Junior in High School and three of my H.S. buddies are huge into Rush.  They came over to my house because I had cable and specifically MTV and they found out Rush was going to premiere their Big Money video.  They were talking up Rush, Rush this, Rush that, blah, blah, blah as Geddy Alex would say. 
FIFY! ;)

Natural Science - another amazing song, it's like 3 or 4 songs in one, Alex throws in a couple nice solos, time changes, Neil's drumming 2nd to none as usual and Geddy's bass work is so subtle, love the vocals and just enough keyboard, love the lyrics. . . ". . . the most endangered species. . . the honest man" - love that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread